Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• Options
    driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    you're questioning time with the family based on dropping the car off at a muffler shop, plus a one hour detail, when you get realistically put $500-1000 in your bank account (FOR YOUR FAMILY)?

What hassle is that, especially considering the dividend that pays for a vacation or is a great start for a savings program for your kid's college tuition?

Heck, I'm only 275 miles form you - I'll give you $3000 sight-unseen, detail it, and turn a $3-4K profit in a week. Why should I make all the money though? It's your car!
  • Options
    butchbr73butchbr73 Member Posts: 325
    .... you don't have to do it yourself.. go visit a local pro detailer, should run ya about $150, and you double-triple your money, easily, with that investment. just doesn't make any sense?

'I wanted a good starting point for the ads'

use your edmunds/kbb/nada as a starting pt and start grinding.

Drift, I don't know, but the more I read from him, the fuzzier the picture gets! first he doesn't care what he gets, so he wants to know real world value. so he gets a ballpark figure from us, then he is unhappy b/c other ones are selling for $x,xxx... so we give him a few pointers to help him see a little more $$$, and he doesn't care, he just wants to sell it. Wow, I'm really puzzled.
  • Options
    driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    NEXT number in line, please!
  • Options
    mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    I think I can relate to the issues that have been brought up as I am currently in the process of looking for a car for my 16 yr. old son. And I wouldn't touch your Civic with a 10 foot pole!!! You listed things that are wrong. What do you think the first thing in my mind is? Hmmm, what else is wrong? It would be a HUGE waste of my time to try and negotiate a price with you. What kind of an ignoramous would pay the going rate for a car, then pay for tires, exhaust, etc.? A teenager doesn't have that kind of money.
    Believe me, the people who gave you the advice to spend a few bucks and get the things fixed are right on. Would you buy a house with known defects?
    I plan on selling my older son's 1998 Mustang with 51K miles but first I plan on bringing all the maintenance up to date and having the car professionally detailed.
    Good luck to you. You're going to need it.
  • Options
    lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    It's time for another exciting episode of "Price that Volvo!"

Today's contestant is a 1999 S70 T5 with a red exterior and tan leather insides. Having travelled the earth 61,000 miles in comfort and style, the car features the Dolby stereo, auto tranny, maintenance records from the dealer up to 45,000, even the original window sticker from a dealer in Tennessee, an engine bay you could eat out of, no real scratches, dings, dents, or anything. It's been on a local used dealer's lot for at least 60 days, maybe more. They've got it marked down to $13,900.

What sayeth the Oracle?
  • Options
    nategcollinsnategcollins Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LX
    with 25,000 miles at a used car lot.

I can't get the price down below 9,000,
    I offered up to 7,325.

What do you think?

thanks!
  • Options
    nategcollinsnategcollins Member Posts: 2
    How much more value would a comparable LXi be worth than a LX Sebring?

More specifically, a LXi leather w/47K miles
    vs. a LX w/25,000 miles (ok, not mileage comparable). Both have same engines, of course the LXi has more doo-dads.

thanks!
  • Options
    tblazer503tblazer503 Member Posts: 620
    Kinda curious how I did here...

Traded 2003 Honda Accord EX 4dr 5MT 2.4L I4 w/16k miles.
    Interior: fair(been smoked in, had some cherry burns)
    Exterior: fair(both bumpers had some minor paint damage, probably needed repaint/repair, alloys got damaged from the cables this winter, some rock chips)
    Converted back all stock.
    Gave me 15,5 for my car on a trade. Owed 17,8

Aquired: 2004 Acura TSX w/ Navi. Graphite... or something like that... that dark gray silver color. Out the door cost for the deal was financing 29,500 financed and 1400 downpayment. Included the tax, title(~300) and the protection package(all weather mats and wheel locks for like $200)...

I'm thinking it was a better than average deal, just curious what you think about it.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    if you can get a 5 speed into the T-5, I'd be interested. Althouh I do seem to recall that '99 wasn't the best year for them. (or maybe that was just the S80).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    Just to break up the Civic talk, I'm going to take a stab in the dark on this one for the heck of it.

