Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    BMW's cheapest sedan competes with the TL, not TSX. The Lexus IS250 beats the mileage of the TSX despite having a V6.
    The TSX is priced closer to a V6 Camry or Accord that get about the same mpg with bigger, more powerful engines and more cabin space. The Saab 9-3 four cylinder sedan gets about the same mileage

Nothing amazingly good about the TSX mileage with a 4 cylinder, though some cars are worse.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Thank you.

As I said before, I stand corrected.

I'll try to be more careful in the future.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    stanz4stanz4 Member Posts: 4
    i just don't understand how you can get 32.9 mpg at that speed. My 08 TSX is turning +/- 3500 rpm and getting about 27 mpg... what do you know that we don't. the max on the window sticker is 33mpg and they do not test it at 80 mph. Anyone else getting 33 mpg?
  • Options
    Just picked up a 2008 non Navi 6spd. Royal Blue /parchment. Lease 3yr/10,000miles/yr.
    1500 cap cost + first month= total cash out of pocket $2000 + $288 month+tax..money factor was around 2% with residual of $16,7..., I don't have it right in front of me.. actual selling price was $27,000. I found 6 spd very difficult to find in south Florida. also difficult to avoid dealers fees without lots of effort.

I did not purchase at Rick Case Acura who had what i wanted near my home but instead went to Scanlon Acura in Ft. Meyers.. NO DEALER fee and reasonable, to me, price wise. It seems dealer price is really a function of national location,local economy.
  • Options
    that's too much mine was 2k total out of pocket including everything . that's also includes 1st month's payment . $288 month + tax/10,000miles. for 12k/yr. was $20/ month more , 15k shouln't be THAT much more.
  • Options
    loi177loi177 Member Posts: 10
    here my numbers 5AT 2006
    2000rpm 60mph
    2500rpm 70mph
    2750rpm 80mph
    3000 rpm 90mph
    3500rpm 100mph
    i got 33.5mpg on N 280 at 80mph. but there was downword slope in some places so there was coasting involved. 33mpg is not big deal for TSX if u drive more than 20 minutes on freeway in speeds between 60 to 80mph.
  • Options
    jpljpl Member Posts: 36
    Hi: Looking for advice on 08 TSX w/Navi, after 09's come on market. Any idea on how much the 08's drop?

Thanks in advance!!!

jpl, NY (Long Island)
  • Options
    A lot of it has to do with long stretches of highway driving that get the oil temp up all the way. Years ago, when I had a sump-mounted oil temp gauge that I added to my MGB, I learned that it took most of an hour to get the oil temp stabilized, and longer than that when it was really cold out. Also, there was quite a bit of really curvy stuff that kept the speed down in some places yesterday. I hit high speeds occasionally, but certainly not all day.

Also, I discovered the car computer appears optimistic. When I compared what the car thought I was getting for a tank of gas yesterday (33.1 mpg) to the actual numbers (12.33 gallons in 380 miles), I got 30.8 mpg, which is still no slouch but ~7% lower.

Manual transmission may help too, though the EPA numbers say no. Of course, according to the EPA I shouldn't be getting anything like what I am. Could be the new EPA program assumes more aggressive acceleration or whatever, which I wasn't doing much of either.
  • Options
    thank you for providing the rpm's, it would seem that the 6spd has a different final drive than your car. My number are very different at the speeds you mentioned. this would acct for differrent mpg, i'm really surprised by this difference.
  • Options
    stipmomstipmom Member Posts: 16
    My daughter wanted black on black. First we went to AcuraofOcean in NJ where we had purchased before.They didn't have any in stock and would not bother to look for one without an additional$400-ontop of a price that was not even competitive. I give alot of credit to Bill Vincents Acura in Sommerville. The internet manager there tried to get the car for two days but none was around in NY or NJ. We then switched to the DC area since the car was going to be registered in Maryland anyway. Chevy Chase acura swore up and down that they had one in stock. Gave them a$500 deposit and got a vin number. I kept on asking him if he was sure they had one since the website did not seem to show any and he said they did. At 6:30 p.m. on Sat. he sent me the cost breakdown as my daughter's fiancee was going to pick it up on Monday.Monday morning he calls to see the car and suddenly it was sold Sat.nite. Since his email to me was after 6 I doubt that was the case.I then contacted Tischer Acura in Laurel Md who had also had the car on Sat. and asked him if it was still available.He said it definately was so I gave him a $500 deposit with again intending to pick up the car that night. Two hours later we get a call-the car supposedly had been sold late Sat. Shouldn't he have known that before he was willing to take my mone?.We did finally locate the car atRadleyAcura inVa for$26000incdestination.They were very easy to deal with.If I ever need another Acura I'd go to Bill Vincents Acura or Radleys.
  • Options
    kjnormankjnorman Member Posts: 243
    I have had my car for about a week now and have about 360 miles on it. The first week of driving returned about 24mpg on the trip computer but that involved a lot to Chicago suburban rush hour driving and some idling while playing with the car and warming it up on cold mornings. So I figured that was reasonable. It was about 1mpg more than my 96000mile Audi 1.8T would produce.

