2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Subaru Crew Photo Gallery

Comments

• Options
    cynthiagcynthiag Member Posts: 63
    Well, I don't think kids are in the equation, although my cat is... he may not be so keen on the winters, but being a cat, he'll probably just stay in.

I guess the nearest Subaru dealer is not as near as I thought, maybe more like 100 miles away. Still, better that than nothing if I have anything serious to repair. I'll probably be here for another year before moving anyway. Have to get all my ethnic food cravings in before moving !

Went to the Greek Festival in Oakland yesterday, got to take the Subaru up into the hills to pick up my friend and go. She climbed OK, once I put her in 2nd. Turning her around to park on the narrow streets was a bit hairy, but my friend showed me a wider place to do that next time. Anyway, I got her parked perfectly in front of my friends house, so I was pleased that the car is pretty manuverable.

We brought food home (It was oh so good!) and the cargo liner and grocery bag hooks really came in handy, as a couple of the styrofoam containers were leaking into the plastic carry bags a little. But the Subaru's amenities made it not a problem at all! No mess, no fuss!

Love this car!

Cynthia
  • Options
    barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    from the Vancouver, B.C. Subaru Meet. I also got some great shots of the 2003 Forester they had there. There are two albums.

http://community.webshots.com/user/barresa62

Stephen

• Options
    This one is of me in front of my car taking a pic of someone taking a pic of me.

Stephen
  • Options
    lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    Excellent photos. Vancouver looks like a nice city...where's the sun?
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    We take the sun in when there are too many strangers around. If we didn't, everyone would want to move here.
    :-)
    Nice pix, Stephen
  • Options
    Figured as much!...no sun here either. It is the beginning of rainy season here in FL, then next week is the official start of hurricane season.

Stephen, you've done such a great job modding your car that when I'm ready to start, you will have to come down here and help...we'll feed you lots of rally bread.
  • Options
    No problem...just make sure you have some SUN for me! LOL!

BTW, Ross is correct about hiding the sun, we do the same in Seattle. If we didn't, everyone would move here! :-)

Stephen
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You guys are hosting more events that us East Coasters lately! :-)

-juice
  • Options
    Wow, I like the look of the Forester 2003!

I was kind of hoping my old car would wait and let me check those out before making a decision, but she was getting critical. I still might have bought the Outback, but the Forester in the new version is very, very tempting...

Glad you like the wintergreen color on the Outback, it was my favorite!

Great pictures, thanks!

Cynthia
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the 2003 Forester, in fact, I hadn't realized I took so many pics of it!

I like the new blue color and am actually kind of partial to the rugged-looking gray cladding on this base model. If I hadn't of ever heard of the WRX, I would probably be posting pics of my new 03'Forester on a regular basis, LOL.

When I bought my 00'OB Ltd, I would have chosen the Wintergreen color but it wasn't available on the Ltd in 00'. It wasn't until 01'year that it was available across entire the OB lineup.

Stephen
  • Options
    That blue was sharp!

I have liked the gray cladding on the base Foresters I've seen so far.

Cynthia
  • Options
  • Options
    Those SuperLs on the Forester look great, along with the grill and pink badge...
  • Options
    locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    Sweet!

-Colin
  • Options
    storytellerstoryteller Member Posts: 476
    That's the grill I have always thought belonged on the Forester. That's the coolest looking Forester I've seen yet. Where did the pink badge come from? Or for that matter, that grill?

Steve
  • Options
    I vote that we make Ed's Forester the official Recce Vehicle of the Board! He gets to carry the Rally Bread to feed us.
  • Options
    lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    Guess this means you'll want me to run sweeper for you Impreza guys, huh? Well you'll have to spring for some bigger mud flaps for me! ;-)

I have already hauled my share of baked goods in that car, not to mention antique furniture, Pennsylvania bluestone (to build a patio), and too many Studebaker parts to list, though it included some sheetmetal and the head off an OHV 170ci inline six.

storyteller: The grille and badge are from the JDM STi Forester. The grille itself can be found on the UK-spec Forester S turbo and the Australia- and New Zealand-spec Forester GT (also turbo). I bought them separately, the badge from a US vendor, the GT grille from a Subaru dealer in Queensland, Australia. The '01-'02 Canada-spec Sport model also has a similar grille, though that wouldn't fit a '98-'00 model (mine is an '00). Not sure if it was available in Canada for those model years.

