Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    300Michael and Avalanche--Visited the 5* on Friday and saw some wings emblems on one minivan and on LHS, but both appeared to have severe curves to them. The LHS emblem was $58 and the van was a little less, but none were near $28 in the parts book. I was real concerned with the curve and the parts guy said that they come with the curve and it would be tough to get them to lay down straight and stay that way. I decided not to shell out the bucks til I was sure that I could get the wings emblem to lay flat and not ruin the painted surface which, unlike Av, I have no chance at simply repainting if I screw up. The LHS wings was sigificantly bigger than the one on the van and would make a great addition but the curve was severe. The wings on the 300M grill, what do you think about trying to use that one? It doesn't appear to be as curved but it is a clip-on too, correct?--meaning some Dremel tool work would be necessary along with the shoo goo or similar. Any thoughts on solving this curve problem without breaking up the integrity of the wing emblem itself?

On tires. What options in size do I have if I want to get away from the limited selection offered by the various manufacturers for the 225/55R/17's that are on my 17x7 rims. Very little choice appears available in that size. I would like to try the GY "Rain Tire," but can't even find it in the size I am running now. I know that Pilots, P6000's and Teranzas will fit what I have, but those puppies are almost $200 a pop. I am approaching 30K on the Bad Years and need to be looking ahead.
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    Sorry, I have been the test mule 300M for the Jet module for months. I bought it when they first relased it. Is your 300M stock? If not, You won't see much of a difference. It helps in the higher RPM's, but suffers in the low rpm's. It decreased 0-60 times, but improved 1/4 mile, & trap speed. I'd say save your money, & do the Throttle body mod. You would see better gains. Email me if you want, I can explain the install answer questions, etc. You can see pics of the install, & the unit at:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1280600&a=9485515

Hit show all, There at the bottom.

• Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    logo I did a 300M logo with wings removed the center papst emblem and installed the 300M in its place. Host is haveing problems.
    Spoiler (lighted) adds $20 to the cost of the PL3S2N model, lighted model is PL3S2L
  • Options
    avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    someone on here ordered it off the net for like 15 bucks cheaper, but i went out and ruffled thru my reciepts and here is the part #.....

4857279AA

List price is $28.50, and my price was $25.65, plus $1.28 tax...its called an Ornament on the description....
  • Options
    funroadsfunroads Member Posts: 49
    Phases: I thought about taking off the trunk 300M logo at the same time as the letters but decided to try it out w/ just the letters gone for a while first. It looks much cleaner and I fundamentally like the 300M logo. We'll see...

SDMike: Lic plate is next for me.

Kpm: WD-40 didn't completely remove my goo. In the end I used a small amount of Goo Gone (after testing on a door sill) which worked very well.
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Here is what came up on a search of that part number. There is no picture so you might want to call these guys before hitting the "order" button.

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/emattopofpag.html
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    I found a nice chrome 300M license plate frame that I'll install as soon as my plate (BIGREDM) arrives. I'll dig up the link if you want. I think they were $25 each.

All- here is a link to a calendar of Mopar concept cars. Check out what's on the cover. :)

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/20mopconcarc.html

• Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
  • Options
    intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    Saw another loss leader ad for a new 2001 300M over the weekend -- $24,995 for a base model(one only, of course -- San Gabriel Valley, Southern California).

Interesting thing about the ad -- it claims 30 mpg highway ... (includes standard statement of "EPA estimates only - actual mileage may vary"). The last rating I have seen was 26 mpg highway (on the sticker of my 2001).

Is anyone aware of a new EPA mileage rating for the 300M or is this a misprint?
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    AV and sdmike--Thanks for the parts info. I started to order it from the 5* but before I saw the Mopar link from Wyckoff. They quoted me a $38 tab. I called in to ask what is with the $13 difference from one dealer to another. They said $38 was the best they could do on it. I will try Wyckoff. In any event thanks for the effort on this. I think the one I saw on the dealer's computer listing on Friday was this one but the $38 price tag rather than the $28 Av had mentioned kinda threw me off. Now I know why. Dealer gouging.

