Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Maintenance and Repair

1161718192022»

Comments

• nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    Since you have taken the car to the dealership for all the maitenance, there will be a better chance of having it covered under goodwill. Did the dealer determine what the cause of the problem. I have heard of rocks hitting some part causing the a/c to stop working (not sure of which). Hoping my 06 tsx keeps going problem free. It will be 5 years old on Nov. 17th and now has 127,000 miles. I also have all the service done by a acura dealer. Love it.
  • astropupastropup Posts: 10
    I'm looking for a new car and these forums have been very helpful, especially to get a feel for problems that might occur with various vehicles. But, it's often hard to tell if some cars are really problematic, or if it's just that bad news that gets broadcast here. So, in the interest of balance, here's my report on my 2007 TSX. I bought it new in 07 and it has not given me a single problem in 65000 miles of ownership. It's been the most trouble free car that I've owned.

I'm not too jazzed about Acura's current offerings, but after reading the horror stories in the Audi and BMW forums, I'm reconsidering as my TSX has been more reliable than a pair of scissors.
    I agree-Own a 06 Tsx, bought new 11/17/06. I have all the service done by a acura dealer. It now has 138,000+ problem free miles. It will soon need its 1st brake pad replacement.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,305
    My '08 TSX has about 61K miles on it, and the only thing I've had to do to it is replace the battery and have collision damage fixed from having hit a coyote on the freeway.

Everything works & has all along.
  • fredlangfredlang Posts: 2
    I have a 2009 Acura TSX -- and for the past 3 years I have been filling up with 87 octane. I didn't realize until now that the TSX should have higher octane.

Does anyone know if this could cause engine issues?
    Is higher octane REQUIRED or RECOMMENDED ? and whats the difference?

should i sell this car now (if i can get a fair price) or will the car hold its value even if I used different gas?

and, if its okay to use 87 and cause no harm to the car....why would i use higher, and is it worth it?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help with this complex question!!
    From personal experience- own a 06 tsx, bought new 11/17/06. I have all the service done by acura dealers. I get compliments on how my car is maintained and looks. I average over 30mpg. Car still has original brakes, runs excellent with almost 139,000 miles. I use 87 octane. 91 or higher is recommended not required
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    You would use 91 octane to get the full performance from the vehicle (car likely won't make the rated 201HP on regular). Also, some folks have gotten slightly better mileage using premium - as always YMMV. :shades:
  • brittlizbrittliz Posts: 2
    I have an Acura TSX 06 and for the past three summers on hot days my vehicle acts strange. I am in sales so I drive around to customers offices 6 to 8 hours a day. In the summer, on hot days, sometimes i sit in my car and take cae o customer calls, emails, etc for anywhere between 10-40 minutes. I leave my car running bc its hot andhumid outside. I turn my car off, go into my clients business for 10-40 min. and when I come out to start my vehicle sometimes I have no problems and sometimes my car chuggs and souns like it is trying to start and the dies. I will sometimes have good luck and can give it some gas and it starts running again to at least make it to the next stop. Othertimes, I try t give it gas and it will slowly start and I can drive a few feet and the engine will die. But this past week, I tried to start the car and give it gas several times and it was never able to start. I ended up toeing it to my Acura dealership and once we had it in the parking lot I tried to start it up and it started fine. VERY FRUSTRATING! This is the second tim I have had it toed to Acura. Last summer they had my car for a week and they said they could not find a thing wrong with it. The battery is new, I have never missed a maintenance seervice call since I have had the vehicle. Any ideas what this could be? Anyone else had similar problems and figured out the issue?
  • mjoshimjoshi Posts: 34
    Based upon age of vehicle and what you are describing, I think you start with looking at battery first. It might be time to get new one.
  • delekodeleko Posts: 20
    This may sound overly simplistic, but since you mentioned sitting with AC on... I was advised to turn AC off prior to starting the engine because it's a big strain on the battery. So might try turning off AC and see if that helps. I was doing the same thing.
  • Ask Acura to do a Load test on your battery. I've noticed my car was slow to crank I.e. turn over on hot or cold days. All other battery tests that were done at the dealership passed with out issue. However the Load test for me failed. Replacement battery was given and now my car start up with no delay.
  • Folks,

Just brought my 2012 TSX for a B12 service with 28,000 miles. Dealer recommended a "Fuel/emission system service" for about $240. Car is on a lease to be returned at 45000 miles or so. They said they do it outside with some special equipment.

Is this necessary or were they "upselling"? Can I do some of it myself with a quality fuel injector cleaner?

Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,616

It's an upsell and yes you can do it yourself. You will notice that this item does not appear in the factory maintenance schedule.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!