Since my '98 T5 similarly equipped (and colored) with 20K more clicks is looking at the wrong end of $7K (putting retail in the $9500 zip code), I'd think $11,900 is about all the money on that '99.

does that got the bun warmers, too?

By the way, its due for a timing belt and tensioner change at 70K.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    oacoac Member Posts: 1,594
    Yeah, we gotta break up this ad nauseum Civic talk....

Terry, drift, etc... with more car knowledge than I can stuff into my coconut head, here is one for ya:

Wife suddenly got the itch: why not trade-in our 2003 Matrix XR (remember this car, anyone ???) for a gas-efficient 2004 Prius ? I am not that thrilled. Granted, gas is only like $2.17 for regular here in San Diego, but then how much gas-savings will a Prius give us over a 4-banger Corolla engine ? I am guessing not a whole lot more than the cost difference in such a trade-in.

So here are the specs:

2003 Matrix XR, auto, white/charcoal, cloth int., sport package (moonroof, fogs, body moulding, etc), brand new tires <1 month old (slight upgrade from 215 to 225 Michelins), 25K miles (we do use of roadways here in So Cal). Some invasion of fries by the kids, a couple scratches on the bottom lip of the front mouldings (darn too close to the ground these mouldings are :)

Here is the bad. 4 months ago, a 3-month pregnant teenager took a dislike to the Trix, and in a fit of road-rage, decided to plant her right foot into the rear passenger quarter panel, leaving a huge dent. Repair through my insurance was $1000 or so. I said no way. Will fix myself, but haven't had time to take care. I will spend the 200 nicks to get it done.

So what can we expect to get for a trade-in or retail on this car ? I'm going to give it a nice detail, in-and-out, with all service records (reg oil change, even a 15K service (rip-off) on the front seats.

What say yee all on this ? Oh the wife wants a Prius. Haven't found a dealership that has one on their lot, and the list of people grows everyday. One dealer told me his list runs 150+ people deep. Geez !

Another ?: Does anyone know where I can get a Prius within a month in So Cal, anyone know where to go ?
  • Options
    I bet you can get that matrix brand new 2004 for about 18K (MSRP ~20K?.) So, a less than pristine '03 with 25 clicks is going to get whacked.

I just play this game for fun, but I guess 11K trade, put a fat daddy 5-liner in the paper asking $12,999. Of course, wait for the pros to finish the back 9 and weigh in.

Anyway, it will take you a long time to make up the difference with gas savings. Just the Ca. taxes along will probably take a decade to recoup.

• Options
    Yup...cold weather pack, trip computer, the whole 9 yards.

I wouldn't touch a '99 S80 with a ten foot pole, but I think most of the bugs with the 70 series were in '98.

A T-5 5 speed in this area, while I'm sure they exist, are only slightly less common than, say, hen's teeth.
  • Options
    dbgindydbgindy Member Posts: 351
    Is he working off his blackjack debt as a greeter in Lost Wages? Is he working undercover for the Coast Guard patrolling the waters between the US and Cuba to intercept Fidel who's trying to slip into the US to get a decent beard trimmer? Is he on the golf course with OJ looking for the killer????? Or is he just working to darn hard at his office? Stay tuned.....

Duncan
  • Options
    akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    Terry isn't up here buying up the cars, they are still on the lots collecting snow.
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,268
    Here are the results from my attempts to unload my Jetta in the Louisville, Kentucky area. As you might recall, it was a 1999 Jetta GLS VR6 (new body style) with alloys, slider, heated leather, automatic, and a whopping 91,000 miles. Terry said high 5's, low 6's on trade-in, and that was very close. Thanks, Terry! You provide an extremely helpful service here.

First stop, Carmax: Inspected the car and offered $6700. About what I expected--high miles just kill the value because the car will have to go to the auction. Received much, much praise on the good condition of the car. Very relaxed, professional atmosphere. Everything is computerized.

Second stop, Bachman VW: Did not inspect the car. Jeff Pence, the general sales manager, first told me he had no use for the car, then told me to put an ad in the classifieds, then offered $2500. What a jerk! Way to treat someone who spent over $1000 at your service department last year, and who, with a little prodding, would have been willing to give VW another go.

