Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    toothdude,

I dealt with North Park Lexus in Plano when I got my Lexus (last year) and the only person I ever talked to was the internet manager, I, along with several others got a great deal. Have you talked to them? I think his name was T y- internet manager. Sorry forgot we are not supposed to use the salesman name. You have to do your homework and know the numbers. You can get the numbers from Edmunds, Consumers Report, etc... Good luck
  • Options
    toothdudetoothdude Member Posts: 14
    thanks for the info lexusbunny...
    This was at park place lexus plano...
    I haven't called sewell FW, but did do the dallas sewell.
    Please email me with the name of your contact at sewell FW if you don't mind...

neenuss@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    I forgot the name of the person, and I actually am buying from Park Place in Dallas cuz they gave me a better deal.
  • Options
    No problem...

What was the specs and price out the door of the ES, if you don't mind?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Of course not! The quote is $37500 including tint and body strip (about $400) so it is ~$37,100 + TTL. TTL is about $2500 I guess. The car I ordered comes with premium package + nav. Nada.com invoice for the car is $36,610 without the $515 fee the dealer added on it so it comes to about $500 above invoice.

Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Toothdude,

Sorry I meant Park Place in Plano not North Park (I am getting mixed up with Houston dealers who would not budge at all!). Sounds like you may have already talked to them though. I hope it works out for you. They have to be offering good deals on '08's since the 09's are already out and with the uncertainty of the economy most people are not looking to buy a Lexus!
  • Options
    fatwhalefatwhale Member Posts: 9
    Just took the plunge over the weekend on an 08 ES with UL & VN. The selling price would be 38.9K + TTL. What do you guys think about the price?
  • Options
    nalinirphnalinirph Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the info. What are your thoughts on the extended warranties that are offered by the dealership and may the price on those be negotiated?
  • Options
    lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    No problem you are very welcome. Edmunds has some good information on buying an extended warranty (See Tips & Advice) . If you plan on keeping the car beyond the extended warranty that Lexus offers 4yrs/50,000 miles then an extended warranty would be a good option. I imagine you could negotiate the extended warranty price, but oftentimes they are offered by third parties (through the dealer) so there may not be any wiggle room there. Also Lexus has a high reliability rate, so consider that against cost.

You may want to opt for an after market warranty policy which would be cheaper than the dealer plan, and if you are fortunate enough to have GEICO as your insurance provider, then you can purchase their Mechanical Breakdown Insurance which covers everything an extended warranty covers for about $64/year. This price is so much cheaper than any dealer plan. Check with your insurance provider even if you don't have GEICO, they may offer it and it will probably be much cheaper than the dealer plan.

Also another good option is GAP insurance. This insurance would pay the difference in the event your car is totaled and your insurance company does not cover what you 'owe' on the car, which is often the case with even high end cars. GAP would make up the difference meaning you would walk away debt free. Dealer plans are expensive, check with your insurance provider, they will be much cheaper.
  • Options
    fatwhale,

That's a fantastic price, just $550 above invoice, which is 39264.00. I take it that this is a new car with little or no miles right? If so, then you got a great deal!!...Kudos and Enjoy!!
  • Options
    What color are you getting? Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    xierxier Member Posts: 99
    I thought we were getting BELOW invoice on 08 ES's and 100 over on 09 ES's? -
  • Options
    Hello everybody,
    when I was double checking the nada invoice prices of the 2008 vs 2009 the 2009 came up lower and so did the MSRP on it. The car that I am thinking about has the following option codes.
    BE FS HL HN NV PA PT WU Z1
    So now I am really confused if I should get the 2009 or 2008 and what price should I offer? Would I not be better off getting the 2009? Somebody help me!!!!!

2008 MSRP $42,595
    2009 MSRP $41,595
  • Options
    I was told that there is absolutely no difference between 2008 & 2009. I got the 2009 ES350 because the 2009 red (metador red) is different than the 2008 red (ruby). The 2009 red is brighter which is what I like.

You might be able to negotiate the price more on the 2008 models. However you might not be able to get the exact options you want since they are not making anymore of those and you can only pick what is available in stock.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thanks. But did you mean below invoice? It's a new 08 but unfortunately AFAIK that's pretty much the last smoky granite UL in bay area. I've been hunting all over and I believe there's still a black on black somewhere in East Bay. The dealer just wouldn't give me much room on the price because of this.

