Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pasulpasul Member Posts: 2
    Also from Atlanta and quoted $29,000 on a 2007 Siena XLE (includes tax, tag, title and rebate) but does not have the Toyoguard package. Which dealer did you use for this purchase?

pasul
  • jdedmundsjdedmunds Member Posts: 13
    I need input for an XLE with leather package, especially from people with experiences in the Houston area.

1. The MSRP is $ 33,699 . The Internet "No Haggle" price is $30,488 after a $1,500 cash rebate plus tax, title, and license.

2. The msrp is $34,414.00. The Internet price, after discount and rebate, is $30,495.00.

My quotes appear to be very high after reading these posts. But the good prices seem to be offered the east or west coast, not in Houston.
  • verticalvertical Member Posts: 12
    I just purchased a 2007 XLE with package #5, auto-dim mirror, rear spoiler, carpet mat for $33,605+TTL. I chose the 0% financing over the $1,500 rebate. So potentially, it could have been as low as $32,105. MSRP was $37,743. St. Louis area. Seems consistent with TMV.
  • kag3kag3 Member Posts: 3
    I paid $23,500 + tax (drive-out price of $25,100) for a 2007 8-Passenger Sienna LE with package 2 and floor mats! Do you think that was a good price? We are in the Atlanta area.
  • siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    Sounds good to me!
  • georgiagirlgeorgiagirl Member Posts: 17
    Do you mind sharing where you made your purchase and the salesperson you worked with? I'm in the Atlanta area and would love to get the same deal. Did you negotiate via the Internet or in person?

My e-mail is
    nicole@jamesola dot com

Thanks very much.
  • tab71tab71 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a van from Lowe Toyota in Warner Robins, Ga. If you want a good deal go somewhere else. I did all my research on edmonds and thought I was prepared to negotiate. Boy was I WRONG! You would have to be a snake to negotiate with the snakes they have working up there. They claim that edmonds is off in their figures but the only example they could site is the destination charge which I think was $50.00 different. They kept us there over three hours and I left with a sick feeling that we had made a bad deal and I was right. I wish I had walked out and never looked back. I will never go there again and I advise all reading this to go elsewhere. The Toyota van I bought is awesome. I have a 15 year old with Cerebral Palsy and the van is perfect for us. I just wish my stomach didn't hurt every time I think about how they worked me over up there. :sick: I think those of us who don't have the ability to out think the fast talking, lying, conniving sales reps should be able to hire a car buying agent to work the deal for us. I would pay for that service!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, and yes that sounds good. :shades:
  • barneymbarneym Member Posts: 32
    Hi tab71,

Sorry your car buying trip sucked. In most states you have a 3-day grace period to back out of a car deal even after it closed. The dealer may have the right to charge you a nominal re-stocking or usage fee, but if you are prepared to fight the fight, you can basically return the car.

If you find that you have trouble dealing directly with people even in the face of such terrible behavior, I would encourage you to deal through internet car services like carsdirect.com (never used them, but have heard some positive stories)

Also, their are car buying agents out there, but you run the same risk as dealing with car dealers. Some are great and honest, some are slime who will steer you to a particular dealer and a bad price because they have arranged kickbacks.

I worked for a car delaer ship for 3 days years ago and learned all their dirty tricks and then quit to go sell stereos instead. But I learned enough in those 3 days that when I get pressured using the same tricks I was taught a decade ago, I just laugh in their faces.

Better luck next time.
    GeorgiaGirl, I sent you an e-mail. Please post if you did not receive it. Thanks!
  • ajinsjajinsj Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a sienna LE 7 Pass with package 3 in the bay area. I am looking for an OTD price of $26000. Do you think that is possible? BTW, I will be paying cash, so it includes the $1500 rebate.
  • lulu12lulu12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Would you send me the dealer informaiton, too? I am looking for a good deal for Sienna in Atlanta area. Thank. :)

