Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,501

@lwood87 said:
    Hello! My wife and I are researching our first BMW purchase and are interested in a 2015 320i xDrive with European Delivery. We are located in Illinois (tax law changing 1/1/15) and would like to lease. Can anyone offer me some aggressive pricing and potential lease figures? Thanks!

Is it your intention to make the deal after 1/1/15? If so, it's very premature to discuss any numbers pertaining to the deal, as so much can change in the next 5-6 months.

For the time being, use the shopping tools at the top of the page to figure out your target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    lwood87lwood87 Member Posts: 24

How far out from our desired pickup time should we start negotiations? We are already planning to spend June and July 2015 in Europe.

• Options

How far out from our desired pickup time should we start negotiations? We are already planning to spend June and July 2015 in Europe.

• Options

@lwood87 said:

Couldn't tell you .. haven't done ED (I'd like to someday, however!).

You are better off asking your local dealer about the ED program .. or see what the bmwusa.com website has to say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    betrayedsoupbetrayedsoup Member Posts: 22

August. lease rates for 328i x-drive, 36/10, in Boston ma?
    Thanks.

• Options
    msrkumarmsrkumar Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2014

Leased a 335xi with premium, cold weather, navi, driver assist, sport line and sport transmission, Silver/black for 36 mos @12k/yr with Msrp $55325. Selling price $49395, before applying my Ultimate drive rebate of $1000. Sales tax 7.25% = $3600. (IL). Added tire, wheel, dent repair, windshield repair roadside assist etc for $995. 7 MSDs at $4550. 0 down. MF 0.00081. Residual about $34000. Due at inception= $5500 including MSDs, first month's payment and dealer fees, title, registration. Monthly $610. Many hurdles (bait and switch from Truecar, inflated MF- brought down from 0.0017 to 0.0013, acquisition from $925 to $725, insurance from $1495 to $995). Happy. What do you guys think?

• Options

@msrkumar said:
    Leased a 335xi with premium, cold weather, navi, driver assist, sport line and sport transmission, Silver/black for 36 mos 12k/yr with Msrp $55325. Selling price $49395, before applying my Ultimate drive rebate of $1000. Sales tax 7.25% = $3600. (IL). Added tire, wheel, dent repair, windshield repair roadside assist etc for $995. 7 MSDs at $4550. 0 down. MF 0.00081. Residual about $34000. Due at inception= $5500 including MSDs, first month's payment and dealer fees, title, registration. Monthly $610. Many hurdles (bait and switch from Truecar, inflated MF- brought down from 0.0017 to 0.0013, acquisition from $925 to $725, insurance from $1495 to $995). Happy. What do you guys think?

I can't see where you could have done better ... enjoy!

And, use the link in my signature block to write up a review when you're ready.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@betrayedsoup said:
    August. lease rates for 328i x-drive, 36/10, in Boston ma?
    Thanks.

.00130 and 64%. $2000 build out cash this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tke743tke743 Member Posts: 14

Do we have the Aug residuals, MF and rebates for the 335i ( non-xdrive ) for 36/12 and 36/10? TY.

• Options

@tke743 said:
    Do we have the Aug residuals, MF and rebates for the 335i ( non-xdrive ) for 36/12 and 36/10? TY.

.00130 and 62% or 63%.

$1750 build out cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    s25s25 Member Posts: 1

Just leased a 2014 320x
    0 down
    MSRP: 38445
    invoice: 35840
    Selling price: 35,575 (includes build out cash)
    MF: .0013
    7 MSDs brought MF down to .00081
    Residual 64%
    Acquisition fee: 925 (ugh! Didnt notice the mark up until it was too late)

Monthly payment (including all tax-- I had a trade in): $385.65

1000 build out cash
    500 USAA rebate

How did I do?

• Options

@s25 said:
    Just leased a 2014 320x
    0 down
    MSRP: 38445
    invoice: 35840
    Selling price: 35,575 (includes build out cash)
    MF: .0013
    7 MSDs brought MF down to .00081
    Residual 64%
    Acquisition fee: 925 (ugh! Didnt notice the mark up until it was too late)

Monthly payment (including all tax-- I had a trade in): $385.65

1000 build out cash
    500 USAA rebate

How did I do?

The $200 extra isn't that big of a deal. The MF savings with MSD more than makes up for it.

