Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac GTO

Comments

• Options
    midwesttradermidwesttrader Member Posts: 291
    June = 598
    YTD = 3687

'05 production set to start on 9/13/04.
  • Options
    desertrat5desertrat5 Member Posts: 85
    The latest Road and Track Magazine did a comparo of the Mustang Cobra and the GTO. The end result was that the GTO won. The write-up was quite complimentary of the GTO. I think they used the term "understated" in describing the overall design. I would call it classic.
  • Options
    For anyone on the fence re buying an '04; GM has announced a new round of incentives and the 2004 GTO is finally included. This goes in effect for vehicles delivered 7/7 through 8/2. No rebates yet, just the financing.

0.9/1.9/2.9 36/48/60 months
  • Options
    robertkcalrobertkcal Member Posts: 14
    For those owners who are looking for a front end mask for the GTO, California Car Cover now sells a 2 piece for $100.00
  • Options
    jerzey12345jerzey12345 Member Posts: 2
    in Australia our monaro costs $60,000 wich after you convert the currencies you end up saving $10,000 even after its shipped overseas maybe this is half the reason that they downgraded alot of the features in the gto we have climate control, memory seats, sunroof and bigger wheels as standard. and if you wanna know what real looks can be like check out WWW.hsv.com.au the coupe4 is something that you guys may never see (a 4 wheel drive gto) it has a great body kit and 19" wheels and massive brakes as well
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    Check out the test review in the August 2004 issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines. Even though their test car had the 4-speed automatic, they still say great things about it. HMM goes so far as to specifically rebut pretty much every major criticism of the car (everything from heritage, where it is built, styling, price, and performance). These guys love muscle and they love the new GTO. Paraphrasing HMM, get over it and enjoy the car.
  • Options
    jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    I had some work done on my car at the local Buick/Pontiac dealership. I saw a new yellow GTO parked into their showroom. Sorry to say, I was disappointed by its rather bland looks. It looked to me like an overgrown Lumina. I couldn't believe the $34,500 sticker price. The salesman said it was really fast. I said faster than a Firebird WS6 or a Camaro SS? He said yes. I say this. Who in their right mind would spend that kind of cash for this car? What the hell would have been wrong with re-designing the Firebird and Camaro, which sold for a lot less. Save your money! Buy a used GM certified Camaro SS or Firebird WS6, which have much better looks.
  • Options
    jpstax1jpstax1 Member Posts: 197
    I think I was a bit too harsh in the previous post. To be fair, here's a link on the new GTO:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141479
  • Options
    white6white6 Member Posts: 588
    If you can't see the difference, then you are definitely not the target-market for this car...
  • Options
    casoncasecasoncase Member Posts: 48
    I'm walking out to my goat and a co-worker asks: This is a Pontiac? I had to say, "yes".

It later hit me that it's not really a Pontiac. It's an Opel/Monero/Pontiac.

Say whatever you want, this is my soul-mate car. I don't care who made it. It's red. It's got torque. It's got the fit and finish of an upscale German product.

Why I'm still the only goat in town, since February 10, is a total mystery to me. Cobras are a common thing here (Danbury, CT), but no new goats. I have never seen another goat on the road.
  • Options
    hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    Unlike most of the posters here, I like the looks of the GTO - ever since, back in 2001, someone, in another discussion board here on Edmunds, posted links to the Holden Monaro web site.

I sat in a GTO earlier this year and really liked it, but that was February, and local (Milwaukee, WI) dealers wouldn't allow a test-drive unless you signed a deal first.

Now, with plenty on the lots, plus the start of incentives (2.9 % financing) on the car, I found one in the color I'm interested in (Cosmos Purple Metallic, automatic) and took one for a test-drive on Saturday. The sales rep was with me, so I was gentle (and I wouldn't have abused it - it's not my car, yet, and it's not broken in), but I was really impressed. The exit from the freeway to the car dealer is a sharp right, posted 20 mph, and I lifted off the accelerator (from 70 mph) once I got into the exit lane about 1/8 a mile ahead - braked lightly going into the turn - was still able to very easily (no loss of grip, no tire noise, no jerking the wheel) take the exit at 40 mph - smooth as silk, just like I was going straight. Car also rode very nice, not harsh/bouncy like my wife's GTP or the Bonneville GXP I took for a test-drive in May.

