Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    If one has been following the GM saga, much has been written about the fact that GM Credit GMAC is by far one of the more profitable aspects of GM.

When I bought my 2004, from one of the salesman, no less than the organizations finance director made a full court press to get me to consider financing.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Don't know what kind of dealers you deal with but I've never had a salesman ask how I'm gonna pay! Surely not "in the first 10 mins". Only comes up when they start processing the paperwork AFTER I have decided to purchase.
  • briandwestphalbriandwestphal Member Posts: 3
    I took possession of my new Civic two days ago. Driving it off the showroom floor while all available salespersons applauded was a very proud experience. In past vehicle purchases, I always experienced at least a little bit of post-purchase regret, but not on this purchase. I'm very happy with everything....the car, the deal, the dealership.

One thing to note, the audio system is incredible. The sound wraps around you and you'll experience the detailed highs as well as the deep bass....very nice! FYI, I got the Galaxy Grey color and also got the trunk-lid spoiler, all-season floor mats, trunk tray, and splashguards. I got plenty of "head-turners" when driving it home. Upon purchase, it had only 13 miles, but now in two days it has nearly 300! No regrets...good luck to all who are considering the Civic!
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Salesmen are like a box of chocolates...Ya never know which one.....

Point being, financing is a revenue stream for dealerships.
    so what's the answer?

Manny wrote>> I was told by the saleman I met today that there is no such thing as 'made to order' for Honda cars from Honda Motors. One just have to locate the car and buy what is there. Honda makes cars with a precalculated formula. For example, Honda Motors Manufacturing Facility in Ohio would make 100 Honda 06 Civics today, 50 would be 4 door LX sedans, 25 would be EX sedans, 25 would be Ex coupes. Out of the 25 Ex sedans 23 would be automatic, 2 manual, and 20 without navigation and 5 with navigation. Then Honda Motors would allocate these cars to different dealerships, with the better selling dealers getting the cars in most demand. Therefore if you are finicky and wants a special color and a special configuration, you can just wait, or look around and hope to get lucky. The dealer that takes your money as a deposit, then order the car from the factory is fooling you. He is just waiting for his allocation. And you better pay him a premium, because he owes you no royalty. When the allocated car comes, it is always going to the highest bidder first, not to the fellow that gave the deposit. So you could theoretically wait forever. Is this story true, or is it one of the cockamanic stories that salesmen tell to make the customer buying whatever he has on the showroom or in storage?
    Please anyone, clarify this for me. I am confused. Thanks, Manny
  • manueltrans1manueltrans1 Member Posts: 136
    Craig:

I agree with you, it is BAIT and SWITCH, and attempted SLAUGHTER. Lucky you, you escaped.

This was my experience, all too similar to yours.

I called the dealership's Internet Department at 10 a.m. and arrived at 3 p.m the same day and did not find the car that was supposed to have been in the showroom. The Internet department had assured me that there is a 06 EX with MT and Navi sitting in the showroom for two weeks.

And there was not even one car in the showroom which was under renovation. It has been under renovation for quite sometime.

The sales person that the Internet correspondent panned me out to knew nothing about what I want, and told me that there never could have been such a car there because Honda does not make an EX Civic sedan with MT and Navi, until I contradicted him.

I was then worked over by three different salesmen trying to force a sale on me
    on a configuration of an 06 Civic that I did want. At a price I did not want to pay.

I come to the conclusion that in some dealerships, the Internet Department serve as a conduit for traffic to the showroom. They use any and all tactics to generate as much traffic as possible. If they get a hundred fools to come in, they might be able to slaughter one or two.

Now most everyone in our time has a computer. And the first thing you do to buy a car is going into the Internet. Here we go-------the Internet Department.

My Conclusion: In my own experience, it was BAIT and SWITCH and for a possible SLAUGHTER after they work you over, and confuse the hell out of you.

The thinking is to get as many suckers to come in as you can. And you will never run out of suckers, there are plenty of suckers born everyday.

It is not the Salesperson's fault. He is just a cork in the wheel. It is the dealership that sets the tone and the policy. It sets the policy because it must have been profitable to do so.

Now can anybody tell me what to do? Manny
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,139
    Honda Civics... Prices Paid & Buying Experiences

Stick to it, or posts will be taken down without notice.... Some personally directed posts already have..