My Email: lulustock@gmail.com
  • fboyle1fboyle1 Member Posts: 3
    thanks to all. i just purchased a xle #3 all weather mats for $29000 after rebate. i feel good about it.
  • ccc88ccc88 Member Posts: 39
    hello,
    Thanks for sharing. Does the price include tax and/or TTL?
    hello,
    what package/option is included in the price?
    thanks,
    CC
    hello,
    In the KBB website, the "price with option" for Sienna has a bluetooth option for both LE and XLE, but I never knew anyone got it in the sienna. If you do or you heard about it please share with us. thanks!
  • metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    I have an offer from dealer on the table for XLE AWD w/PKG 1. MSRP is 36,299. Selling price 30,636 which is $1,500 below Edmunds invoice w/rebate factored in. Plus TTL. Yes? No? Maybe. Will I be hit with TDA, etc., in NY or is this a 'Southeast' thing? Is this a respectable deal for this vehicle at this point. Metro NY area. Thanks, Metmdx
  • fboyle1fboyle1 Member Posts: 3
    No, no TTL.
  • caprovocaprovo Member Posts: 7
    I'm in the Rochester, NY area and am wondering what price I should be looking to get on an '07 LE with package #1. I'm looking to lease this and the local dealer is offering one with 12k miles/year, has an MSRP of $27,359 with $0 down and 0% plus no payments for 90 days (out of pocket due is the 1st payment plus acq fee of $595) for $319/month. I'd like to negotiate the selling price a bit so I'm looking for any info that will help me get the best deal.
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

What are people paying for XLE Sienna's with Option Pkg # 6. Some time ago a dealer was offering $6000 off MSRP. But not sure what is the best price with the $1500 rebate by Toyota.

In the Bay area inventory seems to be low. Might have to but Ody. BTW Sienna prices for 2008 are going to be lower than 2007 esp on XLE but not sure how to factor that into the offer
  • vaniscoolvaniscool Member Posts: 15
    I meant FWD XLE
  • pasulpasul Member Posts: 2
    Only floor mats.
  • pkavipkavi Member Posts: 2
    I just bought the exact same car in Massachusetts for $30,200 including rebate. The "out the door" price was this number plus tax, title, and license. No other markups or doc fee.

And after I finished this deal, I got a call from another dealer offering a few hundred lower. So you still have room to negotiate.
  • grahm210grahm210 Member Posts: 3
    I live in Indiana (between Louisville & Indianapolis) and am in the market for a Sienna LE, preferrably with option package 3. I would love to hash out price over the internet and not have to mess with it at the actual dealership...is this even possible? I have one dealer quote back already...he said he'd sell me any '07 at $400 over invoice (he also said that inventory is low so I feel like this will be his bargaining tool). What do you all think? Hubby does not like this kind of stuff, so it's left to me. Thanks so much for your help!!!
    PKAVI: Thanks, that's good to know. I'm debating this deal (if I can get it)vs. an '08 which I can get for 1K over invoice. I'm thinking that the roughly $2,900 dif for '07 vs. 08' doesn't make the '07 worth it at this point, but I can also get the vehicle now vs. waiting 6 weeks.
    thanks again, metmdx
  • dmv1971dmv1971 Member Posts: 1
    I used Edmunds. and Cars.com to get my quoted prices from fleet managers at various local dealerships. One fleet manager offered to sell me an 07 Sienna LE w/ Package # 2 and mats for $25, 145 out the door price, including TTL, etc.

Is this a good price? He offered it via email. I have not even made a counter offer yet. He was very responsive. I live in Orange County, California.
    I just purchased one yesterday. Sienna LE 7 Pass with package 3 and a few more things (hood protector, rear spoiler, VIP security system, Wood trim). I got it for 27K out the door (I took the 1500 rebate). For those in Bay Area, I would recommend Hayward Toyota and talk to Jeff Hershman who is the internet/fleet manager. His cell is 650 346 9080 (He is the one who gave me the good deal above). If you call him, do tell him that I (Akhil) recommended him.
    I do not know about your market, but I just bought a Sienna last week in Atlanta for $2,300 UNDER invoice. That includes the $1,500 rebate. I am not sure if your price includes the rebate or not. However, that seems a little high. The one thing that helped me drive the price down was mentioning how the 2008s are relatively cheaper (or least similarly priced with a lot of options/features). Taking into account the $1,500 rebate, I think that the 2007s are about $300 or $400 less than the 2008s. However, the huge difference between the 2007 and 2008 is the willingness of the salespeople to negotiate on the price. As I mentioned above, excluding the rebate, I was able to get $800 under invoice, but that is not going to happen on the 2008s. Good luck!
  • pkavipkavi Member Posts: 2
    metmdx,

You are choosing between two good options, so it's a matter of what is important to you.