Didn't test the acceleration, but the exhaust note was perfect, both at idle and under a little throttle.

I'm waiting for the dealer to decide if he'll sell to me at GMS (I'm hoping to take advantage of that and the financing). If they do, I have a feeling this will be our next car (probably sell the wife's GTP). Otherwise, I'll look nationally for a dealer that will.

For all of the skeptics out there, test-drive one, then tell me that this isn't a great car. It may not be the one for you, but, after that drive, I know it's the one for me.

--Robert
  • Options
    montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    One thing to keep in mind, I have read on other boards (sorry edmunds) that the time you have to keep the GTO if you buy GM Employee (GMS) is 2 years, not the usual 6 months. The boards also talk about many dealers now accepting GMS pricing on the GTO.
  • Options
    hcszr1hcszr1 Member Posts: 4
    Local dealer had a 6-sp GTO in stock back in February which I was allowed to take for a test drive. It had been acquired in a dealer exchange and had a couple of hundred miles on it so I was able to get on somewhat after bringing everything up to operating temperature.
    I was impressed by the power as well as the smoothness of the clutch and shifter.
    I was even more impressed by the overall quality of the vehicle as a whole and how comfortable I felt driving the vehicle for the first time.
    The fun to drive factor was off the scale.
    The only thing I didn't care for was the Barbados Blue color which was a little too conservative for me.
    The result of my test drive is that I have placed a deposit with the same dealer for an 05 GTO, 6-sp, Impulse Blue, Blue interior with the option to order any separate 05 option packages that may become available such as hood scoop(s), etc.
    By the way, what is the latest information on what will be available for the 2005 GTO?
  • Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    How could they possibly keep you from selling the car before two years?

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    If you sell the car and someone else brings it in for service, it's red-flagged. Kind of like how we can purchase Apple Macintosh G5 desktops and PowerBooks using our Apple Developer Program discount, but we can't resell the machines for a year.

Thanks for the heads-up on that, montanafan. I am not a "chronic car buyer" and generally keep my vehicles 3-6 years, or more. My wife will get the GTO (dealer called today and accepted the GMS pricing, financing is approved by GMAC, and my insurance quote isn't too bad, so it's just up to her test-drive seal of approval) for the first year or so, then I'll retire my Aurora and she can get a G6 GTP next fall (after we rebuild our GM Card $$$). My co-worker wants her GTP bad. Amazing how this is all coming together in a matter of a couple of days :-)

--Robert
  • Options
    From the prematurely-posted press release, dated August 1:

"Enjoying a place back in Pontiac’s lineup for the first time in 30 years, the GTO answers the call of modern muscle car enthusiasts. For 2005, the GTO receives a new engine – the LS2 V-8 – and new exterior choices The LS2 produces 400 horsepower (295 kw); up from 350 horses (261 kw), and 395 lb.-ft. of torque (546 Nm), up from 365 lb.-ft, (495 Nm). More rumble comes from a new, split dual-exhaust system and new exterior options include two new colors and an available hood scoop. "

For my wife and I, the Cosmos Purple color is excellent (once I apply a dozen or so coats of Zaino :-), we don't need the additional 50 HP, and don't care for the hood scoops (I like the "sleeper" factor (lots of folks think they can just blow by my modded Aurora (Autobahn). Only thing that makes me pause is wondering if we'd get better incentives after this announcement, but I don't know that we'll wait.

--Robert
  • Options
    I think you are wise to go for the 2004 Cosmos Purple GTO as I understand that color (along with Barbados Blue) will be replaced with a gray (aka/odyssey?) and a different shade of blue for 2005. For some reason the color white is absent, both 2004 and 2005, must not be popular down-under.

Also agree with you on the stealth look of the present model without tacked on cladding, hood scoops and "ricer type" high spoilers/wings.