And, yes... offering a salesperson a "tip", to give you a better price... is no different from slipping a stockboy $50, to slide you that television out the back door of Best Buy... You would both be stealing..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cmmarschcmmarsch Member Posts: 23
    I signed a "buyer's order" yesterday with this deal on it. Didn't yet sign a leasing contract or put any money down. I am supposed to mail a check tomorrow for $500 though to hold the incoming car.

The deal is on a 2006 EX sedan without navigation:
    my car ($1750)
    1900 cash, taxes and fees included

and 204/month plus tax for 42 months, 12K miles/year.

I am nervous that I made a bad decision. It seems that all over the message board it says not to put any money down on a lease.

I am not sure if I am locked into this deal by signing that "buyer's order" or what. I tried at least three other dealerships - they all agreed to match this deal but refused to beat it even if I threatened to walk out so I thought that that was the best I could do.

Also, this dealership has the car coming in that I want (royal blue with tan interior) in the next week. it does seem that dealerships here are very low on stock so I am wary to back out.

the other part of the story is that I have a car that is about to fall apart as my trade in so I would like to dump it ASAP.

I have no idea about a money factor and don't know the residual or how to find it out so don't get too complicated on me.

my county has 7% tax if you need to know this.

I really appreciate any help and advice you have to offer.

Thanks.
    What does it mean that I signed a buyer's order ?? I think I want out of the deal I signed a buyer's order on ... I think I could do a lot better after reading some posts. I didn't give them any money. Can I still back out or change the deal ? HELP !! This is supposed to happen today !!
  • anonymouspostsanonymousposts Member Posts: 3,802
    We put a deposit down for a 2003 Accord Coupe EX-L back in October 2002 and when they couldn't produce the car we got our $500 deposit back even though we had signed the buyers order.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    It is difficult for us to comment (and you do need to allow more than 40 minutes!!) without seeing your buyer's order. There may or may not be language in there indicating whether the deal can be revoked by either party, but without seeing it, there's no way to give you concrete advice.

I am guessing that if no money has yet changed hands, you're not locked into it. If you don't send them the $500 check, they're not going to hold the vehicle for you. And this is currently a hot-seller, so they're not exactly going to have a problem getting rid of it.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Keep LQQK ing!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Well, that's not exactly how it works...

It's true, there are no "factory orders". Cars are allocated to dealers based on volume. It only makes sense that the dealers who sell the most get the highest allocated. The dealers can choose the cars they want.

So, a small dealer may not order any cars that aren't very popular. As an example, for every five speed NAVI they order ther would be one fast seller they wouldn't get.
    Sorry for my impatience. I am just really nervous about this as it's my first new car and I feel like I have to make a decision now. my dad suggested that I may have 48hours to change my mind after signing and it's been about 44 so that was my rush.

Do you think I got a bad deal on my lease as that's really my concern ?

trade in car worth 1750 plus 1900 cash (includes TTL and other fees/taxes)

42 month 12K miles/year at 204/month.

I am just wondering if I should have tried to put less down and paid a little more in payments. i saw that someone else on this board paid 650 down. same lease terms but 260/month. that seems much better than my deal.
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    I've never been a fan of leasing, leased a '99 Odyssey, never again. I never felt like I owned the car, always worried about something happening to it.

Looks like the total of your monthly payments, plus your trade and down payment puts you at $12218 total. Any other fees at lease end, like a drop off fee? That's why I hate leasing so much, so many other variables the dealer can use to confuse you.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help.
    Isell:

Please don't use the phrase '5 Speed' to describe the Manual Transmission 06 Civic Sedan. The Automatic Transmission is also '5 Speed'.

I am here just remembering the 'slick salesman' trying to confuse me by changing the words out of my mouth and tried to take my deposit and make me sign a paper for the wrong car. "Yes, I do have a 5 Speed coming in, it is here on the Computer Screen.....see."

HE MUST HAVE BEEN FACING EVICTION FROM HIS APARTMENT FOR LACK OF RENT. ANYONE HE TALKS TO, HE Attempts to GET RENT MONEY OUT OF HIM. Whatever it takes for a short term gain. These are the actions of truly desperate and starving people.

Car Salesmen are not really a bad bleed, they are just people in a bind. I am glad I am a car buyer, and not a car salesperson.

Thanks for the information about car allocations for dealers. Knowledge is always helpful.