Any thoughts on my tire question in previous post?
  • Options
    funroadsfunroads Member Posts: 49
    The link to the chrome frame would be great if you can find it. Will be curious to see pics of yours...
  • Options
    You got those body mod pics up yet?
  • Options
    ir2k300mir2k300m Member Posts: 26
    1st trip in the M. Total of 450 miles and averaged 24.6mpg. Was expecting better than that for mileage. Better than the 19.5 I've been getting in the city though.
    Received my Zaino shipment on Friday! Couldn't apply it until Monday night. Applied Z1 an one coat of Z5...already impressed. 2nd coat of Z5 tonight. Expecting great results.
    Will post pics as soon as I can.
  • Options
    sibesibe Member Posts: 102
    Just added that to my 99 Durango. WOW, is all I can say. DEFINITELY will install that on the

"M" if I can get rid of my wife for 15 minutes 8-)...she's gotten very possesive of late of her "M"

According to the D Club, those who installed saw a 5hp increase and a 1-2 mpg improvement.

At ~ $132 it's a steal not to mention it comes in your choice of designer colors!

IP Stage II is not available for the "M" yet. but I asked John to let me know when he would have it available and I'll post a notice then. More info for those interested can be had at

http://www.intenseperformance.com

Sibe

• Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    I don't know if this is the place sdmike had in mind, but this is where I got my 300M frame. They have both brass and chrome.

http://www.autoattire.com/chrysler_vehicles.htm

Here's mine installed.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=934019&a=7113867&p=37261985&f=0

You really should check out some of the links on the Club web page, that's where this one is from. There's some good stuff there. This place has some nice keychains too.
  • Options
    neon300mneon300m Member Posts: 1
    has anyone found a complete real aluminum dash kit for the m? i want one that covers all the wood and console. thanks
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Go to DashesOnline.com. I'm pretty sure that they sell a kit that is all aluminum and covers everything including the fake wood. Go to this link and then type 300M and search.

"DashesOnline.com

• Options
    phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    my car has straight duals thru a flowmaster and then all the way down, so its not 'stock' however, ive wanted to do the 'tb mod' for quite some time now but i wouldnt even know how or where to start. help?
  • Options
    fuzzy and whoever else, how did u get it so smooth when u cut for the duals? mines pretty jacked up, it looks good from distance but if you get down and look at it, its pretty scary. the dremel tool was suckin for me or something.... please help me save it!

one more thing, theres a msg in the recalls forum some guy has a leak in the back seat or something, i cant say i understand what he's asking completely but i know if i had that problem id sure hope u fella's could help out!
  • Options
    ok sorry another msg but it just dawned on me that everyone has a trim around what they cut for the duals. where for the sake of whoever did u get it. ive looked all over.. :(
  • Options
    odd i just mentioned u in the last post lol
  • Options
    traleytraley Member Posts: 64
    Hi, all. I have been having a leak on the rear passenger floor. I have some questions:

1.If your warranty is up on the car, are TSB's still covered?

2.How do I refer to a particular TSB when telling my dealership about it? I've looked on:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tab/servicemmy1.cfm

AND

http://www.alldata.com

they both use different reference numbers.

3. Can I get an extended warranty through Chrysler if my original 3/36 warranty is up?

Thanks for any help.

• Options
    yes u just mentioned that if you hit refresh it'll resend your post click on the 'chrysler 300m owners' and go back in that way....
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    traley-

I had that leak too. Mine was on the back floor on the passenger side AND in the trunk. Have you checked your wheelwell area where the spare tire is? Bet it's soaked as well as the matting under the trunk cover. The problem was a body seam that came undone. They had to send it out to a bodyshop to have it fixed. I believe it was somewhere in the area of the back tire on the passenger side.

