Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Congrats on the gold medal. Nice to see justice done.

Is it just me, or is that Canadian (female) skater really cute! Wait, I'm not allowed to look at other women. Scratch that. lol
    Glenn and I are hitting the auto show tomorrow (Saturday) around 3pm. If either of you can join us please shoot me off an email today and we'll coordinate. mritchie@san.rr.com
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    All Canadian woman are good looking !!!!!!!!!Hey how is everybody? Well things are picking up at work. We now have over 30 days orders(really good) and we are even working next Sat. ,to keep up demand for our cars.
    Our next gold will be in hockey -GO TEAM CANADA GO!!!!
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I have been with the rented 300M for a few days now. Drove it form FL, to NY(I'm still in NY) I really can't feel any difference at all between this stock non PHP one, & the PHP I had. Sounds the same, rides the same, & drives the same, go figure..... I must say this rental is in good shape. I hate the color, but it's all they had, it's the tan, with tan interior. Striped down 2000. No moonroof, no chrome rims, no 4 disc changer, no full size spare, but it has the smokers group? That must be really important for a rental :)
    And maybe that dealer took that 300M on trade, & the used car market being what it is now is tring to move that 300M off Acura's lot. See all the Acura's are jelous :):)
  • uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    Re:Congrats on the gold medal. Nice to see justice done. Is it just me, or is that Canadian (female) skater really cute! Wait, I'm not allowed to look at other women. Scratch that. lol

Thanks Mike. I was nice to see justice done and I'm happy that they didn't take the gold off the Russian couple as that would have been unfair. We Canadians have to thank the U.S.A. media for this as they were the ones who took up the cause. Nice having friends to the south of us. Now I can just see Letterman or Leno saying to-night, " You know, that Lativan couple who ended up in 8 th. place maybe should have got the bronze" LOL
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Now, that you've had your CL, do you like it more overall than the M? Or is there just something you miss (like ruski)?

As for the rental, yuck! It's just a personal opinion of us, but the tan with tan isn't all that spectacular. The interior makes a big difference though, as the Agate (or Slate) and the Camel (or Sandstone) don't look very good with the Champagne. However, the Lt. Pearl Beige and the Taupe actually look okay. Ah, what do I know?! Our car is dark grayish, blackish, brownish, with the gray-black Agate. Black on black is pretty simple, not to mention hot and dirty!).

No offense to anyone that has a pretty gold M though!
  • blondablonda Member Posts: 542
    Can't go on Saturday. Might go on Sunday, but I say that every year. I have always wanted to go, but something always comes up where I can't.
    I really like the rain deflectors that glennbp put on his car. My 300M came with the Mopar deflectors that are stuck onto the chrome trim and do detract from the apperance as they cover up the chrome. I would guess that these are stuck on with a 3M tape. Any idea on how I would remove them with out hurting the trim? Hair dryer as used to take off the lettering?
  • glennbpglennbp Member Posts: 327
    I suggest the hairdryer and lots of patience and perhaps the dental tape trick as well. I can tell you from experience that the adhesive (3M or whatever) is a bear to get off especially if it's been on a while. But it will come off with a little TLC. Follow up with some Goo-Gone and you should be in good shape.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    lalarry-

Welcome back! I'd love to see the pics of the Caddy.

mykem-

Holding out on the 3rd Christine pic! LOL... Thanks for posting those pics. That looks like a great show. Reminds me of the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas. I like the 300 convertible. Mine was a 63. I like that purple Buick and that red Chevy convertible.

sdmike2 and blonda-

LOL.... you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth, but not ALL dealers get their cars at auctions. I would bet that someone traded it in. What's the name of the dealer? I'll find out and then we'll know for sure. Better yet, since you go by there all the time, stop in and ask them where they got it. I'd say they're "showcasing" it to get rid of it. JMHO. The ONLY thing I miss about Christine is the color and the styling. Aside from that, I love this CL-S. Not ONE single problem 12,450+ miles in 11 months. Will be one year old on 3/28. Three dealer visits for oil/filter changes and one tire rotation/balance. That's it! Everything works, nothing rattles, gas mileage in the 20's, no wind/road noise, no trunk leaks etc. I don't miss ANY of that OR the dealer visits to see those idiots.

