Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda CR-V Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    And other manufacturers are doing it too. My Mazda Tribute is in the same boat :) Good news is that if you use google, or Ebay you should be able to find one at a good discount. Some Mazda owners actually complained to customer service and were offered the XM receiver with some deep discounts.. Not sure if Honda would do the same..
  • Options
    sosborne301sosborne301 Member Posts: 21
    The salesman was new and told me that all I had to do is transfer my XM subscription. He admitted the mistake to the service department and they are installing all components at no charge. I think I am at the best dealership in the world...the sales process was great and the service department was great...Clarkesville, Maryland.
  • Options
    50merc50merc Member Posts: 1
    I just test drove a 2005 crv ex and experienced numbness in left leg almost immediatly after starting the test drive. Tried adjusting the seat, but it continued. I really like the crv and want to buy one , but need help with this problem. A couple years ago I had a Toyota highlander and experienced the same problem. Had to sell it. I don't have the problem in our Yukon or my silvarado pickup. I am wondering what the difference is in the seat construction between the Japanese cars and the larger American vehicles?Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution for it? thanks
  • Options
    cybernut04cybernut04 Member Posts: 98
    50merc said: "I just test drove a 2005 crv ex and experienced numbness in left leg almost immediatly after starting the test drive. Tried adjusting the seat, but it continued."

You could try another test drive or two. The front seats of the CR-V really bother only a small percentage of people, from what I've gathered on this and other forums. But if you're one of those people, the problem is real, and it doesn't get better.

"Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution for it?"

I haven't experienced a numbness - my problem is the lower back. It's been better this winter - I think the coat/jacket I wear on any given day helps cushion my back.

I've tried a couple of different back supports & seat inserts from the Healthy Back Store (a Google search on "Healthy Back Store" will pull up the website as the first hit). I bought a very nice seat insert and used it for 3-4 weeks before returning it ... just didn't do the job.

I'm very thankful our other vehicle - an '04 Sienna we use for commuting and long trips - has an adjustable lumbar support on the driver's seat.

My advice - look for something else. If the CR-V seats cause you problems on a test drive, those problems probably won't go away when you buy it.
  • Options
    ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    Hi - I had the same problem in my '99 CR-V, and now drive a 2002 Highlander. First off, I find the Highlander seat a little more comfortable; but then again I'm a big guy, and need the extra width. But both of these seats bug me in one particular way - the seat cushion angle. In the old 'V, I could adjust the height of the front of the seat independently from the height of the rear of the seat, and get a setting that was OK. Same on the Highlander's manual seat. I find the most comfort was with the front of the seat down, and the back of the seat up - sort of the opposite of most seats. My chiropractor tells me that the ideal seat is horizontal - maybe even a little tilted forward - and have the seat back nearly vertical. You can't do that on the new 'V - the seat goes up and down, but the tilt is fixed.

Last week I even made the Highlander quite a bit more comfortable by adding some spacer washers under the rear seat-mount. I got some new bolts that were 30mm longer, 8 thick washers (4 per side) and shimmed up the back about an inch or so. Much more comfortable for me now.

Before I did this mod, I tested the idea by sitting on a folded-up towel. First, I folded the towel to be about 6 inches wide and 2 inches thick, and the full width of the seat. (It compressed down to a about an inch thick when sitting on it.) I placed it nearly all the way back on the seat, so that it didn't support my legs at all - just my sitting bones. When I found how much I liked this, I did the seat mod. A few companies sell wedge-shaped cushions, but the ones I tried were too soft for 250lb. me.

Hope this helps. For the record, if I could have gotten the CR-V with a seat that would go back another 2 inches, I'd have bought a 2005. They are sweet. Just not quite as much legroom as a Highlander. But the CR-V is much more enjoyable to drive, and has more safety equipment (VSC and Side Airbags) standard.
  • Options
    bigeauxbigeaux Member Posts: 46
    Bought an 05 LX 2WD yesterday. When I first drove it Tuesday night, it was definitely PTTR. I pointed this out, and the salesman said they would check it out on the PDI. The tire inflation looked a little off, so I was only mildly concerned.

When I came back Wednesday and drove it again, it was straight as an arrow on the same roads. I noticed a 2 mile odometer difference when I got in, so the mechanic must have driven it and checked for the pull, as was shown on the PDI check list.