As for the TSB, I would go with the one from NHTSA. Those numbers match up with the Chrysler ones. Not sure about AllData because when I had my 300, they didn't have any TSB's yet for the 99's.

As for getting it fixed for free now that it's out of warranty, I THINK that will depend on the dealer. I don't believe that just because there is a TSB on that problem that the dealer/Chrysler has to fix it for free when it's past the warranty.

Hope this helps.

fastdriver
  • Options
    Thanks fast driver. You helped me out when I first got my car in 99, with the pulling problem.
    I was seriously considering keeping my M for as long as it would last, but I am now considering getting rid of it. I hate that feeling of helplessness. Having signed on the dotted line for a car and being at the dealership's mercy when sh** goes wrong. Though, if I can get an extended warranty, with my car being out of warranty, I would feel better about keeping it.
    ***SIDE NOTE***
    Sure would be nice if Edmund's had a reply feature.
  • Options
    i have noticed that several people have similar problems with their M's (i.e. rattle behind speedometer, leaks, steering wheel shaking what not) is this all somethign i have to look forward to or stuff that was in the 99 and y2k models that have been fixed for the 01s?
  • Options
    i jsut took out my wood trim, just that one long price running along dash, and small piece around headlight knob, and painted them black......

it looks real good, clear coated the paint so its nice. but i am working on geting some aluminum and cutting my own layout for those parts. and maybe something with the shifter, i would rather have wrapped aluminum, not this stick on stuff.....

• Options
    hey i was out of town all weekend, you know how it is, mem day weekend, parties, etc.... but it rained ALL FREAKIN WEEKEND! but should be good tommorow, will wash and post pics.....oh yea just for reference purposes, how many pics should post max? cuz majority are prolly 56k users, so like 3? 4? jsut so i don't annoy anyone, but i'll have pics up tommorow...
  • Options
    hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Hey guys, the 98-2001 Concorde has a badge on the front fascia above the grille. The service manual does not say if this is a post mount or a glue on unit, but it may meet your needs.
  • Options
    i wanna do something with this.....any ideas? i was thinking take out that gray plastic piece, and out it a mesh grille. but i love that wing emblem on there. what else can we do?
  • Options
    brianw300brianw300 Member Posts: 30
    -Av,

I think you should try to do something like they have on 300 special grill, or the Hemi, with the wings at the top of the grill. I think that looks far better than the middle.

The question is what to fill with? I like your mesh thought, but How about a black mesh with 5 thin vertical chrome ribs on top of it spaced evenly over the mesh.

Take a look at the special and hemi pics from the Enthusiasts club site to see what I mean. Let us know your thoughts.

Brian
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    maybe you could paint your car something like this to give it some real pizzaz:

http://www.hobbytownindy.com/rchta/prmbody02.jpg

notice the lack of door handles and the big wing--kinda looks like your mods!

Easyrider300M
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    maybe you should just post a link to the site hosting your pics---take lots of pics --we want to see those flyaway doors!
  • Options
    that paint job would run over $10k. that is crazy tho. i was really considering flames but i jsut don't think it goes for the car, i think it would look tacky. the pics, i'll post like 2 up here, then give a link as usual to like 100 or so other pics. if u don't have a digital camera, I HIGHLY recommend one. they are incredible. mine is a 3.34 megapixel, and the 35mm cam running 400 speed film will put out 6 megapixel. only a trained eye can tell the difference in resolution even tho large. 3.34 million dots is a lot.
  • Options
    the 300 special grille is cool but not all that. the hemi is nice too. i need a smooth sleak look tho. i like that chrome ribs idea tho, taht sounds real good. i was planning on black mesh, or light silver. i got this technique for color changing paint now too. its very easy to do too. actually a friend thought it up, hes doing it right now to some stuff, i'll get back to and post all the stuff u need, less then 50 bucks i think, 2 spray paint cans, ether cleaner, and something else real weird in a can. but maybe a dark blue fading to indigo purple? nah that would look ugly, on my color that it. i'm gonna think of some stuff tommorow while i'm washing it, still like the chrome rib idea tho........
  • Options
    taht taht taht taht taht taht taht taht taht taht

