Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Maintenance and Repair

1126127128129130132»

Comments

• My goodness! The same thing happened to my 2005se. It was around 64,000 miles. Perhaps we do need a class action against Nissan!
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Ok, just picked up an 08 Altima for my daughter with 50,000 miles. It leaks, and I think it's Power Steering fluid, but not sure. May be more than one.

I shouldn't be surprised - every Nissan/Infiniti I have ever owned has leaked substantially. But, nevertheless - anybody have experience with these things (2.5L) and their leaks?
  • greg128greg128 Posts: 330
    Ok, just picked up an 08 Altima for my daughter with 50,000 miles.

Not a good idea. My brother bought one for his daughter and needed a new engine within a year at less than 80k miles. Actually it was worse than that
    "GM junk"
  • gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,743
    I have an 03 Altima 2.5 A/T. I want to change the transmission fluid but can't find a listing for a filter. Is this a filterless automatic transmission?
  • cm34478cm34478 Posts: 1
    Thank you for this info!! I will try this on my 2005 Altima.
  • Earlier this year I took my car to the shop because my service engine light came on and the codes that were thrown were an EGR fault code and an engine knock sensor code. The mechanic replaced the EGR valve and the light went away (this was in June).
    I was told that if one of these codes goes off, it generally throws the other one too for this model and year of Altima. The mechanic also said that if the knock sensor was bad my car wouldn't even start.

My check engine light came back on this week and the Autozone computer said it was the same two codes. This is what was printed out:
    ECM has detected too little flow on the EGR system, probably cause: blocked passage on EGR system, failed EGR valv, EGR solenoid faulty and failed EGR pressure and position sensor (where applicable)
    Knock sensor condition, probable cause:
    Knock sensor defective, check connector and wiring to sensor and engine mechanical condition-knock or rattle in engine, low fuel pressure.

My question is:
    Since the EGR valve is new, which of these can I eliminate as the cause? Which are pretty easy for me to do (I assume checking the connector and wiring to the knock sensor?

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect when I take it in again and how safe it is to drive my car in this position. Since it's a '99 and has about 130k miles on it, I dont want to spend a whole lot of money on it.
  • hi I have a 2005 and recently had a sensor replaced by a non-nissan repair man. I wasted my money, apparently there was.a recall in the sensor and the part was redesigned but nesrby auto parts stores still had the original parts for sale un knowingly? After spending the money on the original installation, I took it to nissan and they installed the correct one. good as new! now the air vents aren't blowing out, just through the defroster?
  • I have a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan with the standard radio/cd player. After changing the car battery the radio appears to have no power. I checked the fuse under the left side of the steering column and the fuse is good. I thought the radio might have an anti-theft feature where if the power is disconnected then the radio won't turn on until a code is entered. (My wife's honda has this feature) I went to the dealer and the service department said there is no radio code for the Nissan radios. The symptoms (no radio after disconnecting the battery) are identical to the other cars I have had with the anti-theft radio codes. Can someone confirm if there are or are not anti-theft radio codes on the 2010 Nissan Altima sedan standard radio?
  • @ndiboy said: I've a 2002 Altima that's been having hard starting all the time whether in the morning or night. It started with chain noise for which the chain adjuster was changed. Some felt its the fuel pump and a new one was fixed yet the hard starting has persisted. Anyone with similar experience or suggestion/solution? This hard starting is killing me! I need serious help. Thanks.

Is there any other cars engine that can fit into the 02 Altima say toyota corolla/camry?

check the cam and crank sensors, pull the connector off and check for oil, sometimes there is a porous leak through the sensor and leaks at the terminals of the sensor into the connector causing long crank and sometimes crank/no start issues till it drips away and ur able to start again. replace the bad sensor and ur like gold