2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    You may find some even better offers as the weekend approaches (end of month holiday weekend) although selection can vary as well (I bought my Odyssey at the end of April and the dealer sold six Odyssey EX-L's in the course of 24 hours. lets just say there was a lot of Silver vans left and not much else).

As for financing, we would need more info (credit score, outstanding debts, debt to income ratio) to determine what type of finance rate you can expect. But, if your credit union wont touch the loan that is a bad sign. Most car dealers are not going to be your friend when it comes to financing the vehicle if you have a lower credit score or a high debt to income ratio. Are there some local banks you can shop around at to get preapproved? This would help when it comes time to finance and the dealer may match the preapproved rate.

Checkout Bankrate.com for some local area auto rates and banks.
  • Options
    edsnooperedsnooper Member Posts: 2
    The price was $26700 + freight + Tax + Tags
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    If you don't want the vehicle I would suggest you scream about fraud just as loud as you possibly can.
  • Options
    The most anyone should pay? I would rather think that your formulation is the absolute least anyone should (or could) pay.

Please tell all of the readers here just where such a deal can be done.
  • Options
    dwh522dwh522 Member Posts: 4
    Actually, I am the other one interested in the Ocean Mist. Basically, I tried to get them to accept $25,000 and they came back with $25,510. I am sure he will give you the same price. If not, I got the same price for the Ocean Mist down at Colonial. I tried to get colonial to throw in some accessories to make them more competitive with West Broad but they told me they could not. Not sure how much they need to make on this van, but as it stands they are making over $1000 at $25,500. I am tempted to wait until next Monday or Tuesday to see if they get desperate to move vans before the end of the month, but my wife is not too happy with this idea. She is in a hurry to get this over with. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jenkinsismejenkinsisme Member Posts: 30
    Yes, I would laugh at you also. I mean get realistic about it folks. A good deal is one thing, but every business has to make a profit in order to keep doing business honestly. And don't expect any favors from a dealer when you expect to purchase a vehicle at cost. Where does the full tank of gas come from? Where does the money come from to pay the clean up guy to detail it for you? Do you think the salesperson is going to do his job free of charge? I mean some money has to be made in order to do these things so be realistic in your expectations. Most dealers are going to get irritated if you start talking about taking money from holdback anyway. Find the van that you want and make the purchase at a fair price and quit jerking people around. Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but it's the reality of the business. Good luck and enjoy the van. It is a great automobile.
  • Options
    laff66laff66 Member Posts: 8
    Got lots of good info on this board and used it in our purchase, so thought I'd add our experience for others.

EXL with RES for 29,400, including dest, in Frisco, TX. This included the standard add-ons (wheel locks, mud flaps, cargo tray, etc), and the goofy sunroof visor, which I told them they could remove and keep, but they left it on. TT&L was obviously extra.

I originally asked for $28900 via email, and they "kind of" agreed. I think I could have held out for it, but our sales person was GREAT, and I actually didn't feel bad paying a little more...
  • Options
    linhmanlinhman Member Posts: 5
    Could anyone please let me know the fair price for the following accessories on the EX: Fog Light, Cross Bar, and Air Deflector?

• Options
    sveersveer Member Posts: 1
    Could you please tell which dealership you got this deal from? I live around the same area.
  • Options
    Try this site (there are others as well) to get good pricing on genuine Honda parts and accessories. Sometimes local dealers will price match, sometimes they won't..

Honda Accessories
  • Options
    skhoslaskhosla Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

I am getting a price quote of 28,200 (including dest but excluding TTL) for EXL with DVD (no dealer added options). I believe this is about 1500 below invoice. Should I go for this price?

Thanks
  • Options
    rreed2rreed2 Member Posts: 4
    I started getting bids this week for EX-L w or w/o RES and NAV for anywhere b/w $500-$1000 above invoice in the Puget Sound area. Not that great, considering that people around the rest of the country are getting them at least $500-$1000 below invoice.
  • Options
    I would jump on that deal... Make sure you get the out the door (OTD) price as well to make sure there are no hidden fees. That is a really good deal.