Third stop, Sam Swope: Offered a ballpark figure of $6400 without conducting an inspection. Not nearly as professional as Carmax.

I sold the car to Carmax and they had a bank draft ready in 30 minutes. The whole experience was absolutely painless, and their customer service and people skills are top-notch. This is the way it should be!
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Jumping in late here.

Why do you think your civic needs shocks? Did some chain store tell you that? Shocks and struts on Hondas RARELY if ever wear out. Even after 150,000 they are usually fine.

First impression are what will sell your car. Looks are everything. If there are problems, a moochy buyer will use them is fodder to grind the last nickle out of you even though they have no plans to fix those things like they'll tell you they will.
  • Options
    thelthel Member Posts: 767
    The car is a 2000 base Miata with 58,000 miles that has been on their lot since before Thanksgiving 03. Red with black top, 5-speed, power windows, not locks, cd/cassette. They're asking $11,933

My trade is a 2004 Matrix XRS, 7,100 miles, 6-speed, cd-changer, moonroof, 17" wheels...pretty much every option except the DVD Nav system (no automatic available).

I told them I'd take the Miata and $7,000 for my Matrix. The salesman was quite flumoxed (sp?) by my car b/c they didn't have 04's in his NADA and Black Book guides. He called the Toyota dealer (don't know what he said) and said that he'd have to shop my trade around and that he'd call me tomorrow (Saturday)...we'll see.

Somewhat funny BTW...after we left the Mazda dealer, I took my Matrix to the Toyota dealer to drop it off to have the under-shifter storage hoo-ha fixed. On of the salesmen at the Toyota store mentioned to my wife about how they don't see many XRS 6-speeds at their store and the ones they DO see don't last long...I wonder if this will work to my advantage......

Anyway, Terry, do you think my offer was fair? I'd put another $1,000 on the table if I had to but I figured I'd start with a great deal vs and good deal.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    Didn't you just sell a Miata?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    I was just quoted $14,000 for a black 2001 2-door EX Honda Accord w/ a MT, black leather interior. The car has 49,000 miles on it and would come with the 12month/12,000 mile BTB warranty and 100,000 mile powertrain warranty for a certified Honda. It seemed to be in great shape inside and out with no excessive signs of wear and tear. Is this a good deal, or how much more should I try to get the price down?
  • Options
    celkancelkan Member Posts: 27
    Anyone care to give an informed opinion about how the new Chrysler 300C is likely to hold its value? That's one concern I have about maybe buying one. Otherwise it sounds like the best American car to come along in a long time.
  • Options
    rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
  • Options
    ...... Nobody can "really" guess a value on a vehicle 20/40 months down the road .. the market changes, designs, how many are built, customers wants and needs .... that being said, if I was to give a "ballpark" - a zipcode - "a stab in the dark", I would just take the current 300M's and use that as a future reference and that will depend on options, miles, condition, color and what region of the country .......... :) .... there ya go, just a guess.

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... ** Is he on the golf course with OJ looking for the killer????? **

Actually, I was on a golf course with Jayson Williams looking for another "accident" victim .l.o.l....

Terry.
  • Options
    ....... Repost that info ......

Terry.
  • Options
    It's time for another exciting episode of "Price that Volvo!"

Today's contestant is a 1999 S70 T5 with a red exterior and tan leather insides. Having travelled the earth 61,000 miles in comfort and style, the car features the Dolby stereo, auto tranny, cold weather pack, maintenance records from the dealer up to 45,000, even the original window sticker from a dealer in Tennessee, an engine bay you could eat out of, no real scratches, dings, dents, or anything. It's been on a local used dealer's lot for at least 60 days, maybe more. They've got it marked down to $13,900.

What sayeth the Oracle?
  • Options
    bdemasbdemas Member Posts: 51
    A local dealer (Charleston, SC) has an 03 Camry LE with 17k. It has a v6, security system and alloy wheels, beyond that, it is pretty basic (automatic, pw, pl, pseat) no slider. The front tires are down to the wear bars, the back are about half gone. It is light blue. The car was bought (I think at auction) in Jacksonville, FL. They are asking 21435. What are these going for at auction? What would be a realistic purchase price for a car like this?