Good deal! Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

@lwood87 said:

Be aware that BMW will only give you 2 weeks insurance in Europe, you should really contact a CA who is very familiar with Ed. 2 months lead time to finalize the deal is usually sufficient.

• Options
    konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

@dmitra said:
    This is the deal I gotten into for a new 2014 428i convertible. May be good or bad deal -- I cannot back out now, but any comment/ discussion should help potential buyers.

MSRP 50225

TOTAL DUE at signing: $5008 Break-up of $5008 due at signing: Cap cost reduction: 4146 First month payment: 498 FL License Fees: 254 Sales/ Use Tax : 63 Sales Tax (on Cap cost reduction): 249 Dealer Fee: 799 Less BMW Rebate: ($1000)

LEASE TERM: 3years/ 10000 miles per year LEASE MONTHLY PAYMENT: $470 + $28 (Tax) = $498

As the moderator advised, large down payments on a lease are a bad idea. Once you drive off the lot, anything happens to the car, you are out your entire down payment. You should take the money and put it toward MSD's( Multiple Security Deposits) which will lower the money factor. Why would anyone lease a car in Florida and pay that outrageous dealer fee.... BTW, you don't even have the sell price in your in your offer details, what is the money factor???

• Options
    collideoscopiccollideoscopic Member Posts: 20

So, as the dealership I'm working with is unable to find the exact configuration of 2014 328i xdrive I'm looking for anywhere in the region, we started looking at builds but BMW is only building 2015s now, not 2014s.

Can you tell me what the mf and residual on a 2015 328i x-drive 36 mo / 10k year lease would be? Also, what sort of lease incentives are applicable to the 2015s (I've been told the $2k build out cash is not). Thanks!

• Options

@collideoscopic said:
    So, as the dealership I'm working with is unable to find the exact configuration of 2014 328i xdrive I'm looking for anywhere in the region, we started looking at builds but BMW is only building 2015s now, not 2014s.

Can you tell me what the mf and residual on a 2015 328i x-drive 36 mo / 10k year lease would be? Also, what sort of lease incentives are applicable to the 2015s (I've been told the $2k build out cash is not). Thanks!

.00130 and 62%. No lease cash on the 2015's.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hillestadkhillestadk Member Posts: 84

Can I please have the residual and MF for a 2014 328i 36 months/15k miles per year. Is there any lease incentives this month? Thanks in advance.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,574

@hillestadk said:
    Can I please have the residual and MF for a 2014 328i 36 months/15k miles per year. Is there any lease incentives this month? Thanks in advance.

.00130 MF and 60% residual. $2000 buildout cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    coryd2coryd2 Member Posts: 5

Looking to lease a 2014 328d xDrive Sedan for 36 months w/ 12,000 miles per year. The MSRP is $49,225 and has an Edmunds "Price Promise" of $45,725.

Can someone tell me what the residual percentage is, MF, and incentives are for this vehicle? I believe the incentives is $2,500 but looking for someone to confirm.

Is the residual calculated on the MSRP or the negotiated selling price? I thought I read that it was on the MSRP but wanted to double check.

Do you think I can do better than $45,725? If so, what should I shoot for?

The Edmunds lease calculator comes back with a payment of $470 but wanted to poll the group to see if that is an accurate figure.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I want to get my facts in order before I go to the dealership.

• Options

@coryd2 said:
    Looking to lease a 2014 328d xDrive Sedan for 36 months w/ 12,000 miles per year. The MSRP is $49,225 and has an Edmunds "Price Promise" of $45,725.

Can someone tell me what the residual percentage is, MF, and incentives are for this vehicle? I believe the incentives is $2,500 but looking for someone to confirm.

.00130 and 63%. I'm showing $1750 in total incentives ($750 build out cash, $1000 eco credit).

Is the residual calculated on the MSRP or the negotiated selling price? I thought I read that it was on the MSRP but wanted to double check.

MSRP is calculated as a percentage of the MSRP.

Do you think I can do better than $45,725? If so, what should I shoot for?

Can't answer that - I'm not in the market. You've used the pricing tools to get Edmunds price estimate. For 2014, I would think invoice minus incentives.

The Edmunds lease calculator comes back with a payment of $470 but wanted to poll the group to see if that is an accurate figure.