One more question, how many miles are on the odometer?

Good Luck!
  • Options
    duperduper Member Posts: 127
    I am getting a price quote of 28,200 (including dest but excluding TTL) for EXL with DVD (no dealer added options). I believe this is about 1500 below invoice. Should I go for this price?

I agreed with dc_driver. That is a great deal. Sign it and drive it home.
  • Options
    sanvansanvan Member Posts: 21
    Hi, Atuzai:

Can you please post your final settlement with Penske Honda here or, send me an email about it.

Is that bodyshop job maor, or minor?

Thanks for your helpful information.

--sanvan
  • Options
    I should say, that's a great deal. I am asking this price in southern california, and none of them will honor me that price.

Is it supposed the southern california is the lowest price around country wide for Japanese Car? My former Toyota dealer told me that. How about the Honda?

Thanks
  • Options
    mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    Hello,
    What city did you buy the Honda? I would call Honda's HQ and more for what they did was mis-represent a product. I would also call the attorney general in the state you live.
  • Options
    laff66laff66 Member Posts: 8
    David McDavid in Frisco. I know we cant give names, so if you email the internet manager, you'll probably get the same guy I did, and he was GREAT to deal with. Very straightforward with zero pressure.
  • Options
    I am thinking of the extended warranty(from dealer) for a new Odyssey EXL+RES. Is that really needed? Can some experienced friend give me some advice here?

If it is needed, how much should be great?(i.e. 2 more years waranty).

Thanks for your help information.
  • Options
    The question you should answer is how long do you plan on keeping the van? The standard warranty is pretty good:
    3yrs/36K miles bumper to bumper
    5yrs/60K miles powertrain

If you are someone who keeps their vehicles eight or more years and puts on considerable mileage the extended warranty may be worth the piece of mind and spread out over eight to ten years does not cost too much.

Personally, I have only purchased an extended warranty once, and did not even use it. I just don't believe in them since I rarely keep a car more than 6 years or 60/70K. But that is just me :)

If you do decide to purchase one, make sure it is a Honda Care Extended Warranty (not a third party warranty) and also shop around online. Usually you can find them much cheaper than the dealer and it is the same warranty.
  • Options
    ashburyashbury Member Posts: 9
    What dealer are you working with? Also, are they charging you any additional fees other than TTL?
    thanks
  • Options
    Hi, dc_driver:

Appreciate your information. Actually, we plan to keep this car for about 8 years.

I read a lot of you post before. Thanks for all your helpful information and logical analisys.

Regards
  • Options
    Your welcome :)

Good luck. With the RES package, and you keeping your Odyssey 8 years, the extended warranty might make sense...

As vehicles have more and more moving parts, convenience features, and electronic components, the chance in them having costly repairs down the road increases.
  • Options
    yet35yet35 Member Posts: 2
    hi folks,
    first off, i've found these forums extremely valuable when car shopping. thanks!

we went today to drive the sienna and the odyssey back to back. there is one dealer (frank gentile) in the milwaukee area that has them both, so we went there. but we had not planned on discussing price. after we had decided on the ody ex-L with NAV and RES (we eliminated the touring b/c of the run flat tire issue discussed elsewhere on edmunds forums), the salesman, of course, tried to get us to buy one on the spot. we were curious to see what price he would have, so we humored him.