So far it's a great car; good power and very smooth when shifting. I also had a 05 ES 330 and it's a hugh improvement over the previous generation. I am very happy on this decision. :)
  • Options
    Smoky Granite with black interior. I've never drove a car with that start engine button before and now I don't think I can go back to turning keys to start a car! :)
  • Options
    beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    If all is the same, get the 2009. It will be worth more in a few years simply for the year. Offer invoice and always get at least 3 dealers quotes.
  • Options
    great color choice!!!
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I am getting ready to make an offer hopefully by the end of this week. I am a little nervous because I keep my cars at least 8-10 years and want to be sure this is what I really want
  • Options
    Good luck. btw if you're in the bay area the best quote I received for an 09 ES with Mark Lavison is 40500 OTD. FYI.
  • Options
    nightowl76nightowl76 Member Posts: 10
    nalinirph,

Thats a great price. I bought an 08 ES with premium package in the bay area this Sep for 38800 OTD. I wish I had waited for the 09.
  • Options
    Wow that seems like a great price. I live in Texas. Hopefully I can find a good deal in state. If not I guess another option would be to check out of state and have it delivered if the price is better of course....I am also not sure if it is worth it for me to spend the extra money on the Mark Levinson system.
  • Options
    Hello,

Do you wish you would have waited b/c of the price or b/c it would be a 2009? I have asked the dealership and was told there was not any changes in the 2009 except some color choices. I think someone else also mentioned this in the blog.
  • Options
    bluer0cksbluer0cks Member Posts: 6
    One Bay area dealer told me that an 08 has Xenon headlights, (which will not be standard on the 09), and 08 has a retractable rear window sunshade (which will not be standard on the 09).

I have not personally verified the same. But it came in a phone conversation from one of the dealer personnel.
  • Options
    One thing that really bothered me is that the APR for purchase offered by Lexus Financial is currently 6.xx-6.6 (on a 66-72 month financing). I am planning to go with a 72 month financing.

This comes at a time when BMW is offering 0.9%-1.9% APR on many vehicles, and Mercedes is offering 3.9% (36 mos) and 4.9% (for 66 mos), and Acura 2.9% (37-60mos). All of them much much better APR's than Lexus. (I want to buy an ES, but not until those Financial guys at Lexus financial wake up)

Even Toyota (owner of lexus) is offering 0% APR on Camrys!!! (I fail to understand why there isnt a single APR promotional offering from Lexus around this time). Some of my friends suggested that deals may come after Thanksgiving (i.e Thanksgiving to Christmas window). In any case, I am waiting a few more weeks. Just doesnt make sense to lock in for 5-6 years without getting a good APR deal. :mad:
  • Options
    deuces74deuces74 Member Posts: 11
    I received 5.49APR from a local financial credit union. I just pulled the trigger on a 2009 ES350 w/PremiumPlusPack, HIDs, etc. (No Nav, LV, or rear sunshade) for $34K +TTL. This is in central NJ. I think it is a good deal for a 2009!
  • Options
    6.xx is rediculous! Even Bank of America has lower rates then that! But call around the local credit union and ask for their rates if there are any in your area. I mentioned before I got a 4.7% from my local CU.

I don't think Lexus usually offers any special financing rates. I guess they figure if you are walking in their door, you don't need it. They probably can get more business if they offer better rates. All they offer in their specials or the "December to Remember" events are specials on leasing, not buying. :cry:
  • Options
    purple10purple10 Member Posts: 4
    I just bought my ES 350 2009 yesterday in Houston, Tx - Prem Plus Package with option PT, DC, BE, HN, FS, WU for 34.7 + TTL and thought it was good. After I bought it, another dealer gave me the quote for 34 + TTL. I missed by 700.
    You do have the power to bargain now.
  • Options
    Which dealer did you go to? Clear Lake Lexus would not lower the price at all, even after I told them I will buy the car right away if they will give it fo me for the quote I got from a Dallas dealer. All they said is "How did they give it to you for that price?"
  • Options
    drnittanydrnittany Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up a 09 ES 350 with Prem Plus without Nav for 33700. Close to dealer cost.
  • Options
    Is this with nav? What was your out the door price?
    I'm going to Houston in the next few weeks...wanna close the deal there.
    Here is Dallas the best I got with Nav premium package was 39600 out the door.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Toothdude, if you get a better price then 39600 in Houston, let us know. That's pretty much what I got from Dallas. Houston dealers wouldn't even come close to that price.
  • Options
    phyll97phyll97 Member Posts: 10
    when i purchased my 2008 es 350 about two weeks ago i got the $1k rebate for refinancing again with lexus - i got 6.05 interest but it was still a better deal with the 1k than getting a lower interest rate somewhere else. I was in a wreck in October that totalled my 2007 es 350 (that i purchased last year). That car saved my life. So once the insurance company totalled it, I got another one just like it!
  • Options
    I haven't gotten any bank loans yet so when my car is here, I will definitely talk to the dealer and see if they have any kind of rebate like that and compare the rates. Thanks!
  • Options
    It was WITHOUT Nav...just Prem Plus with the HID, BT, rear airbags, accessory pkg, etc... The cost was 33,700 plus tax and tags. No other fees.
  • Options
    No, this is with the Premium Package only, no NAV., sticker price (all dealer has the same price) is 37,930. The invoice price is 33,568, I got it with 34,700 + TTL. Out of the door price is 37,090. I think I overpaid by a couple hundreds
    But Clearlake gave me the quote of 33,997 after I already took the car home so it was too late. You can start your bargain from the cost price (from nada.com or cars.com-don't use Edmunds TMV price, it is not true)
    I applied the loan with Capital One, their rate is one of the best and it updates every week. Mine was 5.31%.
  • Options
    hey purple10...how did you get Clearlake Lexus to give you a price below invoice? I really want to know. I talked to a couple of sales already and none of them will even get close to the invoice prcie. Can you tell me what exactly did you do? Thanks!
  • Options
    Clearlake didn't give a quote below invoice. Invoice was $33,500 something. Lexus has a 2% dealer holdback on the base MSRP. Thus allows them to sell the car below advertised invoice.
  • Options
    harrysamharrysam Member Posts: 1
    Hi I wanted to see what people thought of the new lease special that came out for Lexus es350. I went by the dealer yesterday and they said $2999 down with $399/mo for 12,000miles for 36 months. Is this a fair deal and is there room for negotiation? Thanks :)
  • Options
    mayfletchermayfletcher Member Posts: 11
    Does the Prem Plus pkg come with the AFS/HID Headlamps & wood /leather sterring? Or are they an additional cost option?

