Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• Options
    bobbiesbobbies Member Posts: 34
    Thanks "Obravada" I will give it a shot. I am going in next week to have the rear convenience outlet cover replaced. Hope I don't get a hassle.
  • Options
    yonzieyonzie Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2002 Envoy, yesterday temp was -18F. Wife took envoy to town and all was ok. Coming home she said the ride was very rough. Its sitting in the garage right now, the back end squatted right down.
    I wonder if anyone else had their airshocks go on them or could it be a malfunction of air compressor.
    Will phone the dealer tomorrow and see if I can drive it in. Let them have a look at it.
    I had a 1972 El Camino, which had airshocks. They were a pain, replaced them three times. Guess they could not stand the cold. Replaced them with ordinary shocks., end of problem.
    This is my first posting.
    Been reading this site for over a year now, got alot of good info from all of the members.
    I have been overly satisfied with our Envoy, wife would kill me if I traded it in. :))))
  • Options
    cparise1cparise1 Member Posts: 109
    I have an '02 Envoy XL SLT with air suspension and it comes on every day. My wife has a '98 Pontiac Transport Ext, fully loaded, with air suspension too, and the compressor comes on every day as well. No problems to report with either system. The Pontiac has 48K miles and the Envoy has 14K miles on it. So, this seems normal to me, I do not believe this is cause for a concern.
    Chris
  • Options
    I went to the dealer this week to see the S&S Denali grille for the Envoy. It's a nice "chrome finish product" whatever that is but I did not bring it home. The #1 turn-off with the S&S grille is because it was not mentioned as a stainless steel product. I'd prefer stainless if I can get it. For $210 + tax it looks like a good gauge steel with a beautiful chrome finish. To install you have to remove the factory grille from the vehicle and if you want you can un-bolt the GMC logo and attach to the Denali grille or you can leave it as it is. The Denali grille attaches right over the factor grille and has an off-set all the way around to "stand-off" the existing grille, which would make it pretty much flush with the head-lights. I think it would look great. The part I didn't like was the way it attached. Two long clips attach to the bottom and two short clips attach the overlayed grille directly to the factory grille. Not bad so far. Then you screw six self tapping screws into the top of the factor grille to hold it all into place. That was the # 2 turn-off, as I'd rather not have screw-in attachments to body parts if I can avoid it. Even though I've been forewarned of the Putco Denali style grille they claim there are no screw-in attachments. I may give them a try. I should be able to get the Putco grille for less than $200 plus tax and shipping, so there is a slight price advantage. Any more feedback on either the S&S grille or the Putco grille would be appreciated.

Chris
  • Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I don't think your going to need all that equipment for towing your boat. Sway control is mostly useful when towing high profile trailers like a travel trailer. A boat doesn't have as much profile and isn't pushed around by wind or passing trucks (unless it's a really BIG boat).
    Also, I don't think the tongue weight will be heavy enough to need a weight distributing hitch.
    I've owned two travel trailers over the years, one at 26' and the other at 36'. I did use sway control and weight distribution on them, but not with either boat. My first boat was 18' runabout, and the one I tow now is a 21' low profile skier.
    Also, I too believe your overestimating the combined boat/trailer weight.
  • Options
    nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "The dealer is going to order a new head unit as soon as I get back in so they can pull the existing and get some numbers off of it, whatever that means. I can switch back to radio and the talk setting is engaged. I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this. It might be something you want to check for. If its a common problem, changing the radio may not fix it. I just want to be prepared. Thanks for any feed back"

You will not be getting a New unit.You will be getting a Remanufactured unit from an Authorized Delco Repair Center thats why they need the part number off your unit. Remember to take all your Cd's out before you drop off the truck.

