Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772

@julio91 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds What are the best number for 2014 Altima in south Florida, for 10k a year 36 months (2.5L SV) or open to an model for the altima

.00003 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nicollemnicollem Member Posts: 6

What is the current residual and MF for the '14 2.5sv for 12k/15k for 36 mos in NJ?

@nicollem said:
    What is the current residual and MF for the '14 2.5sv for 12k/15k for 36 mos in NJ?

.00003 MF and 57%/56% residual, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• julio91julio91 Member Posts: 158

@kyfdx Thanks for the numbers, One last request what is the number for 2014 Altima S 36 month, 10k in South Florida.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

@julio91 said:
    kyfdx Thanks for the numbers, One last request what is the number for 2014 Altima S 36 month, 10k in South Florida.

.00003 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

@michaell Thank you very much apprecaite it, Now Im doing the calculations, since I live in florida (I've been trying to find the info) How is the tax charged ? on the price of the vehicle or the monthly payment ?

@julio91 said:
    michaell Thank you very much apprecaite it, Now Im doing the calculations, since I live in florida

(I've been trying to find the info) How is the tax charged ? on the price of the vehicle or the monthly payment ?

I believe in Florida only the payment is taxed. Illinois, Texas and Maryland are three states I know of that tax the entire purchase price, then amortize it over the lease term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell Thank you very Much !! one last one becasue they are having good numbers for the Altima, Im going this weekend to work out a deal. What fees are the fees? the sales manager told me dealer fee was 795$ Im looking for a list possibly to go by off. thanks again for all your help !!

@julio91 said:
    Michaell Thank you very Much !! one last one becasue they are having good numbers for the Altima, Im going this weekend to work out a deal. What fees are the fees? the sales manager told me dealer fee was 795$ Im looking for a list possibly to go by off. thanks again for all your help !!

Each manufacturer, state and dealer may have their own set of fees.

First, is the destination fee, which is added by the manufacturer to every car sold - this number is always on the window sticker. Not negotiable.

Second is a "dealer handling fee" - it may have a different name. This is an amount added by the dealer to cover additional overhead, processing paperwork, etc. Can be limited at the state level - in California, the maximum is $80. In Colorado, where I live, I have seen it as high as $699. Florida is another state with notoriously high dealer handling fees. The dealer may tell you that they have to charge it to everybody, but you can certainly negotiate a selling price to mitigate that amount.

Good luck, and please come back and share with us your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell Will Do! again thanks for your help, Really appreciate it will post about Saturday afternoon.

• ymandj25ymandj25 Member Posts: 18

How does the recent recall effects the leasing? Should I wait for a month or two or the leasing companies have to apply the fix before they are allowed to lease the Altimas again?

@ymandj25 said:
    How does the recent recall effects the leasing? Should I wait for a month or two or the leasing companies have to apply the fix before they are allowed to lease the Altimas again?

I would think that if you expressed an interest in leasing a new Altima that needed the fix, the dealer would move it up to the top of the list and get it done so they could get you out on the road.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chrisconchriscon Member Posts: 23

Yesterday I leased a 2014 Altima SV with conv and tech packages. MSRP 27615, Sale Price 24,100 including acquisition fee. 15k/36 months. 1st month payment due at signing. 263/mth. This includes 9.0% PA tax. This was in the western Philly suburbs.

Got into a New Lease with a 2014 Altima S (Only Option is Bluetooth, keyless entry and automatic headlights, Pretty base ) for one of my family members. She had a trade in. It was a 2007 VW Beetle with 36,604 miles on it. Never driven it.

MSRP: 23031.37
    Selling Price: 21676.42
    +$595.00 Acquisition fee
    +$699.95 Dealer fee
    Cap Cost: $23031.37 - $725(rebate) = $22,306.37
    MF - 0.00003 - Residual was 59% (which was odd It was 57% everywhere, worked for me)
    36 months, 12 miles a year

$259.99 a month with $1301.90, to cover:

Rebat - $725.00 (says is in the contract which was odd )
    Registration fee - $89.34
    sales/use tax - $62.32
    tag agency - $98.75
    FL fees - $66.50 (Have no idea what this was)
    Still a difference left
    Total - $1301.90

Now this is where is gets good, I started talking to them and told them I needed the car to be paid off (The Beetle that is $7541.21 was the payoff), and Im not putting anything down. Just first month payment. They kept on telling me they could only give me $5500 and had to give $1301.90. I refused and started to walk out when I mentioned I had another place offering this same deal with maintenance include (which I bluffed, that was the first place i went to). Everything changed after that, they told me they would pay off the car and a few more negations. All I gave down was first month which was $260.00. and they wrote off the $1301.90. I made sure they did NOT add this on to the lease and they didn't. As well I noticed I could have done better as far as negotiating the car down, but I was more concerned about paying off the car and not rolling any negative equity into it.

