Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    For those of you considering it, here's a picture of Big Red without the Chrysler lettering:

• Options
    ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    if your rear seats open by themselves then you did not smack them into position hard enough. Period.

300M is notorious for this. In order to properly latch the rear seatbacks, you have to literraly slam them against the parsel shelf.

As for the ability to withstand heavy objects being propelled:
    one time I bought a concrete pig. The porker was quite heavy, probably 30 lbs. I put him behind the net (next to the rear bumper). Then I drove home and in the process had to slam on the brakes from about 40 mph because some moron doing 5 mph swithched into my lane almost in front of me. I heard a very big thud as the concrete pig flew and hit the rear seatbacks. That was it. The seatbacks held up.
  • Options
  • Options
    silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Well, Ruski, that beats my 50 lb. tackle box for sure. What happened to the net? Did it break away, or did the pig "fly" over it? :>)
  • Options
    guesswho1guesswho1 Member Posts: 209
    that's hilarious! glad the porker didn't find his way to the back of your head.
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    Did that concrete pig live---I hear they make nice pets--they dont eat much and dont make noise or make a mess---almost as good as a Robo Dog!
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    ruski-

THAT tops the bowling ball story for sure!! LOL... Can I ask what you are doing with a 30lb pig? Is it in the garden or the house? ;-))

fastdriver
  • Options
    tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    I guess that pig story beats my 10 gallon hat hitting the back of my seat!

I sure hope that PETA does not read that pig story! Or there will be 300Ms trashed everywhere!
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    nice pic of the M---I think its time to reposition the 300M emblem on the trunk to a more central spot---maybe over the trunk lock like 300Michael did. Just paint the trunk lock to match the car---whatdya think
  • Options
    denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    Well, now that DC is deleting them, and looking at Big Red, I think I'm gonna take 'em off my M. The 300M emblem on the back looks fine where it's at, though, IMHO.
  • Options
    I like the emblem where it is, but I'm going to try some touch-up paint on the lock. Good idea. For those going to remove their logos, here are some pictures of the process. Very easy to do.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1620463&a=13138301&f=0

Mike

• Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Use an air brush, don't use the little bursh in the tube that comes with the paint. I duluted the paint down half lacure thinner and half paint. Used an air bursh. Do not sand the paint any. then lacure clear coat it. If you sand the paint is changes the metal flaking on it. Stright on it will look ok, but from an angle you will see the differance (believe me I know).
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    not making the chatroom last night, but the following excerpt from a message I sent to George Deane will hopefully explain:
    ---
    My oldest daughter Christine had a rabbit named Burton, whom she loved dearly. When she's at work, or off doing whatever 24 year old women do, I was responsible for making sure he (Burton) was set with water and rabbit treats and the occasional carrot chunks.
    I noticed over the weekend that he seemed to be favoring one of his rear legs, and mentioned this to Christine. Yesterday the vet told her that his leg/paw was fractured and that she should take him to Garden State, etc. The vets there have experience in rabbit care. She was, needless to say very upset, and so I drove her down there.
    They took more xrays--at this point, Burton was unable to use his rear legS. The vet came back, showed us the obvious break in his leg/paw. She also pointed out a mass, close to his lungs and a problem with one of the vertebrae in his backbone.
    She told Christine that he wouldnever the use of his rear legs, and that she believed that the mass was a tumor. It was at that point that Christine and I discussed the inevitable; and she told the vet to put Burton "to sleep".

I've never liked that expression--put to sleep, because you and I both know whats going to happen. But no matter what, Christine made the right decision, for even with animals, the quality of their life is what needs to be considered.
    I told my daughter that she was lucky she was there to SAY goodbye to her beloved Burton. The vet adminstered 'the shot', and Burton slipped away to join our cat Shadow.
    ---
    I apologize to all my friends here in the forum, but I'm sure that you can all understand my reason for not being there last night.