Oh well. To each his own. Just like Zaino vs Meguiars. Some prefer one. Others prefer the over the counter kind.

fastdriver
  • rstilprstilp Member Posts: 105
    Sorry about the MIDWEST. I meant midway to the west!!!!!!! lol
    Rick
    I got the visor plaques today. They are pretty nice. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Thought maybe they would be a thin metal, but they are more a plastic. They do fit over the ugly airbag stickers very nicely. All in all $16.00 well spent! Here's a pic of it:
    Sorry about the flash!
    http://communities.msn.com/Glenns300M/my300mphotos.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=38
    Nice! You didn't get me a set? shame shame. ;)
  • km99cobrakm99cobra Member Posts: 46
    Thanks Otto. Hopefully they'll be available then when I'm ready to buy (i.e. not lease!) in another 4-5 months. I really do like the vehicle, and my '99 has been great and problem-free. My gripe wasn't on quality, just that I didn't see why the "value" would drop so much between a 1999 and 2002 as evidenced by DC Financial's huge drop in residual (in my mind 55% to 43% is significant). One would especially think a "Special" may hold value better, but I guess by 2005 we'll be seeing the 300N's or 300C Hemi's or some other non-cab-forward Daimler influenced car and people won't want an old 2002 300M Special any more.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    I didn't think rental agencies allowed smoking in their cars anymore.
    Love your map; yep, that about covers it! The only thing I might change would be calling extreme Southern California, North Mexico.
    I would have ordered you a set of plaques but wasn't sure what color you wanted. ;)

Scotian-I believe you're right in that rental agencies don't "allow" smoking in their cars, but unless they have "the anti-smoking police" following their cars around, it's pretty difficult to enforce.
    Break anything today?
  • jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    Glenn-

That pic is the gold plaque, right?

Dr.Pixel-
    My favorite tire dressing is Meguiar's Endurance. It's 1-coat satin/2coats for gloss as well. Lasts an honest month on ave with 2 coats. Comes with a nice curved applicator.

Jon
  • 300mike300mike Member Posts: 20
    Part 1.

I was talking to a local auto parts dealer about adding a dual exhaust system to my 300M (told him about seeing posts here on the internet) and he was wondering if any computer sensors or modules had to be changed. He said that with today's engines, some backpressure is necessary. If it's off, the check engine light will come on and the car's computer will get all messed up. I assume that nobody here has had that problem with their Borlas or other dual exhaust setups.

Part 2:
    Where's the best place to get the K&N Air Filter (regular one to fit the stock setup) online? Best as far as price and service.

Thanks.

P.S. I can't wait till spring !!!!!!!
    I'll sell you my K&N filter for $30.00. That's about half price. I swear it's only 2 weeks old. I went with the Aircharger instead. As far as the dual exhaust conversions go, the tolerances are well within the ECU's limits. No one I know of, no matter what conversion they have gone with, have had a problem. This tells me that the "back pressure" that the computer sees is well within limits.
    No, that's the black background with gold lettering. (unless you meant gold lettering!)
    No, didn't bust anything today, but on the Yahoo board Bluebaron said there's no other way. The seat back holds the deck shelf in place. Soooo... I guess tomorrow or Sunday I'll be pulling out the rear seat. ;(
    K&N - There's a guy on eBay selling the K&N for $36.50 plus $7.00 shipping. It's part number 33-2136

Ebay Auction.

http://www.macromotive.com wants $36 for it too

Exhaust - No problem whatsoever

From what I've seen here, just disconnect the battery when you do the duals. Then reconnect it when your done and the computer will re-learn itself with the added performance. There should be no reason for problems.
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    The sensors are infront of the cats. and the Cats, themselves create enough backpressure. After them you could run not exhaust at all with no problem (except for being illegal).
    The ebay has them for 36.50 for the filters.
    Great minds think alike. (love N Cuba, I mean South Florida).
    Radio wood trim bezel today and installed it. I almost hate haveing to cut into it to install the switches. I also change my review lens to glass instead of plastic much clearer view with no hazing do to the sun hitting the plastic.
    Blonda showed me a neat powered DC cell phone holder that "grabs" your phone, and then releases with the push of a button. It mounts on the right side of the radio console and plugs into the cigarette lighter. I like the holder but I don't like the idea of a wire running down and the ashtray always being open because of the power plug. Sooooo...has anyone wired in a device to the lighter plug before? I'm thinking I can run the power wire behind the radio panel and down into the ashtray (either in front or behind the plug). I might have to drill some small holes but it should be invisible with the ashtray door closed. My guess is that I can wire directly into the power leads behind the plug but I'm not sure. Anyone who has been in there have any comment on the viability of this idea?

Thanks in advance

Mike
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    I will not deny that the Russian couple had a couple of mistakes, but they had a more complex routine.