Please rate this Deal and Let me know what you guys think, Over all she is happy, bigger upgrade to what she had before. and she was paying $240.00 for the Beetle before, now $260.00.

P.s

Couldn't get the maintenance but it was no biggie for her.

PLEASE RATE Thanks GUYS for ALL your help.

edited March 2014
  • jetman046jetman046 Member Posts: 2

Just Leased on 3/31/14... 2014 Altima 2.5 S w/ Sport package and remote start. $280/month for 2yrs / 15K miles per yr. no money down, taxes and fees included in lease. signed and drive! Was this a fair deal? Thanks.

edited April 2014

@jetman046 said:
    Just Leased on 3/31/14... 2014 Altima 2.5 S w/ Sport package and remote start. $280/month for 2yrs / 15K miles per yr. no money down, taxes and fees included in lease. signed and drive! Was this a fair deal? Thanks.

What was the MSRP and selling price?

Did the dealer cover the first payment so you had $0 out of pocket when you took possession?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jetman046jetman046 Member Posts: 2

MSRP is $24,660. Selling Price 20,555. I covered the $280.00

@jetman046 said:
    MSRP is $24,660. Selling Price 20,555. I covered the $280.00

I would say that is a fair deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What is the current residual and MF for the '14 2.5s in NY?
    Also, I seem to see 1,000 manufacturer rebate. Is it so?
    Thank you.

@ymandj25 said:
    What is the current residual and MF for the '14 2.5s in NY?
    Also, I seem to see 1,000 manufacturer rebate. Is it so?
    Thank you.

.00003 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

You can check for incentives and rebates by clicking on our Car Research tab, at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• caliswaincaliswain Member Posts: 2

Hello, I'm trying to determine good lease price for both the 2.5 SV and 2.5SL, no extras. I'm in NY, and I drive < 12k per year. The only quote I have received so far was for the SL... $309 per month sign and drive, for 36 months.. so that includes taxes, but I'm not sure the residual or any other major fees. Is there a range I should be shooting for for the base SV and base SL?

@caliswain said:
    Hello, I'm trying to determine good lease price for both the 2.5 SV and 2.5SL, no extras. I'm in NY, and I drive < 12k per year. The only quote I have received so far was for the SL... $309 per month sign and drive, for 36 months.. so that includes taxes, but I'm not sure the residual or any other major fees. Is there a range I should be shooting for for the base SV and base SL?

.00003 MF and 57% residual for the SV and 55% residual for the SL.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    You can check for incentives and rebates by clicking on our Car Research tab, at the top of the page.

There's $1,000 Customer Cash rebate, but I'm not sure if it can be applied to sale price used to calculate lease payment or, maybe, effect the lease payment in some other way.

Sorry, wrong use of quote. Everything after the first sentence is meant to be a question.

@ymandj25 said:
    Sorry, wrong use of quote. Everything after the first sentence is meant to be a question.

Usually, you can use a customer rebate as a CAP cost reduction on the lease. The only difference between that and a discount of the same amount, is you are effectively taxed on the rebate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• caliswaincaliswain Member Posts: 2

I'm sorry, but are those numbers for a 24 month lease?

@caliswain said:
    I'm sorry, but are those numbers for a 24 month lease?

Your original post referenced 36 months, so I would assume that the response was for the same.

24 month residuals for 2.5SL is 62% and 2.5SV is 64% for 12K miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I got an offer on Altima 2.5S for $200/month with $1150 due at signing with taxes rolled in in NY. MSRP of $23.740 and sale price of $20.950. Sale price includes $750 lease rebate, but not $1,000 customer cash. Due at signing is 1st month payment, plates and banking fees (is it the same as acquisition fee?). I thought sale price w/o acquisition fee should be less... Is it fair deal?
    Thank you.

