Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus ES 300/ES 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    That is a pretty good history of what happened... I think, in analyzing it.. That what pushed Lexus ahead was cash... they had the money to fund a more comprehensive dealer network...

And... their marketing was superior... as you noted...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    atoewsatoews Member Posts: 637
    Well, most of the deals in the 87-89% MSRP range are from dealers in Southern California, where there is lots of competition, so it sounds as though your received a reasonable deal.

Thanks for your info. When a post a deal summary, I'll include your deal in it. These posts really help people, I think.
  • Options
    I think that the difference between Lexus and its competitors goes beyond even what you argue here.

In the long run, I think people want reliable and practical over flashy. I think that when we are young, we all try impractical sports cars, but I don't think we do so more than about once! What serves us day in and day out are "grocery getters", which is a term a reviewer condescendingly applied to Japanese cars when comparing them to American cars.

"Amen" I say because even us upper middle classers who drive LSes have to get a hell of a lot of groceries! And LS owners also have to haul people around. The average person living his or her life is not trying for find a long road on which to have a "fun" ride. They want their car to support their life, and Lexus provides that better than its competitors do.
  • Options
    tamu91tamu91 Member Posts: 14
    I couldn't have done as well as I did ;) without this board so I just wanted to post my deal for the benefit of the others.
    We purchased a brand new 2005 ES330 with MSRP of $34829 for $31400+TTL. The car is a basic model with heat/vent front seats, cd changers, rear power shade, 17" wheels with all season tires, wood trim on steering wheel and shift knob, cargo net, mats and wheel lock.
    I finalized the deal over the internet and two phone calls, walked in this morning to sign the papers and drove out in 3 hrs. It took longer for them to prep the car ready than for me to do the paperwork. My 5 yr. old daughter loved the waiting area so it was no big deal to wait.
    My deal was through Westside Lexus in Houston and I couldn't be happier with the service I received. Post a message here and I can forward you the name of my salesperson. All around very professional guys but I guess most Lexus owners already know that :P
  • Options
    t010203t010203 Member Posts: 1
    You are a lucky guy. I want to buy the similar car from the same dealer as yours.
    Could you let me know whom I can contact with by eamil?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Please do not offer to exchange salespeople names, through e-mail or in any other way... That violates our rules here on Edmunds..

Thank you for your co-operation..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tamu91tamu91 Member Posts: 14
    Sorry :surprise: I didn't realize I could not even offer contact info via private e-mails. Without violating any rules, I'd be happy to answer any questions so contact me via e-mail please. You guys should be able to find my e-mail address under my profile.
  • Options
    Well... not to be a nag about this..

But, we encourage the exchange of information here, on our message boards (within the rules, of course). That gives all of our members the opportunity to benefit from others' knowledge and experiences.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Actually the rule that prohibits reference to specifc sales peoples' names makes sense. The goal is to prevent these boards from becoming one big forum for advertisements.
  • Options
    You are an amazingly intelligent and perceptive member!! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rprettitorerprettitore Member Posts: 8
    Looking into leasing an ES330 24-month with no more then 10K miles. What is the MF and residual? What is a ballpark figure on down payment and monthly? Please advise.
  • Options
    x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    last week I leased an es 330 for 15K/ 36 mos and the money factor was .00150 with a residual of 54% for 15K. residual for 12K was 56%. This was through Lexus Finance. I don't think they do 10K. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    pcpaulpcpaul Member Posts: 4
    Can you please include the agreed upon price so I can work out the residual value and monthly payment for my location.

thanks

Paul
  • Options
    pcpaulpcpaul Member Posts: 4
    Any opinions on whether to lease the 2005 now or wait for the 2006 leases to be available? Will I save $$ by waiting?