The Canadian couple skated perfectly BUT
    - their number was 2 years old
    - their number was not as complex

Normally when someone shows a really old number, judges frown upon that and points are taken off.

Did the media mention that?

The media is biased and wants to punish Russians for the longest gold medal streak since 1964. Plus for the cold war and all that stuff.

What seems fair to them seems like another case of ridiculous political correctness to me.
    Yes you can tap into the lighter circuit. just snap off the center shifter console cover and make the connections. No holes should be nessasary. Or you can wire it directly from the fuse junction (might be easer) and you don't have to take the car apart.
    That was after 2 days off :) Well I guess I have to go hitch up my 300M covered wagon, and hit the trail again. Get along... little doggies.
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    sdmike,

Check this photo out at:

http://www.ofoto.com/AlbumMenu.jsp?view=1&UV=859744651614_78820283303&US=0

Note where the wire enters into the dash, I then ran the wires (had to solder longer wires on) directly to the fuse box and tapped into power there.
  • mcgreenxmcgreenx Member Posts: 179
    My current Y2K LHS lease expires in October and I'm thinking 300M. What changes/refinements are rumored for Y2K+3?
    Ofoto wants a password...
  • lee1nyclee1nyc Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know where the PIAA Platinum bulbs stand in the PIAA product line. Is the Xtreme more expensive (and better) for headlight use?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    ruski & fuzzywuzzy-

Leaving for Lake Worth in a few hours. Will be looking for you next week! ;-))

fastdriver
    From what I've heard, not much at all. A 2003 should be the same as a 2002 just with the option of the new XM satellite stereos. But, since you'd be coming from a y2k, there would also be the 01' changes of Lux. Grp., new wheels (The Razorstars are still better IMHO), the taillights, the steering wheel audio controls, and there's standard Michelins. Also, for 02', the grill is different (wing on top; doesn't look right IMO), the lettering is off the front doors, and there's a tire pressure monitor w/ the lux. grp., and there's also quite a few redesigned parts to improve reliability, etc.

So, other than the satellite radios, I don't think there's much new for 2003. That is, until September 03' when the 3.5 V-6 and 5.7 Hemi V-8 300N with rear drive & some MB bits comes out...
    Did not realize that you really can't have others view pics at ofoto. For email use ss-396@swbell.net and for password use "zeus" This should take you to my photo albums. I checked the link after posting it and did not realize they left a cookie on my pc. Today the link required me to log. I guess I will have to pony up the big bucks for fotki.
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    From what I've picked up over the years, zero back pressure is not desirable in an engine. You need some to keep from burning the exhaust valves. I also think you need some from an emission perspective in the combustion process.

I don't buy the comment from the parts dealer about any variance in back pressure necessitating a change in the computer modules. The only sensors in the exhaust are the oxygen sensors near the cats. They require flow to function.

Beach is correct that the computer will compensate for changes in intake and exhaust but only within the emissions parameters programmed into the computer. In other words, the computer WILL limit the amount of improvement the modifications will provide.

Off topic,
    I laugh like hell at the reformulated fuel debate and the addition of MBTE or ethanol to fuel to improve emissions. The computers in most new cars totally nullify any advantage the additives provide. The only place the fuel is useful is older cars with primitive emissions controls.
    I can't tell from the picture where the power cable runs in. Have a bigger picture? Looks exactly what I want to do. Also, did you have to cut or trim any of your plastic panels to make it fit? Blonda indicated that a little surgery might be required.
    How does the holder attach to the dash. Does it use some sort of stickum or do you have to drill a couple of self tapping screws which I don't want to do.
    I will take better pics today and post late this evening. You may have to trim the dash material a bit in the area where the bracket mounts, I did. The trimming is not noticeable when the cell holder is removed. The braket mounts to two existing screws on the right side of the stereo.
    I could go with this. Think it will make Big Red a little classier?? lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1333229756

Any of you guys find it cheaper than at chrysler-parts.com? They want $43 for it. Wykoff wants a little more.
    chrysler-parts also had free UPS shipping, so SOLD! Sounds like a Carlsbad meet install, right michael? ;)
    I'd wait untill you find a race car seat cell phone holder. Those just reek class!
    sounds like the meet will be a week long event do to all the install clinics planned.
    No problem. I don't have other plans. lol
  • achanceachance Member Posts: 106
    Ordered the Plus4s from AutoBarn last Sunday, got them in the mail, yes USPS, yesterday. Not too shabby and free. Thanks for the tip.