Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Comments

• Options
    niceg35niceg35 Member Posts: 6
    I will most likely be purchasing through the infinit dealership in San Jose, CA. I recently called them and asked them if I could possibley receive VPP on the 06' , the dealer said he'd get back to me once he spoke to the manager and and they did not get back to me????
  • Options
    jetta6ajetta6a Member Posts: 33
    Yeah good luck on getting VPP on 06 coupes at most dealerships, some dont even honor them on 05s. Try Grubbs in Dallas, if anyone would honor VPP it would be them. The FX has had the most changes than any Infiniti model, cept of course the M which is all new for 05.
  • Options
    jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    Well good for u guys, VPP n all, I didnt have the oppurtunity for that... still 06 model doesnt sound great, its gettin new rear lights n minor things that dont change the car much. Anyone know what the new lights look like? I dont know how infiniti would achieve a better look
  • Options
    4444444444 Member Posts: 8
    I traded my 2003 G35 coupe Ivory in for the 05' PKG's I put on are sport suspension,premium,aero$550,splash guards,trunk carpet. The difference between the 03' and 05' is as follow no cassette deck, seats do not automatically go back when put back down(very bad), no 12v on right, No willow color,(wheat is nice) and the cup holder breaks all the time those are the minuses.
    The plus 19" rims & tires, incredible handleing control sucking the road right out of your eyeballs, telescopic steering wheel, flat mounted mirror knob, and the best thing the dealerships are dealing on these cars. if they bought in Jan. and have them around they should have a sticker price of 37860 new one's are 38250 can save right there look around I found one at 37860 and walked out total 33500 now the state I live in cars are only taxed 3% that is better then most. Good Luck.
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    What the heck is VPP??? :confuse:
  • Options
    jcjacob21jcjacob21 Member Posts: 7
    VPP = vehicle purchase program.. mainly for Nissan employees and suppliers. All dealers I talked to honored the VPP on the 2005 coupe and I already have a dealer who will honor it on the 2006 coupe once they have them in stock. Any dealer who is feeding you the "we do not honor the VPP" is surely feeding you garbage.
  • Options
    jcjacob21jcjacob21 Member Posts: 7
    I will be puchasing mine in Orange County. Infiniti of Mission Viejo has been really straight forward about the VPP. The already gave me pricing on the 05 and now I'm waiting on the 06's to arrive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! :shades:
  • Options
    Yeah the pics of the new lights are on www.infinitinews.com
  • Options
    klei14klei14 Member Posts: 9
    i am considering purchasing an 05 G35, but do you think i should wait for the 06?
    will the dealer work on the price with an 06?
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Folks, this topic is intended for discussion of the features, attributes, owner experiences, etc. of the G35. If you'd like to talk about purchasing or pricing, please take it to the Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. The folks there aren't just talking about the prices they paid; they're also sharing advice on getting the best deals on 05s and 06s.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    redskins21redskins21 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what Infiniti did to change the clutch on the '05? The clutch is so much better on the '05 model year. I am doing an early term on my '04 lease (lease began 10/03) to get into an '05. My early term fee is only $2,100 and I am saving $45 a month on lease price over 36 months.

I was able to negotiate from sticker of $38,080 to $35,978. It seems like a good deal to me. My lease price went from $563 a month with $0 down to $518 a month with $0 down and the '04 car did not have the aero package.
  • Options
    It depends on which dealer, but you should get it somwhere below full msrp. How much? no idea, you just have to shop around. Earlier this year I bought a New Jetta a week after it hit the lots, but paid about a 1000 less than the msrp. Invoice pricing was unavailable then and I havent checked it after that.
  • Options
    area123area123 Member Posts: 22
    I have noticed a strange noise in my engine, usually only happens in the morning (or first time of the day I drive it). It sounds almost like a clutch is kicking in but it happens even w/ the ac is off, it is kind of a click and then a swooshing noise. After it is warm it doesn't happen anymore or even later in the day. I plan to take it to the dealer but not sure when I'll have time and wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem, maybe it's a normal sound. I don't recall when it started and it may have always been there but I didn't notice before.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    the first step. I actually visited a dealer today & picked up a couple of brochures (Sedan & Coupe), plus making sure I can fit into the coupe. The sedan doesn't fit into my future, as I need a fold-down seat to accomodate my bicycle.

What I'm looking for is a red manual (premium). The brochures show a really nice (non-metallic) red, while the actual colour choice page shows what looks like a metallic red.

