Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Tiguan Prices Paid and Buying Experience

124»

Comments

• mwtorockmwtorock Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I tried American Express program, it can save about 1000. I will send emails and hopefully get it soon.
  • joonthedukejoontheduke Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I need your help. I've got an OTD quote as follows for 3 i-Touring A/T from a dealer with whom I've worked for the last several days.

MSRP : 18,950.00
    SELLING PRICE : 17,093.00
    SERVICE FEES : 399.99
    SALES TAX : 1,224.00
    TAG AND TITLE : 42.00
    TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE : 18,758.99

It seems any rebates are included in the selling price. Is it good to go??? Thanks so much in advance.
  • clermontflclermontfl Member Posts: 108
    What car is this "3 iTouring?" is this a VW...?? Are you asking questions about BMW..?? advise.
  • bran9192bran9192 Member Posts: 23
    Which package did you get on your Tiguan? SEL, WB, leather?
  • userabcdeuserabcde Member Posts: 3
    Paid 25,000 including all dealer fees
    0% APR 60 mo
    Sticker price 27880
    Dealer added 2 more oil changes free (40000, 50000 mi), some kind of protective paint sealant and fabric spray for free. Also provides a 6 month dent removal for free.
  • porshe1porshe1 Member Posts: 1
    Just wondering if this is decent deal:

Just purchased a 2010 SEL 4Motion w/ Nav and Sunroof with 6000 miles on it for $ 31300 plus taxes, fees, etc.

Financed for 48 months at 2.49 APR
  • breslijobreslijo Member Posts: 3
    For Boston / New England area folks, I have some data on what I just paid.

I bought from Kevin Mullen at Wellesley VW in Wellesley, MA. I took up a lot of his time and he was great.
    I would also recommend the new Kelly VW in Danvers (soon to be Peabody). Flavio Ramos and Marty there are nice and they would match the other deal if I wanted to go with them. But in the end, instead of beating them both back and forth over a few bucks, I went with who helped me the most and gave me the most of their time. I would not go back to Quirk VW in Braintree, unless I needed a good laugh watching the prototypical old school car sales person in action.

I got the SE trim level with 4motion and trailer hitch as the only options. The lease was 3yr/15k. Sign Then Drive, so no money down, and the 1st of the 36 month payments is paid by VW.

msrp:31040.00 (2011 VW Tiguan SE 4motion w.Trailer Hitch + Destination)
    negotiated selling price:27700.00
    residual:16140.80(52%, 36mo., 15k miles/year)
    money_factor:.00042 (=1.008% APR)

Additional items financed:
    docfee+state_inspection:263.00
    reg+title:125.00
    Lease_acquisition:625.00

The Lease Math:
    Net_Cap_Cost: 28713.00
    Depreciation_fee: 349.23
    Finance_fee: 18.84
    Sales_Tax: 23.00 (MA 6.25% of Depreciation+Finance_Fee)
    Monthly_Payment: 391.07 (x35, 1st month paid by VW)
  • breslijobreslijo Member Posts: 3
    see post #159 thanks!
  • bennydahatbennydahat Member Posts: 3
    his might be easier to answer if I just give you the deal they offered and then you can tell me how much they are discounting the vehicle?

2011 Tiguan SEL AWD w/Navi Msrp 33,400
    Massachusetts Tax 6.25%
    Fee's $299 doc fee $100 plates reg
    $1,500 Trade equity ("03" Mazda6i 4cyl 91k/miles all options but nav $4,500 payoff $3,000)
    $0 down $0 out of pocket First month payment rolled in
    Tier 1 + credit

I am so indebted to you for this answer need to save all the money I can having my first baby next month and I need to save thanks so much!
  • nom2nom2 Member Posts: 13
    Carman-

Could you please tell me the December MF and RES for a 2011 Tiguan SE for 36 months and 12K miles?

Thanks
  • docbeaumontdocbeaumont Member Posts: 1
    i was on my way to get a rav 4 and had myjetta for a servcie at vyletel, looked around. got a fantastic offer on the tiguan, they practically matched it with rav. however the car is a different class, it is almost luxury compared to rav (also nice but kinda on the "wilder" side).
    i can only highly recommend this delaership and for sure vw (got two now). guess what, when i went the day before to a ford delaership i was speechless to be offered a bare bone escape for 400 a month lease...
  • dclunedclune Member Posts: 1
    Isnt msrp on this model at least 37K?
  • dorianwalesdorianwales Member Posts: 5
    MSRP 25,640. Got an offer for 22,648 + tax and fees.