I am certain that you will enjoy your 2004 GTO. Please keep us informed!
  • Options
    desertrat5desertrat5 Member Posts: 85
    One dealer in the Phoenix area is advertising GTOs at invoice. Another is offering over $3000 off of the MSRP. How does that compare with the rest of the country?
  • Options
    monarocountrymonarocountry Member Posts: 5
    It looked to me like an overgrown Lumina. I couldn't believe the $34,500 sticker price...I say this. Who in their right mind would spend that kind of cash for this car? What the hell would have been wrong with re-designing the Firebird and Camaro

Some people actually want to own a GROWN UP car with good fit and finish, great roomy interiors. In short an executive coupe, like BMWs.
  • Options
    Local dealer in southwestern part of Virginia (Galax, VA) has a black with red interior new 04 6-sp GTO which salesman said could be bought for less than sticker. How much below I don't know as I have an order in with another local dealer for an 05 GTO and I had no interest in the 04.
    Greed is now "GOOD" for potential buyers of 04 GTOs that have been held by greedy dealers asking thousands over sticker. Now those same dealers will be anxious to unload their 6 month old inventory before the 05s arrive! It's great to see a buyer's market again for the GTO. If dealers had sold their GTOs at sticker or a few dollars under, I am certain that 04 unit sales would be at least double what they are now.
  • Options
    I bet rear wheel drive, 350hp (soon 400hp) Lumina's (read overgrown as in Monte Carlo SS trim) would out sell BMW ten to one!
    I agree that the rather plain looks of the 04 GTO initially turned me off. It took a test drive in an 04 GTO to convince me that looks can be deceiving. I am at the point in life where I no longer care about impressing people who already resent me and to spend my hard earned money to have something to further alienate those types just doesn't make good sense. I want something to drive that I throughly enjoy, read "fun to drive"!
    Back to subject, the GTO is a unique automobile from Detroit (even if by way of Australia) and I would simply hate to see it not succeed simply because potential buyers refuse to give it a second look, especially a test drive before writing it off. If the GTO doesn't make it, I wouldn't give the rear wheel drive Camaro/Firebird a snowball's chance in h**l of being even considered to be brought back to life.
  • Options
    johnhenry3johnhenry3 Member Posts: 9
    I'm looking into trading in my 02 Trailblazer for an 04 GTO. It looks like leases are becoming more reasonable for July. Anybody have any advice in what kind of rate jump I can expect going to a GTO? This is my first foray into the 350 HP arena and don't want to be too shocked by my rate quote...although my TB wasn't exactly cheap!
  • Options
    Just answered my own question....the 04 GTO will be about $300 more a year than my 02 Trailblazer. That's a small price to pay to get in to that vehicle!
  • Options
    fastcardriverfastcardriver Member Posts: 2
    I am seriously considering purchasing an 04 GTO. I have would like to get peoples thoughts on the following:

1. What are people currently paying for 04s?

2. I test drove one and was impressed by the quality. My initial impression is that the GTO is as good as or better than the 01 Lexus IS300 I just finished leasing in terms of quality. Do any current owners have any quality or reliability problems? Has any owner noticed squeaks and rattles?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
  • Options
    The dealer we're working with (for a Cosmos Purple automatic) says the auto cars aren't selling, but the sticks are (he's doing GMS pricing on the auto, but not on the stick). GMS pricing is a little north of 30k for the auto, a little south of 30k for the stick. Figure 1-2% above that as the lowest possible price a dealer will sell one for, and work from there.

Right now there's reduced financing (0.9/1.9/2.9) on the GTO. I have read "on another board" that, with 6k unsold cars sitting in inventory, there may be some new incentives announced next week, or the first week in August (the '05, with LS2, is to be announced August 1, unless GM changes the date of the prematurely-posted press release). I'm torn between locking in the car I want at the lower finance rate, and waiting. Since there are two or three other Cosmos Purple autos within 100 miles, I think we're waiting (though I do have my GMAC financing all approved, so can make the deal happen at any minute).