I'm of the opinion that metallic colours are there to hide defects. I want pure colours, and it's difficult to find them. Interestingly enough (to me, at least), BMW still offers Electric Red. Mostly I don't like what the Huns (I'm one myself -- calm down Pat) offer in terms of reliability, but the colour does matter. Plus which, the BMW (3) will get far better fuel mileage.

I'm finally in the serious shopping mode, having driven my Lincoln LS (marketed falsely in '00) most of 90K miles. I'm an old-school Nissan fan -- bought a '73 240-Z & drove it off the lot to a 223K mile future.

I'm shopping the G35 manual coupe against the BMW 3, as well as a couple of other contenders, but the G is the baseline.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    I agree that color is important, you have to look at it every day. I think the red is not the best color, but it is nice and not metallic at all. I believe that the G35 looks best in black, and I am not a big fan of black cars, but I have to admitt the G35 coupe looks very hot in black. :P
  • Options
    Ooohhhweee of course the coupe looks best in black. Mines black on black wit 19's babeh! Got the 6MT of course and its the most fun a 19-yr old hispanic kid will have on the streets! Haha
  • Options
    mediaguy2mediaguy2 Member Posts: 38
    just leased the 2005 coupe with 6 speed manual. it's unclear to me whether that automatically includes the 19" wheels and sport suspension. can someone give me a quick answer because the only option pkg this black beauty has on then sticker is the premium pkg. thanks in advance!!!!
  • Options
    Haha man u didnt even check out your car before you leased?? YES the 19s come wit the 6MT, yours will be jus like mine! Black on black maybe, I hope youre not from SoCal_
  • Options
    no, i'm not that much of an idiot -- lol -- and thanks for your quick response! i just wanted to make certain that it was the WHOLE pkg as standard on the 6 speed and not just the wheels. i wish it had the black interior, but there were only two black 6 speeds left in my part of connecticut and both had the sand or tan or whatever the hell it is interior. i got it with the premium pkg for 33 and change.
  • Options
    wbr99wbr99 Member Posts: 51
    Let me start by saying

THIS CAR IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. :D

I've redlined my '05 G35 6MT twice in the past month. I hit 7500 RPM and kept it there for 5 seconds or so each time. Have i damaged the engine already ? If not, am I gonna blow up the engine or damage it, but doing it, even occasionally. Whats the time limit to keep the engine red-lining ? Also, outside of red-lining, whats the safest maximum RPM this car should be driven at in normal driving conditions ? Its a new car that doesn't have 1000 miles on it yet.
  • Options
    dmarcus48dmarcus48 Member Posts: 139
    Redlining an engine should not blow it up. The redline is a marker to show you where its safe to rev the engine up to. I've had many cars that were redlined at least on a daily basis and were fine for 100,000 miles. Just change the oil on schedule. Now, as far as redlining an engine with only 1000 miles on it, I don't know. Depends on the break in period. I would personally think its a little early to redline it frequently.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info dmarcus48. I'll be careful until i hit around 2k+ miles on it. i have 950 right now.
  • Options
    YEAH this car is sweet man, I love it, every single day! So how old are you? Im 19 and have redlined a few times, I know it will damage the engine tho', in the long run, youre running the engine a bit too hard, its a street car not a race car tho its fun being a street racer! Haha, oh and dont keep the rpm above 3,500 or 4000, above that is like downshifting too much (engine breaking) which is never good again in the long run.
  • Options

Mine needs some mods inside, anyone know about headrest screens cuz I really want those TVs in the back! Anyone get satellite radio outside the dealer? Fill me in, anyone know about Sony PSP? Maybe i could hook it up to the headrests!! Fill me in!
  • Options
    Sometimes I'm asked why I buy new cars, as opposed to off-lease or otherwise used cars a few years later. I keep cars a long time (cheapskate behaviour), so it's a valid question.

People who do stuff like this, then ask if it matters, are why.

When I buy a car with less than 10 (preferably 5) miles on it, I'm much more confident that those who have absolutely no regard for mechanical equipment (say, a wheelbarrow) haven't been allowed near it.
  • Options
    Oh dont get me wrong, the car is very fun but of course I take very good care of it. I will actually sell my car in about 2 or 2 1/2 yrs so it will be in absolutely fabulous condition, (and good milage like 20K or so) Ive only redline about twice and that was accidental. This car means a lot to me and it was a heavy investment but well worth, it is my prized possession yet one gets carried away cuz of its power and beauty, you know!
  • Options
    Oh. . .kay. . .

I'm sure you're taking excellent care of it. Just as you signal before every turn or lane change, every time, or park exactly in the middle of the marked space. . .or . . .whatever.