Sincerely, Manny
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    It's going to be tough for anyone to comment on your overall deal. What's the MSRP, how much of a discount are you getting, etc. I've spoken with about four or five dealers, some don't have enough of these cars, others do and are very aggressive. By your post It seems to me that your chasing a monthly payment??? What is your budget, monthly? Is the EX a reach and LX more in your price range? if I'm reading this correct your down payment totals $3650? That's a good enough payment to purchase as oppose to assuming a lease.

I agree with the host the salesperson will not hold you to an agreement on a vehicle he can sell same day. He/she may use a scare tactic at worse. If your having second thoughts call your dealership up and tell your salesrep, maybe you can agree on new parameters? You may find out your really don't need or want to lease.
    I originally wanted to keep my payments in the 210-220 range and so thought leasing was my only option. But then when i thought about all that money i was putting down, it seemed if I stretched that out over the 42 months, it would be like 85 dollars more per month that I could potentially afford. I truthfully have no idea what I can afford because I have never had a car payment.

I also thought leasing was a good option because I am in my medical residency right now. And, to be honest, basically I make 40K a year. When I finish in about 2.5 yrs I will start at a minimum of 250-300K per year. So what I can afford now is very different from what I will want to drive in less than three years.

If I purchase, to afford payments, I think I would have to stretch it out to at least 60 months. But what happens if I want to get rid of the car in 3 yrs? I am just so confused about the whole thing that I don't know what to do.
    Also, when you ask what's the MSRP ? Isn't that number the same for all Civic EX sedans AT ?? We didn't discuss that number at all when figuring out the deal? I think I saw a number that was 19,060 somewhere. would that be it ?
    Leasing a vehicle, unless you have a "business" umbrella to cover it is really one of the worst ways to "use/own/rent/ etc" a vehicle. Another is to buy a depreciating new vehicle on time with interest. I think if you see your way to distill it to cost per mile driven; on paper, it will/should/ probably changed your decision!!

To cut to the chase or the upshot: 1-5 years old USED Honda Civic/Accord. The good news: YOU don't NOW have a CAR payment. So why would you want to interrupt your GOOD news by HAVING car payments? So if you want only semi BAD news, ask yourself if you MUST have a car payment is a higher car payment better than a lower car payment?
    I am confused by your message. I think you are saying that I should purchase a used honda and not lease a new one. is that right ? I have a car without car payments now but it's about to kick the bucket. and what was that last sentence ? would i want lower or higher payments ?? i don't get your question? also, to consider my situation, i only want this for 3-3.5 years max.
    When you have car payments, you agree for a period of time, to give up a certain amount of it. Far better to be able to afford/own a car, for say your period of 3/3.5 years than make car payments. Also the long distance real question you should ask yourself ; how many years going forward do you see yourself with out having a car? If you are like most folks not likely in your lifetime and you will give up your privilege to drive kicking and screaming when you are OLD. So do not get your self condemned at an early age by getting used to the habit of having CAR PAYMENTS.
    Dr. Marsch:

Unless one is really shrewd in mathematics, or one is a good accountant, when leasing a car, one usually gets taken by the much more experienced and shrewd salesperson in this type of thing.

The complicated mathematics involves, interest rates, down payments, assumption of the residual value of the car at the end of the lease. It also involves the terms of the use of the car, mileage limits and surcharge, insurance coverage and many other factors.

Also when returning the car you could get charged for certain excess wear and tear and scratches and damages too that are not obvious.

But put it this way, Dr. Marsch, you need a car now. You are now temporarily an average Joe in terms of making money. Soon you will be the Man, the One that charges an arm and a leg for the services you sell. You will then be sitting on the other side of the table. This here is chum change for now.

I say, go and lease the car, you need to be in the driver's seat quickly. A busy doctor in training cannot be wasting his time, for petty change, when a desperately
    probably, and forever poor salesman need to pay his rent. Give the money to him.

Thanks, hope it is helpful.

Manny
    6th grade mathematics?
  • soccerhorsesoccerhorse Member Posts: 10
    Isellhondas -
    I went to look locally for an EX, with AT and navigation. All the EXs had no navigation. Is this not a popular option? Since you indicated you cannot "factory order" one, is it impossible to get an EX with AT and navi in atomic blue? Or do I have to search and find one? Or am I just kind of stuck with what is out there on the showroom floor?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    I don't really understand your post.

We call automatics---automatics

We call manuals -- 5 speeds or sometimes "sticks"

And, trust me, I am FAR from being in any kind of a "bind".

Sad that anyone could be that desperate.
    Well...