I also have the 6 Cd Bose. When playing CDs I have the EQ set to 3(spacious) it always returns to this setting when going from radio to CD. However when I set the radio to EQ 3 and go from radio to CD back to radio the EQ changes back to EQ 2 it doesn't hold EQ 3. I haven't read the manual yet to see if ths is normal operation but honestly it doesn't really bother me and I would rather keep my head unit rather than get a remaned.
  • Options
    momstruck1momstruck1 Member Posts: 206
    in my trailblazer LT EXT. I love it but I only have one in a booster seat. I had a Chevy Venture before this and it was the Extended version with the 8 passanger seating . That was very good for kids in booster /car seats. It was very roomy . I got the Trailblazer because my older kids are getting too old for the van and I felt like I was driving a small school bus. If you need the room it is best to check out both .
  • Options
    envoyeurenvoyeur Member Posts: 9
    Chris,
    I bought and installed a Putco Punch Grill (Denali look). You can put it on without taking the original off but I had to figure out how as the instructions aren't great. It only took me about 15 minutes or so and looks pretty good for the price. There are 4 allen wrench screws that go through the grill and attach to flanges that wrap behind the original grill. I used a screw driver to hold the flanges tight while I screwed in the allen screws to the flange.
  • Options
    Louis,
    Thanks for the Putco Grille advice. Did you install the Putco grille with the cut-out for the GMC logo? Just curious.
    Chris
  • Options
    monstersincmonstersinc Member Posts: 13
    RE 10235. I ordered and purchased a 2003 TB EXT in Nov. '02 for the same reason. I have 3 kids under 5 ( twins that will be 5 in may and a 3 year old). You cannot put 3 car "booster" seats in the 2nd row of a TB (or TB EXT), so I went the the EXT. I put 2 car seats in the 3rd row and 1 directly behind the driver seat. I also have a '99 Montana extended that the wife drives. Living in NJ requires the 8 yr/80lbs car seat rule so I had little choice.
  • Options
    tjpushtjpush Member Posts: 9
    My new EXT will be 1 month old in two days and has got 600+ miles on it. The MPG for the last fill-up is 13mpg for my daily commuting with 10 miles hiway(40-50 mph average) and 2 miles local each way. It has the I6 engine, 4wd with the 3.73 rear.

A couple of things that I have noticed: 1. There is no door ajar warning light on the dash. (One door was half-ajar for a day before I noticed it). 2. the 2nd row floor mats do not have the coverage and they are moving around too. Can anyone recommend a better floor mats? 3. reclining 2nd row seat please! 4. the vibration on the gas pedal: I can feel it when going up a small hill on the hiway and trying to maintain the speed. The engine seems to be laboring and the exhaust not venting very well. The speed would still come down as the engine rev come down as I push the gas pedal at little bit. All this is under 2hi. No obvious vibrations at normal cruising on flat road.

For people still sitting on the fence and with reliability concerns: I was in the same situation for a long time and the 3000 rebates and my GM card extra incentive finally got me in. Bought extended warranty and hope for the best. One thing I can say is that wife and son love the smooth ride! (test drove a Tahoe and that 2nd row is a back breaker to me).

BTW, thanks to monstersinc, ndmike88 and others for information on bug-deflectors, mud flaps.
  • Options
    hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    Hi gang-

Well - my 2003 Envoy is in the shop today to get its springs replaced due to the vibration and noise at highway speeds. We'll see if it fixes the problem, I'll keep everyone posted. I asked my service advisor a couple of questions about what the fix really is, he went off and asked someone and came back and told me that it is a newly-designed spring that is "springier" than the old one. He said this one is not as stiff but that I should not be able to tell any difference in the ride. He said that GM has found that the engine vibrates and that vibration comes down the drive shaft and goes to the rear springs which is where we feel it. Don't know if I truly believe that but I am hoping for the best!

Those of you that have had the rear springs replaced, have you noticed a difference in the ride after getting the new springs? I am worried because I really love the way it rides and I don't want that to change!

Thanks - Hillary
  • Options
    2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    I had the springs replaced and noticed no difference in the ride at all so that should make you feel better. I still feel the vibration and hear the noise in the gas pedal which has not go away. The rear drive shaft vibration is an additional TSB and is being replaced as needed. I don't think thats my problem however and my dealer is working with GMC to see what they can do about the mystical vibrating gas pedal along with the floorboard below it.

Hey, report back and let us know your impressions after the springs are replaced.

Michael
  • Options
    envoyeurenvoyeur Member Posts: 9
    Chris,
    Yes, I bought the grill with the cut-out. Without the cut-out, the install would be much more complicated as there did not seem to be an easy way to get the logo off of the original grill without taking the whole grill off. I wanted a quick hassle free add-on so I opted for the grill with the cut-out.
  • Options
    envoyownerenvoyowner Member Posts: 42
    Exactly the same for me - 2002 Envoy SLT. Noticed this for sometime (hear the hiss on start-up and then often during the ride). Like you, can't remember if it's always been like this. I'm thinking not because I would have noticed it. Have you received any feedback?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    tjpush - Take a look at the WeatherTech Advantage, Luxury Carpet Mats, available from MacNeil Automotive <http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp>. Their rear mats are large, scaleable, and heavy.

