Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Future Models

Comments

• LuzerLuzer Posts: 118
    If seats are your concern, think if you would ever need that space.

I removed my back seats about 6 times since 1999.
    Tumbled about 15 times max.
  • era5678era5678 Posts: 2
    I'm very anxiously awaiting the new Sienna. I've been wanting a van for a long time and hopefully my husband and I will agree now is the time. I'm wondering though, what are the new Sienna colors? Since this will be my first brand new car of any kind this is a very important issue! We're still debating between the Odyssey and the Sienna. We'll have to wait and see.
  • To all of the Toyota employees out here....

Any idea of the 04's Lease Residuals yet?
  • I have to admit that the Sienna is a little quieter than the Odyssey. But the features/prices of the Odyssey is still better than the Sienna.
    I called the local dealer and they will not give me any discounts for ordering the 2004 Sienna. In contrast, I got an offer for $2,000 off MSRP on a 2003 Odyssey.
    In my opinion, I think they should have used a chrome grill on the Sienna like the one for the Avalon. Also, the dash display looks a little cheap. Again I think they should have made it look more sedan-like for the dash.

But the bottom line is pricing vs. features.
    These are mini-vans, not exactly for showing off.
    I think if you are into just the basics, then the Sienna is a winner- CE for about $23,500 compared to $24K Plus for the Odyssey LX, unless again you get a better discount for the Odyssey. If you got $2K off on the Odyssey LX, well then its $22K Plus, which would be a deal.
  • grimlocgrimloc Posts: 7
    Let me preface by saying, "I know I'm about to get flamed for this....." I'll take the heat.

I'm getting tired of hearing people remind us that THIS IS JUST A MINIVAN! True yes, but stop trying to convince yourselves that the new 04 Sienna isn't worth getting excited, and for some, obsessed over. I would agree, if your personal ego is directly related to the length of your gear shifter, the Sienna probably isn't your thing. For some of us here, it's finally the vehicle we've been waiting for. And if it's JUST A MINIVAN, maybe you can spend your time elsewhere.
  • Hey, hey, Minivans have feelings also. Lots of things are taken into account when you buy one. Track records show Honda and Toyota are the best.

So leave my Minivan mentality alone.
  • Point well taken, grimloc.
    Actually, I wanted a Sequoia, but they did not offer the Navigation system and my wife hates SUV.
    After owning a Corolla, Camry, Avalon, and then a Lexus LS400, I was initially aiming for the Sienna. The 2003 model did not even offer Navigation system so I was excited that the 2004 model offered it. But finding out that you have to spend about $35-36K for a Sienna with Navigation system, I was disappointed. I was even more disappointed when these local dealers would not offer me any discounts. I guess each of us have certain expectations and standards for everything. I would pay $36K for a Sequoia, but not for a Sienna or any minivan.
    My written expressions here are my opinions only so I don't mean to offend anyone.
    I was just curious to know if anyone else feels the same about the pricing of the new Sienna. My opinion is that if you want just the strip down model, then the Sienna is a good deal. But then if you want certain things, like Navigation, but not certain things (like DVD RES, 17" Wheels, 10 Speakers) then you just may get frustrated that Toyota doesn't even offer a more basic van with Navigation instead of making you buy everything else just to get navigation.
    Apparently, I enjoy reading comments from people like grimloc and bearpamplin. That's why I spend some time here.
    I do like to hear more about how everyone really feels about the 2004 Sienna after knowing the prices, discounts or lack of, exterior looks and interior looks.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Toyota offers great vehicles at a great price until Toyota over priced options are added. (Extra Value Packages in pre- 04 Siennas a notable exception). All of my Toyotas were rather basic without the expensive options.
  • steveb84steveb84 Posts: 187
    Toyota doesn't use specific percentages, but a grid based on base MSRP and then the option packages. Our first arrival is an 5346 XLE with FE GJ .

Use the following as a guide - not hard fact.

Total MSRP $35,315 Base MSRP $28,260

Low (12k/yr) Std (15k/yr)

24 month ------ 17,804

36 month 17,521 16,956

48 month 15,260 14,695

60 month 13,282 12,717

Colors:

056 - Natural White
    071 - Arctic Frost Pearl (XLE only)
    1D7 - Silver Shadow Pearl
    1E3 - Phantom Gray Pearl
    3Q3 - Salsa Red Pearl
    4Q2 - Desert Sand Mica
    6S7 - Aspen Green Pearl
    8Q0 - Stratosphere Mica
    8R5 - Blue Mirage Metallic

All of the colors except Arctic Frost & Blue Mirage are existing Toyota colors. Most are on the Camry and other models.