Thanks for the nice comments. That's the extent of the visual modifications I'll make to my car.

Ed
  • Options
    Indeed! Why gild a gorgeous lily? You've already got the only one like it on the planet.

Steve
  • Options
    That grille should be used on all Foresters.

-juice
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Darn firewall! I'll have to look from home.
    Unless you feel the urge to send me an email. :)

-Dennis
  • Options

Ok..not really. It was yesterday in Leavenworth, WA when I played my first 18-holes of golf ever.

Stephen :-)

• Options
    When are you putting on the STi grill?
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
  • Options
    The course is mostly comprised of par-4 holes. I think there are about 3 par-3 holes and 3 par-5 holes. We didn't keep official score but I was mentally keeping track because I wanted to brag that I at least parred one hole..no luck this time. I think my total score for 18 holes was either 119 or 120. I was mostly 2 and 3 shots over par on the holes. I carried my golfbag the whole time...no golfbag cart or people cart. I was a tired puppy. :-) Here's link to my Leavenworth album that has some great shots of the course scenary:

http://community.webshots.com/user/barresa62

I still haven't gotten the STi grille from Vividracing yet. I talked to a guy there a week ago and he said the crate was still in Japan and should be getting to them this week so maybe I will get it by next week (?). I've received everything I've ever ordered from them (hoodscoop and foglight covers) on time but this friggin' grille is a big disappointment. I better like the thing when it gets here!

Stephen
  • Options
    jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
  • Options
    Makes me want to take up golf; or better yet, beer drinking!
  • Options
    I don't need any practice w/the beer drinkin' :-)

Stephen
  • Options
    hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    Stephen... that's a good score for a first-timer!
    *If* you ever get over here to the dry side (where it rained all day yesterday) - let me know, we can go whack a few worm burners together.
    A month from tomorrow... Mariners game!

Cheers!
    Paul
  • Options
    I golf and drink beer at the same time.

Oh, and I don't mean to brag but my score is almost always higher than that. ;-)

-juice
  • Options
    You obviously have more "multi-tasking" practice than I, LOL!

Stephen
  • Options
    Dennis: I did e-mail you the above pic, as well as another, to your work and home e-mail addresses. I didn't get the usual confirmation of receipt message from your work e-mail so I wonder whether the firewall was doing its job.

Stephen: Nice to see you and your wagon on Sunday. You're the first Town Hall participant I've met outside the Northeast Corridor region; just sorry we didn't have more time to chat. More later...

Ed
  • Options
    Michael and his car (he thinks!)

The car just washed and "Klassed"

The Future Car Designer and his new ride

Another

Giesse Ferrari 333SP - FIA World Sportscar Champion

And Finally, its namesake, Dina Ferrari Superfast American Dog and her Legos

• Options
    yellowbikedon1yellowbikedon1 Member Posts: 94
    If you keep on giving Michael such grand gifts, what's he going to have to look forward to when he's older? A bicycle certainly won't do!

Don
  • Options
    Yeah, I know (sigh)...How is Marianne doing?
  • Options
    kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    Nice photos... Love the look of your house and the neighborhood. Just think that in the Bay Area the same house on a *smaller* lot will go for 300-500% higher...
  • Options
    Marianne is feeling stronger and getting into a bit of a routine. She's even been doing some bike riding and plans on getting up at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning to join me on a 7 AM ride at Logger's Run.

Thanks for asking!

Don
  • Options
    armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    Thanks for the update. You and Marianne are still in our thoughts. The fact that she's getting into the physical exercise routine is a good sign.

Ross
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind words!