Using the MSRP and selling price you've provided, I get a pre-tax payment of $508.46. If I back out the $1750 in incentives from your selling price, the pre-tax payment drops to $457.57/mo.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but I want to get my facts in order before I go to the dealership.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@konacoug said:

Thanks!

• Options
    coryd2coryd2 Member Posts: 5

@Michaell said:

Thank you @Michaell! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help me understand the process a bit more. I'll keep the group posted on how this plays out. Thanks again!

• Options
    taffaejtaffaej Member Posts: 8

My deal fell through. :( , I wanted to be under $400 and we were $30 bucks away. I know I passed up on a pretty good buy but the car was missing a few options I wanted and it had a few I didn't need so why pay for them? At least that's what I keep telling myself. That $2k build out also really helped me out and that's gone now as well. Not many 2014 left around my area so I am not sure what my next step is.

• Options

@taffaej said:
    My deal fell through. :( , I wanted to be under $400 and we were $30 bucks away. I know I passed up on a pretty good buy but the car was missing a few options I wanted and it had a few I didn't need so why pay for them? At least that's what I keep telling myself. That $2k build out also really helped me out and that's gone now as well. Not many 2014 left around my area so I am not sure what my next step is.

Sorry to hear that ... yes, pickings are getting slim on the 2014's, so to get the build out cash you'll have to compromise on color, options, etc. ... or wait until the 2015's have been out long enough to have some sort of incentive on them. Don't know when that would be, however.

You might want to expand your search area.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mommyof2boysmommyof2boys Member Posts: 5

I too am looking into leasing a 2014 328d xdrive. I am bummed, it looks like the lease deal that ended July 31st was a better deal. What changed? Your answer to coryd2 regarding the monthly lease payment, was that without factoring in a down payment? Thank you for the help!

• Options
    arexreearexree Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2014

Hello!

One of the vehicles I'm interesting in leasing is a 2014 328i xDrive Sedan for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. Would I be able to get the August residual percentage, money factor, and incentives for this vehicle? Also, I'm interested in using multiple security deposits (MSDs) to lower my MF. Could I get BMW's program details for this?

Thanks in advance!

• Options

@mommyof2boys said:
    I too am looking into leasing a 2014 328d xdrive. I am bummed, it looks like the lease deal that ended July 31st was a better deal. What changed? Your answer to coryd2 regarding the monthly lease payment, was that without factoring in a down payment? Thank you for the help!

I think the residual went down this month; MF is the same at .00130.

I believe that I ran the payment model with the $2000 down payment factored into the net cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@arexree said:
    Hello!

One of the vehicles I'm interesting in leasing is a 2014 328i xDrive Sedan for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year. Would I be able to get the August residual percentage, money factor, and incentives for this vehicle? Also, I'm interested in using multiple security deposits (MSDs) to lower my MF. Could I also get BMW's program details for this?

Thanks in advance!

.00130 and 63%. $2000 lease cash this month.

You can make up to 7 MSDs, each of which reduce the MF by .00007. 7 MSDs would take the base MF down to .00081.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited August 2014

How do the MSD's work? Was is better to buy in July than now? Thank you so much :)

• Options

@mommyof2boys said:
    How do the MSD's work? Was is better to buy in July than now? Thank you so much :)

MSD's are multiple security deposits - each one, in the amount of the payment rounded up to the next $25, reduces the MF by .00007.

I can't answer the July vs. August statement ... I wasn't in the market.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Does the money factor/residual tend to increase or decrease as it gets closer to the new model year?

• Options

@mommyof2boys said:
    Does the money factor/residual tend to increase or decrease as it gets closer to the new model year?

Both tend to go down to help clear out the old model year stock. BMW doesn't really change their MF very much .. .00130 is their standard, by and large.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    renegade4grenegade4g Member Posts: 2

I am looking at leasing a 2014 328xi GT, just curious if anyone has the residuals and money factors. Also if there are any incentives or build out cash. Thanks,

• Options

What is the current rebate on the 328d xdrive?

• Options

@renegade4g said:
    I am looking at leasing a 2014 328xi GT, just curious if anyone has the residuals and money factors. Also if there are any incentives or build out cash. Thanks,

What lease term and how many miles per year? MF is .00130.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@mommyof2boys said:
    What is the current rebate on the 328d xdrive?

