Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Prius Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kyeungkyeung Posts: 9
    Do you mean $400 off MSRP? May I ask which car dealer and salesman did you buy the car from? Thx.
  • janehondajanehonda Posts: 5
    I am in San Diego. Does anyone have any feedback on whether this is a good price? I put a $500 deposit down yesterday and expect to have the car on 7/27.

Thanks!
  • tyler70tyler70 Posts: 82
    I got it from toy of huntington beach in southern ca. the salesman is Matt. I was also offer the same $400 off MSRP from toy of san juan capistrano in CA. also. I know many dealers are willing to offer at least 250 - 500 off the MSRP, especially when you are open to the color, and especially package I, II and III. good luck.
  • adkinsdwadkinsdw Posts: 3
    Took delivery of my new Prius IV this morning. Winter Grey Metallic, Dark Grey Leather. Base model, paid the sticker price. Learning the hybrid drive experience now. So far, so good. I was surprised how fun this car is to drive. Drove home on a rural road with lots of twists and turns and was amazed at how the car handles.
    :)
  • sprugg828sprugg828 Posts: 1
    I think so...this is almost exactly what I paid in Nebraska for with mats and the "Prius" bumper label. Seems these are "mandatory options" coming directly from Japan that way...so my dealer told me. He wouldn't bargain them down to be gratis add ins nor would he remove the mats and reduce the invoice price. That's why I call them "mandatory options". So yes, a good price from my perspective...not many sub-MSRP deals out there yet on 2010 models.
  • lcrewslcrews Posts: 4
    Due to the lower quality interior materials, technology, and design, the price range for a new base model Prius should be about $15,000. It is way overpriced.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Due to the lower quality interior materials, technology, and design, the price range for a new base model Prius should be about $15,000. It is way overpriced.

Compared to what?
    2009 Harley-Davidson Softail® Night, 1573.2 cc, 54 mpg, price $15,899, which is far better transportation. To its credit, the Prius is a step above a golf cart.
    this is a RIDICULOUS comparation. Apple and orange.
    have you thought about the fatal possibility in a auto collision between a Harley and a car ?
  • carsh0pprcarsh0ppr Posts: 3
    Maybe we should stick to the prices paid for new 2010 Prii and ignore the troll. I'm enthused by the less than MSRP prices people are getting!
  • We got the Bliazzard Pearl White Prius II for $369 below MSRP plus $99 processing fee, plus tax and tag fees from Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaithersburg MD. The price they have online is the price you pay. They're selling all Prius they've in stock for $369 below MSRP.
  • knopflerknopfler Posts: 2
    Though this is certainly hyperbole, I do think there is some truth to it. The Pruis is on par of the build quality of the Matrix with an expensive hybrid powertrain. They are optioning this car like a Porsche, and when you are suddenly looking at $30k because you want options like leather seats and navigation all of a sudden you're in TSX and A4 territory. I can't justify the 10k spread in options as everything is basically a bolt on creature comfort. Considering the big depreciation hit you take from things like nav and lights, I'd stick with the low end model.
  • danaeddanaed Posts: 2
    I just bought a Prius III Winter Gray for $1,100 under Sticker. I bought it on June 30th. The dealer was Copeland Toyota in Brockton Mass.
  • danaed - i am in the market for a III too in your area and have had no luck. i emailed the copeland dealership for a quote and never heard back. can you tell me how you came about such a great discount? who was your salesperson?? i am interested in the III with nav and maybe the solar package and have heard whispers that they are a few months out but not sure how true that is. any buying advice is appreciated!!
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Posts: 1,405
    Though this is certainly hyperbole, I do think there is some truth to it. The Pruis is on par of the build quality of the Matrix with an expensive hybrid powertrain. They are optioning this car like a Porsche, and when you are suddenly looking at $30k because you want options like leather seats and navigation all of a sudden you're in TSX and A4 territory. I can't justify the 10k spread in options as everything is basically a bolt on creature comfort. Considering the big depreciation hit you take from things like nav and lights, I'd stick with the low end model.