Thanks
    Paul
  • Options
    2005es3302005es330 Member Posts: 4
    Bought a new ES330 for $29,276 before license and tax, 87% of MSRP which was $33,649. Options include 17-inch wheels, 6-disc CD auto changer, trunk mats, cargo net, wheel locks.
  • Options
    motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    That is a fantastic deal :surprise: May I know which part of the country you live in ? Also who was your dealer ? You got the best price so far. Congragulations !!!! Enjoy your new ride.
  • Options
    MSRP was $35909; selling price $32508. Regarding whether you should buy a 2005 or 2006, there are no changes for 2006 since there will be a redesign in 2007. Only new choice for 2006 is the black diamond limited edition es. You might be able to get a better deal on a 2005 since they aresitting around. in my area (NJ) color choices if you want the non basic numbers are hard to find. My first choice was blue onyx w/cashmere interior, which wasn't available at my dealer, but they had one blue onyx with grey, which is very nice. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Yes, please do site the geographical region and dealer from whom you bought your vehicle so I can include your deal in my data. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks. For some reason I enjoy this number crunching and wish I'd taken more statistics courses in college. :-)
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi rprettitore. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2005 Lexus ES 330 without navigation through Lexus Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00170 and 61%, respectively. I have not seen any information on leases through LFS with less than 12,000 miles per year so I am not sure if it offers them. You need to ask your dealer if they do. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect to pay on this car, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP (with the destination charge added in) and an approximate selling price for the car that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hello pcpaul. Lexus Financial Services' residual values for the 2006 ES 330 are quite a bit higher than its residual values for an equivalent 2005 model. For a typical 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease its residual value is 53% for the 2005 model versus 57% for the 2006 model. Given the fact that the '06 model does not have any sort of lease support available on it at this point though, the lease payments for an equivalently priced '05 ES 330 and an '06 model would be about the same. Whether you should lease a 2005 model or a 2006 model depends upon how much larger a discount the dealer that you are working with is willing to give you on the selling price of the '05.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    tmkniestmknies Member Posts: 4
    Just bought an 05' with nav, MSRP $38669 for $34000 + $195.00 document fee, title, tax. Thanks to all of you on this board!
  • Options
    Geographical region and dealer?
  • Options
    tmkniestmknies Member Posts: 4
    Lexus of Greenwich, CT
  • Options
    navydavenavydave Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 ES 330 with NAV last week, also MSRP $38,669 for $33,900 + $100 document fee and tax, tags, license. I am located in Maryland.
  • Options
    2005es3302005es330 Member Posts: 4
    I bought it from Lexus of Cerritos, Los Angeles, CA

>>>>>>>
    That is a fantastic deal May I know which part of the country you live in ? Also who was your dealer ? You got the best price so far. Congragulations !!!! Enjoy your new ride.
  • Options
    mhunterdtsmhunterdts Member Posts: 3
    The MSRP was 39.2k or so, dealer was Stevens Creek Lexus, San Jose, CA. Though the Pleasanton, CA Lexus was also offering the EXACT same price 33,800. Invoice was from Edmunds.
  • Options
    Since you did not state whether your MSRP was exact or not, I went to the "build a lexus" and put in the area code of Steven's Creek Lexus. The most fully loaded package in your area turned out to be $37,119.

Would you mind if I used $37,119 in place of your $39,200 quote as more accurate when I post your deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    rprettitorerprettitore Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Car-Man. The MSRP is $36,064 and approximate selling price is $32,898.
  • Options
    tkstump12tkstump12 Member Posts: 5
    What dealership in Maryland did you use?
  • Options
    tmknies bought his/her car in Greenwich CT (see post 1029). Only one poster, jsceaj, posted a deal on a vehicle in the MD/Washington DC area since June, and they did not list the dealer. Here is jsceaj's deal:

jsceaj, 2005 ES330, post #917, 6/14/05, Maryland/Wash DC,$38603,$34530, 89.4% MSRP
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Are you currently shopping for a vehicle? If so, a reporter would like to talk with you to learn how important fuel efficiency is to you as you make your decision.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 14, 2005 with a few thoughts on the subject.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    No problem rprettitore. Using the prices that you provided, an MSRP of $36,064 and a selling price of $32,898, I estimate that a 2005 Lexus ES 330 without navigation should have a 24 month, 12,000 miles per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $548.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    rosebud0322rosebud0322 Member Posts: 2
    I leased the $35909 ES330 today. My monthly payments are $399 (not including tax). I paid $2624 out of pocket (not including the document fee, registration, title, etc....) Does this look like a good deal?
  • Options
    hum, not sure how many miles,but I leased the same $35909 ES 330 for $465 including tax and no down payment just first months payment, bank fee and docs. that came to $1500. I have 36 months, 15K miles per year.
  • Options
    markatamarkata Member Posts: 3
    i am in the market for 2005es330 the price i am getting in chicago land is $34291 OTD including tax title etc. car have every thing except Nav, HID, and ML is this a good deal :)
  • Options
    markatamarkata Member Posts: 3
  • Options
    brilliantbrilliant Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I bought Lexus 2006 ES330 with MSRP $35,874 for $31,994.

