Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're seeking, semida. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00131 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Hi ajreid. I posted the info for several combinations of trim level, mileage allowance, and term in my previous couple of post. Please check there for the information that you're looking for. Let me know if you want the numbers for something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go, slayton323. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00131 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mbrokernymbrokerny Member Posts: 10
    can anyone confirm the amount of cash there is on the dec lease deals? Dealer is trying to tell me no cash is available, but under incentives $500 is listed.
    thanks
  • Options
    oreore Member Posts: 4
    OK - got an offer for a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsberg w/ 18" Davenports; Nav Kit and Sun Roof Kit.

Dealer wants $3,000 down with $441+tax for 39 mos.

Any comments would be appreciated. Should I do it?!? It comes out to about $22,000 in total payments which seems KRAZY - Sell price is $33,614.00
  • Options
    britabroad1britabroad1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I just received a quote for a 2010 Tiguan 4 motion with sunroof, msrp 32110. I'm going through costco, and the dealer quoted me a cap cost of $32000. He's quoting a lease term of 39 months, residual of 51 %, MF of 0.00131. Monthly payment $475 plus tax (I live in Utah). This seems very high to me. I asked him why the cap cost was so high and he said that it included all of the costs of leasing. He says that I would bring no money in and have 39 payments of $475 plus tax. The trouble is there are only a couple of Tiguans in Utah, so I think they aren't willing to bargain that much. What should I tell him?
  • Options
    oreore Member Posts: 4
    I just got another quote for an SE with nav and sunroof for $515 down and 499+ tax for 39 mo. with 15k.

total paid over 39 mo. is 19,500 which is too much, no?
  • Options
    lem96lem96 Member Posts: 1
    What's a decent bid on a 09 Tiguan SE 4Motion via a 42 mo lease with zero down and 15k miles per year?
    The dealer has only quoted a purchase at $27,647. For an 09, I think that's very high. I have offered a 42 month lease 15k miles/yr for around $300 per month. Am I making a fair offer? Thanks, LEM96
  • Options
    bldazbldaz Member Posts: 11
    We have looked at received numbers for an SE with Leather at a local delaership. With fees down, $1000, he offered 476 inc tax for 39 months. With some negotiation he offered 450 including tax for 39 months same down and with additional 500 down 436 including tax. Car was 30K MSRP selling price went down from 28900 to 27900 or thereabouts he has 399 for window tint still in the deal, evenso the payment is now 436 inc tax 1500 total Dn inc all fees.
    We are taking it today, was thinking of the Mazda but this is a much finer car.
  • Options
    ct1010ct1010 Member Posts: 10
    With sunroof
    $375 down
    $450 / month
    10K mi / year
    36 mo. lease

Should I try to negotiate further down? Fyi, they tried to get me into a 39 mo. lease but I wouldn't drive the car without warranty. Please advise--anyone!? Thanks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287
    The 39 month programs tend to be better deals... Did you let them quote you for that? 3 months isn't very long.

I understand your reluctance.... but, might be one of those nose/face things.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    They initially quoted me as $450 / month for 39 mos. That's when I told them I wouldn't drive it without warranty. They came back with the same price but for 36 mos.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm down to $416 for 39-mo. lease or $438 for 36-mo. lease.

I'm obviously tempted to go for the lower payment but am still skittish about not having bumper to bumper warranty on a leased vehicle...even if only for 3 months.

Any input?? Fyi, I nearly didn't make it out of my daughter's daycare this morning due to the snow and ice so I can't WAIT to get my 4WD Tig!
  • Options
    For me... I'd take the lower payment.. But, I usually lease for 3yr/45K, so I'm out of of warranty for the last 7-8 months of every lease that I sign..

Things to consider:

1) Some states have a hefty annual registration fee, that isn't refundable or transferable to another vehicle.. So, if you have to pay an extra $300-$400 to register the car for 3 months, then turn around and do it again when you lease the next car, 3 months later.. then, I'd stick with the 36. (my state registration is only $25, or so.. )

2) Assuming #1 isn't applicable... the savings from the first 36 months will nearly cover 2 of the extra 3 payments...

3) Outside of warranty issues, you have tire wear and service to think about.. Sometimes those extra 3 months and 2500 miles will make it more likely you'll incur extra costs (though not very likely)

If it keeps you up nights, it's not worth saving $22/mo. over the next 3 years... just go with the 36. My biggest point was they weren't pushing you that way for their benefit, necessarily... . It was more for your benefit.