The salesman had a poster outside his office comparing a Camry to an Accord, the Camry's price was 20235. I asked why a new one is cheaper, his reply: because this one is certified it is worth more.

TIA
    Bill
  • Options
    jlawrence01jlawrence01 Member Posts: 1,757
    Terry and others,
    Another car to sell (and perhaps the last of the year).
    2001 Pontiac Bonneville SE Sedan
    3.8 Litre 3800 series 8 V-6
    Dark Bronzemist metallic exterior
    Taupe interior
    Dual Airbags
    Remote keyless entry
    Leather wrapped steering wheel
    Leather bucket seats
    Air conditioning with dual zone
    AM/FM Stereo with cassette and CD
    Traction Contro;
    Rear Spoiler and fog lamps
    Rally gages and tachometer
    On Star
    Interior - very clean
    Exterior - no dings or dents BUT .....
    A deer ran into the passenger side of the car a few months back denting both doors and the front and rear fenders (and survived).
    Took it to the best body shop in the area and they did a great job. I can't tell where the damage was but I don't look at a thousand cars a week.
    Two questions:
    1) If I sent it to the auctions, what can I expect to see for it??
    2) What would be the retail on this car?
    I may bid on the car also. It is a sweet ride.
    58k miles
    Chicagoland area
  • Options
    20992099 Member Posts: 63
    Just a repost and update. My uncle just bought a 01 Grand Marquis (in first post I thought it was another Crown Vic) with 16K and is REALLY happy with it. Don't know what he paid. Needed to sell his white 93 Crown Victoria, white, LX loaded, 66K, very, very clean. He was asking $3500 and I wanted to know if that was fair for all. He turned down 2,800, then 3,000. Talked to him last night and someone showed up and paid the $3500 on the spot. No questions asked. In fact the guy was afraid it would be gone by the time he went to the bank for the cash. He was practically willing to leave his kid as a deposit for 15 minutes while he ran to the bank. Car is in St. Pete, Fla. and I think he did okay, especially since everybody is happy. Hope you got some R&R while you were gone Terry. Thanks for all you do here.
  • Options
    Yep...what a mistake that was!
  • Options
    The car is a 2000 base Miata with 58,000 miles that has been on their lot since before Thanksgiving 03. Red with black top, 5-speed, power windows, not locks, cd/cassette. They're asking $11,933

My trade is a 2004 Matrix XRS, 7,100 miles, 6-speed, cd-changer, moonroof, 17" wheels...pretty much every option except the DVD Nav system (no automatic available).

I told them I'd take the Miata and $7,000 for my Matrix. The salesman was quite flumoxed (sp?) by my car b/c they didn't have 04's in his NADA and Black Book guides. He called the Toyota dealer (don't know what he said) and said that he'd have to shop my trade around and that he'd call me tomorrow (Saturday)...we'll see.

Somewhat funny BTW...after we left the Mazda dealer, I took my Matrix to the Toyota dealer to drop it off to have the under-shifter storage hoo-ha fixed. On of the salesmen at the Toyota store mentioned to my wife about how they don't see many XRS 6-speeds at their store and the ones they DO see don't last long...I wonder if this will work to my advantage......

Anyway, Terry, do you think my offer was fair? I'd put another $1,000 on the table if I had to but I figured I'd start with a great deal vs and good deal.
  • Options
    chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    2003 Porsche Carrera (C2) not the big dawg
    6000 miles Blk/Blk 6speed
    Greenville, SC
    Technic Pkg (Xenons, Bose, Pwr Seats)
    18" wheels
    Spoiler
    Haevn't seen it but owner states it is "flawless"

might buy this weekend if everything looks right
    listed for $62,900 by private party

what's fair for both sides?

thanks Terry et al
    frank

ps - that C4S sold right after I left the dealer. The guy traded in his C2 for $60000 then they called me later that day saying they would sell me his traded-in C2 for $1500 over their cost at $69,000. I laughed and politely said no thank you. Unfortunately it's all about the money these days. So sad.
  • Options
    jhammer22jhammer22 Member Posts: 8
    It has sunroof and leather (XLS) platinum edition and is in very good condition. Installing new front struts and mounts this weekend. No problems and clean title. 133000 miles and I am the second owner. Was registered and owned by the same people for 131000 miles. Just got it, but thinking about trading it in on a new van by the end of the month. Any thoughts as to what trade in is worth? Car is very nice in and out. Located in Iowa zip 50021.