$750 build out cash and $1000 eco credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    renegade4grenegade4g Member Posts: 2

@‌ Michaell 15K per year and 36 months

• Options

@renegade4g said:
    @‌ Michaell 15K per year and 36 months

61% and $1000 build out cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edman7edman7 Member Posts: 1

Hey everybody,

I am consideting leasing a 2014 BMW 328i XDrive. No sports line or luxury. It will have winter package, moonroof, etc. They are offering $3,000 downpayment and then $350/month. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys? Would really ppreciate your help!

• Options
    cesarbcesarb Member Posts: 21

what is the MF and residual for 328d x drive thanks?

• Options

@cesarb said:
    what is the MF and residual for 328d x drive thanks?

.00130 and 61% for 36/15. $1750 of incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@edman7 said:
    Hey everybody,

I am consideting leasing a 2014 BMW 328i XDrive. No sports line or luxury. It will have winter package, moonroof, etc. They are offering $3,000 downpayment and then $350/month. Does this sound like a good deal to you guys? Would really ppreciate your help!

What is the selling price and MSRP? Lease term and miles per year?

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out the money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited August 2014

Is the residual the only difference between 10k miles per year and 15k miles per year? 63% residual for 10k/year and 61% residual for 15k/year? Which BMW model has the best residual?

• Options

@mommyof2boys said:
    Is the residual the only difference between 10k miles per year and 15k miles per year? 63% residual for 10k/year and 61% residual for 15k/year? Which BMW model has the best residual?

There is a 3% difference between 10K and 15K.

For the 3 series, there are a number of models with the 61% residual for 36mo/15K - 320i, 320i xdrive, 328i xdrive, 328d, 328d xdrive, 328i xdrive Gran Turismo, 335i xdrive Gran Turismo, 328i xdrive wagon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    121121 Member Posts: 8

Hey guys, I got this quote for a 328i xDrive Wagon 2014.
    This is what the dealer offered:

Selling price: $47,615
    Residual: $31,209 (.61)
    MF: .00081 (7 MSD)
    Term: 36
    Mileage: 15k/year
    Lease: $566.32

Seems like the lease is very high.

What do you think about this?
    Thanks!

• Options

@121 said:
    Hey guys, I got this quote for a 328i xDrive Wagon 2014.
    This is what the dealer offered:

Selling price: $47,615
    Residual: $31,209 (.61)
    MF: .00081 (7 MSD)
    Term: 36
    Mileage: 15k/year
    Lease: $566.32

Seems like the lease is very high.

What do you think about this?
    Thanks!

Using the MSRP of $52,015 and the selling price of $47,615 with your MF and residual, I get a pre-tax payment of $505.54.

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    arexreearexree Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2014

Hi Michaell,

Is it common practice or generally fine to lease a car from a state where you don't currently reside in? I live in Connecticut but on the border of CT and New York and I'm seeing better vehicle deals and selections in New York.

I wouldn't want to try leasing a car from NY though if I have to deal with state registration issues, NY taxes, additional DMV fees or trips to the DMV, etc. I just don't know if it's worth the hassle or know what I'll get into if I move forward and try to lease a car from another state.

Thanks!

• Options
    121121 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2014

@Michaell said:
    What state is this?

Thanks Michaell! it's in California.

• Options

@arexree said:
    Hi Michaell,

Is it common practice or generally fine to lease a car from a state where you don't currently reside in? I live in Connecticut but on the border of CT and New York and I'm seeing better vehicle deals and selections in New York.

I wouldn't want to try leasing a car from NY though if I have to deal with state registration issues, NY taxes, additional DMV fees or trips to the DMV, etc. I just don't know if it's worth the hassle or know what I'll get into if I move forward and try to lease a car from another state.

Thanks!

Where states connect I suspect there is a lot of cross border shopping. I don't know the ins and outs of the licensing / registration / tax implications of doing so, however. I recommend you seek out the DMV websites of both CT and NY to see what they have to say on the subject.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mahi3mahi3 Member Posts: 14

BMW - 328i X-Drive series
    Jet Black (Exterior) / Black Dakota Leather (Interior)
    Cold weather package and Premium package (Black Leather)
    $44,300 (selling price $38, 535 with discounts)

For 3 yrs and 12K miles/yr...
    $5302.98 (Upfront fees) = $2853 (taxes and fees) + $2450 (7-month security deposit)
    $349/month (Lease amount)

Kindly let me know is this a good deal and how the price break up would work?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

This discussion has been closed.