Also anyone in DC/MD area recently purchase/ What did you get it for & where?
    What can I expect to pay for
    Prem Plus with Nav

Thanks
  • Options
    I went into their side, locate the Internet sales mgr then send an email with my option in detail including their MSRP price and the invoice price from Nada.com and ask what is their best quote. I also stated that I am serious and ready to make the purchase within a week. The price they quote me is 33,997, invoice price is 33,568, MSRP price is 37,930. So I would sugest to bargain up from invoice price.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. So that is $429 above invoice. Mine is about the same ($500 over invoice) but mine is not in stock and they have to order. I would have more room to bargain if it's in their inventory. But thanks~! I guess I am not way off on what I am paying then. :blush:
  • Options
    deuces74deuces74 Member Posts: 11
    Prem Plus pkg does not come with HIDs. The HID lights are an additional option. Also, they usually bundle the wood/steering with the Prem Plus pkg, but it is an additional option cost as well.

If you can drive up to central NJ, Ray Catena has the best deal around. I just got the 2009 @200 below nada invoice cost.
  • Options
    mayfletchermayfletcher Member Posts: 11
    Thanks...what was tiyr price before TTL?
    I still need some help with this.
    I am a bit confused because when you go to the Lexus website the options are:
    Premium Plus Package with Additional Options $2,035.00

Premium Plus Package with Additional Options $3,180.00

Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth technology with Additional Options $6,030.00

But when I go to Edmunds TMV, Cars.com or nada.com to figure out the true market value the choices are all individual items it seems. Which of the Nav of these pages do I pick based on the fact that only one os offered on the Lexus site and do I choose all ther other individual things that are listed as "included" in the Prem Plus and Nav on the Lexus site? Can't figure this out to see what market value is.
  • Options
    Hey Purple10, were you able to get the 5.31% for a 72 month, or 60 month period? (I am seeing atleast 0.8-1% difference between a 60 month, and a 72 month financing.

Lexus offers for 60 months 5.89% and for 72 months 6.69%. (Many dealers in the bay area seem to offer the same, atleast on initial email contact). I am sure some Banks/credit unions can give a better deal, as you said, and as previously quoted by lexusbunny.
  • Options
    The best way is to apply your loan with Capitalone.com. Depends on your credit history, you might get the lower rate than what they listed (my case I got 5.31% below their advertise of 5.44%), and I think with 72 mos, the rate will go up almost by 1%. Capital One will send you the blank check within 5 working days, you have the option to use or not. I had to apply three times (different rate everytime) because the blank check expires before I decided on the car, but at least I have it ready wnen I need it. Good luck
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to purchase my blk/blk beauty prem/plus w/Nav, within the next 30 days. I have my own financing thru GEICO FCU. Getting 5% for 72 months. I plan to offer invoice which is just above 36k. I'm in the ATL area. Lexus is running a December special on financing, not sure if they can beat 5% though.
  • Options
    wenikiweniki Member Posts: 13
    I specifically signed on tonight to thank you purple10! The information you posted helped us out a ton. We just bought a car tonight from Clearlake at that exact price, 34k+TTL.

For others in TX, I was so impressed, I'm willing to rave about our experience; I HIGHLY recommend this place. The conversation I had with the manager was friendly and quick. The deal was sealed in 10 minutes over the phone (Bank of America already approved us for 5.3% at 60mo) and we just agreed on a time for us to sign and pick up the car. This is a huge contrast to the headache I've had in the last 2 mos with other dealerships, very similar to what lexusbunny has described. After we signed papers, our sales lady spent an extra 30 minutes after the dealership was already closed to teach my mom how to customize her new car. This was something that the Austin dealership never did when we bought our RX350 a couple years back.

Thanks again everyone, especially purple 10 for all your help on this forum. Really appreciate it, we love our new car, and hope you guys have a wonderful experience with yours!
  • Options
    Yea! I am happy for you and hope you love your new car!
  • Options
    Lexpaul...Do you have to be a Geico existing customer to avail the 5% for 72 months?
    I'm not an existing Geico customer.