ALL 2006 Civics are in short supply and this is especially the case with the NAVI ones. The NAVI models don't sell nearly as well as the non navis so a lot of dealers don't order any or very few. For every NAVI we order, that's one non NAVI we can't get.

When you zero in on ONE color you really reduce your odds of finding one.
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    cmmarsch,

I disagree with the other post....If I was in your shoes I would purchase vice leasing...if you lease you will have mileage restrictions put on you, you will have to think about what's going to happen when you return the car from the lease, will it have more than normal wear and tear. The only one that is going to make that decision in the dealer you are returning it to...you will have input on what you think about the wear and tear...but in the end...you will pay.
    To me leasing means renting....so instead of renting from Budget....your renting from your local dealer....not a good thing in my opinion...If you buy, the bank may own the car until the loan is paid off but they are not going to put a mileage limit on you....and the normal wear and tear will be detremined by you....although that may be subject to a trade-in condition.
    Honda is one of the best resale car on the merket today...so let's say you gert rid of it in three years....all you have to do is wash it once in a while, maintain the regular sked maintenance and you should be good to go in getting the most out of your car. Trust me everyone goes through the same thing you are....but keep the big picture in mind.....if your going to make the money you say here in the near future....does it really matter if you lose a bit on the car? There is allot of financing options out there that you can use....pick the one that fits your wallet without being taken at the dealership. Take someone with you who can help you..i.e. friend, relative, co-worker, etc....Buying a car is a BIG deal if your not prepared for it....financing a car for 60 months in the norm now days....even 72 to 84 months is becoming more popular....and if your only going to keep the car for 3 years....you may pay more $$$ on the loan IF you keep it for the full 5 plus years....but right now you need a car right? Again, take your time....until you take delivery of the car and sign and final paperwork...anything is possible as far as your purchasing options. Just come back to this forum and everyone will help you out the best way we can...good luck.
    That one to 5 year old Honda Civic/Accord/Acura is sure looking better! :)
    Thanks for your advice.

Here are my issues:
    1. If I decide to purchase, my payments will be higher now (when I have no money) than if I lease, correct?

2. What if I stretch out the loan to say 5 or 6 years and only keep the car 3 ? Does that do me any good ?? I guess what would happen is that I would owe the rest of the 2-3 years of payments. So would that amount that I owe get subtracted off of the value of the car at that time and then the rest of the value would go towards my trade in? I am just confused about how all of this works.

3. This dealership has the one car that matches what I want in color. There are only three in the whole southeast (two different dealerhsips have told me this).

4. I feel like I can't bargain much with them because these cars seem to be leaving the lots so quickly. What leverage do I have to bargain if they can just sell it to the next Joe who walks in ?

5. If I can bargain, what kind of price do you think I should be paying ?

Thanks for your help. I really really appreciate all of it.
    Sure!

1. My guess without seeing the numbers is yes. Reason being in theory you are paying for the whole thing vs lease "the part you use"

2. While the actual payments would tend to be less per mo on the lease and more on the purchase 3. it does you no real good, and yes it would be "subtracted" when you go to sell. Also if leased you would have to get a buyer to assume the lease. To add confusion, you might ask what is the buy out portion at various times of the lease.

3/4. this is the real reason to consider 1-5 year used. To look at it from the dealer perspective, why would he want to sell for less when he can sell for more? When I got my 2004 Honda Civic NEW, without a lot of leverage, I got 1200 or so UNDER invoice.The price difference between the lowest model 2006 LX and my 2004 Civic is $4,746.(at like times of course) !!!!!! This 2006 Honda Civic, epecially right now is HOT HOT HOT; i.e., not much in the way of discounts.

5. At invoice if your heart is set on a 2006 would be good to shoot at. However I get the sense most dealers would either laugh you off or politely tell you MSRP. MSRP seems to be what the 2006 Honda Civic is going for at this time frame.
  • ixoceanixocean Member Posts: 2
    ...why not use something like carsdirect.com or ...? You don't have to pay MSRP. The dealers would like everyone to believe they are flying off the lots, but that is simply not the case at every dealership. If you can wait a few more months, like us, production will catch up with (supposed) demand and you'll be able to buy one below MSRP, perhaps even below invoice. It's all cyclical.
    Dear Soccerhorse:

Ex Civic 06 4 dr. with AT and Navi is a lot easier to spot than EX Civic 06 4 dr. with
    MT. Ex with AT and Navi in atomic blue is possible to get if it is part of the production program, but rare indeed.