I recommend driving the vehicle after PDI, but before closing the deal, to anyone buying a CR-V concerned about the PTTR issue discussed in this forum.
  • Options
    armandarmand Member Posts: 178
    I hate to sound dumb, but what is a PDI?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Pre Delivery Inspection

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    raileyrailey Member Posts: 2
    Hi--I bought an '05 CRV SE about three weeks ago. Have 700 miles on it. So far I love it. The only problem I've noticed is a "bonging" noise coming from under the car. Seems like it's coming from the exhaust--probably the converter area (under the front passenger seat). It almost sounds like metal expanding. It happens while the CRV is in idle and while moving. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks!
  • Options
    mafernamaferna Member Posts: 83
    Hi,

Just bought my (well, wife's) LX 2WD. It already has 80 miles (I bought it just 2 hours ago!), and no PTTR at all. Make sure you test drive it before delivery though.

Many thanks to you all.
  • Options
    bob05bob05 Member Posts: 27
    Is the CRV prone to light scratching on the nose of the hood, just above and on either side of the H on the nose?

Mine is 4 mos old, and there are maybe 3 or 4 light vertical scratches there....curious, since my CRV does little highway driving, and stones or salt would have to be kicked up....

starting to suspect little hands picking at it as they go by.... :mad:

Bob
  • Options
    rocket2rocket2 Member Posts: 3
    Interesting that the dealer claims to have "tweaked" the caster, since it's not adjustable on Hondas.
  • Options
    hamman1hamman1 Member Posts: 7
    Steve;
    I'm going back in for alignment this Wednesday. I noted that the toe in is -0.07 on the left and +0.08 on the right. If I'm correct that equates to a natural slightly right turn???
    I'm going to put a thread on here to see if my thinking is correct on this toe-in.
    George
  • Options
    Rocket2;
    I have a printout of my alignment that the Honda Dealer did and it has a caster alignment specified range??? Are you talking about the 2005 CRV not having a caster adjustment?
    Thanks.
    George
  • Options
    I had my brand new Honda CRV aligned within 4 days after paying my hard earned money and taking possession of it. When I test drove a 2005 CRV it didn't seem to have the PTTR or I wouldn't have bought the one I have.
    The service printout alignment indicated a toe in after correction of, Left -0.07 and Right +0.08.
    If I'm thinking correct does this equate to a slight right toe?? The first alignment helped the PTTR problem but it still has a slight PTTR. Without power applied the CRV has just the slightest pull to the right but gets larger when I step on the gas.
    My question is, given the toe in values given above am I correct in thinking that this equates to a right toe? How is the positive and negative toe calculated to the centerline? What does positive and negative mean?
    I'd like to know what I'm talking about, and ask, before I go in for a second alignment this Wednesday.
    Thanks.
    George
  • Options
    suvshopper4suvshopper4 Member Posts: 1,110
    Best thing I can suggest is a second opinon - trying another Honda dealer's service department, if there is another within a reasonable distance.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    dtruong8dtruong8 Member Posts: 27
    I just took my 2002 cr-v to get an oil change, and the guy tells me that my differential is leaking. They gave me an estimate of about $250 to fix it but I told them that I'll think about it. I was just wondering, what can possibly cause a leak in the differential? Overheating? or maybe I need to change the dual pump fluid and I didnt yet? (car has 60,000 mi, so according to the forums, this is the time I need to change the fluids) Ran over something and damaged it? I'm thinking of taking the car to the dealer and paying the $50 deductible for the extended warranty claim if this is serious. Any opinions are appreciated!
  • Options
    tntitantntitan Member Posts: 306
    -.07 and +.08 may be within acceptable parameters according to Honda. If it is still PTTR I would not be afraid to ask them to set it up to 0.0.
  • Options
    You SHOULD NOT ever set the toe adjustment to 0.0. The negative numbers for the toe spec actually mean that the front wheels are toed OUT, and front-drive vehicles need their front wheels to be toed out to be stable. This allows the vehicle's forward motion to re-center the vehicle after a turn, an allow it to track straight without steering corrections. Rear-drive vehicles are toed IN for the same reason.

It IS interesting to see that the right front wheel is toed out more than the left. This would seem to pre-dispose the vehicle to PTTR. Now that we know Honda's specs have dialed that "feature" in, it's just a matter of deciding "how much"?