with apologies,
    Glenn/drpixel/the Doctor

continued next message...
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I would like to do this, but, I'm not sure what my 300M will look like. I have had it 1.5 years. That's 1.5 years of sun, rain, washing etc. If I remove the lettering, the paint under the letters may be a diffent shade compared to the rest of the car. It will leave an outline of the letter. I will not know until I take 1 letter off, but if it does look different, can I replace the letter??
  • Options
    I still don't have to worry about this even if I didn't have the velcro. I have a sub box between the wheel wells which blocks all access to the trunk from inside the car. Good security measure too.
  • Options
    stevenw300stevenw300 Member Posts: 90
    A pig in the trunk. Be careful someone might report you to the ASPCA. LOL!
  • Options
    Looks great. I may be doing some extra shaving this weekend.
  • Options
    I took mine off after 2.5 years of AZ sun, and elements. There was a slight (very hard to tell) differance. I put Zanio on the area and looks great.
  • Options
    Boy they sure laid into you for your pig. I agree with you the latches are very good (if attached), I didn't have a concrete pig in my trunk, but I did have a 40 pound, concrete (to you ASPC people out there) Hippo in my trunk. With no problems. He is now making residence in my backyard pond.
  • Options
    firebird69firebird69 Member Posts: 8
    sdmike - car looks great. I love my inferno red. Can anyone help me find stainless steel exhaust tips. I tried Summit Racing but b/c of the bend in the muffler tip, the summit tip would not fit. I can't seem to find any auto parts stores with good tips that will fit.

The new 01 has stainless tips, but i called Chrysler and they do not sell them without a muffler. I don't need a new muffler - only the tips.

Where have others on this board purchased their tips? Please help as I have exhausted all other avenues something that will look good on the car.

Thanks
  • Options
    The lettering is this weekends project next to finding the leak. How does one get the letters off. Use a hair dryer to heat up the letters, then what? What should I buy to remove the adheasive left over?
  • Options
    The letters are made out of a very soft material, so unless you are very careful it's likely you won't be able to put the letter back on. If you want to try, make sure to get it very hot with the hair dryer and then very carefully slide the floss underneath. It will be your best chance. I think out of 24 letters I removed only about 3 would have been reusable. Then again, I wasn't trying to save any of them.

You can always get replacement letters from DC, but I don't think you'll have any issues with your paint. Just Z5 it after you get the glue off, and of course, post pictures. :)

-M
  • Options
    tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Look around at other car makes. DC is the only company cluddering up the sides of their car with this type of tagging. It just takes away from the smooth lines our "M"s have. Once you guys remove your CHRYSLER side tags you will just love it! Smooth and sophisticated!

I left my back CHRYSLER tag on to balence out the trunk lid. But, SDMike's beatufil "M" looks fine with it removed too. That one is for you to decide.
  • Options
    Check the link in message 6512. You'll need a hair dryer, some dental tape, and some adhesive remover.
  • Options
    Thanks for the good advice. Since I don't have air brush capailities I'll wait until I see you or Av at an event. ;)
  • Options
    Someone posted a picture of some stainless tips he was installing a few days ago. It was part of a full stainless system using the "Hugo" design that many of us here have installed. My system isn't stainless except for the stock intermediate pipe, but the person who posted found stainless versions of the front magnaflow and rear dynomax (or whatever he used) mufflers plus the tips. Might want to spend some time scrolling back a several hundred messages.

My system was done by Ed Hanson Performance Muffler in San Diego. He will sell the oval tips that we used (not stainless) for $15 each. He'll sell the entire custom Y-pipe/tip assembly for $100 per side. The custom Y-pipe is staggered to fit the shape of the M's rear bumper.

Ed can be reached at 619-698-7030 for anyone interested. My full name is Mike Ritchie, just in case he has to look up my file to get the paperwork on the system. Here is a link to my exhaust photo gallery.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1620463&a=12630411&f=0

• Options
    wldockwldock Member Posts: 17
    The price list is in for this stuff. The body kit is a hell of a lot cheaper than the LORINSER kit. I would think that one could get the stuff for less from a dealer?

Here is what I got from them:

Chrysler 300M

LH-200-00 Front Spoiler poly-urethane, reinforced, reaction-injection molded $399.00
    LH-300-00 Side Skirts PUR-R-Rim $ 449.00
    LH-400-00 Rear Apron PUR-R-Rim, fits both stock and STARTECH exhaus $399.00
    LH1-900-35 Monostar III one-piece wheel 9.5"x20", diamond-cut finish, rec. tire size: 245/35-20 $ 599.00
    LH2-900-35 Monostar III multi-piece wheel 9.5"x20", diamond-cut finish, rec. tire size: 245/35-20 $ 999.00
    LH-006-00 Sport Springs set of 4, lowering appr. 1" $ 339.00
    LH-670-00 Sport Exhaust stainless steel muffler, oval tip left & right $1,079.00
    LH-350-10 Illuminated Entrance Panels set of 2, chrome finish, illuminated STARTECH logotype $399.00

Info Hotline: 949-851-1006
    CAR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT Inc., 4040 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660
    Specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice.