What about deals on 04 honda odyssey EX cloth. Anybody have any idea what's fair around invoice. Seems as if a lot of people are getting them around -200 to +500 invoice. thanks

Jason
  • Options
    cstowecstowe Member Posts: 101
    OK...in my quest for a more "responsible and baby-friendly" sedan I have a line on a Silver 2003 Acura TL with a spoiler and slider wind deflector but no navi, no Type-S and 10,500 mi here in beautiful Tulsa, OK

basically a "base" TL but the only option in 2003 was the nav

The salesman said it was a recent trade from an older gentleman who got a new 04 TL

He is hitting me at 25,900 WITH a Acura Certification included.

Given a choice I would really rather have the Type-S and the Navi but they are just not as common and I would like to do something with 1-2 months.

Terry, what say you?
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    If resale is important to you and it sounds like it is, I sure wouldn't buy a Chrysler!!
  • Options
    sounds like my car (a 2001 red/black base), but I have 44K on it, new sneaks and a full tune-up. And if someone showed up with $11,933 in a paper bag I would probably give them the keys and title, and the name of my chiroprator.

Of course, today could be the first day that it will hit 70 since I bought it, so that might make me change my mind.

I love the convertible, but just kinda need more room, so I'm considering flipping 2 cars (Miata and Maxima) into a 4 seat convert than can serve as my only car.

• Options
    What is on the short list?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Hey Thel.... why are you selling an 2004 car already? Did you not like it? And, then buying a four year old two seater?

Just curious, Mark156
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • Options
    Also, local Toyota dealer recently had one in it's ad. An '04, XRS 6-speed, roof, etc. Not sure of the miles, but it was listed at $17,500 (I believe certified).

• Options
    Well, the BMWs are nice, but pricey. SAABs ditto (for the new ones), and I don't care for the old style. The Sebring would do the job, but I can't get too excited about it, although I do know where there is a nice 2002 GTC 5-speed (yes they exist)with about 17,000 for sale.

Bug and PT cruiser I couldn't see myself driving, Mustang is too old and small.

The new Solara looks nice and is a good value, but I would have to resign myself to an automatic.

The upcoming C40/50 Volvo could be perfect. Wonder when it will actually arrive?

Any other suggestions?

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,955
    a slightly used C70 'vert is a good buy, IMHO. And the new mustang is not too far away.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    I drove the Audi A4 Cabriolet, and it was really nice, but in the same boat with the BMW and Saab. Plus, it really gets up there if you want the six and the quattro.

I kind of liked the C70, but it is getting pretty long in the tooth.. Of the others, I guess the Solara would be my choice, but I think they made a big mistake by not doing a hard shell to cover the top. Having to put a boot on is a pain, and it looks unfinished if you don't.

Desirable four-seat convertibles aren't cheap. That is why I wondered what you were looking at. Even used, they are outrageously priced.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cstowecstowe Member Posts: 101
    Terry,

The I35 is also on my radar...the local Infiniti dealer (Tulsa) just brought back three 2002 models from auction, all of them are silver with black skins, slider and have 30-33K. I have asked for a detailed list of options but I know that none of them have navi...probably the most i can hope for is bun warmers. As you know, the I35 is a pretty loaded car in standard (base) trim so I don't mind.

I have not driven any of them yet but have seen the outside and all look nice...the dealer will not Infiniti certify any Infiniti car...so no upcharge there.