Would love an expert's opinion.
  • icedivericediver Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    2011 SE 4Motion with mats, destination charge, and trailer hitch.
    $31275 MSRP
    $30248 total invoice by edmunds
    Dealer is is offering $29750 ($498 below invoice)

They are claiming that in lieu of the 1.9% financing that there is some $750 cash back and the above pricing reflects that discount already - we'd be paying cash.

The VW web site for our area (upper midwest) didn't mention anything about the $750 - only the 1.9% APR offer.

Any other recent experiences? Looking to close the deal on Monday.
  • connoroh75connoroh75 Member Posts: 3
    Please forgive a novice-type question, but it's been 30 yrs since I drove a VW!

As many good things as I read about the Tiguan, I can't justify the cost difference between the S and SE models, when all I'd like to have are the leatherette seats, rather than cloth.

Is it possible for a dealer to order as an accessory (or replacement part, whatever works), then replace S model seats with SE seats? More importantly, perhaps someone with VW experience could tell me if this is even a cost-effective idea.

Thanks!
  • mkupneskimkupneski Member Posts: 29
    I purchased a FWD Tiguan SE with just floor mats for $26,015 including all dealer fees. This included all rebates in lieu of the 1.9% financing.
  • madhugmadhug Member Posts: 1
    Got a lease for a Tiguan SE with body kit and Nav for $350 with $1K down at Lindsay VW in Dulles VA.

Hope this helps those looking for similar deals.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Just curious...

What sort of body kit do they put on a Tiguan?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ssedhassedha Member Posts: 4
    So when you say all dealer costs, does that exclude the Tax, but includes the Title Fees etc.???
  • minimalistminimalist Member Posts: 2
    Includes Prem nav and Dynaudio, rubber mats and trunk liner

MSRP $38,445
    Purchase price 34,650

0% financing for 60 months

NY metro area
    :)
  • hondaman16hondaman16 Member Posts: 19
    OTD (before tax, title & doc fees) = $25k
    This is with manufacturer to dealer cash of $1250

Is this a good deal?
    :)
    What's the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP is $27,830 which includes Destination charge ($820) and Tiguan Mat Kit ($235)
    :blush:
    Sorry but let me sum this up in one message:

Offer $25000 excluding tax, title and doc fees PLUS 0% financing 60 months
    MSRP $27830 including Destination ($820) and Tiguan Mat Kit ($235)

Is this a good deal? Thx
  • adamvwadamvw Member Posts: 5
    Any VW dealer starts the ordering? I like the new LED daytime running light. Youtube has some cool videoes from AskaVWsalesguy. What about the pricing? is it going to be invoice price or msrp? I remember 2011 redesign Touareg was a very hot sale that dealers didn't even have any on the lot in the first couple months.
  • a4000a4000 Member Posts: 9
    Looking at 2011 SEL 4Motions (MSRP $36,145) w/ 0% for 60 months.

Getting price quotes around $35,000 right now. Seems a little high to me for a car which will be replaced in a few weeks or months with a new model. I understand I would be saving thousands with the 0% offer.

Anyone have any recent buying experiences? Thanks.
  • zachman1zachman1 Member Posts: 19
    Just purchased 2011 SE with NAV/Sunroof in NJ. 66 month loan with no interest. Total negotiated price with tax and other fees included, $34,200. No money down deal. Great vehicle.
  • hanxeahanxea Member Posts: 1
    just curious about the 2012 Tiguan price.
    Based on the website comments, people say price is same as 2011.
    My experience with dealer is not very good.
    Best price I got for 2012 SE Base Model is 30000 OTD.
    ANY COMMENT?
  • eadinardoeadinardo Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased 2012 SE w/ Sunroof and Nav $29,500 in NC... Good luck! LOVE the SUV!
  • vivian314vivian314 Member Posts: 1
    Hi hanxea, i am looking for exactly the same tiguan as yours, and I am in NC too.Is the price including tax and everything? Which dealship in NC is it from? Thanks.
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    Just closed this deal in tristate area:

2012 Tiguan SE - All Wheel Drive - 4 Motion
    Panoramic Roof
    Navigation
    VW All Weather Mats and Cargo Liner/Blocks Kit
    $279 Total Out Of Pocket & $418.00/month includes TAX and 10K mi/yr 36 months

Happy Holidays Carman & Members and thx for all you do!
    Nice car...