Also, just because there's a spec for caster doesn't mean there's an adjustment for it.
  • Options
    quarrybayquarrybay Member Posts: 2
    It's pouring today in NY, and I happend to run my fingers along the slot between the glass of the moonroof and the ceiling of my 2005 CR-V EX. I noticed a puddle at the front corners. At first I just blamed it on humidity, but when I felt water actually drip onto my finger at the corners of the glass edge, I knew I was mistaken. It's actually leaking. Does anybody have this problem as well?

Also since three weeks ago, the SRS malfunction indicator light (looks like a seated figure with a balloon in front of him) came on sporadically. This week, it's stayed on every time I start my car. The "Check Fuel Cap" message has been coming on as well. I've followed the owner's manual instructions about loosening the cap and then re-tightening it until I hear at least 3 clicks. However after three weeks it's still coming on. Miraculously when I brought my car to the dealer, it doesn't come on anymore. I've brought both issues (SRS & Fuel Cap) to the attention of the dealer anyway, and after waiting 5 hours, the mechanic diagnosed my car and had to order a new part for the SRS. The fuel cap message is gone, so he said to wait and see.

I only found out about the leaking moonroof after I left the dealer, so when I go in for the installation of the replacement part, I'll have them check it out. Just wanted to see what others have been experiencing...thanks.
  • Options
    armandarmand Member Posts: 178
    What Dealer made you wait 5 hours?
  • Options
    quarrybayquarrybay Member Posts: 2
    I went to Paragon Honda in Woodside, Queens. I arrived there an hour before they opened yesterday (Saturday), but the line was so long that my car was diagnosed five hours later. I didn't have to physically wait there, but the rain combined with subway re-routing made it hard to go anywhere.

I decided to go back today (Sunday) and let them know about the leak. I was fifth in line and received service within half an hour. The mechanic working on my car today was really nice, helpful, and informative. He explained that my CR-V has drains installed at the corners of the gutter, which is located between the moonroof glass and the ceiling of the car. Basically, where I felt water collecting yesterday was the gutter. They didn't design the moonroof to be completely waterproof and incorporated drains in the gutter to take care of any water seeping in through the weathering strip. He said that I would only be concerned if the drain gets clogged from things like leaves or seeds.

I would recommend going early to this dealer if you need service. Definitely don't want to wait five hours ever again. Sunday seems to be a good day to go. Check them for their hours, but they're opened seven days. I think I'm going to request/arrange for the same mechanic to install the replacement SRS sensor for me when the part comes in. Today's experience was such a stark contrast from yesterday's.
  • Options
    crvformecrvforme Member Posts: 3
    Lately I have been noticing a slight whinning noise comning from the engine compartment of my 2002 EX 4WD 5 spd. It is engine related as I hear it when revving the engine when car is not moving. It is not the tranny as it sounds the same with the clutch engage/disengage. Has anyone experience this? I bought the car used of course I don't recall hearing this when I bought it 2 months ago. Car has 70 km. Thanks.
  • Options
    coudiebugcoudiebug Member Posts: 26
    Pardon my ignorance, but this sounds like no way to run an airline ! Is it because of the weekend and no appt was scheduled ? The bad weather ? Or is this standard operating procedure? I would be crazed by the time I was able to speak with someone. There must be other dealers within a 30 mile radius that you could take you more serious concerns to...are you still under warranty?

If you're inclined, speak to the Service Manager and if that gets you no where, the General Manager or President of the dealership. I had some concerns with the length of time and repeated visits to my dealer but as soon as I went up the food chain, it stopped and things were fixed immediately. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but when I go in now, all the service advisors know and greet me by name. This ensures prompt, courteous service. And they do go out of their way to take care of me.

The other route is writing to American Honda and voicing your concern. These guys get graded on various consumer standings and they HATE anything negative to blow back to them.