However the mileage is so conditional on the state you drive and how warm the engine is. This morning after the engine was already warm (about half way into my commute) I filled up with gas and reset the MPG on the display. I then had some suburban 4 lane roads to drive on before hitting the freeway. The freeway was initially stop/start but then picked up to a more steady 55mph. I noticed that the average MPG increased and peaked at 40MPG in this steady state driving. Then turning off the freeway, I burned gas on some other minor roads before parking at work. That last bit reduced my average back down to 36MPG.

So for the 10 miles I did after I filled her up, I average 36 this morning. That's incredible! It won't stay that high and I would expect it to drop back below 30 to the high 20s on the drive home but I will monitor that and record it in a spreadsheet. It will be interesting to see if it improves with engine break-in.
  • Options
    smccreadysmccready Member Posts: 10
    I've been going back and forth with some of the dealers in and around Sacramento, CA, and the best price I've been offered so far is $25,880 + fees for a non-NAVI TSX. Seems pretty competitive from what I've seen on here - any input?

Stock seems hit and miss around here. Of the two closest dealers, one still has over 20 TSX's in stock, the other is down to 8, only 1 non-NAVI. Other dealers within 100 miles have anywhere from 2 to about 15. I'm not in a position where I really need to buy, so I'm hanging out a bit and waiting to see if there's any price shift that happens once the '09s are officially in showrooms - I think if I could get one for $25k with the 2.9% financing, I'd probably bite.
  • Options
    dealboydealboy Member Posts: 7
    Here's a deal one of my friends got on a Acura TSX 2008 last month:

Invoice: 28353
    MSRP: 31005
    MF: 0.0014
    Residual: 56% of MSRP
    Down: 3180
    Monthly payment: 350/month
    Term: 36mo., 12K miles

He qualified for Tier 2 since he did not have much history, only about a couple of years.

What do you think guys - Good deal or not? How does the monthly payment look? Good?

I am posting this one for him
  • Options
    massimo1massimo1 Member Posts: 9
    Bought a 2008 black on black TSX, base, no NAV. $25880.
    Great internet buy through Stevens Creek Acura in Santa Clara, CA.
  • Options
    abhiutdabhiutd Member Posts: 44
    Hi!
    I was not able to find an appropriate place to put up a financing question so please excuse me. Okay so i bought my TSX in aug 2006 with 4.9% from honda financing for 5 years. Do i have a chance of getting a lower interest rate if i choose to refinance my car? I am in central NJ.
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Current market interest rates are still a little above 5% on a new car.... and for a used car (which is what you have), it would be even higher..

I don't think you'll be able to save any money by refinancing.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    massimo1 - nice deal, it looks like that's the bottom price for dealerships in northern CA. I've got two dealerships willing to do that price. Now it's just a question of whether I want to pull the trigger and finding the right color combo.
  • Options
    SMccready: like you I thought I'd wait until the 2009 TSXs come out but I could not bear not to get the color I wanted. I plan to keep this car to at least 150,000 miles.Would have taken exterior in black or royal blue, (liked pearl green a lot but parchment interior does not suit me). This was the last black non Nav base that they had, so I felt some urgency. They had a red and a gray too I think. Other Acura dealers in the SF Bay Area either did not have what I wanted, did not have the low price or have such a poor internet sales department that they don't even answer emails or phone calls.
    And you know what? I LOVE this little TSX driving bullet! Besides all the features you all know about, it has GREAT VISIBILITY. Important to me for safety.

Good luck to you, let us know what color and price you get.

Viva TSX!
  • Options
    massimo1: Seems like just about everyone who gets a TSX really loves it. Stock is starting to dwindle at the dealers I've been talking to, and it looks like I'll have to jump in the next few days if I'm going to. I still know of a few new TSXs in the area that would work as far as color combo goes, but not many. I like the green as well, but I don't think there are any left. My #1 choice would be the Glacier Blue, but I don't think I'm going to find one of those, either. White, Silver or Carbon would all be OK, w/non-ebony interior. We'll see what happens ...
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm now the official owner of a 2008 TSX, Carbon Gray/Quartz. :D I did the deal with Niello Acura in Sacramento, and it was both quick and smooth. We'd negotiated the price ($25,880 plus tax & fees - non-NAVI) via e-mail, and I was in and out in about 90 minutes. They've been pleasant to deal with from start to finish - no pressure, attentive, etc. Even the F&I guy was pretty low key, no real pressure on the add-ons. I did go for the clear bra after they knocked the price down close enough to what it would cost me to have it done elsewhere. I got a very reasonable price on my trade-in as well.