Since the first time I started our '03 Bravada at the dealership, the air suspension "buzzes" (I wouldn't call it a hiss") immediately after startup and again as I back out of the garage (sharp drop-off angle for driveway versus garage floor. Stopping on inclines also kicks in the compressor buzz. If this is the noise being discussed, it is normal. Says so in the manual. If it is something else, you probably have a problem.
  • Options
    djp2003djp2003 Member Posts: 3
    Had my 2003 TB in for an oil change at the dealer on Sat. so I had them check the vibration that I had described in an earlier post. The service tech actually felt the vibration and said it was the torque converter disengaging/engaging and it is considered normal. He also said that GM is aware of the condition and at this time there is no known fix. Looks like it the nature of the beast and will have to deal with it.
      Also, had the driver & passenger side doors re-aligned which helped reduce the excessive wind noise I had been experiencing from the top corner of the doors.
  • Options
    You're right - "buzz" is a better word (vs "hiss") Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    jay_24jay_24 Member Posts: 536
    Thanks for the info on fitting 3 kids in.
    A full size van sounds a bit big, but I'll double check. Chevy/GMC has a AWD model this year that has the driver side door like the little vans
    The other concern is the turning radius on a van and EXT start to get pretty big.
    Maybe a Tahoe or Yukon?

--jay
  • Options
    babyshoesbabyshoes Member Posts: 23
    I rarely have the third seat up. I need a cargo matt to cover everything behind the second row. No luck. The only ones I have found including OEM is a cargo tray for when the third seat is up.

Help!

A fiend of mine has a durango and got a gift of a "dog matt" that wraps up the sides. That might work but I can't find anyone that sells. them.
  • Options
    redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    I rarely have the third seat up. I need a cargo matt to cover everything behind the second row. No luck. The only ones I have found including OEM is a cargo tray for when the third seat is up.

I'm looking for something to cover my third row too. I have been trying to call GM parts today to find out if the vinyl liner (part# 12498158) will cover the third row. I have not been able to get through yet. There is also a cargo tray (part# 12498139), but I have a feeling it will only fit behind the third row.
  • Options
    quickdtooquickdtoo Member Posts: 266
    Email GM parts Direct with your questions, they respond quickly and accurately for me. tim

customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com
  • Options
    mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    I have to disagree with the post that not enough people had their triplets for the last survey. I have actually taken TWO of the surveys since I first bought my '02 Bravada in April, 2001.

Also, regardless of the posts here, you also have to realize that large percentage of triplet owners do not come to Edmunds. On the other hand, at every one of my 30+ dealer visits while I had my Bravada, there were other Bravadas and Envoys in for similar problems.
  • Options
    I can't imagine not getting the polished one!
  • Options
    If you are referring to my post #10246, I didn't say that not enough triplet owners had their triplet for the last CR survey. What I said was that the surveys are suspect because CR never reveals their sample size or any of the statistical parameters of their sample. Thus, a small sample may not reflect the universe of owner opinion and experience.

Given your issues with your late Bravada and the fact that you apparently provided input on the Bravada to the CR survey two times, is it any wonder that CR's predicted reliability for the 2002 Bravada is about as bad as it can get. Without knowing CR's sample size, I could assume that it may have been comprised of only your two inputs, which most would agree is not necessarily representative of the thousands of other '02 Bravada owners. In summary, I think you have demonstrated my issue with the CR auto reliability data quite well, thank you.
  • Options
    kimodokimodo Member Posts: 44
    Hi, thanks people for the input. I didn't know what those things (anti sway bar and weight distribution) were. Sounds like they wouldn't be expensive then since I already have the hitch. With regards to the weight of the boat and trailer combined, if I am over estimating the weight then that's great, cause then I can get a bigger boat than I thought. Gonna be the first one I get, so...much more research needs to be done. Anyhow, I got my weight estimates from www.trophyfishing.com They gave me the dry weight for the boat and trailer. They have a 21 foot wlkaround weighing at around 3500 or 3900, and the trailer at over 1000. So that's where I got my figures from. Perhaps this is heavier than most boats should be. Thank you all for your info.
  • Options
    richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    Finally ordered my truck today. I will admit that the numerous complains I have read about it make me nervous. At least, it isn't a FORD and I have had much better customer service with GM. I am hoping that they have already sorted out some of the glitchs indicated in this forum. That is one of the reasons I have ordered instead of buying from a lot. Some of the problems may have been fixed at the factory. I love the look and the ride, plus the towing power is exactly what I need. The LS is very well equipped for the price. If this vehicle is reliable, it will be mine for 12 years!
  • Options
    I hope you ordered the limited slip differential. Makes it a much better vehicle for a very paltry amount. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your new purchase.
  • Options
    richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    "I hope you ordered the limited slip differential".