I tend to keep cars long enough that they tend to be worth very little when I sell them, and so there would be minimal difference in residual value between an '07 and '08 (and even less in today's dollars). Therefore, saving the money up front on an '07 was an easy decision for me.

But I will miss the Bluetooth that is standard on the 08s...

pk
    Akhil,
    thanks for sharing. Is the wood trim factory or after market?
    thanks,
    Cheng
    Pkavi:

I'm waffling back and forth between '07 and '08 for precisely that reason.

I just had a dealer e-mail me a price that was 1800+ OVER invoice for the '07. I don't know whether to laugh or scream. :sick:

You would think their 'internet department' would be a little more realistic. I could see them trying that price on for size for someone walking in, but over the net ???

Negotiation is one thing, but that's ridiculous. Needless to say I won't even go near that dealer.

metmdx
    Factory installed. I thought it would not look good...but it does... :)
    Toyota posted the 2008 option and price on their website yesterday, for me the 2008 will be a better deal than 2007 since the disc brakes and VSC are now standard for all. To get XLE with leather I only need to add the option A package (less than 1000 USD)
  • allezallez Member Posts: 21
    Keep in mind that although the base price of the 2008 XLE is less, there are differences in content in addition to the inclusion of disc brakes and VSC: 6 speaker stereo instead of 10, fog lights optional, DRL optional, and tow package optional. If those do not matter to you then definitely the 2008 would be better for you.
  • bigfbigf Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i am live in orange county also, i am looking 2007 sienna LE 8-pgs with pkg2, i got a dealer offer me lower than $25,000 out door price in writing, but i try to cut to $24.500 OUT DOOR PRICE, if you want we can joit to gether to get better deal. my e-mail bigfish1994@yahoo.com
  • anchor13anchor13 Member Posts: 13
    $400 over invoice is meaningless, since you don't know what they are really paying for the car...I worked with 7 dealers in surrounding area over the Internet. But first, I went to comsumer reports and got the dealer's exact cost... I added what CR recommended would be a reasonable amount for the dealer to make, then shopped that price around... I told them what I was willing to pay for the car, are they willing to sell it at that price? Two dealers met the price...
  • grahm210grahm210 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I have to admit that I started panicking a bit because once we started contacting dealers, we discovered that around here they are pretty cleared out of their '07's. Luckily, we found a dealer in Indy who was willing to try and work out a dealer trade with a Chicago dealer. The invoice for the Sienna LE with Option 3 that we purchased was $26,580, and with the rebate, we're paying $24,680+doc+ttl. We got them down from $25,200, and since there aren't any of these vans left around here, I'm just relieved we found one with the option package we wanted and our top color choice.

We should be able to pick it up on Monday, and I can't wait! Good luck everyone!
    Good deal. I paid $25,247 for the same van back in April, so yours was worth the wait. You got lucky with color, though! ;)
  • 7seatershopper7seatershopper Member Posts: 20
    caravan2, thanks for the info and extra info. It helps.

Usually, I used to get emails whenever somebody posted a reply to my mails, but for some reason this time I did not get any email.

I'm now closer to buying LE + Pkg3 - either before 31st or during Labor Day weekend (not sure which will be cheaper - month-end or long weekend?). I'm in San Francisco Bay Area.
    mbalq, I did not see your reply till today ...

I'm looking for 7-seater LE with Package 3 and I am in North California (SF Bay Area) ... so please tell me what to do.