taht taht taht taht taht taht taht
  • Options
    theres a guy in the yahoo club with his grill chromed really easy he said looks nice as hell. im gonna do it myself..... just an idea for ya av..
  • Options
    I'm having a guy on the RT board bore mine out. He's done a few. I can't draw a straight line, & I don't have a dremel tool, so This guy is charging me $75 to do it. I'll install it when I get back in town in a week or so. I had a performance shop cut the valance. They do all custom work on very expensive cars. They also do great work. They also installed the duals. That trim I think is door molding edge trim..or something like that. You should be able to get in in any auto store.
  • Options
    Well, I'm off on a road trip in the M. Fl to NY to Boston, back to FL. We will see how my 37K mile M holds up! I'll be back in a week look forward to reading the 100's of posts when I get back :)
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I am leaving the front grill alone, but have purchased expanded metal for the bottom grill and for the fog lamp openings. It is really fine mesh almost like window screen. Will try to post pictures on webshots.

By the way how do you post pictures here?
  • Options
    Hey all. Oh well, I called the dealership about an extended warranty and was told that since my car is out of it's original warranty, I can't get an extended warranty. So, with that said, I am not keeping this car for my intended 5-7 years.
    Can't risk paying out of pocket for problems.
    I will be turning my car in next March.
  • Options
    Even though you are beyond the factory warranty, you can still get coverage. There are alot of third party places that will do it. It's not a DC warranty, but it's something.

http://www.warrantygold.com is one. There are some others too. I do know people with these, & they don't have a problem. Others seem more disatsified with them.
  • Options
    The Durango Club just did a group buy after an indepth study of several extended warranty companies and found that the above was the best all around one. I believe that the price was around 1200 bucks for a 7 year/70k miles as long as your car still had some warranty left on it.
    If not they pro rated it. That included a rental car and covered just about every part on the car as well as every State in the Union. If "the group" would like more info I can post a Web Site ref as well as a salesperson that could be contacted for another "group buy". The savings are enormous if you go in as a group.

Sibe
  • Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Looks like this year the 2 current competitors for the King of 300M Mods will be at different rendezvous locations, 300Michael in Monterey, and Avalanche in Detroit.

Can't wait till next year when we have our first National Convention at the birthplace of all our 300Ms; Brampton, Ontario Canada and we can crown the undisputed winner, with a real prize on the line (NOT a Hemi C, sorry!).

Keep those mods a' comin'

Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
    http://www.300mclub.org
  • Options
    traley-

Take the extended warranty money and use it as a downpayment on something that comes with a longer warranty. Just my opinion.

fastdriver
  • Options
    What's the warranty on the CL?
  • Options
    The Durango Club just did a group buy after an indepth study of several extended warranty companies and found that the above was the best all around one. I believe that the price was around 1200 bucks for a 7 year/70k miles as long as your car still had some warranty left on it.
    If not they pro rated it. That included a rental car and covered just about every part on the car as well as every State in the Union. If "the group" would like more info I can post a Web Site ref as well as a salesperson that could be contacted for another "group buy". The savings are enormous if you go in as a group.

Sibe
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzy--

The Acura warranty is 4 years, 50,000 miles. I already have 4,100 miles in 2 months! I'm going to have to buy this car at the end of the lease! I won't be able to afford the extra miles. ;-)) Funny thing is, I only have a 3 mile commute to work. The rest of the miles are fun, nowhere miles!

fastdriver
  • Options
    Before I begin, a reply feature sure would be nice on this board. Anyway, called WarrantyGold.
    Got a rate of 1600, no deductible,5/100K on my 99 M, out of warranty, with 41K miles.
    Now, I guess it sounds good, considering I haven't found any other options. Has anyone ever USED them before, not just signed up, but used their services?
  • Options
    img src="image url"

with an arrow at the beginning and end, <...>