Good luck! The Tiguan is a very cool little crossover.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    So it's down to this:
    4WD Wolfsburg with Sunroof
    10K/year
    39 mos.
    $375 OOP
    $416/month (incl tax)

OR

4WD Wolfsburg with Sunroof and NAV
    10K/year
    39 mos.
    $375 OOP
    $445/month (incl tax)

I'm not married to the nav, but I would love the backup camera. Is it crazy to spend an extra 1K (over the life of the lease) to get these features? Is that a good price?
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger on the one with the nav/backup camera. Also has the trailer hitch which we'd use for our bikes, iPod integration, schmancy wheels & rubber mat kit. Drives awesome & I didn't slide once! Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Getting the right car is more important than getting the right deal (though, a good deal doesn't hurt)..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gburnettgburnett Member Posts: 3
    Hi ct1010, great job on getting the deal on the Tig with nav. I have been trying to get a deal like that. Please could you tell me the dealers name so I can call them or at least let my local dealer know a deal like this is possible. Am I right in thinking you only paid $375 up front and the rest was in the monthly payment? If you could I would also love to know the money factor and residual they used to get you to $445 a month.
    I appreciate you sharing your numbers with us, really helps me understand that I have not been offered a great deal yet.
    Thank you and have a great time with your Tiguan.
  • Options
    jseinfeldjseinfeld Member Posts: 18
    Hi all,

I know this isn't specifically a lease question, but this seems to be the only active Tiguan discussion forum so please bear with me for asking this, because it's the only thing with the car that drives me nuts.

I have an SE. Is there any way to set the automatic locks so that all doors open when I put the car in Park and/or click unlock on the remote control? I had this option in my base '07 CR-V and it would boggle my mind if VW did not include this as standard. According to the manual, it seems only the SEL has the option through the onboard computer, but the manual is hard to understand. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Thanks! I am LOVING this car. Yes, all I paid upfront was $375 and the $445 is my monthly payment. The MF and residual were exactly what one of the mods posted a few screens back for 10K/year, 39 months in December: MF, .00131; residual, 52. Here is what I did:

1. On Monday--the last day of the month, last day of the year--I called several dealers in my area (Fairfield County, CT). I told them exactly what I wanted (4WD Wolfsburg with sunroof; Candy White or White Gold with Sandstone Beige interior) and that I was ready to make a deal that day. For that package, the lowest I got was $375 OOP and $416/month.
    2. I used that figure and called all the dealerships back (except the one that gave me the $416 of course). I reiterated that I would sign that day and wanted to know if they could beat the $416.
    3. When I called VW Danbury, they told me that they didn't have what I wanted and so I said thanks and crossed them off my list.
    4. Danbury called me back--it's like dating, nothing like telling someone no to make them want you more!--and said that they really wanted to make a deal for end of the year. They had the color combo I wanted but it had nav and the other stuff. I told them I needed to stay in the low $400s for monthly payment, not negotiable, with $375 OOP. We agreed on $445 and I picked it up that afternoon.

I purposely waited for end of the month/end of the year and tried to make it as easy as possible for the dealer—everything done over the phone, knowing exactly what I wanted, etc. It’s funny because I feel like I should have negotiated even lower. You always feel like you get screwed, right? I also know that I didn't negotiate "the right way"--I totally went off of monthly payments, but I felt like it was okay since I had an idea of what was decent, reading through all these forums and such! Hope that helps.

What state are you in?
  • Options
    I don't know for sure, but I seem to remember the salesperson telling me that mine does ('10 Wolfsburg). If you don't get an answer here, I'd play around with the settings. The steering wheel controls and info screen are pretty intuitive IMO.
  • Options
    Thank you for he reply to my question. I am in Westchester NY near the CT border. I do not think you should feel you could have done much better, I have been trying for a while and not got a deal like yours, well done. I will wait till the end of Jan and try again with the dealers in CT.
  • Options
    Thanks. Funny enough, there was a woman from NY picking up a Tig at the same time. Makes you wonder about the NY dealers. I should add that Stamford was the one who gave me the $416 quote. Stratford (far for you) was very nice but said they couldn't match it. I'd check out Danbury & Stamford when you're ready. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for your help, happy travels.
  • Options
    axis329axis329 Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered a lease on a 2010 VW Tiguan SE Wolfsburg for 39 months, 12K miles, $0 down , no upgrades other than the standard leatherette seats for $379 a month including tax. Is this a good deal? Has anyone been able to get a better deal? (i'm in Miami) I'd appreciate any feed back, thanks!
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I have to agree! Getting the right car is very important!! Then, getting a great deal is second. Getting an amazing deal on a car that you don't like completely is not a great deal. Because, you are going to want out early and will cost you money. You will not be satisfied. Why rush into getting a car. No dealer should ever make you feel this way. If they do, walk away. Plenty of dealers out there, willing to work a good deal on the car you want.