I am ready to buy either before month end or during Labor Day Weekend to avail the $1500 benefit.

Am having a little bit of dilemma on whether to go for 2008 model or not, but I think the 2007 may win in the discount vs depreciation battle. Plan to keep it at least for 3-5 years and more likely 10-15 years.

Looking forward to what advise you have for me. My plan was to email 10-15 dealers... and then call the best 3 back and forth.
  • basketbbasketb Member Posts: 19
    We got an offer for a Sienna XLE FWD w/ package 4 for $29,000 + ttl. I also got an offer for a similar Sienna but additionally with a rear spoiler and a hood protector for $29,200 + ttl. On paper the second offer looks better but we don't really care for the additional stuff.
    In any case, is $29,000 a good deal for the 2007 Sienna XLE w/package 4 or could we do substantially better? (as a point of reference, other offers in our area were at least $500 - $700 more, some even seem to not include the $1500 rebate ;-( )
    Thanks.
    Here are the details on the best offer I've gotten on the 2008 Limiteds that are due to arrive on the lot any day now:

2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD

HZ – Laser Cruise Control / HID Headlamps
    QL – Limited EVP #2 Package (NAV / DVD / JBL / Backup Camera / 115V Outlets / Bluetooth)
    RL – Daytime Running Lights
    TO – Tow Prep Package
    CF – Carpet Floor mats and Door Sill Protectors

MSRP: $41,919
    Sale Price: $36,532

Other Dealer Installed Options w/costs
    XM Radio - $430
    Mudflaps - $178
    Cargo net - $35

Price w/ extras: $37,175

Closing Costs:
    $250 Doc Fee
    5% Mass Tax
    $86 for new MA Plates

Out the door price: $39,370

I'm a little nervous since Invoice on the 2008's is not yet available, but this is $5,100 under MSRP so my guess is that it is a decent deal.

If anyone has the inside scoop in invoice pricing for this 2008 model, I'd love to hear about it before I take delivery. ETA on this vehicle is 8/31.
    kbb already published the invoice price for 2008 sienna.. check it out..
    Thanks. So here is the break-down on my configuration:

MSRP: $42,490
    Invoice: $37,856
    Offer: $37,175

Now that I have invoice, I'm psyched on the deal. Can't wait to pick it up.
  • carandvancarandvan Member Posts: 4
    Hi all
    I want to buy a Toyoto Sienna XLE FWD. I'm in Northern California. Can anybody let me know the best price running in the region so far. Couple of weeks back I got a quote for a LE 8 seater pkg 1 for 24850 OTD. I decided to go for a XLE now. But need your inputs. Please help...looking to buy very soon
    hello
    I am in North Cal and want to buy an XLE too. We wanted to buy 2007 XLE with package #3 but only get quote on XLE with package 4. I therefore decided to wait for the 2008 XLE with package #1. What kind of option/package are you looking for?
    I am in the bay area. email chengchu88@gmail.com
    Yes it does sound like a great deal. Did the dealer tell you when the 2008 will arrive? I hope I can be as lucky in North Cal.
  • cllfcllf Member Posts: 1
    Hi I am buying a new 2007 Le 8 passenger with either package 1 or 2. I want the acessory package and alloy wheels. I have a price quote of 25,000 without tag title and tax. Any help will be great!
    I got a quote from my work-related buying service for:

2007 7-pass FWD Sienna LE + Pkg #3 for $26,320 - $1500 Rebate = $24,820 (MSRP 29374)
    2008 7-pass FWD Sienna LE + Pkg #2 + Alloy Wheels + DRL for $25621 (MSRP 27,669)

The 2008 is only $800 more.

Should I go for the 2008 model?
    Why is the MSRP of the 2008 model so much lower than 2007 model?
    Is it missing some features?

Any other information on what changed in 2008 LE model will be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. This is in North California (SF Bay) Area.
    Just a note: do not pay extra for DRLs, it's just a matter of inserted a fuse. Seriously, the mod is well documented on Sienna forums dot org. Dozens of people have added DRLs using the spare fuse, so it doesn't even cost a penny.