Regarding insurance, I haven't seen an accident or ticket in 8 years (knocking wood heavily), nor my wife in the 10+ years I've known her. The yearly difference between the GTO and her 2001 GTP is $90, and it's more like $110 between the GTO and my '98 Aurora, so the insurance pricing isn't too bad for a car with this horsepower (one of the reasons I'd like an '04 rather than '05 - afraid the horsepower boost will cause insurance prices to rise - not to mention we want the Cosmos Purple color, which I understand won't be available next year, and that we're not too interested in the hood scoops - like the sleeper look).

As Tom Petty sang, "the waiting is the hardest part..."

*sigh*

--Robert
  • Options
    I heard the same thing about incentives next week and have decided to wait until next Tuesday to do my deal. The dealer was nice enough to hold my black with red interior 6-spd until then.

I getting a GMS lease, $1k down at under $390 a month in cluding tax.
  • Options
    Pricing depends greatly on your location. On the west coast dealers are still asking and getting huge premiums over MSRP. Here in the midwest there are plenty of cars. I know of a Chicago dealer that is willing to sell a 6 speed for $30,878 to anyone who walks in the door. East coast prices still seem to be holding close to MSRP but deals are becoming more common. With over 6K cars to sell before the '05 arrives in December the deals will only get better as we head into the fall.

This is a summary of complaints I pulled from another board:

MECHANICAL

1. Thunking (banging) noise in rear on hard acceleration – several instances. Attributable to wheel hop with differential nose contacting underbody.
    2. Slight valve lifter noise heard at cold startup
    3. Front suspension noises on cornering – most fixed by removing shipping blocks from front springs – should have been removed during PDI
    4. Transmission jumps out of 3rd or 4th gear upon deceleration
    5. Extremely hard to engage reverse
    6. “Check Engine” light on, engine knocks on acceleration, rough idle
    7. Very difficult to engage any forward gear, reverse will not engage – car being towed to dealer today
    8. Bad clutch, being replaced
    9. Can’t shift into first or reverse

BODY

1. Cracked rear bumper
    2. Back bumper had been replaced due to damage in transit or at production facility
    3. Damage from shipping, especially on the bottoms of the bumpers and rocker panels.
    4. Rear passenger window scratched
    5. Passenger door seal leak
    6. Paint imperfections and chips/scratches
    7. Trunk lid will not close unless slammed hard
    8. Right front fender misaligned
    9. Washer system fluid freezes up in cold temperatures – fixed by draining/refilling
    10. Washer nozzles not aimed properly, driver’s side nozzle foams and runs down hood – (windshield washer jets can be adjusted with a pin)
    11. 2 nickel sized "dimples" in the plastic immediately to the left and right of the license plate
    12. Paint peeling on the lower leading edge of the drivers side head lights. Peel is 2-3 inches long and only on the edge (no impact marks anywhere) - no lower peel. Looks like paint may have bubbled there.
    13. Small cut in the sidewall of one tire and rim has small (1/2" at the most) mark that almost looks like a smudge.
    14. In the showroom under bright lights could see lots of swirls on some parts of the body. The car looked as if it had been washed with a Scotchbrite.
    15. Low beam headlight range seems extremely short. Seem to illuminate only about 20 feet in front of car. Several instances – whether or not this is a problem still seems an open issue.
    16. Many, many scuffs/scratches throughout the paint.
    17. "GTO" lettering in grill has the paint coming off of it around the edges of the lettering, cross in the Pontiac spear has bubbles in it.
    18. Scratches and nicks in trunk from the spoiler installation
    19. Mark at the tip of the nose where the hood meets the bumper. It does not look like a scratch or rock chip but just a smudge or trash in the paint
    20. Two spots with scars. 1/8” bit on the edge of the trunk lid where paint is chipped off and about a 1/16 x 1/2 inch spot in the groove below the passenger door looks like it had sand in it.
    21. Minor paint job issues on the front side panel described by salesman as "factory overspray" and also the rear bumper had a little spot where it looked as if it was sanded off.
    22. Paint has orange peel.
    23. Trunk wouldn’t latch

INTERIOR

1. “GTO” dashboard emblem fallen off
    2. Satin stainless trim material on steering wheel spokes wrinkling/delaminating/scratched – many instances
    3. Satin stainless trim on shifter knob bubbled
    4. Creaking noises from back of drivers seat.
    5. Creaking noises from back of driver's side door.
    6. Defrosters don’t adequately clear side windows – several instances
    7. Driver’s seat squeaks
    8. Passenger side vents blow much cooler air than the driver's side
    9. Seat squeaking noise. Known fault with all current Holdens. Fix is to shave some of the plastic trim off the bottom of the side seat cover.

ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC:

1. Display screens under speedometer and fuel and temp gauges don’t work properly. Center screen missing bottom half of display. Two outside displays completely inoperative.
    2. Driver Information Center bottom half screen display inoperative
    3. Fuel gauge and speedometer anomalies (weird behavior).
    4. Engine temperature gauge anomalies (ditto the fuel gauge and speedometer).
    5. Shift light apparently inoperative – several instances
    6. Battery will not accept a full charge.
    7. Power door lock failures – several instances
    8. Power passenger seat stopped working - stuck all the way forward with the seatback forward as well
    9. Driver’s side power seat sometimes making grinding sounds and doesn’t move smoothly – dealer replaced seat base on a Holden with similar problem
    10. Engine light on at 900+ miles for no apparent reason – maybe loose gas cap?
    11. “Auto Off” lights not working.
    12. Remote sometimes works normally. More often, have to operate directly by driver's door. Failed to work altogether a couple of times, triggered the alarm opening the door with the key. Tried both remotes, same thing.
    13. Upon engine start, get a warning beep and temperature gauge deflects to Hot. Message on dash displaying "Temp Too Hot". After a few seconds all returns to normal.
    14. At idle at about 70° ambient, cooling fan kicked in and temperature gauge went to “Hot”. Stayed there a couple seconds, then came back down, everything normal again.
    15. This has happened to a few others in one of the "problem" threads. A short spike of the temp gauge, then it settles back to normal.
    16. While driving, lost manual speedometer for about 15 minutes then went back to normal.
    17. At a dead stop at a traffic light the speedometer indicates 200mph. Many occurrences.
    18. Wouldn't respond to the remote lock, tried spare remote and nothing still, noticed that the “Locked” icon on the dash was blinking even though the car was not locked. Ended up having to manually to lock it with the key.
    19. Battery completely dead, will not accept charge, car towed to dealer
  • Options
    sportgtosportgto Member Posts: 14
    I have seen almost all of the electrical problems stated, and the battery is always the problem. The batteries were allowed to loose almost all charge when the cars were shipped over here. Afterwards the battery is not able to take a full charge, and for some reason, the gauges, locks, and everything else acts wierd till the battery completely dies and is replaced. After replacement, everything is back to normal. I have only seen the problem in the first few cars shipped over here. I work at a Pontiac dealer and come into contact with the car daily.
  • Options
    yzfr1nyzfr1n Member Posts: 8
    I don't like to be the one saying "I told you so". Back in message #701 I focused on how the GTO sales would be poor, even before the car made it to American shores.

Now I am telling GM unless a serious effort is made the bean counters won’t let the GTO make it passed 2006, YES YOU READ IT RIGHT, 2006. The GTO will go down in history as a flop, and with only three years on American shores, small spare parts inventory, minuscule population, exacerbated insurance rates, pathetic resale values we won’t be seeing too many versions of the current GTO anywhere for the rest of the decade.

Those behind the GTO project are touting that while GTO sales are poor; the model is attracting buyers to Pontiac show rooms…I don’t think so…just ask the average person what is a GTO, 1 in 20 might have a clue. Where does this leave people like us, the driving enthusiasts? With an abandoned effort that’s what.

According to my sources (http://www.mlive.com/news/statewide/index.ssf?/base/news-4/10878- 5400055670.xml) the GTO will not be improved mechanically for 2005, this single fact seals the fate of the GTO, unfortunately for the worse. If the 6.0 400hp engine is not installed with visual enhancements there will be a glut of GTO’s on dealer lots that can not be sold, at the current pace not even HALF of the 04s will be sold by the time the 05s are being driven off the ships.

