Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    - Shop in person at the dealership (emails are a ploy to get you in the dealership)

- Compare apples to apples.

- Get the best OTD (we ALL pay it)
  • Options
    maxamillion85maxamillion85 Member Posts: 78
    ....what are the current incentives available on the Accord. Edmunds.com doesnt show any avialable in my area at the moment (29353.)

Been lookin extensively at the Accord EX-L manual and the Mazda6 i Touring and Grand Touring models....will be ready to pull the trigger REAL soon! Thanks in advance
  • Options
    CrystalizedCrystalized Member Posts: 3
    In L.A. - an LX

Have a quote @ 21,166 OTD - 19,268 plus all the taxes, etc. Seems like a good deal, am I delusional?

If it's not, how do I get them to make it lower? I would really like to buy it at this dealer as I can walk there from my house and work.

THANKS in advance!
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 2
    How do you find out what the dealer holdback is? Is it always 3%?? Is it safe to assume 3% less than the dealer invoice as a starting price?
  • Options
    rickwjennrickwjenn Member Posts: 40
    Ordered my 2009 Accord Coupe in early January, it was built at Marysville on 1/18 and I picked it up yesterday. Had to order to the exact car I wanted:

Coupe EX-L
    V6 and 6 Speed Manual
    Navigation System
    Belize Blue / Black

The Belize was the hard one - only four were made in January in this trim at Marysville out the 25k cars built :)

The car is absolutely perfect. The V6 is very powerful and the six speed is very precise. The Belize Blue is the most incredible blue paint I have every seen.

It took me about three minutes to figure out the Navi, XM Radio, and HVAC controls. All the reviews about the Accord's "overly complex center section" are BS IMO. The navigation system is very intuitive with the knob/pointer/mouse.

I didn't realize it had a trip computer as part of the Navi system - I had resigned myself to not having that once I decided not to get a TSX or another TL. I got 25 mpg on the combined drive home yesterday.

Paid $27.7k including destination or right at $1300 under invoice.

This is my eighth Honda and so far the best in terms style, driving, power, and features.

Here is a pix:

2009 Coupe V6 In Belize Blue
  • Options
    ukalum93ukalum93 Member Posts: 1
    I was going to buy a Honda Accord in January but there were no financing special. So, thought I'd wait for the Feb specials to come out. But, nothing again.

When the bak rate is virtually non existent, and sales in the tank, you'd think that Honda would have some spectacular financing specials. Con someone explain this logic?
  • Options
    2008honda2008honda Member Posts: 17
    Crystalized,

Please add more info. about each entry and show us OTD = $21,166

Sale price = ?

Dealer fees = ?

CA Tax = ?

Tag Title = ?

I think you can start negotiating with sale price around $18,500

I am alos looking to get LX around OTD of $19,500 or LX-p = $20,500 :)
  • Options
    clubprodigyclubprodigy Member Posts: 2
    Wow, looks like a great deal. You answered most of my questions: the feeling of the shifter and the gas milage.

On the internet a dealer in Texas gave me an OTD of $28,800 (includes everything). He claims that the 28.8k is the invoice price plus all the taxes and fees. The car has the exact same specs, except without Nav. How is the Nav system btw? Good?

Was your $27.7k also OTD, including taxes?

I have another final question: did you have to pay cash to get the deal? Or did you do financing through Honda Financial Services?

Thanks for your post. It's a great help towards my quest for a 2 door Accord. And here I thought I was the only one who wanted a coupe Accord. =)
  • Options
    I can't explain it, but it is true. I have a pre-approved loan from my credit union at 4% and 3 Honda dealers have basically said they WISH they could touch that with a ten foot pole, but I'd be using the CU and not them. Go figure.
  • Options
    This is actually where I am right now - they didn't have the red exterior I wanted so I'm waiting until tomorrow morning. Seems pretty good to me...I've been playing dealers off each other a bit. You goal looks really low but I bet you can do it - do you live in a state with lower tax than me?! I'm not a master negotiator by any means, but the payments are what I want and I got the bluetooth for basically $30.

Price (including handsfree bluetooth & destination charge)

Tax (CA 8.25%)

Doc fee

DMV fee (tag, title, license)

State Tire Fee

OTD
  • Options
    goldmembergoldmember Member Posts: 19
    tmkl1,

Thank you very much. I wish I would have checked this over the weekend. I'm not seeing that stock number on their webiste, but they open in 7 minutes and I will be calling them right away. I'm willing to leave work today to go get this car if they have it!
  • Options
    nexofanexofa Member Posts: 31
    I got the side molding on my blue EXL sedan and it looks good.