The same can be said of an A4 optioned out. A loaded one will approach the next level of luxury. Low end models always hold their value better but some people like options regardless of the car they choose. A stripped Prius has little appeal to many of us that want 50 mpg but don't want to give up features. I looked at an A4 before I bought the Prius. It's a lot smaller car than the Prius as far as seating. I couldn't even get into the rear seat without hurting myself. One try and I took it off my short list. The Prius offers flexibility the A4 cannot approach.
  • danaeddanaed Posts: 2
    I went to Copeland and Tafunkjian in Brantree. They both seemed willing to come down. I had bought my last two Toyotas from Copeland and it was the end of the month right after they came out. I bought one of the models that was on the lot. No special orders. I don't have the Nav though. It sounds like you're looking for the IV. Call Franko at Copeland. Tell him I sent you.
  • dealgirldealgirl Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I also am in the market for a Prius II. You paid $22,389.00 out the door? May I ask what all did you get on it? I was thinking about adding the security system and floor mats, thats it. You paid the sales tax once you got back to your state of residence?
  • beyondobeyondo Posts: 9
    Just bought a 2010 Prius Package II the day I called from Luther Toyota (Golden Valley). The car cost me (incl destination): $22,650. Tax, title and doc fee was extra. I got 4.19% financing for 48 months with some haggling. They offered no discounts other than $300 for every car that day, and nothing for cash vs financing. But, it was a good experience and I was amazed they had a car in stock for immediate delivery. Almost everyone else said it was 2-4 weeks wait.
    I live in Minnesota, so I paid 6.5% tax on the $22,650. I also paid the local title/doc fees. Total cost including all taxes and fees etc. was $24,500 or so.
    I forgot to add that the car has a security system and the Package II has nice floor mats. The MSRP was $22,950 (it included the floor mats for $200).
  • Went to Gatorland Toyota in Gainesville today to see about a Prius. They are marking them way up. They are adding a $5,000 mark up. The Prius II they had was priced at $29,0000! I told them I wanted to buy one but I would not pay that price. I quoted the $22,750 that I got from Edmunds and they said "Edmunds doesn't know anything". I'm willing to pay a little over MSRP but not $29,000 for a Prius II. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal in Florida?
  • psu77psu77 Posts: 13
    Go to Earl Stewart Toyota at West Palm Beach. He sells them for MSRP with no dealer processing fees and no dealer add ons. I bought mine there with zero issues and I was in and out in 45 minutes.
  • i didnt know where to put this.
    but is it worth the 3000 or more for the solar roof?
    the commericals look so good, but has anyone gotten it?

also, has anyone gotten any good deals in texas. i live in houston, and no one here is willing budge on the prices..

any help will be appreicated
  • roy2001roy2001 Posts: 62
    I live in Sacramento. I sent an email to SF Toyota and got a quote of II, $450 below MSRP. MSRP is $23170, quoted price is $22720. I guess that is not bad. Now I will ask local dealers to beat that.
  • Go to Deluca Toyota in Ocala or Coggin Toyota in Jacksonville. Both places are selling the car for MSRP. Actually, their are two sitting on the lot at Deluca Toyota in Ocala, and I got the impression those could be had for a little bit of discount.
    that is ridiculous $5000 over MSRP. the car is good but I would not pay anything over MSRP. I suggest you find another dealer or wait a little longer. I know you are in Florida and I am in California but they are selling below MSRP in Cali. I just got a pack IV fully loaded for $30200, which is $400 off the MSRP. I could have got at least a couple hundred more off but because I want white and it is a hard color to get so I had to go with only $400 off. good luck.
    I find it amusing that you are easily distracted by your political views (and you call me a troll). I owned 6 cars while in Europe that got over 50 mpg. I paid less than $10,000 for each car. My brother had an engineer that he worked with at TWA who built a turbine engine that he put in a full sized car (back in the days when a full sized car was considerably larger). It generated excessive amounts of energy that he placed on the local power grid. While hooked up to his house current, it caused his power meter to go in the negative direction. The power company owed him money each month.

The Studebaker was an outstanding automobile and the design of the Avanti was far superior to the designs of today. The reason that it did not sell was union corruption at the Molded Fiberglass Products Company in Ashtabula, Ohio, and the price. Unfortunately, at $6,000 virtually no one wanted one. Hummm, at that price, I would buy two and my wife would be thrilled with her silver and gray hair blowing in the wind.
  • kyeungkyeung Posts: 9
    Hi tyler70,

May I ask if you got a Prius IV with the SR package? Thx.
    Hi Kyeung
    yes, mine comes with SR roof and Navi in white and beige interior.. I had to search a long time for that color. If you are getting the SR, I recommend getting white exterior becasue black SR and white looks really nice. good luck
  • I am wondering about the solar roof too...I know it cools down the vehicle but does it slide open like normal moonroofs??

You do have to keep in mind that the solar package also comes with a really nice navigation system with voice recognition... so you have to take that into account with the extra 3600

I just got a quote of 25k (including 2300 for my trade-in so really 27300) on a Prius 2010 IV with solar/nav package and the all weather mats package. The only catch is its a demo model with 1000 miles on it already. Anyone know if this is a good deal??

I was originally looking at III's for the cost savings but when every dealer told me there was 6-12 week wait I kind of stopped looking because I need a new car asap. Also, most dealers were quoting me sticker, even the internet sales people which usually have more room to come down. But when this demo model turned up and was available immediately and seemed to be less than sticker of 30,429, I thought maybe I should jump on it...

Can anyone tell me if I'm getting a good deal?? I put a deposit down and I'm waiting to see if I'm approved for cash for clunkers which should knock another 4500 off, bringing my price down to 20, 500 before taxes/fees.

If it doesn't pass, I have to pay the 25k, or I can get my deposit back and move on...is this demo model worth it??