What do you think they got them for at auction, what price should I hit him at, and what is fair for both?
  • Options
    I can't comment on the deal, but I thought I would interject my comments on the S70. In 1999, the S70 is probably a good bet. You were right to say that the S80 was a bad bet, as it was a new model. Still, as with any European car, it would be helpful to have a good Euro mechanic on call...
  • Options
    Here are the results from my attempts to unload my Jetta in the Louisville, Kentucky area. As you might recall, it was a 1999 Jetta GLS VR6 (new body style) with alloys, slider, heated leather, automatic, and a whopping 91,000 miles. Terry said high 5's, low 6's on trade-in, and that was very close. Thanks, Terry! You provide an extremely helpful service here.

First stop, Carmax: Inspected the car and offered $6700. About what I expected--high miles just kill the value because the car will have to go to the auction. Received much, much praise on the good condition of the car. Very relaxed, professional atmosphere. Everything is computerized.

Second stop, Bachman VW: Did not inspect the car. Jeff Pence, the general sales manager, first told me he had no use for the car, then told me to put an ad in the classifieds, then offered $2500. What a jerk! Way to treat someone who spent over $1000 at your service department last year, and who, with a little prodding, would have been willing to give VW another go.

Third stop, Sam Swope: Offered a ballpark figure of $6400 without conducting an inspection. Not nearly as professional as Carmax.

I sold the car to Carmax and they had a bank draft ready in 30 minutes. The whole experience was absolutely painless, and their customer service and people skills are top-notch. This is the way it should be!
  • Options
    Luckily, I've got a good Euro mechanic. If I can convince Mrs. Lance that this is a good idea, this S70 would replace my current '89 Volvo 740. (my mechanic's a nice guy, but lately I've been seeing him entirely too often...)
  • Options
    qwallsqwalls Member Posts: 406
    Columbus Ohio area.

'99 Lexus LS400, black on tan. moonroof, heated seats, CD changer, HID lights, 50% tinted windows. Decent condition, no accidents according to carfax, but paintwork on the right rear door. There is a scratch (about 1") on the right rear quarter panel. Typical stone chips on the front. Clean interior except for a carpet stain under the left rear floor mat. 40k miles, and still running great. I don't know if I can give up that smooth V8, but new technology and a pristine paint job are calling to me. I need to stay away from auto shows. :-)

http://qwalls.net/images/99lexus.jpg

'93 Honda Accord SE, dark green on tan, new tires & exhaust, AC runs cold, power moonroof, windows and doors, CD changer, BOSE stereo, alarm w/ keyless entry, 150k miles, average condition for its age. Paintwork (color matches well, but easy to spot) on the hood, and left front fender and driver's door. (A deer ran into the side of the car and rolled over the hood.) Also a few problems, it will need a driver's door window track (had to do the same thing on the '91, may take a couple tries to get an airtight seal when rolling it up),the rear window defogger seems to be on the fritz (works when it wants to), and one of the speakers is blown (currently disconnected. I was thinking about $2500-3k as is, or ~$3500 if I get the items fixed? One of the potential buyers bought my last two Hondas when I sold them. Anyway, I only paid $2500 for it, so I figure worst case, I drove it 2.5 years for free. :-)

http://qwalls.net/images/93accord.jpg

Thanks Terry, and welcome back!
  • Options
    cusafrcusafr Member Posts: 184
    Terry: Have a chance to buy a 1994 Toyota P/U Truck. It is in West Texas, Red, Regular Cab, 2-WD, has only 55,000 miles on it and it is a 2.4L 4-cyl. engine, floor shift. It looks in pretty good shape, no damage, a few dings here and there.

Private sale from a friend. What would be fair to both?

Thanks,

CUSAFR
  • Options
    The dealer and I were apart by $3000. I could've given up another $1k but not $3k.

As for the why, well it's quite simple, I like Miatas and I don't like my Matrix. I thought I'd like it but as sometimes happens, I was wrong.

Unlike another poster, I can't think of any 4-seat convertibles that I'd like b/c few are RWD. Mustang is expensive and heavy. The Wrangler is cool but gas mileage alone will cost me an extra $50 or so per month over a Miata as much as I drive. Eclipse, Solara, etc are all FWD which simply won't do...that has turned out to be one of the things I hate most about my Matrix. I never thought I'd get so turned on to RWD....until I went back to FWD.
  • Options
    sounds like you are left with a previous generation (96-98) 3 series. And the maintenance costs to keep it going.