Good luck....MCS
  • Options
    Hi - I've heard this in a car with an alternator that had a bearing going bad. Also possible that a belt is getting glazed - those make more of a squeaking sound that might sound like a whine, too. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    dutchman1dutchman1 Member Posts: 1
    Aloha Hawaiicrv,
    I'm also located in West Hawaii and have the PTTR problem with my 2WD LX bought at BI Honda at the beginning of the year. They said they never heard of the problem before. Mine changes lanes within 4 seconds, while Honda claims 6 seconds is allowable. Took some persistence to even convince the dealer that this was not just "in my imagination". Have had it aligned three times, changed the settings, rotated the tires etc. with no clear improvement. Next thing they want to do is to adjust the suspension.
  • Options
    Sir;
    I'm still somewhat confused at my toe in numbers and the actual normal position of the tires with respect to a centerline.
    If the L front has a value of -0.07 you noted that this left front tire is toed out slightly. The R front has a value of +0.08 which would mean that that tire is toed in toward the centerline. This does not seem to be consistent with my PTTR problem. It looks like it should pull toward the left???
    Can you straighten me out as to the actual toe each wheel exhibits with the values I gave?
    I'd like to be informed before my Wednesday appointment.
    Thanks.
    George
  • Options
    steve royalsteve royal Member Posts: 82
    dutchman,

Sorry to hear about your PTTR problem. I, also, went through all of the steps you mention without any correction of the problem. I strongly suggest that you lodge your complaint at NHTSA. If enough persons report the problem, NHTSA will take action as they did with the engine fires requiring Honda to change the design of their product. Let us know if Honda is able to permanently fix the problem with suspension adjustment. As a last resort, the Lemon Law in Hawaii is set up fairly well to allow new vehicle purchasers to have their vehicle problems addressed by a non-biased arbitrator. Steve
  • Options
    Since your car does pull to the right, I guess I have assumed that the + on the Right side means Positive Toe, or TOE Out; and the other side being - means that it's slightly Toe In. The net difference is +.01, which means a net total toe out. This is consistent with front-drive vehicles needing to have a net toe out.

I'm very interested as to what they'll do next. I just looked at Hunter Engineering's website - www.hunterengineering.com - they manufacture 4-wheel alignment systems. They propose that the rear alignment is crucial to which way the vehicle pulls. I believe them. You should have them give you the rear alignment specs as well, and do an adjustment there too.
  • Options
    hnjjzhnjjz Member Posts: 12
    Is the CRV prone to light scratching on the nose of the hood, just above and on either side of the H on the nose?

Mine is 4 mos old, and there are maybe 3 or 4 light vertical scratches there....curious, since my CRV does little highway driving, and stones or salt would have to be kicked up....

starting to suspect little hands picking at it as they go by....

Bob

I have a similar problem with my 2005 CR-V purchased in November 2004. There are several small paint chips on the hood of my CR-V. The biggest chip is about 1/3 the size of my pinky finger nail. Right now, they're not really noticeable if you don't look carefully, but I'm wondering if this means I'll eventually have problems with rust later on. Does anyone know if these chips are covered by the warranty and if there's anything that can be done to fix them up?
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Pardon my ignorance, but this sounds like no way to run an airline ! Is it because of the weekend and no appt was scheduled ? The bad weather ? Or is this standard operating procedure? I would be crazed by the time I was able to speak with someone. There must be other dealers within a 30 mile radius that you could take you more serious concerns to...are you still under warranty?

I used to go to Paragon too, when I lived in NYC. Their standard operating procedure was to schedule an appointment, but they service people on "first come, first serve" basis. If I had a 9 am appointment, I would be there at 7 am, second or third in line. One time I was first, and was out in 30 minutes. If you are 10th, then you are stuck there for good part of the morning.

They don't do any warranty work on weekends, only "paying" jobs. Needless to say, I stopped going there long time ago.
  • Options
    raysrraysr Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I just purchased my new 05 CRV EX AT. I noticed a small clicking sound in the dash when I slow down to a stop. I heard someone was talking about reverse lock-out solenoid, but don't know if that's true. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks, and by the way, I like this forum very much. I made my decision on CRV after following this discussion board for two months. You guys rock!

Ray
  • Options
    hawaiicrvhawaiicrv Member Posts: 9
    Aloha Dutchman1 -
    At this point, they have flat out lied to you. The service managers 
    who handled my car opened the techline case back in October. If 
    Big Island Honda is telling you they've never seen this problem, they are
    again lying. The general manager, sales manager and sales associate are all familiar with this case. My new car has been sitting on their lot since 2 days after I purchased it (October 21, 2004). They are doing the same thing to you that they did to me, and trust me they 
    CANNOT fix it. I have arbitration Wednesday and another member here 
    online (see recent discussions and I believe the member also mentioned filing with the NHTSA which is what I will be doing this week as well), is waiting for his 
    arbitration hearing date. I will be posting the results of my hearing, 
    as will the other member, as soon as we have them. Big Island Honda is a total 
    joke! And so is American Honda...they refuse to take care of the 
    situation and are letting you drive a dangerous car. Good luck! 
  • Options
    varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Yep, it's true. There is a solenoid (in the steering column?) which engages a lock on the reverse gear. If the car is quiet, you can hear the lil' bugger click over. Drives some folks nutty, others never hear it.
  • Options
    steve royalsteve royal Member Posts: 82
    hawaiicrv,