without us really trying the manager brought the price down to 29873 (incl dest) + TTL. obviously, i was a little surprised that he dropped it that far below invoice without much discussion. this would = 31703 OTD. is this a good price, or should we start negotiating with other dealers??
    thanks,
    sb
  • Options
    jenkinsismejenkinsisme Member Posts: 30
    It's simple. Do you feel that it's a fair price? If so, then purchase it from the place that makes you feel most comfortable. In most cases, all dealers will sell you the vehicles for around the same prices. So what if one is a little higher than another if they are a better place to do business. The salesperson is most definitely getting paid a minimum which is going to be between $50 and $100. Don't spend one salesperson's time and then go and purchase somewhere else over a few bucks. If it's fair, give the people you like best the last chance. Just my opinion. I know others have different opinions, but just keep in mind that if you take up a salesperson's time and then purchase somewhere else over a negligible amount of money, it is really costing them time as well as money. No sale = no money. Most (not all) salespeople are going to do the best that they can to help you.
  • Options
    A Hondacare extended warranty is not a bad choice on an R&N Odyssey if you are going to keep the vehicle for awhile. The in-dash nav unit (parts price only) is almost 5K.
  • Options
    Great price on an R&N there in Milwaukee. Buy it without giving it a second thought if it's the vehicle you want.
  • Options
    s65s65 Member Posts: 54
    Try DCH Acad. Honda in NJ on RT 9 .
    They offered me that very deal.

(INV - Dealer Cash - Holdback)

Also there Doc fee is only $129.

Only thing was you had to take the Pro Package for $300 which was already on the car.
    I passed b/c I know I can do even better, but many on this forum pay much more without getting the PRO package.
  • Options
    jaedleejaedlee Member Posts: 59
    I'm looking to buy Odyssey EX-L RES and NAVI in torrance, CA or Los Angeles area... anyone get a real good deal on this car in my area? Would appreciate any help.
  • Options
    charlos1charlos1 Member Posts: 7
    What dealership quoted you the $28,200 price?

I too am in the market for a Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ Rear Entertainment / DVD --- and in the San Francisco Bay Area. Could you tell me where you received the price quote of $28,200 (including dest but excluding TTL) for EXL with DVD (no dealer added options)? Were you limited in colors or anything else? (I've received internet pricing of $28,996.)
  • Options
    Wow, that is a tremendous deal! The invoice pricing on an EX-L w/NAV&RES is $31,673 (including destination). That mean you are getting the van for $1800 under invoice...

That is a great deal and it sounds like you had a good dealer experience as well.

Keep us posted and good luck.
  • Options
    strumblestrumble Member Posts: 2
    I got an EXL RES for 30,000 with a cargo tray and an extra key. The price I was originally quoted was $30,290 which included the appearance package (they say is worth 200.) During "negotiating" the salesman made some comments that really left a bitter taste with me. Instead of being happy about the new van, I couldn't wait to leave.

The salesman said they couldn't negotiate with accessories.. but they ended giving me that cargo tray that they were willing to sell for $132.

Out the door price 32,121.

I got the ocean mist...was disappointed with the silver pinstriping. They placed it very high...about 1/4 inchefrom the bottom of the window. And the silver just doesn't show well on the blue.
  • Options
    duperduper Member Posts: 127
    What dealership quoted you the $28,200 price?

Sorry Charlos1, my bad. It was 29,200 that they quoted me. It was Autowest Honda Fremont.

Palo Alto Honda had one for 28,900 though.

But price you have is very a good price.
  • Options
    As I said in response to your original post, please tell where such a deal is available. So far you haven't.
  • Options
    chirpchirp Member Posts: 194
    Run, don't walk back to that dealer and buy it. I picked up my Touring RES/NAVI(I like runflats...) for $1500 UNDER invoice last week. There are good deals in the Midwest right now, and prices well below invoice seem to be the norm. We must be fortunate or just have a lot of available Odysseys. Mine came from O'Hare Honda, Des Plaines.
  • Options
    Got another EX-L RES (DVD) price quote of $28,700 including destination charge. San Leandro Honda. Anybody getting better pricing? Now everybody, please wait a couple of days before purchasing so I can at least get a selection of colors. Thanks!
  • Options
    rreed2rreed2 Member Posts: 4
    I ended up with a EX-L with RES and NAV for invoice +$400. This included $400 worth of accessories (splash guards, wheel locks, fenderwell trim, etc). I feel this was a pretty good deal for the Puget Sound area, but compared to the rest of the country, I'm losing out. The best quote I got for the entire Pacific Northwest was at Kendell Honda in Oregon where I could've gotten the above model w/o accessories at invoice. Most of the Puget Sound/Seattle dealers were quoting the EX-L at $500 above invoice and the EX-L with NAV and RES at $1000 above invoice. I also ended up getting initial quotes from the Bay Area and was getting quotes around $900-$1000 below invoice, which I'm sure could be negotiated down. I was thinking pretty seriously about heading down there, but with all that time and effort, I ultimately decided against it.
  • Options
    Got another (better) price quote for Odyssey EX-L RES (DVD) $28,625 at Concord Honda (San Francisco Bay Area). Has anybody received better pricing? Sounds like this weekend may be the time to buy.
  • Options
    From what dealer did you receive the quote? Would you mind forwarding me a quote?
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten a nice quote or a deal on an Odyssey
    EX-L with RES and Navi in Los Angeles region? Thanks.