I am still studying this issue about 'no factory orders'. The issue of whether 'Dealer Requests' are possible or not is now the question. Another question is how much more would the car buyer be charged for a dealer request.
    I was told by someone who profess to know that it is possible for a dealer to do a 'dealer swap'.

In other words for the dealer to exchange one of their cars that the other dealer want for yours. I gather that if the car is more in demand by more people would still be hard to get. No dealer would want to swap a fast moving model for a slower one.

You are in a similar predicament I am in. Except I am looking for an Ex 06 with Navi and MT with 4 doors. Theoretically a cheaper car than an AT, but rarer. One dealer has offered to get this car for me via swapping, but he charges a premium. He wants me to pay more than I would pay for an EX 06 4 door with AT and Navi.

What do you guys suggest we do? Thanks, Manny
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    Illegal, no. Unethical, yes!
    isell-

I'm with you there, I've always called manuals 5-speeds.
    Automatics I usually call slushboxes.
    Hey Manny-

I've had a dealer "locate" and do a dealer swap for me before. It was for a '99 Accord EX and, like you, I wanted a 5-speed manual. They didn't have one in white, but another dealer in town did. They wanted to charge and additional $500 for the swap, but I made the point to them that there are only eight Honda dealers here and I could track down that car myself if they didn't give it to me for the price I'd already negotiated. They agreed and got the car for me within two days.

Have you tried emailing every Honda dealer in your area to check for it in their inventory? You might even want to do this covertly by not using your real name in the email. Otherwise they'll know just how interested you are. You shouldn't have to pay more for an MT than for an AT.

Good luck!

Jason
    Every deal I've been a part of (my own purchase or helping friends/family) the salesman has asked if we were financing before much negotiation took place. Many times it has happened before or on the test drive.

Some dealerships give kickbacks to salesmen who encourage using their financing. It's always in the dealer's best interest to have a customer finance thru them.

I always tell them I am going to finance, but don't get specific. Then I negotiate my deal and, already knowing what rate I can get thru my bank, tell them whether I want their rate or my bank's.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    Agree with everything you said except for the 1st paragraph! The question I usually get is "are you gonna have a trade in". Strange..... :confuse:
    Jason:

The Civic 06 4 dr. with Navi and MT is a very rare car these days. I was told that Honda made cars on a pre-calculated formula. They tried to guess how many people want 'what car'.

High end loaded cars with MT are hard to sell, although stripped versions of the Civic 06 MT sells help because of the lower price attraction. So they make fewer of them. The thinking is if you can afford an EX, you would not mind paying another thousand or so for an Automatic Transmission.

The net effect just made the practical pricing reverse itself. Now the MT is selling
    at a higher asking price than the AT.

I have looked every where in all nearby dealers. To locate any EX Civic with Navi is very hard already. Honda Motors had underestimated the demand for factory installed Navigation equipped EX cars. They made very few of them, even fewer EX with Navi and MT .

And just nobody in this part of the woods have an EX Civic with Navi and Manual. It was explained to me that a swap involves a long distance truck ride for the car. The fee for the truck ride would be about $500. Also there would need to be a charge for the locating of the car and the paperwork. It adds up to more than $1000.

I do not like it. But what am I to do? Either pay up or wait for more cars of that configuration to come off the assembly line.

Manny
  • brad14brad14 Member Posts: 2
    This is an automatic 06 civic without navi.

Again 19.1k then the out the door price is 20.3k after tax, tags, and "dealer charges". Is this an ok deal?

Thanks.
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    Cars direct has it for 18900 without tax, tags and "charges". Not that big of a difference from the 19.100. Although, someone posted earlier that they got their 06 EX with NAVI for about the same price as your out the door.
    So, tell me...where is carsdirect.com going to find these Civics?

I hope you are correct. I hope supplies do catch up!
    I got an offer of an $18,795 price from an Internet Solicitator of a nearby Honda Dealer of EX 06 with Navi and MT 4 dr. with the condition that I buy through dealer finance.

I then ask for a all cash price, they said that calibrating that price into cash would be $21,310.

I rejected the offer.

Have any of you ever heard of a cash price higher than the credit price? I have been in situations when buying things. The merchants always say, ' I give you a better price. Just give me all cash.'

Dealer financing is another way of making money for the car vendor and the salesmen. The school of thought they follow is, they are the pros. The more complicated the scheme, the more advantage to the pro. The average Joe probably lose.