• Options
    Nice! I love those chrome wheels. Wish I could get a better view of them. I noticed something strange in that first picture though. The chrysler lettering and 300m badge have switched sides on the trunk. It's normal in the second picture. :)

Just did some math...$1,800 or so for the skirts. Pretty expensive body work for just painted plastic.
  • Options
    Are the prices for the side skirts each, or for both of them?
  • Options
    firebird69firebird69 Member Posts: 8
    Love the pics on your web page. The exhaust looks great. I've been thinking about getting duals for a while but havent' had the time. I noticed you have an 01. What did you do with the chrome tips from your old muffler. Any chance you still have them?
  • Options
    Sorry, they were disposed of when I got the duals put on. I should have kept them I guess.

-M
  • Options
    mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I couldn't help but notice your licence plates. Are they German, and if so does the BOT stand for Bottrop? If so I was stationed close to there when I was in the Canadian Forces, way back in the middle ages. LOL. Just curious. Car looks great, but out of my price range!!!
  • Options
    300mlover300mlover Member Posts: 132
    I am the "somebody" that sdmike is refering to. I am doing a complete stainless dual system using these tips.

These tips are 13" long over all, so I don't think they will fit your system without removing the muffler. Here is the link to the manufactorer. Maybe if you contact them they could help you out with just some tip ends that you could weld on. Goodluck

http://www.banzaisports.com/megs/dual.htm

• Options
    voodoojonesvoodoojones Member Posts: 5
    2000R/T owner

has anyone tried this elec. supercharger (see link). It sounds interesting. looks like an easy installation. A modified TB, air tube, elec. superch. and mod. exhaust should be interesting.

Does anyone know factory fuel pressure and how I can increase it by say 5 lb's. http://www.electricsupercharger.com/www-electricsupercharger-com/Autoframe.htm

• Options
    FYI, the PGW-112 is the same price as the others. Not at my computer right now so couldn't email you.
  • Options
    Yeah it works like adviertised, a 0-5lb boost. On most cars it's more like 0. Save your money & buy somthing that really makes a difference. It's the same as the tornado air intake. Junk!
  • Options
    but it looks cool. ;)
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    I removed the trunk lock and placed a wing emblem over the hole. Click for pics of the process.

• Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    I say lets order some as soon as James finishes the sample. We need to have them before the meets. Shirts and hats for everyone!
  • Options
    russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    Today I sent a tentative schedule of events for Dream Cruise 2001 to everyone for whom I have an e-mail address.
    If you did NOT receive this, and if you are planning to attend, please send me your e-mail address so I can send you the schedule.
    Send to: RussKlass@aol.com
    Thanks!
  • Options
    The pictures appear to be broken. You either did something wrong or photopoint is misbehaving again.
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    I just now clicked on the pic, and it took me to the right spot (the entire album)...
  • Options
    Look carefully at the first picture where it appears that the 300M is on the driver's side. You will see that the characters on the license plate are reversed. I think someone scanned the negative on the wrong side.
  • Options
    I received my LED wing and hood scoop #2 in today. I will see about getting them painted since I have little time before the meet in a few weeks. The scoop is posted at webshots under hood scoops. I posted both of them side by side for your thoughts. http://community.webshots.com/user/my300M_

The second scoop front will come to the front more by about a foot. I like the possibilitys of the second one, one intake for air and the second one for the tranny cooler.
  • Options
    I am not for all the finder skirts and the rest of the body cladding. to me they make the car more bulky looking instead of sleeker. Also the first parking lot I come out of, I would have to stoop and pick up the pieces of the road. But to those of you that do like it, go for it. just mound some heavy duty casters so you don't scrape the molding.
  • Options
    The wing is pretty clean, it will need just a real light sanding to give the primer something to grip to. to flashing to worry about. I will use some filler to go around the 15.5" LED light to make it look a little better. I will post pictures of it a little later. I have to go to work soon.
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Out of the two scoops you have, I think the Mustang is best for the M. The new Dart one is really cool but looks like it should be on a drag racer or some other extreme sports car. That may be what you think of your M, but I think that scoop just looks a little out of place on the M. Maybe once you have the spoiler on, it will all balance out more though.
  • Options
    mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Spent an hour taking off my DC letters and also used the goo gone, it was a piece of cake. I really thought about adding some ice to that stuff cause it sure smelt good. Maybe we can start a new drink craze. Car does look better without all that lettering, I took it all off. Managed to save two C's.
  • Options
    sirharpersirharper Member Posts: 112
    Where does one find their products? I sure can't seem to get an answer from anybody.
  • Options
    forresthforresth Member Posts: 34
    Maybe some of you guys should start using the letters you remove and put the "SS" near the badges to have that old "Super Sport" legacy.