I saw a couple of '09s when I was at the dealer - and while I think they will grow on me, I don't think I'm ever going to like that grille.

Ok, off to enjoy the new car ...
  • Options
    "Ok, off to enjoy the new car ... "

As I'm sure you will. I've had mine for a couple of months now, and just got back a week ago from a 2K mile drive around the Sierra (death valley, CA49, etc) -- wonderful.

You certainly got a better price than I did. I wanted a specific colour combination (red ext/black int) with no nav & a manual. There was only one that could be found in my end of the country.

I got the car I wanted and will be driving it for several years. It's all good.
  • Options
    I'd love to take it on a long road trip like that, but it probably won't happen for a while. I'm hoping to get it up into the foothills within the next couple of weeks, though. Took it cruising around town today and enjoyed it quite a bit. Huge improvement over my '02 PT Cruiser in just about every way ...
  • Options
    mlt055120mlt055120 Member Posts: 2
    I recentley traded in my 2001 Honda Accord EX, with 116,000 miles and needing a new timing belt, for $4000. I put $2000 down on a 2008 TSK/w Navi, with a quoted price of $29250. I am paying about $4 more a month than what I payed for my Accord.
  • Options
    mlt055120mlt055120 Member Posts: 2
    P.S. I love this car.
  • Options
    kjhighballkjhighball Member Posts: 10
    I purchased a new 2008 TSX base model on 4/25/08 for $26,400 plus TTL in the Dallas area. No add-ons in that price.

I got the 2.9% promotional financing though AHFC for 60 months.
  • Options
    ruffyruffy Member Posts: 3
    Congrats on the purchase! I too negotiated my purchase completely over email, although I'm thinking you did even better than me ($28700 Navi w/ $750 incl. for tint & rear spoiler) plus TTL. Looks like I paid an extra $2K for Navi - not sure it was worth it really, but it's nice. I got mine at the end of Feb. here in the San Diego area so the '09 wasn't on the lot yet to tempt me.

Enjoy the car!
  • Options
    The navi system is nice, and I'd given some thought to going that route, but ultimately decided to pass on it. If they'd had a navi model in a color I liked better, that might have compelled me.

I'm still a bit amazed at how easy the whole transaction was. Very impressed with the whole thing.
  • Options
    jfooljfool Member Posts: 15
    ;) With the arrival of 2009', plenty of 2008 in stock (Northeast) + gas prices @$4/g = deep discounts ;)
  • Options
    sugaree1sugaree1 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I picked up my new Acura, I'm a little concerned, it's a bit shaky when it idles (much more then my 1998 Civic I just traded in). The salesmen said they're all like that, but it only does that when it's standing still (stupid response). Aside from that I love it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Will this go away after it's broken in a bit???

Also, it's a little bit of a rough ride in the city. Tire pressure is currently 38-39, should I lower this to 32 or so?
  • Options
    ruffyruffy Member Posts: 3
    First, yes your tire pressure is pretty high - mine are at 32-33. See if that helps.

Second, I've had my Acura for two months and I would say the shaking is NOT normal - at least I haven't experienced any shaking at idle. The salesman is there to soothe you - have the service department look at it, or ask if you can sit in their other Acuras, start them, and see if "they all do that". - Be sure to have your salesman take you around, if you decide to do that!
  • Options
    nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Member Posts: 811
    My 06 6MT does not shake when it idles-your tire pressure is too high-lower it-
    My tsx ,bought new 11/17/06, has almost 45,000 problem-free miles- love it.
  • Options
    Has anyone purchased a 2009 for under MSRP yet? Have you seen more than one or two 2009s on the dealer lots yet?
  • Options
    rick2carrick2car Member Posts: 2
    Ok, I'm now yet another official owner of the '08 TSX base model, arctic blue/quartz. $25,100 plus tax/fees, $27480 OTD. I'm in the SF bay area.

While I'm happy about the price, it seems that the 0.9% APR deal is gone. The dealer offers me 4.25% APR and says it is the lowest they can offer. :(

Comments?
  • Options
    lusitanolusitano Member Posts: 3
    Great Price! :)
    I live in the Bay Area and I was wondering where did you get that price?