Steve
  • newcar35newcar35 Posts: 48
    You can see the blue mirage on the van pictured at www.chicagoautoshow.com. click on new for 2003, then production vehicles, then the Sienna.
  • Why didn't you get the Sequoia? Wife hates SUVs?!!?! That thing rules. Very awesome machine. I would tell my wife (I'm not married) drive it. But 90-95% of car sales involve a female decision making process. Women buy cars not men.

Problem with most base model Toyotas is you don't get much, let alone what you want and end up paying for what you don't want also.
  • overtime1overtime1 Posts: 134
    Are there any '04s currently at dealerships for evaluation and test drive? My wife and I currently have an order in on a Volvo XC90 but we want to check out the Sienna before making our final decision.

Can I check one out now? or do I have to wait until the 15th?

OT
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    with respect to Toyota's pricing.
    I think its great that Toyota makes lots of options and packages available. In particular, this 2004 Sienna offers alot of possibility with respect to packages.

A decently equipped LE with dual sliders and VSC/side curtains is about $27,000- a very fair sticker if you ask me. Sure if you want more, you will have to pay more, but loaded to the gills, with AWD, NAV, leather etc, and XLE Limited at 40K is still 5K less than a similarly equipped RX330, which is smaller.

It continues to amaze me that many, many families would choose the RX simply for its status, even when their needs are more closely matched by a minivan.

~alpha
  • sbelfieldsbelfield Posts: 41
    You are dead on by stating that many families purchase SUVs for status even when their needs are more closely matched by a minivan.

Well, I say let them continue. If everyone wanted a minivan, the demand would be high and thus prices would be even higher. I'm happy to be in the minority and pay less for more!

'03 Sienna Symphony edition here and loving it!
  • zorglubzorglub Posts: 79
    I am hoping to get a new car at the end of this year (economy and other mundane things permitting). So far, I was quite interested in the Pilot (and still am), but then I learned that the new Sienna will get AWD, and that's a must have feature for us.

Anyway, I went on Toyota website, and I saw that the AWD models are about $6-7K more than their 2WD counterparts. What gives? Do the AWD models come fully loaded with a bunch of options?

Thanks for the explanations.
  • danhirschdanhirsch Posts: 20
    I am a five time Toyota owner - a 1986 Camry (bought used), a 1992 Corolla DX, a 1994 Tercel DX(for the wife), a 1998 Sienna XLE and a 2001 Camry LE, and I can state with equivication that no matter which version you get, you can get a good value. My 1992 Corolla was a great little car, it cost under $9k, I used it for almost 10 years, over 120k miles and sold it for $3500. I see the car at the train station every day and the new owner still waves at me and smiles....

The Tercel was terribly underpowered but what did we expect for the amount we paid for it - less even than the Corolla and we still got back $5000 when we traded it in for the Sienna.

The Sienna has been a great bus for the family, although I have always found the rear storage area to be too small - it looks like this was fixed in 2004. It is comfortable in every seat and easy to drive. We bought it for well under MSRP (over 2k less) in Hillside, NJ even though it was a new model. We picked one of the vans that was "on the lot" two days after Xmas and right before the new year - I had the choice between the one we got with cloth and no moonroof and a Maroon one with leather and a moonroof (oohs and ahhs) and picked the lower priced one, but have always felt that we got a great deal and have never regretted it. I am somewhat envious of my sister-in-law's 2001 Sienna with JBL speakers, moonroof, video screen and leather, but never thought it was worth the extra money that they paid, although the engine has always seemed a little stronger and the transmission smoother.

We are ready for the 2004 but I refuse to pay MSRP. I have no problem going to the 6+ dealers in central NJ and saying - this is what I am paying over invoice, and I will buy from the first dealer that gives me that deal minus the KBB value on the trade in. Eventually when the avid customers stop calling and they have a car on the lot they will give me a call - it has always happened that way, and it really works, at least where there is competition.

Anyways - my family spends a lot of time in the Sienna and therefore, it is not "just a minivan" -it is a place where my family spends a lot of time in, and should be comfortable, reliable and safe for that reason alone.
  • You have to remember you have a van vs. SUV there. Also the Pilot will have a little different ride vs. the van. So you really need to look at price then. Both vehicles will sell for sticker. So it shoule be an equal playing field on price and dealing.

Have fun, both are outstanding vehicles and you can't go wrong with either one.
  • harryfatharryfat Posts: 132
    Alpha01,

You said that a "decently equipped LE with dual sliders and VSC" is reasonably priced at $27K. From what I have seen, the 04 LE options packages only has 1 power sliding door.

I thought you had to upgrade to a XLE to get dual power sliders. I know the 03 had dual power sliders for LE, but I didn't see it on the 04 options. Can you point out where you saw the dual power slider option on the LE? Thanks.
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info on the residuals-Is that pricing guide that you gave on base or with options mentioned.

thanks again!
    Hether
  • overtime1overtime1 Posts: 134
    Someone has to know if we can look at this car now or if we have to wait until the 15th...

OT