I know this, because I rushed into a car deal, should have slowed down. Luckily, I am getting closer to where I can get out now. But, it will cost me some too though!
  • Options
    vdub5vdub5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, what are the current lease rates for a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg 4motion? I'm interested in the money factor and residual for 36 months. I'm in UT. Thanks!
  • Options
    conneenconneen Member Posts: 14
    I'm looking to lease a 2010 Tiquan Wolfs with Sunroof and Mats.

MSRP: 30,075
    Invoice: 27,835

I'm looking to do 3 years, 12,000 per year.

I was wondering what the current Residual and BRLMF are. I'm trying to figure out the payments, and what I'm going to need to negotiate to keep them around $370.00 or so a month (before taxes).

I'm also wondering how to keep the money down as low as possible. Are people rolling the Acquisition fee into their lease? I'm willing to pay Title/Tags and First Month's payment.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    mcjcamcjca Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I was hoping you could help me out and let me know if this is a fair deal. I feel that the residual is really bad.

2010 Tiguan SEL.
    Panoramic Sunroof, Navigation System, Tiguan Mat Kit

MSRP: $35,570.00
    quoted price $33,490.00 ($250 over invoice)

36 month/10,000 miles year

money factor -- .00045
    residual -- 47% (ouch!)

$530.69 Due at lease signing, $504.71 Per Month Plus Tax

Thank you all for your help.

MCJ
  • Options
    nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Car man, I'm re-looking at this car and am amazed at the confusion and diverse lease specs I see on this board, how do you explain how dealers can be so wildly different when they all use VW credit?

Anyway, here is what I was just offered in NY, the dealer was helpful and friendly and upfront which I like, but the price, I don't know what to think yet:

Tiguan Wolfsburg, no extra options at all, 36 months, 12k miles:
    MSRP: $31,795
    Invoice: $30,610
    MF: .00067
    Residual: 52%
    Cap Fee: $575 (folded into monthly)
    Minimum Down: $1,388 which is: NY tax: $1,290 plus VW Fees: $98
    VW folds cap $575 into monthly and pays first month free
    No sec dep, no first month, first year is 11 payments
    Monthly: $439

How does that sound and compare with other Wolfsburgs in NY? Thanks again.
  • Options
    nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Note on above first post:

The Wolfsburg I was quoted is 4 motion with panoramic roof which is apparently a $1,148 option, I thought it was standard on 4 motion Wolfsburg.
  • Options
    vballny23vballny23 Member Posts: 33
    I think you can do better. I would double check MF. It should be .00047. I am closing on a very similar deal to you tomorrow. Only difference is my Wolfsberg is without sunroof, which is about $10/extra month.

My 36 month, 12K yr lease with all taxes, fees, rolled into lease is $450/month. I am paying about $125 in DMV fees at signing, that's it!! The $450/month includes the dealer paying my last 2 payments of $395/each on my current lease.

Not sure if your Tiguan is in stock which would get you a better deal. Mine is being shipped now and should arrive early Feb. And I am in NY as well.
  • Options
    vballny23vballny23 Member Posts: 33
    Just closed deal as noted above. Worked the $790 back into monthly payments to take them down to $425.54 for the 36 month, 12 yr. Only paying DMV fees at signing. In actuality, deal is for 35 months since there is no 1st month payment through 2/1.
  • Options
    Welcome axis329. I always find that the easiest way to evaluate a deal is to look at the selling price that the payment that you were quoted is based upon. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are receiving and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what this truck's MSRP and selling price are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi vdub5. Here's the info that you're looking for. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00047 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi Brian. HA, I haven't seen BRLMF before. It looks like something that one would say after eating some bad sushi ;) . Here's the numbers that you're interested in.

VW Credit's current BRLMF and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 51%, respectively.

You should be able to keep the amount of money that you have to lay out at lease signing to a minimum on your lease. Volkswagen is currently waiving the first month's payment and security deposit on '10 Tiguan leases for free. You can indeed roll VW Credit's acquisition fee into your truck's capitalized cost as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello MCJ. The residual value that you mentioned is correct, but the money factor is slightly high. VW Credit's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SEL is .00030. The difference isn't huge, but you definitely make sure that the dealer is using the buy rate to calculate your truck's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, $250 over invoice is very attractive.

This is actually a pretty good deal on a '10 Tiguan, even with the slight difference in money factor.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey nickr1. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is a little high. VW Credit's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg 4Motion is .00047. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses that factor to calculate your payment.