Jae
  • Options
    Concord Honda. Can't give you the contact name. (Not allowed.)
    Honday Odyssey EX-L w/ RES (DVD).
    $28,625 destination included but plus the tax and lic and a $45 doc fee as well as the $8.75 California Tire fee.

I won't get you the quote. (It's an e-mail addressed to me.) You can get one yourself--- shouldn't be a problem.

Can you at leas wait until Sunday so I can get my pick first? Thanks.
  • Options
    San Leandro Honda. (San Francisco Bay Area)
    Odyssey EX-L w/ RES (DVD).
    $28,506.00 price quote and that includes the destination charge. I think this is pretty good. We've had good experience w/ this dealership before so this might be the place for us. Does anybody know of additional incentives or pricing that may make us want to continue pricing?
  • Options
    eln001eln001 Member Posts: 32
    Which Chicagoland dealers are providing the most competitive deals right now?
  • Options
    java28java28 Member Posts: 5
    I also live in chicago area. Which model are you looking at? I am currently shopping for EX-L (not RES) and trying to buy one over this wekend. The lowest I have received so far was from Ohare, 26959. Still negotiating with others since we are close to end of the month and also Memorial day sale. Please share what you are offerred so far.
  • Options
    atuzaiatuzai Member Posts: 47
    We went to the dealership and talked with sales general manager. He was very rude and still tried to cheat us. then we talked with general manager. He is kind of nice and willing to do something make thing back to right. so after negotiation, we got brand new touring model as replacement.

We probably can get more as our Auto Dealer Fraud lawyer suggested. But since the general manager was nice and would liek to cooperate. And we do not want to spend more time and energy to deal with them. We accepted the replacement offer and drove the new touring model back home.

What I learned from this case:

1.do not blandly trust what people posted deal on the internet forum. Those great deals might be posted by dealer and lure us to them. Especially when the post from new register user and never show up again.

2. when buy new car, if the mileag is higher than 10, always ask dealer give carfax histroy report. Most of dealer has carfax account for their used car. But it also will find problem for so called new car, like ours.

3. it is better to get service record before sign contract. All the service will be record, although they may not disclose it if it is less than $500. If we do not need make two keys and got service print out. We might still couldnot find the problem.

4. whenever you got problem, directly deal with general manager will be more helpful.

5. when buy new car, big dealer is still the first choice. there are less trick. but if something turn bad, they are more likely to turn it back right. They do care about their big name.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Atuzai:

It is so nice to hear the good news from you. I have some question about your post.

How can we ask the service record in paper if this is a new car?

Did you go to dealer with your lawyer when they do the replacement?

Thanks
  • Options
    eln001eln001 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for your timely response. Your price from Ohare seems very competitive. I have not decided on a model yet. But, I have learned Crystal Lake Honda(Brilliant Honda of Crystal Lake) is under new ownership and their internet dept vows to beat all price quotes.
  • Options
    Glad everything (hopefully) was resolved. It appears you are from southern calif area, mind if i ask what kind of quotes you were getting from other dealers on an Odyssey EX-L with RES and NAVI? Don't think there are too many So Cal posters here... appreciate any help.

Jae
  • Options
    thanks charlos
  • Options
    merrod828merrod828 Member Posts: 6
    Am looking for EX-L with RES and Navi. Any info would be appreciated.