Which Tri-State area?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• denkigroovedenkigroove Member Posts: 2
    In Houston, I was offered a choice of $29,250 drive out for the SE, or $31,350 drive out for the SE w/ sunroof and navi package. Should I try to go down a bit more? Has anyone found a better offer?

Also they even just got in one SEL premium navi with a backup camera, rare right? Offered $3k off sticker, but that price point is much too high for me.
  • thunderkats21thunderkats21 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I wanted to know if this a good deal?
    Quoted for by the dealer:

MSRP: $35,030
    Before - Tax & Fees: $32400
    OTD: $34800

Thanks
  • sharavatarsharavatar Member Posts: 24
    Hi,
    Is $29500 OTD price or only car price? thanks.
  • donedeal81donedeal81 Member Posts: 1
    A dealer on the Central Coast (CA) offered this quote on the 2012 Tiguan SE w Sunroof & Navigation. Does anyone have any thoughts if it's good enough to jump in?

MSRP $31345.00 + tax,lic,fees
    Invoice $30124.00 + tax,lic,fees
    My Price $28524.00 + tax,lic,fees (Note: This is Cash Price)
    Tax $2214.87
    Fees $347.75 (registration and doc fee)
    Total OTD $31086.62

He also mentioned that this price is the Cash Price, refused to accept any counter offers...If I were to take the dealer incentive of 0.9% APR, then the price could be higher by $500 bucks.
  • harryrobertsharryroberts Member Posts: 2
    How much off MSRP or Below Invoice should I except when shopping for a 2012 VW Tiguan now the 2013 are hitting the lots? I'm look at the top-of-the-line SEL 4M w/ Prem Nav & Dyn plus option for a total of 39,960 w/dest.
  • danwithlidanwithli Member Posts: 1
    Now 2013 Tiguan is on board, the 2012 ones should be cheaper. Anyone bought or planning to buy one of 2012 styles?
  • cjeromecjerome Member Posts: 1
    I too am looking at the 2012s. How good should the deals be?
    Was looking at preowned 2011 & 2012 but if the price is good then I would check out the new.

Jerome
  • itstiitsti Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'm new here. But I just dealt with the dealer yesterday on a lease on a black 2013 S (base) no sunroof 4motion Tiguan.

originally,
    signup: 4500
    300/month

after some negotiation they showed me the math and a breakdown:
    3000 signup - 270/month - 36 months

MSRP: 27480
    residual: 60%; 16488
    term: 36
    Money factor: 0.00045
    Cash cap reduction: 2077.50
    Sale tax: 7%; 793.78
    Doc fee: 349

Any opinion on this would be great!

Thanks,
    Ivan
  • r00tshellr00tshell Member Posts: 1
    Purchased SEL 4MOTION with hitch (no wires) for 35,500 in NYC.
  • frenchguy007frenchguy007 Member Posts: 28
    I read so many good reviews about the Tiguan that this compact SUV is attractive. However I just cannot get my head around how small it is. I just don't understand VW, why would they build something that is so much smaller than all their competition. It is 5 inches shorter than the Rav4 and on cargo capacity, well not even close.

I could be easily persuaded if they built it to normal size for the category.
    Different seats for different butts... ;-)

It is small.. but, it drives so much better than the competition.. Some people put more stock in the Sport than the Utility in SUV....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• harryrobertsharryroberts Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    What sold me was the build quality, solid feel and interior design.

I drove the RAV4 with the 6 cylinder and thought it was fun but everything else didn't do it for me. The large knobs on the dash looked like they came out of a 1960 sic-fi tv show.
  • kfcyummykfcyummy Member Posts: 4

Just come back from local VW dealership, was offered $30,750 out the door with a 2014 SE appearance w/ sunroof, which is ridiculous in my mind. Anybody purchased the same trim recently? Please leave your comments, thanks in advance!

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Well, the dealer is below invoice and below TMV and that's before adding in taxes and fees (which I assume are included in your out the door price).

What Others are Paying: SE 4Motion 4dr SUV w/Appearance with no optional equipment

If my link says "no info available" try changing the zip code.

Anyone else shopping Tigs?

• jw074jw074 Member Posts: 16

Any recent prices on 2014 S 4Motion Tiguan?