Here, you lose me. In Canada, they all come with locking differential, which as far as I understand, give torque to both rear wheel when one starts slipping. What is "limited slip differential"? The one I ordered is also with Auto 4WD.
  • Options
    I copied and pasted from Edmunds site for the Envoy the option im referring to. It is option G80 and is called "Locking Rear Differential" and costs 270 dollars list. I don't know if its included standard in Canada, but if it isn't, it would be sure nice to have if you can still order it. It is the most useful option for the least amount of money. Frankly, its obscene for a 35,000 dollar vehicle they don't just throw it in like most manufacturers do. I couldn't get it because I bought off the lot, but will get it on my next lease for sure. I missed it a lot during this terrible winter. I travel with it for a living and find the vehicle other wise a joy to drive (very quiet inside) except for an annoying vibration which I have posted adnauseum about. Good luck again with your smart purchase.

P.S.
    We plan to winter in Victoria when I retire. Its our favorite city. What a jewel. I will however have to keep my guns at home when I do :)
  • Options
    food4kpfood4kp Member Posts: 8
    Actually, it's a "buzzing" sound followed by a short "hissing" sound. And, it's an '02 Envoy (not '01 as stated in my last post). Anyway, based on the reassuring responses I've received thus far (thanks!), I don't think I'm going to worry about it too much. I tried something new....there's a bolt on the inflator outlet near the inflator switch in the back. It was loose so I simply tightened it last night. My guess is that maybe this could be causing some air leakage, if any. Who knows. Nevertheless, today I only heard that "buzzing-followed-by-hissing" sound after startup and not periodically thereafter. Besides that, my rear end doesn't sag noticeably, as stated by others who've reported leaking air bladders. So you know something, I think I'm okay!
  • Options
    gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    Jay24: You can also get AWD in the mid size GM vans (aka Chevy Venture etc).

Good thing Consumers Report didn't use my Bravada in their survey. It would have made things worse.

My '03 Envoy is better in most regards, but has more wind noise than any vehicle I have owned. Maybe I will also have to get the doors realigned. There is an obvious gap between the door and the seal. On the other hand, the transmission is MUCH better than the Bravada's.

GAM
  • Options
    anjin_navanjin_nav Member Posts: 18
    The "buzz" you hear is your ECAS (Electronically Controlled Air Suspension) pump. If you've ever used one of those portable pumps you can buy at Wal-Mart, you'd recognize the sound. The "hiss" you hear is when the system vents pressure. The '02 models vent to the inside of the cargo compartment. The '03 models, I believe, vent pressure outside. However, GM does have a muffled vent cover available. If you don't like the "hiss," you might want to see if your dealer has one.

You can let them put it in, or you can put it in yourself--I did it myself for a friend a long while back. It's just a piece of foam encased in a soft rubber cylinder, and it's cost should be negligible. Like I said, I changed one over a year ago (and I'm no "under-the-hood" guy), and it was simple. Unfortunately, about all I can remember about it is that the line is located behind the right side panel in the rear compartment behind the nozzle.

Of course, you may just decide to live with it. The buzz and hiss are normal.
  • Options
    Had my rear springs replaced yesterday and driving home on the freeway last night I noticed no difference - the vibration and noise was still there. On the plus side, the ride was the same so at least they did not monkey with that. Based on the recent post by djp2003 this may be something I have to live with.

I also had them lubricate the steering column because it squeaks whenever its turned while its cold outside. That fix did not take either. So I'll have to call them and see what else they may be able to do for that. Someone a while back posted that they had to get their entire steering column replaced but that it did fix the problem.

I am now beginning to notice something else that is bothering me - the wind noise. A couple of folks have posted that they had their doors realigned and that helped. Is that something covered under warranty - and did it help a lot? I seem to hear it the most right around the drivers door pillar.
  • Options
    "Someone a while back posted that they had to get their entire steering column replaced but that it did fix the problem."

That was me. They replaced the steering shaft from under the hood and that fixed it. It is a known problem that is addressed by TSB #02-02-35-006. They say to lubricate which you have had done. Now call the dealer like I did and demand that "parts be ordered". The best part is this repair is done from under the hood so they wont get grease all over your interior.