Good luck on your Wednesday arbitration. Don't forget to let us know how it goes. I left my name and e-mail with your attorney if you'd rather not give out too much info on this forum. At any rate, definitely let me know how it unfolds. Mahalo. Steve
  • Options
    kentwongkentwong Member Posts: 36
    Here is the third part. My cr-v still makes clunking noise from the right front-end when it turns left, after the new motor mount and strut had been installed. It is back to the shop for the same problem today. Hopeful the third time...
    I feel that my 02 cr-v lx could easily roll over in the lane change situation. I have noticed the strong tendency of rollover for a couple of times when I tried to change lane and back out from the action. It must be the high center gravity attribute of the vehicle or I've overcorrected it everytime. It also like to drift too due to the famouse PTTR or PTTL issue. I don't know the feel of those Ford Explorer that were prone to rollover, but I felt that my cr-v has the same tendency.
  • Options
    I've apprehended the suspect; she is five, blonde, curly-headed, and cute as a button. Here's how the bust went down:

While watching her rollerblade in the driveway, I asked: "young lady, where do you think these scratches on Honda Bob came from?"

The suspect: "Oh...you know how you pull Bob all the way to the end of the driveway so we can rollerblade real fast? Well, we go as fast as we can, and at the end we grab onto Bob to stop. Sometimes the plastic on our wristguards accidentally scratches."

I put the cuffs on her, and I haven't seen a new scratch since. Once I get the rest of the sibling gang, there shouldn't be any more problems.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about th clunking. Not going to address that, because I've got no experience with that. But the "tipping-over" feeling is something I do know about. My '99 was the same, and I made several changes that helped it tremendously.

1) Increase tire pressure. I recall the Honda spec as 28, I ended up with 33. Much better handling, an less tippiness and side-to-side sway.
    2) Get rid of the Bridgestone Duelers. They were the factory tire on mine, and they are weak. They are 205/70 R15, with a T speed rating. I got some P215/65 R15 Yokohama tires - a little lower profile, and less than 0.5% diameter difference. They're sold locally as their model 420, but elsewhere known as the H4 (slightly different specs on them). Much better handling, ride, and much quieter. This is the most important upgrade I made on the 'V while I had it.
    3) I also put the Neuspeed front Strut-Tower brace on mine. Made a difference in the front suspension stiffness, and it handled better as well. A little less tippy, too.

The air is free, or at least pretty cheap. Have fun, and don't forget that this an SUV after all - you can't corner like a Civic anymore.
  • Options
    Honda Bob ?
  • Options
    johnnyrfjohnnyrf Member Posts: 65
    I have noticed my 2003 CRV makes a loud grinding noise when wet upon initial braking. Example: I wash the car then pull it in to the garage and when I brake, there is a loud grinding noise. ANybody else notice this? :confuse:
  • Options
    Yes Coudiebug,'

The suspect in this case is the same young lady who named our 05 CRV "Honda Bob".

She talks to him too. One day, she pressed the remote/lock button two times and heard a "beep beep" from the garage. "Bob says there's no preschool today..too bad."

Bad choice of days. Dad said "Bob is playing an April fools joke on you".

How many PhD's in our household? Two.....but Bob is working on his...automotive engineering.
  • Options
    She sounds like my kind of gal...and pretty creative as well. I especially like the preschool remark...but watch her!

In addition to my '03 CRV, I have a "83 Le Baron convertible that I talk to and she talks back (though it's pretty deep)..it's one of those electronic voice things that tells me if the lights are on, doors are ajar, etc...so I understand that connection very well.

Maggie :)
  • Options
    theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    Honda Bob ?