Thanks
  • Options
    Though the price is excellent - the financing is not - Acura has to move 2008', so there is marketing support across the board. This is the first time that this has happened (AFAIK) in the history of TSX, but without decent APR, the deal is not more attractive than before.
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Huh? The TSX has had all kinds of rebates and deals in the past - strangely enough it has fewer deals now when it's going out than say, last year when there was cash back.
  • Options
    I don't understand either...the new 2009 TSX is basically an accord, and a comparable accord is cheaper than the old 2008 TSX. What is Acura thinking?
  • Options
    When you figure all this out, please, keep this forum posted.... I give up...And who said that Acura was ever thinking?..LOL
  • Options
    rjcarterrjcarter Member Posts: 2
    My wife's car had her AC go out. We were hoping the car would last us longer. 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Well, question I have here is... Would negotiating for two cars at the same time help the chances of getting a better deal? I have an '06 TSX that is being purchased. She's got her Jeep for a trade-in. I am the gadget freak here and I like what I see on the '09 feature wise. Does it have memory mirrors, like it does for the seats??

Anyway, if we both went to leasing... I could potentially get two cars for just a couple of hundred dollars more than what I am paying for my one car? She would be interested in an '08 RDX and I the '09 TSX. Or would I be better of just do two separate deals?
  • Options
    cjmx3ccjmx3c Member Posts: 1
    Well I can't speak to your specific situation, but from a business stand point leasing cars makes little sense. You pay a lot of money without ever owning the vehicle, thus never gaining an asset. Obviously automobiles are never a good investment, but at lease with purchasing a car you could put something on the balance sheet other then the expense. If you do decided to lease, figure out the first deal not mentioning the second. Then, once the first deal is complete fallow up with "so what will you do if we add a second". That’s what I would do...It worked very well at the Lexus dealer a few years back when doing a deal with two cars, and two trade-ins.

Now talking about the 09 TSX itself well, in one word...it’s fantastic. I just test drove the car last weekend as I am in the market of one myself. You are correct the TSX does have memory seats but, no the mirrors are not included that. BUT, it rides well, is very quiet, and has loads of features. It was extremely impressive and a good buy for the money.

In response to the last post from lusitano, the Accord and the TSX are by no means the same car. In fact the TSX runs on a platform similar to the Civic and the Accord is twice the size at the TSX (exaggeration, but it is ALOT bigger car). The TSX has better fit and finish, better standard features, a better Nav system, and TSX has handling the Accord can’t match and to even compare the two is obtuse at best. My assessment of the comment might be harsh, but besides the fact that the colors are close to the same, the two are incomparable.

Best of luck...
  • Options
    Nice sales pitch.:blush:
  • Options
    Does anybody know the APR from Honda/Acura (AHFC Financing) on 2008-9 TSX for 36-48months? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    I've been offered a sales price of $26,500 to buy a 2008 TSX automatic with NAV. Any thoughts on the price?

I may choose to go the leasing route.

Does anyone know what the residual rate would be for 36 and 42 months?
    Any current info on money factor rates? I should be able to get the best rate.

Does Acura have a loyalty program? I would be trading in an MDX.

Thanks
  • Options
    $26,500 sounds pretty good for an '08 NAVI. I got my non-navi for $25,880 a few weeks ago and don't know of anyone getting a cheaper price.
  • Options
    $26,500 for TSX w/ NAV? Where do you live?
  • Options
    gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    South Florida. I have a connection and I asked what's the best they can do. They told me with the $1,500 rebate 26,500 to 27,000.
  • Options
    biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    That's about right if they're selling the car around invoice minus the 1500 rebate. I'm surprised Acura started the rebate so late (5/1) and it'll last so long (7/7). Acura must be stuck with a lot of 08s. Like all other deals separate the TSX buy from the trade in.
  • Options
    Is the $1500 rebate replacing a different incentive or would you really be able to get a street price $1500 less on 5/1 than on 4/30?
    I only see info on the 2009 TSX on the Acura website.

I assume $26500 is including the rebate, so the price would really be $28,000 plus sales tax, then you get the $1500 rebate after that. Sales tax applies to the pre-rebate price.

If the rebate applies to my area and insurance isn't too much, I'll consider it. I hadn't bothered to test drive a TSX earlier because it was more money than I wanted to spend.
  • Options
    As I understand, the rebate is not a cash rebate: it is manufacturer to dealer incentive, which dealers would like to keep, but according to the price of $26500 for the navi model the dealer is pricing the rebate in + $500 off the invoice - not a bad deal.

That means that the base 2008 with no navi should go for under 25K ($1000 incentive is for the base model), since it is selling most places for $25.8 and lower... minus $1000...