Lease is 12k/36 months

The acquisition fee is often listed as a bank fee. Lease rebates are also often somewhat lower than a purchase rebate, though I don't know the specifics on the Altima.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

So, is this a decent deal or I can push the sales price down?

@ymandj25 said:
    So, is this a decent deal or I can push the sales price down?

As I'm not in the market for an Altima, I'm not sure... you can research TMV and incentives/rebates by using the Car Research tab at the top of the page. Sometimes, introducing some competition will bring the price down (shopping another dealer).

You didn't say.. what's your payment and lease term?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• unintelligibleunintelligible Member Posts: 1

Hi, do you have the numbers for 2014 Altima 3.5 SL, 10k/36 in Florida? Thanks!

@unintelligible said:
    Hi, do you have the numbers for 2014 Altima 3.5 SL, 10k/36 in Florida? Thanks!

.00003 and 58% for 36/10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

@michaell‌

What are the respective money factors & residuals for 2014 Altima 2.5S & 2.5SV? 36 months/12K in NY/CT. Thanks!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    michaell‌

What are the respective money factors & residuals for 2014 Altima 2.5S & 2.5SV? 36 months/12K in NY/CT. Thanks!

.00003 MF and 58%/57% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2014
    Guys can I have the numbers for an 2014 Altima S for 36 months with a credit of 601 and any incentives. Thanks guys @kyfdx@Edmunds‌ @michael‌

@julio91 said:
    Guys can I have the numbers for an 2014 Altima S for 36 months with a credit of 601 and any incentives. Thanks guys kyfdx@Edmunds‌ michael‌

I'm not sure if your FICO score matches up with Nissan's Auto Finance Bureau Score. But, if they do, then you are Tier 9, and the money factor is .00465, and the residual is 57% for 36mo, 15K/yr.

I would certainly ask a Nissan dealer to run your credit, and find out what tier you actually fall in, because Tier 7 is reasonable, and Tier 5 is cheap... Of course, Tiers 1-3 are extremely cheap (.00003)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2014

will do Its for a friend of mines, i had a feeling he fell in a low teir because Nissan is a little different. Gonna attempt to see what i could do thank you for the info!! really apprecaite it. @kyfdx@Edmunds‌

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

If a lease is co-signed by someone with better credit, do they give the lower money factor?

@rbirns1 said:
    If a lease is co-signed by someone with better credit, do they give the lower money factor?

Possibly, but most banks will just reject a lease, if the primary lessee has poor credit. If you need a co-signer, you'll probably have to purchase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

I'm talking about a primary lessee with no credit, not bad credit (college kid), cosigned by a parent.

@rbirns1 said:
    I'm talking about a primary lessee with no credit, not bad credit (college kid), cosigned by a parent.

Poor credit, no credit -- all the same in the eyes of the finance company. Not sure that they'll write up a lease under those circumstances.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I agree... I think they'll require the lease to be in the parent's name. Maybe, just maybe... if the student has a full-time job, and can demonstrate the ability to pay the lease, without help, then they'll take them as primary and the parent as a co-signer..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• brit67brit67 Member Posts: 18

Could you give me the MF and residual for 2014 Altima 2.5 SL for 36 or 39 months 12K/yr in Illinois.

@brit67 said:
    Could you give me the MF and residual for 2014 Altima 2.5 SL for 36 or 39 months 12K/yr in Illinois.

36/12 - 55% and .00003

39/12 - 49% and .00187

Looks like 36 months is the way to go...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• westies96westies96 Member Posts: 1

I bought a 2014 Nissan Altima SL with tech package and love it! I have had a few minor issues though. The switch on the drivers window needed to be replaced. I picked my car up on 03/17. I have another issue that sometimes when I go over a bump, I hear a metallic sounding rattle. The dealer looked at the car and told me it was normal. They said the exhaust system has to have some play in it. I find that strange. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue. I was also thinking of having another Nissan dealer look at it.

• mikesetmikeset Member Posts: 43

Hey are there any altima lease deals in NY for $0 down, $0 security, etc. 10k or 12k miles for 36 or 48 months?

• nycmanycma Member Posts: 38

I’m an NYC resident looking to lease in NY/NJ (I think it’s all just considered tri state so rates should be the same, but you can correct me if I’m wrong). Do you have the MF and Residual for a 2014 Altima 2.5 SL with Tech/Nav and moon roof for 12k miles per year, both 36 and 39 months? Thanks much appreciated!