This is what I've learned to identify as the new demographic. I've removed a put-down thing in here about looking stuff up, but it's gone now, so everyone should be happier, though no less ignorant. If I were more straightforward, it'd be even more exciting, & I'd get even more of my posts sent into the interglactic bit bucket (credits to Kim).

Hot-rod people have a different point of view, particularly when they're working with cars that were originally aimed "differently."

Point being (yeah, there is one), take care of the machine & it'll take care of you (or the next poor sod who gets it). Golden rule, & all that.
  • Options
    According to the manual the break in period is 1200 miles where we're not supposed to cross 4000 RPM. Can someone explain why this is, and what'll happened if I didn't follow this.

Also this seems longer than other cars. I bought a 2004 Mazda 6 a while back and it said to take it easy for only the first 500 miles.

Having a 6MT it has been difficult for me to keep it under 4000 at all times, I'm already into 950 of the first 1200 miles and have followed this on and off (I'm being honest here). But I am gonna follow it from now on. Like i've said in my earlier post i've red-lined it twice.
  • Options
    So does anyone know about interior mods to the Coupe, read my previous post please! # 2090
  • Options
    i'd been looking at buying a 350z touring but passed on it because it just isn't practical -- you can't even carry a bag of groceries in the back. then i focued on the mini cooper s convertible -- even put down a $500 refundable deposit. then got qualms abou ut -- soooooo small in terms of safety and driving it on interstates etc. then i dropped by my local infiniti dealer because my wife wanted to look at the very cool looking fx35 suv to replace our toyota land cruiser whose lease was expiring, and there on the floor was the g35 -- everything the 350z has, but with an actual rear seat and a trunk coupe. on the lot they had one 6mt left in black with premium. got a great deal and it is the most amazing car. just love it. it makes driving fun again. and it gets everyone's eye. my only regret is that infiniti doesnt have the great yellow that nissan has. i guess i'll have tgo get that in the hummer h3 which i think will replace the toyota.
  • Options
    red_emronred_emron Member Posts: 10
    VPP pricing is great. My brother in NewYork works for a company that in the VPP program. A dealer in Atlanta mailed a notice about VPP. He(& I) had never heard of VPP. Turns out that my company is on the program. He got a Nissan, I am talking to them about a new 2006 G35 coupe. VPP is available on the 2006. The dealer in Atlanta( actually Duluth, Georgia a suburb) can tell you if your company is on the list.
  • Options
    realty_prorealty_pro Member Posts: 85
    I have noticed a strange noise in my engine, usually only happens in the morning (or first time of the day I drive it). It sounds almost like a clutch is kicking in but it happens even w/ the ac is off, it is kind of a click and then a swooshing noise.

It could be your ABS engaging. I had this same concern too until I learned that it was my ABS kicking in upon take off. It happens every morning at about 3-4 mph.
  • Options
    I've redlined my '05 G35 6MT twice in the past month. I hit 7500 RPM and kept it there for 5 seconds or so each time. Have i damaged the engine already ?

The G should have a "rev limit" sensor that doesn't allow engine ignition after a certain RPM-- hence a "rev limiter". You should be fine.
  • Options
    dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    I've had my fully loaded G35 coupe (brilliant silver w/ stone) for 9 days, and this car is the fastest car I've ever owned. Traded in a 2000 BMW 328CI and not a moment too soon. I had all kind of quality and reliability issues with the Bimmer.

The first day I drove it I kept pushing the gas pedal too hard. I've noticed that on German cars the gas pedal had to be pushed a little harder to get them going, but on Japanese cars just a gentle tap is all you need. I've had 4 German cars and 4 Japanese cars.

Sometimes I'd be driven and noticed that I'm passing by other cars, then I looked down and see that I'm doing 65mph in the city! This thing is like a speed magnet.
    The 19in rims do ride a little stiff, but I'll get use to it.

I test drove the 2003 when it first came out but disliked the gauges and fake aluminum treatment in it. I'm glad I waited for the change. Only thing I wished it had was memory seat. My wife and I keep taking turns driving the beast, so it's a pain trying to find the perfect position everytime. We couldn't wait for the 2006, because the Bimmer was beginning to give us trouble (the service engine soon light kept coming on and off and the car would sometimes cut off at stop lights).