As far as how good a deal this is goes, you mentioned this vehicle's MSRP and invoice price...but not the selling price that you are being charged for it. Are you implying that you're getting it at invoice? If so, that's a very good price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hey car_man...

Yep, I'm pricing all sorts of different CUV's!!!

I'm looking at the 2WD SEL for 36 mos and 18,000 miles/year. Based on the above posts, it looks like the MF for that is .00030, but I don't know the residual. Can you verify the MF, and give me the residual for 15K miles, and I'll calculate the reduction for 18K?

Thanks,

Walt
  • Options
    widewheelswidewheels Member Posts: 2
    What are the lease factors for 36 months 10,000 miles for the SEL model? MSRP is $34,050. What should I expect to pay?

Thanks.
  • Options
    kinsalekinsale Member Posts: 33
    Can I get the lease numbers on a 2010 4motion? 12000 miles.
  • Options
    ryangambrillryangambrill Member Posts: 6
    I am looking for the 4motion Wolfs & SEL lease numbers please:

MF
    Residual @ 12k miles
    24-30-36 Months.

Thanks.
  • Options
    purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    How does the $1,000 bonus cash work? Is it for leases? It is listed as an incentive here at edmunds but I don't see anything about it on the website of the dealer I have been speaking with. Thanks!!
  • Options
    rrlk1rrlk1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg FWD with a MSRP of $28,325 and an Edmunds TMV of $26,964. Am I correct in assuming a 51% residual and a .00045 money factor?

How does the VCI $1000 bonus progam play into my lease as well as the fact that I'm turning in a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 FWD.

Any thoughts on what's the lowest payment, without any money down, I can expect?

Thank you!
  • Options
    ryangambrillryangambrill Member Posts: 6
    Ok. The first step in acquiring a vehicle, regardless of how you are paying for a vehicle (cash, loan, or lease), is to determine the "sale price". Once you have that completed everything else will fall into line.

I prefer to use the American Express Auto Buying Service to establish a baseline purchase price. Their website allows you to build a vehicle online, and instantly receive your pre-negotiated price for the vehicle. I have completed tons of research and from what I can see, the price it gives out is very very competitive. Quotes are based on dealers and prices in your zip code.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com

I ran a quote and your MSRP is $28,550. Your price is $26,419. This is equal to $500 below invoice.

I cannot confirm the MF and residual, but for these purposes, will assume your numbers are correct. I also assume these are the buy rates and that you have sufficient credit to qualify for that rate.

36 mo
    12k miles
    51%
    $575 Aqu Fee
    -$1000 Lease Cash (Deduced From Sale Price - Now $25,419)

I figure $336 + Tax per month. No cap cost reduction (down payment). Only put down inception fees.

I think these VW leases are smarter than cash. Here is why.

If you pay cash your price is $26,419.

If you lease the car, here is your price:

$26,419 Purchase Price
    -$1000 Lease Cash
    +$575 Aq Fee
    +$657 (Rent Charge/Interest - During Term of Lease)
    ------------
    $26,651 - Assuming you purchase vehicle at end of lease.

It only costs you $7 per month to finance the vehicle. VW then assumes all of the risk as far as depreciation, if it is a lemon, etc. Not to mention that you can hold onto your money for a much longer period of time. A conservative investment will yield more profit than the cost of the financing.

Never put money down on a lease it is a total waste of money. But that is for a different post.

I do not believe VW offers loyalty money if you are coming from an Audi. But, look at the back of your lease from Audi. They used to waive the disposition fee on your current lease if you purchase or lease any new vehicle financed from VW Credit (Bentley, Lambo, VW, Audi, etc.)

Good Luck.
  • Options
    purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    I think he just wanted to verify the mf and the residual figures, which I'm curious on as well. Anyone? Bueller?
  • Options
    Hey Walt. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SEL 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00023 and 44%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that VW Credit publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hello again widewheels. Here's the info that you're looking for.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SEL 4WD with 10,000 miles per year are .00001 and 48%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that Volkswagen is currently providing on leases of it.

I'd be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you if you provide me with the MSRP and selling price, or at least the MSRP and invoice price, of the exact model that you want. This pricing data is available over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here you go,kinsale. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 50%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous several posts, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this truck when negotiating your vehicle's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ryangambrill.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 Tiguan Wolfsburg 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00084 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00084 and 55%. The 36 month numbers are .00084 and 52%.

The numbers for the Tiguan SEL 4Motion are .00001 and 54% for 24 months, .00001 and 50% for 30 months, and .00001 and 47% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.