My dealer is going to put a probe in my Envoy to measure the frequency of the vibration. This way they might be able to tell where the source is. I would also make this suggestion, have your dealer call GMC for possible solutions. This is what they are suppose to do and will force them to address this problem. The more they hear about it, the better odds we may have at getting to the bottom of this. GMC will also give them permission to search and destroy the problem. This is the procedure the dealer needs to do instead of telling you to just "live with it". Dealers are lazy and need to have their feet held to the fire. Some are better than others. Then finally we can get a TSB to address this issue.

Of course door alignment is covered under warranty. This is a fit and finish issue and should be dealt with a.s.a.p. The Envoy rides like a dream and is whisper quiet when everything is to spec. Go back and demand that it be made right. Fit and finish has come a long way with GM, but they are still years behind the Japanese.
  • Options
    redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Is there something in common with you vibrating pedal people? Do you all have the 4.10 rear end, or 4WD? Do you all have the locking rear differential? Do you all have ECAS? Just curious, I haven't encountered this in my '03 Envoy XL.
  • Options
    Thanks for the follow-up. Glad to hear this is normal behavior for the air suspension. Noise doesn't bother me - just had concerns with the frequency.
  • Options
    2k_impala_ls2k_impala_ls Member Posts: 311
    Has anyone bought and installed the triplet rear window deflector that is available? It is GM part # 12497618) I saw it on the GM accesories website
    and gmpartsdirect has it for $83 plus shipping
    does it actually do any good keeping the rear window and overall rear hatch area clean.
    I had a factory rear deflector on my 91 s-10 blazer and it never got dirty. I also took my cross-bars off for the winter.
  • Options
    quickdtooquickdtoo Member Posts: 266
    It works good IF you apply a product like Rainshield or RainX to the rear window. I had a bit of a problem with fit relocating the brake light, but others haven't.
    tim
  • Options
    djp2003djp2003 Member Posts: 3
    Redline65: In response to your questions for the vibrating pedal people here are a few answers. My 03'TB has the 3.73 rear axle and is also 4wd. Not sure about the differential, but whatever is included in LS equipment group #3 is probably what I have.

HILLFA: The door allignment was covered under warranty. The wind noise was occuring on the driver side up near the pillar just like you described. The allignment did the trick!
  • Options
    I have a 2003 Envoy 2WD with the locking rear differential and the traction control. And I have the bad vibration problem others have mentioned. So far I have not seen any correlation with what kind of vehicle people have and the vibration problem.

Thanks to all of you for your posts on what to do next about getting my problems fixed. I just made an appt with the dealer for tomorrow to have them take a look at the vibration again, the steering wheel squeak, and the wind noise. This time they said they would take a drive with me - we had not done that before. So we shall see what they come up with next!

Do folks think it is good enough just to tell them there is wind noise and where it is located or should I specifically ask for the doors to be aligned?
  • Options
    giddens_johngiddens_john Member Posts: 77
    If you do an Advanced Search on rear deflector you'll probably get 50 returns on the subject, so I would recommend looking them up. Also if you want to see some pictures of the deflector installed along with the install sheet you can mosey on over to my site. Plus you can check out Tim's Trailblazer site and under your triplet pics are a few pics with a Lund's rear deflector installed which has a different look to it. Concerning keeping the rear window and overall rear hatch area clean, that's debatable. IMHO there wasn't a significant reduction in rear hatch cleanliness, but I do believe it does a good job of blowing the rain water down off the glass. The RainX idea should be helpful.
  • Options
    giddens_johngiddens_john Member Posts: 77
    "Do folks think it is good enough just to tell them there is wind noise and where it is located or should I specifically ask for the doors to be aligned?"