I saw the deck spoiler on the model in the showroom and IMO it didn't add much to the look.

What I'm really psyched about is my new wndow tint. Looks awesome.
  • Options
    doug77doug77 Member Posts: 7
    I don't know where you reside but assuming it's not in Texas, how do you get the dealer to deliver the car to you from Texas? Is there additional charges to do this and if so, how much? I live in Texas and would like to buy elsewhere if I can get a better deal but assuming I can do this, if the cost to get it down here is too great, then the deal won't be such a good deal for me.
  • Options
    For $28.8 OTD, does it have Navigation? If it does that is a screaming deal. Sounds like a non-Navi car to me based on the dealer price.

My was $27.7k BEFORE taxes - it was right at $29.9k all up.

I paid cash, but the dealer would have let me finance - all they wanted was a $1000 deposit to order it.

The 09 Coupe V6 6 Speed is a dream IMO - it is like a BMW 3 for about $20k less. The styling is very aggressive and I got a bunch of questions and looks over the weekend. It handles well and the V6 has tons of power. I only have 81 miles on it now - break in is 600 miles so it may take a while before I have full throttle experiences.
  • Options
    No - it is just a dealer order. Your local dealer will , get a spot on the Marysville Ohio production line and the car comes right to the dealer like other stock.

You would be able to get a better deal on a order since the car really never sits in the dealer inventory......

I don't recommend buying out of state - the registration and transfer back into your home state is painful and can cost extra vs. just getting the car in state.
  • Options
    Buying a Honda right now is VERY EASY.

Get the Invoice price (including destination) and offer $1000 below that. There is $1000 dealer cash plus some holdback - the dealer will still be making $ and you will get a great deal. If you email several dealers, they will start going below this $100 or so and you will get it for more than $1000 below invoice.

I just got my 09 Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed w/Navi in Belize Blue for $1300 under invoice that way.....
  • Options
    luv4accordluv4accord Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the triangle area (Raleigh/Durham) also, looking to purchase 09 EXL with Navi in mid March. Please let me know how you make out. I think it's best to get a OTD quote.
  • Options
    romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    I have narrowed my search to a Accord V6EXL without Nav and so far the lowest quote is $24,988 + tax +license. The price includes the destination charge.

I am in bay area CA. Can I do better or should I take the deal?
  • Options
    mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    It's going to be a bit difficult to pin down pricing for March simply because Honda is offering dealers $750.00 dealer cash (4cyl Accord) or $1000.00 (V6 Accord) only through March 2nd.

Rather then wait until mid-March, try moving up you purchase schedule a few weeks. Or, take a chance that come March 3rd, Honda will offer something better (my uneducated guess is no).

Get a list of local dealers and star emailing all of them. Ask them to suplly you with a break down of all costs including tax, title, license and dealer documentaion fee for a total out-the-door. Narrow your choice down to the one or two that will actually listen to your request and then call and see if they get do any better.

Good luck and happy shopping :)
  • Options
    mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Thats pretty much a net-net deal. You could try for another hundred or so - it couldn't hurt. :shades:
  • Options
    LocaRojaLocaRoja Member Posts: 9
    I've been reading this message board for the past month as I plan to buy a new Honda Accord this year (currently I have '02 accord). If I understand the recommendations, I should be able to negotiate 1K under invoice. Does include destination charge or not? I know tax and title would be above this number.

I would like an '09 EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A), no navi, invoice price = $23,995. So ideally I could haggle down to 23,000 + destination ($670), title, and tags? Should I also expect a dealer documentation fee? Is that negotiable?

Also, are there any financing specials? I have a good down payment, but still need a loan. I just put in a car loan app with my bank, but last time I financed through Honda....

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    larrydrumslarrydrums Member Posts: 6
    2009 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Navi
    purchase price = $25,290
    39 mo lease "all-in" = 379/mo, with 2,000 down.
    We are in IL so the lease rate above includes full sales tax.

We leased a Pilot 3 yrs ago... 32,000 vehicle and with 2000 down our payments were 386. Based on that, Accord lease rate feels high, but seems to be in range with other posts here.

Feedback appreciated!
  • Options
    Yes - as long as you use the invoice number WITH Destination.