Vehicle: 2006 ES330
    Options: 6 disc CD changer, 17" summer tires with alloy wheels, heated and ventilated front seats, high intensity discharge lamps with rain sensing wipers, power rear sun shade, wood & leather steering wheel & shift knob, cargo net, trunk mat, wheel locks
    MSRP: $35,874 (including options and destination charge)
    Paid: $31,994 (excluding tax & licensing)
    Paid/MSRP: 89.18%
  • Options
    sounds like a good deal. I paid 32500 for similarly equipped vehicle, but Sirrus radio and free 9 mos subscription were free. Happy driving.
  • Options
    hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    I have heard of this website in some forum. This has merged with someother site and claim to provide great rates and buying power. I plan to contact them and see since they have some good rates for ES330 but for 2005. I am interested in 2006 model.

I have checked with some dealers in the NJ area and got a quote of appox. 90% of MSRP (without any negotiations at this point).

Any comments on dealers in the Philadelphia area?
  • Options
    Please provide all the info needed or we can't really help you. See "brilliant" post #1039 and make your quotes that way, if possible.

On all quotes, please provide your MSRP or we can't really help you much. Your quote also needs to be BEFORE TTL. So subract your title and tax from the $34291 to get your real quote. Also, please provide the source of your quote - dealer, internet, whatever.

I've been tracking prices for about 1 year, and I know folks have purchased from the Chicago area, but the quotes must have been incomplete because I have no recorded deals from Chicago.

Are you going for a 2005 or 2006? You need to include that, too.
  • Options
    twjtwj Member Posts: 6
    Vehicle: 2005 ES330
    Options: Nav, Mark Levinson stereo, HIDs, heated/ventilated seats, vehicle skid control & traction control, power rear sunshade, cargo net, trunk mat, wheel locks, wood & leather steering wheel & shift knob, 17" all-seasons w/alloy wheels, OEM XM radio
    MSRP: $39,155 (including options and destination charge)
    Paid: $35,000 (excluding tax & licensing)
    Paid/MSRP: 89.39%
  • Options
    Good post. I'll retain your data for my next summary. (I will try and post a summary as soon as I have about 10 deal quotes from the last time I posted a summary.)

By the way, it is legal to cite the dealer from whom you received your quote. Potential buyers find that useful, too.
  • Options
    Dealer was Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. Salesperson was... excellent!

twj
  • Options
    rosebud0322rosebud0322 Member Posts: 2
    I think that Philadelphia is a tough area. There are not many Lexus dealerships in this area, so I think they can keep the prices higher than other areas. I just bought a 2005 ES330 and had to shop the internet for a good price (for a North Jersey dealership) and the local dealership ended up matching it.
  • Options
    jaewookjaewook Member Posts: 2
    I'm trying to buy ES330 new 2005 or used 2004. A dealer quoted me around $32000 for MSRP $35099 new 2005 and most of dealers are asking $29500 ~ $30000 for used 2004. I just want to buy ES330 regardless of year if I can get a good deal. Which one will be better?
  • Options
    I have two quotes from the NJ/ PA area. They are:

pageguy2, 2005 ES330, 8/9/2004, Havorford, PA (Wilkie Lexus), purchase, $38,444, $35000, 91% MSRP

x021607, 2005 ES330, 1006, 9/1/2005, Bridgewater, NJ (DiFeo Lexus), purchase, $35909, $32500, 90.5% MSRP.

.5%MSRP difference is not THAT much ($170-$190) but you may want to play one dealer against the other in this instance. Who knows? You might be able to get a deal down to 89% MSRP.

rosebud, the fact that I have so few posts from your area is a good reasom for including your deal! If you do, then we will have three from this area. Thanks.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new car, rosebud0322. It is difficult for anyone to say how good a deal you got on your car without some additional information, including how long your lease is for, how many miles per year you are able to drive your car, and its selling price. If you can provide this information I am sure that myself or someone else will be happy to give you feedback.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    wlonlinewlonline Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for an ES330. One dealer in Atlanta offered me $30500 for a 2005 with Level 1 options (6cd, memory driver seat, wood/leather trim wheel, 17" alloy wheels) and $32000 for 2006 same options. Price is before TTL. Driveout price including 6% tax is $32950 for 2005 and $34230 for 2006.

Is this a good deal? Which one sounds better - 2005 or 2006?

Thanks
  • Options
    No meaningful differences from '05 to '06 that I've seen documented anywhere. Memory setas are standard equipment nationwide, I believe. I think you could probably get a better price on the '06, and almost certainly a better price on the '05. They're both brand new, save a few bucks unless you have a head game about having the 'newer' car. The '05 will depreciate a bit faster out of the gate but will line up with the '06 after a while, adjusted for mileage and condition.

twj
This discussion has been closed.