A warning to those thinking of purchasing the GTO in the coming months, BE PATIENT!, by the end of the year there will be $4000 (minimum) rebates and dealers will do anything to get their 04 cars off the lot’s. All those who actually do a little bit of true searching know you can have your pick of color and transmission (at least in the North East).

The only true savior for the 05 GTO and future GTO’s is the new 6.0 engine. Even if the 6.0 is given to the GTO for 05, the price won’t be able to go up, probably will go down a bit but at least the power for the money will cause such a stir SALES WILL IMPROVE. Those willing to drive a Mustang will have shifted away from GM in 05 but the media won’t be able to cover up the new power for the GTO. For the GTO’s sake, I hope they’ve made the upgrade.

Next year the GTO will not sell for sticker price, dealers all over the country are going to feel a pinch this year they won’t forget soon, it’ll be good for them though, calm their egos hopefully reminding them that after all, they are just Pontiac dealers, not BMW or Acura, not even Honda or Toyota.
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    In all frankness, Lutz has been quoted as saying the GTO has a bright future in GM's plans.

Regardless of what's stated here, truth told, we don't know what GM plans to do. We can speculate, but that's about it.

Personally, I believe that GM will probably ride the GTO without any major upgrades since the car has been so well reviewed, as is. All the tooling has already been paid for. They don't need to sell many of them to make money and it's a nice "halo" car for Pontiac.

I bought a Vibe a month ago. I had the opportunity to sit in and drive a GTO breifly, when waiting for my Vibe to be prepped. It's a high quality piece. Pontiac shouldn't have any reason to fret over it's build quality compared to any other manufacturer. It's fast as stink, is comfortable and handles well.

I'd prefer the styling to be a little less derivative, but that would be the only thing I would change. That would be easy enough to do with a few add-ons here and there.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I read an interesting commment in the last issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines about the new GTO.

One of the contributing editors was speculating that the GTO's difficulties are about this:

1. Baby boomers who remember the GTO don't like the new one because it's nothing like the old one.

2. Younger buyers haven't a clue as to what the old GTO was, so it doesn't resonate with them in terms of marketing.
  • Options
    Pontiac is changing the car big-time for '05. LS2 engine (400 hp), hood scoops (not sure if they're optional), bigger brakes, true separated dual exhaust/new rear fascia, et. al. Other than the hood scoops, they're not changing the appearance much, which seems to be people's #1 complaint about the car ("looks too much like a Grand Prix/Grand Am/Lumina/Cavalier*). It sure doesn't look or feel like one of those once you get behind the wheel, that's for darned sure.

There will probably be some more incremental changes for '06, and then a newer GTO, to be built somewhere in North America, will probably materialize (and, rumors have it, will have a Camaro sister) in 2007 or 2008.

--Robert
    * Ever seen pix of the front end of a mid-60's GTO and a mid-60's Grand Prix? They look a lot alike, just like th current GTO looks like the previous-generation Grand Prix. I'll agree the GTO may be a little "sleeper" but I personally like that in a vehicle :-)
  • Options
    tolenashtolenash Member Posts: 52
    Anyone notice a small amount of fluid coming from rear-passenger side of the rear differetial?

I was underneath the car checking the clerances and layout of pipes and whatnot when I saw it. Wasn't dripping/flowing/gushing but there was deffinitely diff. fluid coming from one of the bolts.

BTW, I love this car - Impulse blue with blue leather, m6. My coworkers are ecstatic about it. They always want me to drive to lunch.

The only thing I miss is a door (un)lock switch near the window switches. Everything else (small trunk, knee knocker aka glove box, no nav, no sunroof) I can live with. I've already seen the hood with active intakes I want to get.
  • Options
    ridgecrestgtoridgecrestgto Member Posts: 3
    I've never noticed any fluid leaks on my baby. You might try this question in the forums at ls1gto.com.
  • Options
    According to sources on ls1gto.com, the hood scoops will not be optional. I suppose that's OK as long as they are done tastefully.