The one person that wrote,' Even if you put everything on paper when you bargain with the salesmen, they would find some way to twist it to their advantage.' Every dollar the car buyer pays less, the salesmen and their Boss gets less. It is you win, I lose situation.

Isellhondas, sometimes you answers surprise me. I do not know whose side you are on. The statement: 'If you pay cash or finance, it is all the same to me.' is a big surprise to hear from someone whose name here is ' I Sell Hondas.'(If he is on our side, that is.)

It is my considered opinion that car buyers should stay away from complicated financial schemes. In all seriousness, and now I am not teasing you at all. (I have a bad habit to tease people. But not with malice.) this is my considered advice to the good doctor that is facing a long term lease proposal, consider a purchase with regular payments. There are a lot less variables here. And you can control some of these variables.

Thanks to all for reading my post. Any feedback is welcome.

Manny
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    With the dealer financing are there any pre-payment penalties? If not, you could possibly accept the offer and then pay the loan balance off in the first month or two, thus avoiding any large finance charges.
    Manny, I find your posts to be very confusing.

I could care less if my customers pay cash, use our financing or their own outside financing. Yes, sometimes the dealer may make a bit on the finance reserve but this does not affect the price of a car at all.
  • gogiboygogiboy Member Posts: 732
    Manuel--

As isell points out what does it matter to him whether you are financing, paying cash, using some outside financing or some combination. He is after all, a salesman, not the finance and insurance agent at his dealership. My experience is that most salesman ask about financing early along because so many buyers are upside down on their previous car, have spotty credit histories, are buying top-of-the-line when trading in bottom-of-the-barrel, etc. In other words the salesperson remains reasonably skeptical about whether a deal can actually be struck after sometimes lengthy negotiations when one party cannot truly participate in a negotiation no matter what alignment the stars may be in.

You seem fixated on a manual transmission EX with Nav., which I think is fine. Folks like isell and Terry will tell you, however, that this will be a much harder car to resell on your own (limited market--which is why Honda doesn't manufacture many) and you will take a significant hit at trade-in. Now, having said that, I have a 94 Honda Civic EX w/manual that I have driven for 12 years with no problems and I love it, but I live in a fairly rural area with minimal traffic. Honda makes a great 5-speed and I have had no clutch or other trans. issues. In a moment of weakness I did have it listed once several years ago in the local paper in my college town. Most every one of the callers balked at the 5-speed, saying things like, "my wife won't be able to drive it" or "I can't be bothered to learn that". I just think you should keep in mind the potential downside. Of course, if you keep your Honda forever like me it does much matter whether it has at automatic or 5 speed.

Gogiboy
  • mrpoptopmrpoptop Member Posts: 3
    Anyone get a new coupe yet in Oklahoma?> How did the buying experience go?

j
  • debskydebsky Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to say I just bought my 06 Civic Coupe EX AT in Omaha, Nebraska for 18456 +32 doc fee, 17 title and lien. It was all done over the net first, price agreed upon (I asked for 500 over invoice), color wanted had to be traded in from another dealer (no added price was ever asked for), had to ask for bottom line prices be sent to my email address from the sales manager, had loan from Capital One Auto in hand for 5.45% so dealership went down to 5%. I had to put a 500 dollar hold, down on car. Then went in three days and picked up car, on a Sunday, no less. Honda Cars of Bellevue would get my business next time. Thought I would be annoyed by the digital speed readout but have found that it is a great convenience. Quickly forgotten about when not needed but easier and faster to see than the old dial. Love car, 38mpg with first tank.
  • hotch41hotch41 Member Posts: 61
    I am considering doing this as a dealer in my area offered to do this as a "wash" deal. All I'd be responsible for are doc and license plate fees. If I did this I'd give up 100 horsepower (go from 240hp to 140hp), eight-way power seat, 6-disc CD changer...but I'd gain a sunroof, alloy wheels, and most importantly, much better gas mileage. Would you believe my insurance would go up $73 annually? What do you all think?? Most of my driving will be around town, so in the long run, I may be better off with the Civic. I drove the Civic and I thought the driving position was more comfortable than the Accord, even felt like I had a little more legroom. Thanks again for your thoughts!
  • rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    How many civics does honda figure to sell in a year? if it is 300,000 they better start making them fast. If there are 400,000 buyers then they have a winner. If there are 250000 buyers then the price will come down.

Why would the insurance on an 06 civic be higher then an 05 accord V6?

Anyone know when the 06 civic will be tested by NHTSA ?