I'll check back soon with another report.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info realty pro :)
  • Options
    ptpvtecptpvtec Member Posts: 4
    RECENT LETTER TO INFINITI:

Hello, I am very dissatisfied and concerned about a recent purchase I made of a 05 Infiniti G35 coupe in late April. I have been getting terrible gas mileage with this vehicle, and everytime I start the vehicle, I see that the gas fuel guage drops without even driving the vehicle. At first it was not of concern, I thought it was normal. After talking to other Infiniti owners, I realized I have a serious problem. My vehicle actually died on me TWICE on the road because the gauge was not reading properly. I recently went in for my first oil change and brought up the gas issue, and it was looked at. Turns out, the fuel sensor was "bad" and had to be replaced. The service advisor told me, there was a bulliten out for this problem as well. Why was I not aware of this bulliten? This whole time, for the past 6 months I have owned the car, it has been drinking gas and wasting gas and I was not even aware of it. How would I know this was not normal? Nonetheless, the car was kept overnight and supposedly fixed. I did research to see what exactly was the problem. I found the bulliten which states, " INFINITI G35 COUPE; MAIN FUEL LEVEL SENSOR AVAILABLE SEPARATELY, the main fuel sensor needs to be replaced for any reason" My first question is, what are the signs for this and what does Infiniti mean by "for any reason"? My vehicle for the past 4000 miles has failed to maintain or even come close to the 18/25mpg it is suppose to get. That is a major problem which someone will need to be responsible for. The sensor was replaced last week, and still the car is "DRINKING" gas and giving me poor gas mileage along with the needle falling down to empty like there is no tomorrow. I want to contact Infiniti Headquarters and bring this to their atten and write them a letter, I would like to know what steps I need to take. This is not the first problem I have had with this vehicle, and considering the rights I have with the Lemon Laws of AZ. Regards
  • Options
    murrowmurrow Member Posts: 72
    Just got my '05 G35C. Just wondering if anyone's run into window tinting trouble, since the windows automatically lower themselves slightly before closing the door? Has this caused anyone's film to detach? Thanks
  • Options
    Motor Trend clocked a 5.7 seconds 0-60 run for their 2003 G35 Coupe. How much faster is the 2005? Maybe 5.5, 5.6? What's funny is that the TL fans think that G35 is slower. LOL!

"Taking meticulous care to break the car in properly rewarded us with the fastest G35 Coupe we've tested: 5.7 seconds to 60, eclipsing the century mark for the first time with its 14.2-second, 100.5-mph quarter mile. Icing on the cake was its class-topping 67.6-mph slalom."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0501_verdict/
  • Options
    cdormcdorm Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any experience with a good wheel and tire package to replace the 19" rims on a G35 6MT for the Canadian winter?

For tires I'll probably go with LM 22's or 25's but I need a decent rim to mount them on. I like the look of the ASA AR1 but they have been told they are not available for the G35. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    markmx5markmx5 Member Posts: 1
    Just got our '05 G35 Coupe and have to say this is a "sweet" and very "intelligent" ride. Has to be the nicest car I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot of cars in my lifetime!!!).

I've noticed that in the driver seat, there is a sporadic noise, when you move around in the seat, go over a speed bump, etc. I thought it might have been that the bolts holding down the seat were loose, but no such luck. I'm taking the car to the dealer next week to see if maybe it's a loose spring, tensioner, etc.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their coupe? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Markmx5
  • Options
    itlooksgooditlooksgood Member Posts: 2
    infiniti just returned some of my money because of many problems I have had with this car (I used the lemon law)

p.s. check my post
  • Options
    dknetzdknetz Member Posts: 4
    I notice in most of the pictures I have seen of the '06 G35 coupe that the dash is still backlit in amber as in previous model years. The exception is a picture I see on infiniti.com which shows it in green. Does anyone know which color the 06 shipments will have or can it be set in the car itself?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    joeluc13joeluc13 Member Posts: 50
    Wow. Is it really that bad? I'm glad you got some of your money back. My cousin bought an 05 G65 a month ago and I hope he won't run into any serious problems. But after reading the posts about the G35, I'm beginning to get worried about his car.
  • Options
    321je321je Member Posts: 1
    I've had my G35MT Coupe approx. 2 months, and have developed a problem with my back that I'm attributing to the seat. Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with the seats and what they did about it. I may check into modifying the seat. Hate to sell the car, but I can't live with this. Thanks.
  • Options
    Im 19, havent had any previous back problems and this car is fine. Been in other forums and usually ppl wonder if the room is enough, as far as your back, have the seats checked out and if your back is fine, yeah try to modify it cuz its a hell of a vehicle_
  • Options
    murrowmurrow Member Posts: 72
    Just saw the press kit for the '06 G35C. The changes are subtle. The one obvious change is the rear spoiler, which I like MUCH better than the previous version. I made sure I bought my '05 without the spoiler, because I didn't like it. But I might have considered one with the '06 spoiler.
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, wbr99,

You might also want to check out the Future Vehicles Forum to see if someone's started a discussion about the 2007 GTR.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    Thanks for the info claires