Kbb.com or Edmunds.com includes the destination (based on your zip) in the "invoice price".
  • Options
    falashanfalashan Member Posts: 22
    I plan on leasing this vehicle before the end of the February.

Would someone please supply the Money Factor and Residuals for a 36 month 15k per year lease.

Also what is the pre-payment rate for excess mileage and is the $1,000 dealer incentive still in effect?

Thank you.
  • Options
    iamottashapeiamottashape Member Posts: 4
    Right now I am at $26, 600 OTD for a V6 exl- everything but the nav. I think that's good price- am I right? Also, I have one dealer telling me they will beat everyone by $100. Just call with my lowest price and they'll beat it. I'm liking it....
  • Options
    2009_accord2009_accord Member Posts: 7
    I am in Long Island, New York, and try to buy an 2009 Accord LX or LXP. Has anyone in NY recently purchased one? The best price I can get now is around $20.5k (OTD) for an LX.
  • Options
    reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    i paid $20,000 flat for an lx-p at honda city in levitown at the end of december. i believe the dealer incentives have gotten better since then.
  • Options
    You mean your OTD is $20k for an LX-P. That is very nice. I would take this immediately if I were offered the price. As I was told by some dealers, the LX-P has alloy wheels and power driver seat. :)

How did you get this price. I am really not a good negotiator.
  • Options
    pdxcarspdxcars Member Posts: 4
    I also got an LX-P last month for $20k before tax and license in NM. Dealt entirely by emails... just came in to sign the paperwork.
  • Options
    hondaowner10hondaowner10 Member Posts: 21
    I paid just over 20K for my new LX-P a few weeks ago. That includes destination but not tax, title, license, and dealer documentation fee. I added the body side moldings but that was all. I did price checking via email. I used Edmunds to contact all the area Honda dealers. All but one sent me a price via email. I used those emails at my local (1 mile away) dealership as negotiation tools. They gave me a price and I pulled out the emails. They instantly lowered their price to about $400 below the lowest price I had been given.
  • Options
    hondaowner10hondaowner10 Member Posts: 21
    Hi all,

I added a few pictures in the photos section of this site of my new and former Accord. My former Accord was totaled in an accident during a winter storm. I can't say enough about crash test ratings and crumple zones.
  • Options
    larrydrumslarrydrums Member Posts: 6
    got a price of 25,270 on the same car (EX-L, no nav) in the chicagoland area. haven't pulled the trigger yet - wife is looking at alternatives and we'll be leasing and we find that Honda money factor is higher than their competition.
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    It looks like the great new car deals are driving down prices of the late-model pre-owned models, too! According to Edmunds TMV, a 2007 Accord LX V6 4-door, Silver, with 20k miles in Outstanding condition has a Detail Retail Value of $17,636 and a Certified Used Value of $18,633.

I found it (with black interior, just like I wanted) at a local Honda dealer for $17,995 in like-new condition as a Certified Used Honda. I test drove it yesterday and ended up leaving after an hour or so of negotiations. I told them I'd pay $16k out the door and not a penny more, they were still over $17k at that point.

Got a call earlier this evening that they'd take $16k. I made them email the deal and a copy of the sales contract written to that exact total! =) I'm picking it up tomorrow!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    IsThisMicLiveIsThisMicLive Member Posts: 8
    I also have a local dealer who who said that they would beat my best deal by $100, but they have never offered any quote of their own.

Personally, I consider that pretty sleazy. I can't wait until I'm about ready to purchase, go to that dealer, get all of the papers ready to sign for a new EX-L V6 and then say "oh, sorry, I'm not willing to screw the dealer who did the best job working with me for a measly $100. You loser, you should have worked instead of just trying to cherry-pick your competitor."
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    I'm going to try, and trade my 08 Acura TL W/Navigation (3000 miles) straight up, for an 09 Honda Accord EX Sdn L V-6 W/Navigation. My wife had major hip surgery, and she can't sit comfortable in the TL. Also, the Accord has an up and down passenger seat which would be good for her. Hopefully, I find a dealer who want's to make a quick 2 or 3 thousand when he sells the TL. I'm in the Phil. south Jersey area.
  • Options
    reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    This is how you get the price. you go in, and you tell them that you will pay them $#### for the car. don't let them play any bs games (read the how to negotiate stuff on edmunds)

ps- price of $20M does not include sales tax or reg and inspection fees for NY State about $40 them to get the stuff from motor vehicles- that $40 was money well spent
  • Options
    iamottashapeiamottashape Member Posts: 4
    ex-l v6 out the door?
  • Options
    ram_mdxram_mdx Member Posts: 13
    What is your selling price? I am interested.
  • Options
    rayjlrayjl Member Posts: 5
    I think your screwed because your payoff is way to high. If your trying to lower your payment it's not going to work.
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice. I just do not know what price should I offer when starting the negotiation. Should I offer some price couple hundreds dollars below the Dealer Invoice Price (DIP) as the initial negotiation price (OTD)?
  • Options
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/444610