I believe just complaining about the wind noise alone or asking for the doors to be aligned because of wind noise will possibly result in the overly duplicated "cannot duplicate" dealer phrase. To be fair, the dealers can't get reimbursed from GM unless they can duplicate the problem, but I also believe they use this as a crutch when they want to be lazy.
    When you talk to the service writer I would complain about the doors alignment, citing uneven resistance when being closed and opened. Then add there's evidence of this misalignment via excessive wind noise at freeway speeds emanating from various points where the doors make contact with the door seals. I could be wrong about this but I believe you would have a better shot at getting the doors realigned this way.
    Group members please feel free to add your two cents to this conundrum since I don't want to go spouting off bad advice inadvertently.
  • Options
    paulyjsobpaulyjsob Member Posts: 48
    I took the advice on have the ignition switch replaced to try to resolve the ABS brake, emergency brake and service 4wd lights coming on. Unfortunately after not having my car for 3 days, the problem persisted. I actually had it happen to me right near my chevy dealer. So I drove the car there so they can check it out. They sent a mechanic to do some diagnostics on the car and nothing... no errors were recorded. He shut the car off and restarted it and the lights were still on and still nothing. So this monday they're making another attempt at it. To date to try to aleviate this they have replaces the abs sensor, the instrument cluster, the 4wd switch, and the ignition switch. I know here in CT they have 4 attempts to fix a problem before you have go for the lemon law.
    Has anyone here had there truck replaced under the lemon law? Is it a long process? I will give them one more attempt at solving it before I do anthing. Thanks!
  • Options
    axsysmanaxsysman Member Posts: 26
    I have 52500 mile on my 2002 Envoy SLT now. I have the gas pedal vibration and have had it for over a year now, it is the only problem I have right now and I have gotten used to it. When I first got my Envoy it didn't have the vibration at all. I do have a suspicion as to what is behind it though. I didn't notice it until I had the molded splash guards put on (all four wheels) and the running boards installed. I have been wondering if the splash guards are vibrating in the wind and this is transferring to the gas pedal, I have been too lazy to try taking them off as a test. Does everyone with the vibration in the pedal also have splash guards installed?
  • Options
    tjcishere1tjcishere1 Member Posts: 42
    i have a 02 Envoy XL SLT 3.73 rear with the locking rear. One thing about weight of a boat, all boats are different you need to take the boat and trailer to a public scale and make sure exactly what the boat and trailer weigh make sure u have a full tank of gas in the boat with an ice chest and gear that you normally carry in the boat. i know i was surprised to see my 18 ft bowrider weighted 3,450.Air Suspension is nice while towing. now i will tell you that i just got back from a week stay in killington vermont the temp got as cold as -25 at night. when i went to start the truck in the morning it was -15 and the truck started right up, the air suspension went right on and raised the rear and i did this for 5 days never had a problem in the very cold weather the truck was a dream, also handled well in the snow. hope this helps
  • Options
    hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    I have a 22' Cobalt bow rider. With trailer and a full tank of gas it weighs at least 5000#. I have the 4.10 rear axle and 4WD. The Envoy tows this boat wonderfully. The ECAS keeps things level and I have NO complaint at all regarding towing the boat either out to the local lake 20 miles away or over to Table Rock lake in southern Missouri about 3.5 hours away. The Envoy is a great tow vehicle.
  • Options
    gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    On my Envoy, the top edge of the seal does not touch the seal when the door is closed. You can see a gap when the front door is open and the rear door is closed. I wonder how they adjust the gap as there appears to be no adjustment in the hinges. Maybe the just bend (yikes) the top of the doors frames.

I also have a squeek eminating from the bottom of the air filter box after the vehicle warms up. I thought it was the dash or glove box. Talk about strange!

GAM
  • Options
    twinrottstwinrotts Member Posts: 161
    Is there any physical evidence of door misalignment as you look at the truck? I am not complaining of excessive wind noise because I do not know what to compare to. IMO the truck is reasonably quite for a truck. It is not like my Passat, but is not loud enough to where it sounds wrong.
    I tend to be guilt of trying to find every mality others claim to experience. So far I can only claim the locking passanger seat belt and wandering mirror.
    For those surfing to find those who complain, do not count me in that group. I am please with this product and would buy it again
  • Options
    macman246macman246 Member Posts: 118
    Regarding the lemon law process, it can be pretty long for a full buyback. Other types of settlements, like a trade or free extended warranty, would probably take less time (months?). I'm currently going through it with my '02 Envoy because of an unresolved random stalling problem which they attempted to fix 6 times.

If you do get an attorney (recommended so you don't get jerked around), get one that won't charge you. The attorney fees should be paid by the manufacturer, if you win. A good attorney will evaluate your case, and decide if he should invest the time if there is a good chance of winning. If you don't win, the attorney should eat the costs. The only thing you should be liable for is the court filing fee and paying for an inspection.

Not bashing the triplets here. I was very happy with the truck the first year. Great power, ride, and comfort. It's still all that, when it doesn't die on me however. Seems like the '03s have fewer bugs. I *might* consider a trade for an '03 if they offered it.