I personally am not a fan of many of the hoods with scoops for the 04, but I do like the PFYC Banshee hood that is available. Lots of people find the MPD hood attractive but I don't like the ridge down the middle.
  • Options
    I don't know how accurate the HMM impression of the GTO is. In my town, everywhere I go (Starbucks, WalMart, Autozone, KMart, Mervyns, Staples, etc.) I find people asking about my car.

The other night I was sitting out front of Starbucks and these two girls get in their Civic after walking by my car. Well, the passenger doubletakes, gets back out of the car, and goes over to the look at the GTO, then she starts hopping up and down saying how beautiful the GTO is. I told her she was right and she asked if it was mine, I said yeah, we talked for a few about it, and it was cool.
  • Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    The same issue of HMM had a small item about a '70 Malibu SS/454
    LS6 changing hands for over $300 thousand. I don't neccessarily believe that particular story but let me pose a question [to all not just Shifty]:

The most collectible of all Muscle Cars is clearly the hotter versions of the Malibu SS, good ones bring exoticar prices ergo is it possible that GM would have been better off selling the LS1 Monaro coupe as a "Malibu SS" (notwithstanding the current use of the Malibu name on the lackluster front-driver)?

Flame away boys!

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options
    I am also of the belief that the hood scoops will not be optional. What will be optional is the flat hood, the scoops will be standard.
  • Options
    bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Also available is a new hood design incorporating a pair of stylish air scoops. The scoops draw fresh air in to the GTO’s engine compartment
  • Options
    So there will be 3 hood choices?
  • Options
    bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    No, I believe just two. The current one and then the one with two hood scoops.
  • Options
    Ok then we agree.
  • Options
    If you finance the vehicle through GMAC (or do a SmartBuy), there's a $2000 rebate. This is compatible with the 36/0.9%, 48/1.9%, 60/2.9% financing, as well as GMS/GM Supplier, et. al.

Looks like we'll be moving on getting a GTO this week...

--Robert
  • Options
    tolenashtolenash Member Posts: 52
    Beware - some dealers won't offer the GMS pricing on selected models (including GTO).

It is really at their discretion to which vehicles. You should still be able to get the financing deal.

I bought my GTO Friday 16th (blue/blue,m6) with no incentives as they wouldn't qualify me for financing through their preferred bank or GM financial, however, I was able to talk em down a $1500 and went with my own bank, USAA, and got a much better rate (4.59 vs 5.9)and included GAP insurance.
  • Options
    bmarkbmark Member Posts: 52
    I love this car. I think the best part about the car is the styling. Even though it does look like the Grand Am GrandPrix, it doesn't stand out, and attract cops. I spent an hour driving the 2004 around the Washington D.C area, and can't wait until the 2005 is available. I am going to order one as soon as its available
  • Options
    July = 897
    YTD = 4584

The GMAC incentives have been extended until 8/31/04 and they are obviously working. They'll still be lucky to top 10K sold.

The "leaked" press release on the '05 came out on 8/1. The major changes being the LS2, optional hood scoops, split dual exhaust, and bigger brakes.

I'm curious if they did anything with the location of the gas tank. The current size of the trunk is way too small to be very useful.
  • Options
    The trunk layout is the same. As a matter of fact, they have made that layout standard for the Australian Monaro as well, ticking off some of the Aussies...

The hood scoops are standard, but there's a "delete" option, so the great majority of '05's will come with them. Two new colors (a blue-grey, replacing Barbados Blue, and a dark blue, replacing Cosmos Purple). New rear fascia (with separated dual exhaust) as well.

--Robert
  • Options
    exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    Thanks...
  • Options
    rob999rob999 Member Posts: 233
    Sunroof/moonroof, too??
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    "Sunroof/moonroof, too?? "

According to the current Ordering Guide, no.
    - Ray
    Who would be MUCH more interested in the GTO, given availability of a moonroof and a 5-speed man-u-matic auto trans – allowing for no Gas Guzzler tax, among other desirable things - but expecting that (realistically)the latter will be available first on the C6 . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
This discussion has been closed.