Yes. Every car should have a name. Haven't you named yours?
  • Options
    thirdof4thirdof4 Member Posts: 28
    Yes, I get grinding from the brakes (especially when wet), popping and creaking when turning or going over rough spots and deafening road noise; a veritable symphony of vehicle noise! At only 12,900 miles (mine is a 2004) I expect a real assault on my tympanic membranes by 50,000 miles! I'm considering wearing earplugs when driving to preserve my hearing as my job depends on good auditory health (and I'm not kidding about that...). Other than the noise and wishing I got better gas mileage (Oh, concern about fires too), I really like the V.
  • Options
    I thought I'd never get this PTTR issue resolved but the Honda dealer finally fixed it. I did leave all the posts concerning PTTR on the front passenger seat when I arrived for my service appointment!!!
    I'll quote what the work order said then you can decipher what was actually done.

"Performed rotation of tires and road tested, did not help"
    "Tech called Tech line. They advised the dealer to rotate springs clock wise 10 degrees left to 115 and right 65." No, I didn't leave any words out this is what is on the work order.
    "Road tested feels OK now".
    I concur. After driving my CRV for two days now the vehicle no longer has the dreaded PTTR.
    I was told to drive it for two weeks and let them know if the problem is still there. I'm still use to my rear drive Explorer that I traded in and compared to that vehicle the steering on the CRV seems hard but I tribute that to front wheel drive.
  • Options
    camerausercamerauser Member Posts: 31
    re: Pull to the Right. Angle of spring seat on CRV 4wd, Subframe shift on other Hondas.
    I have not reviewed all posts on the subject for the CRV. Sorry if already posted..
    There was a Service Bulletin 03-004 for some CRV's.
    Try this:
    http://www.hondasuv.com/crv/viewtopic.php?t=444

Honda has released a new service bulletin 03-004 dated January 21, 2003 to address the pull to the right (PTTR) issue that a lot of CR-V owners complained about.

This bulletin is only specific for the following models:

2002 CR-V 4WD (auto) - All England produced (VIN begins with SHS)
    2003 CR-V 4WD EX (auto) - From VIN SHSRD788.3U100001 thru SHSRD78X.3U108790
    2003 CR-V 4WD LX (auto) - From VIN SHSRD788.3U100001 thru SHSRD78X.3U108913

Bulletin Name: Vehicle Drifts to the Right

Symptom: Vehicle pulls to the right while driving

Cause: Angle of the upper spring seat is incorrect

Corrective action: Realign the damper spring on the upper spring seat

This is about a 2 hour job and requires the skills from a trained Honda technician to perform the fix.

Some Accords and Odysseys also have a pulling problem which can be improved by shifting the subframe but I have found subframe shift service bulletins only on Accord and Odyssey. The CRV does have a subframe also, see the parts diagram at: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CR-V- &catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=5DR+LX+2WD%2FSIDE+SRS&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FRONT+SUB+FRAME-CROS- S+BEAM.
    Some think pull to one side is due to bending of the subframe during shipping so that no abnormal settings are seen when measuring wheel alignment.

Here is the service bulletin for sub frame shift for the 2003 Accord:
    http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=724

For the Odyssey:
    http://www.hondalac.com/service/Bulletins/x00-067e.pdf
    On the Odyssey, the bulletin explains that caster more positive on the right front wheel can reduce pull to the right.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    vertmontvertmont Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with my 2000 CRV since it has hit 80,000 miles. Did you ever find out the problem?
  • Options
    rhodyvrhodyv Member Posts: 16
    I have a new CRV and really love it so far. One thing I notice, however, is that it seems quite sensitive to crosswinds on the highway; I really feel that sideways push! I remember one review specifically said that they thought it was great that this car does NOT have this kind of sensitivity. I did not experience this to this degree with my Civic or Odyssey.

Do others experience this? Is this just an SUV/truck thing because of their stature? I can't see how it could be a symptom of a real problem, but could it?

Thanks
  • Options
    bigeauxbigeaux Member Posts: 46
    How much a crosswind pushes on your car is directly related to the size of the area the wind pushes on, as well as the drag coefficient of the area. Suffice to say that the CR-V has a lot more surface area to push on than the Civic, and it's more "wall-sided". Not sure how the area compares to the Odyssey. Other factors are weight, center of gravity, and suspension.
  • Options
    rhodyvrhodyv Member Posts: 16
    I'd have to say Odyssey has bigger surface area but its sides are more curved and it has a lower center of gravity.I'm only guessing that it is slightly heavier than a CR-V. I think the suspensions are very close to each other.