Based on this calculation, the target price (OTD) is around the invoice price of accord. I did the computation for my self for LX and LXP.
  • Options
    asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    If the economic stimulus bill passes:

Anyone who buys a new car in 2009 gets to deduct the sales tax. To qualify, buyer must make less than $125,000 individually or $250,000 jointly.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/13/stimulus.winners.losers/index.html
  • Options
    andrey20910andrey20910 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am debating about the price that I should pay for 2007 Honda Accord VP. It has 46000 miles. Location: Gaithersburg, MD.

According to the kbb.com based on the private-party: good condition - $8890 excellent - $9615
    (http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2007&Mileage=46000&Ve- hicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&ModelId=122&PriceType=Private+Party&Vehicle- Id=83827&SelectionHistory=83827|30039|20852|0|0|&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=)-

The Edmunds.com Used car appraiser gives you $11533 (private-party)
    (http://www.edmunds.com/used/2007/honda/accord/100782849/options.html?tmvaction=- vdpresult)

Thanks in advance,

Andrey
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    deduct tax on lease also?
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    Anyone who buys a new car in 2009 gets to deduct the sales tax. To qualify, buyer must make less than $125,000 individually or $250,000 jointly.

That won't help in states with no income tax as we can already deduct sales tax on vehicles.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    It's not enough to make the difference, either way, probably.... just a nice perk if you were already going to purchase a car.

For instance, if I were to buy a $30K car, the sales tax in my state would be $1800, which if deductible, would lower my federal taxes by $450.. or, less than one payment.. Nice, but it won't sway me to buy a car that I wouldn't, anyway.. I guess it is sort of a stimulus, in that it puts more money in the pockets of consumers... but, I don't see it stimulating the auto industry, specifically, at least not measurably.

Also, according to what I read in the paper, it is an above the line deduction, so even those that don't itemize can claim it (which would help those in no income tax states).

Now... if it were a federal tax credit.. then, we'd have something!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    the tax deduction was eliminated from the final bill so you can forget that. there is a rebate if you buy a new car it is about 1% of the cost so if you buy 25 car you get 250 and 50K car you get 500.00. 500 is the max. so do not buy to get that not worth it.
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Ram: It's a little complicated. If I found a dealer who would trade even up on an 09 Accord EX V-6 L Sdn W/Navigation, for my TL, I would have no sales tax involve. I received a price from a dealer, (through the internet) of $26,366 + destination (Apprx. $670.00 which totals $27,036). I've got a few extras on the TL like pin stripe, wheel locks, matching color door edge guards, matching color mud guards, and trunk protector. I'd ask the Honda dealer to split the extras on cost. Sales tax on the price of $27,306 is $1893.00, for an total of $29,199. The cost of transfer tags etc is minimal which is no problem for me. If I sold it privately I'd have to at least get a firm price of $29,000. The sales tax is the big bone, and the reason why I stated that a dealer could make a quick $3,000+ for the even up trade of an 09 Accord.

On VEHIX, the TL gives a trade in price of $27,200, with a dealer average retail price of $30,700. It's a great looling car, red in color which you don't see many of that color on the highway, and has tan interior. I truly love the car, for it's sporty look, and terriffic handling. I've own four Honda's since 1994, and presently own an 06 Accord EX V-6. I've heard some people say that a TL is a "little" up grade from an Accord. They are mistaken, for the TL is truly an up scale vehicle. However, my wife, because of her physical problem has brought me to this point. It has a 43 month bumper to bumper warranty, garage kept, and the odometer is 3100 miles.
  • Options
    jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Stripe, you originally stated the Accord has an up/down passenger seat that will help your wife. The passenger seat DOES NOT adjust for height, it's only 4-way power. The driver's seat is 8-way power and adjusts up and down.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    On VEHIX, the TL gives a trade in price of $27,200, with a dealer average retail price of $30,700.

I'm not sure how you can get 27.2K on a used TL w/ Nav. People could get this car new for 30K + TTL around Dec.