Don
  • Options
    goldencouple1goldencouple1 Member Posts: 209
    The cabbage palm (sable palm to those that have never eaten one) in the pictures fills me with home-sickness. The blinding sun and crushing heat of my boyhood! Panting by the brown water of the canal. The rivers of sweat running into my eyes. Throwing my cast net, fighting off mosquitos the size of hummingbirds! Oh, Florida...thy native son longs for your hot, sandy bosom, your cabbage palms quivering in the sea-breeze of evening.
  • Options
    Calm down now!...The Sabal, as you know is the Florida State Tree, as ugly as it is...in Coral Springs, they require 3 palms in fornt of every home....do you miss the St.Augustine grass also? (that is the Florida State Weed).
    Let me know if you want to buy my house, Sabals and all!!!
  • Options
    What a gorgeous race car! And I like that red one, too! ;-)

Nice to see the mandatory pet.

Don: nice to hear she's riding again. Fantastic.

I love those tile roofs. Reminds me of Brazil.

-juice
  • Options
    ...is also the state tree of my home state (see post #913, this forum).

Ed
  • Options
    Most of the newer homes have those roof tiles here
    The red car in the background is a Competion F40; the yellow cars are 360 Modenas.
    Don, do you and Marianne ever come down to Coral Springs on the weekend? LMK
  • Options
    Full shot pic of WRX wagon w/new STi grille.

List of mods thus far:

Vishnu Stage 0 performance pkg (aprox 275-280hp, crank)

Volks Rays Gram Lites, 17x7.5

Toyo Proxes T1-S, 225/45x17

OEM painted side sills

OEM rear mudflaps, painted

Clear front side markers w/amber bulbs

Clear turn signal lenses in front headlamp w/Silvervision turn signal bulbs

Sylvania Silverstar front headlamp bulbs

Debadged tailgate

Tinted glass, 20%front sides, 5%rear sides & back window
    STi hoodscoop

STi foglight covers

UK OEM dual rear cupholder

OEM (sedan) 20mm rear swaybar

Whiteline 22mm front swaybar

Cusco 40mm rear strut bar

STi (replica) front strut bar

Stephen
  • Options
    subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    I think I see your kwik wagon smiling in that picture. ;)

-Brian
  • Options
    The good news, Stephen, is you might have the sharpest WRX in the US. Bad news is you're getting so close to perfection you risk gilding a lily if you touch another thing!

Steve
  • Options
    I know what you mean but after I got the fender dents fromt the botched installfest over Memorial Day Weekend, I'm not as anal. I mean, I still park in the back 40 when going to HomeDepot, the mall, etc. I also still need to get the windshield replaced. I have a crack from the left side that is getting close to marrying the right side crack. :-) Oh...and then there are the various little paint chips. I need to get Stongard on it...note to self... :-)

Brian: LOL! She's had a bit o'growing pains w/the Vishnu Stage 0 install. I had the EGT probe come loose from the uppipe a couple a days after the "professional" install. So far, all is good. I need to call Shiv @ Vishnu. He will send me a new seat for the probe. I also don't have the manual boost controller (MBC) or turbo gauge in yet.

Next mods (as time and $$...ok $$$, permits) are either Prodrive springs or the STi/SPT setup from dealer and Vishnu Stage 1 (mostly turboback exhaust)

Stephen
  • Options
    bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Went to a local i-club dinner meet last Wednesday. My favorite WRX was a very tastefully done black "STi" sedan. I never found out if he has done anything under the hood yet.
    The stock hood scoop looks like it's too small after seeing the STi scoop.

-Dennis
  • Options
    I know what you mean about the stock hoodscoop. I had my stock one sitting on the futon couch in the family after I took it off and kept forgetting to put it away. Everytime I look at it out of the corner of my eye I marveled at how small it seemed now. With the STi one you can almost see the entire intercooler w/the hood closed. I'm sure it's getting more "air" to the intercooler which is a good thing. I may have to see about a screen though for protection from debris.

Stephen
  • Options
    Are you going to put in an air-splitter?
This discussion has been closed.