Comments

• city25city25 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Sir...

To answer you color question
    Exterior: Alabaster Silver Metallic
    Interior: Gray
  • potchamonpotchamon Member Posts: 9
    With all the complaints im finding about the 2015 Honda CRV'S vibrating at idle ,some worse than others why doesnt EDMUNDS discuss this issue before many of use lay our money down on these vehicles??  Edmunds reviews mention Nothing, nada about the many complaints to Honda being unanswered and the Honda service techs just saying its normal but more than a few people have said these vehicles vibrate to the point of being much more than a little annoying.  I will still be learning from your site and looking for deals on cars, but im really reconsidering the 2015 crv
    Im curious if anyone here has brought their car into a dealers service and what action or lack of they received?  

• doboduradobodura Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for this great resource. Just benefitted from it yesterday 2/14/15 and thought I would contribute. My wife and I test drove 2015 CR-Vs and had 2 beefs: We didn't like the styling changes and they no longer have arm rests. My wife has a right shoulder issue and needs to support her elbow when driving. The 2015's padded console was *nowhere near* where it needed to be for this. So...we determined that the 2014s A) looked better (to our eyes) and B) they had real armrests like our current '06 Odyssey! Local dealers had no 2014s, but dealer 1 hour away had a dozen of them, including one silver AWD EX-L w/gray interior, which was what we wanted. Corresponded by e-mail and I mentioned that I knew (via this forum!) that some people had recently purchased leftover 2014s for ~$3K under invoice. Asked if they could do this and they said "come in and we will work with you."

Had to haggle for a while, but ended up with this:

2014 AWD EX-L, date of mfr. 6/14. Had been on lot 111 days.
    Options (already on car): Window tint, "first place finish" paint sealer, wheel locks, nitrogen, mudguards, cargo tray. We only cared about the latter two and indicated unwillingness to pay for the other fluff. Was aware that I could buy the mudguards and cargo tray myself for less than $200 on-line.

MSRP of basic car with $830 destination: $29,950.
    MSRP with profit enhancing stuff added by dealer: $31,595. The add-ons were *grossly* inflated, so I ignored this number.

Invoice for basic car as near as I could determine: $28,214. We allowed them $300 for the mudguards and tray, etc. so target price was $28,514 - $3000 = $25,514.

Paid: $25,711 + $788 NC highway use tax + $68 tag and title fee + $539 dealer administrative fee (did not try to fight this, probably should have) = $27,106 out the door. We were reasonably happy with this and had impression they would not go lower. Did not want to wait a few weeks to see if they would then go lower, as this was the only silver/gray '14 EX-L we could find in our area. They prepped car while we were doing the paperwork (took advantage of the 0.9% financing) and we drove it home.

Dealer: Crown Honda of Greensboro
    Salesman: Elija Taylor (very nice, patient guy).

Hope this helps someone!

PS: They offered $3700 for our 2006 Odyssey w/218K , which we declined.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats!
  • don_ncdon_nc Member Posts: 9
    We recently bought a '14 FWD EXL (no other options) in MD for $24,500 (car price including destination) + $300 (doc fees) + TTL. I looked at a '15, but didn't notice any real difference in drive or comfort (though I think I prefer the center console of the '15). I felt more comfortable with long term reliability of the "old" 5 sp auto than the 1st year in CRV cvt tran.. Currently getting around 22mpg range for local driving, which I had hoped would be higher.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Give it some "break-in" time, might take a few thousand miles to hit the EPA numbers.

Congrats!
  • want2buyhwant2buyh Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone gotten a great deal on a 2014 CR-V EX-L lately? There are a few in my area but the dealer doesn't seem to be budging on price. I am in the San Francisco bay area. I tried emailing a few dealers that had inventory but the best I was seeing around 2/25 was just under $26,000 before TTL. I was hoping to get below 25,000 before TTL. I think on 2015 CR-V forum someone got a 2015 EX-L FWD at 25,000 before TTL.
  • rlaprlap Member Posts: 16
    want2buyh said:

Has anyone gotten a great deal on a 2014 CR-V EX-L lately? There are a few in my area but the dealer doesn't seem to be budging on price. I am in the San Francisco bay area. I tried emailing a few dealers that had inventory but the best I was seeing around 2/25 was just under $26,000 before TTL. I was hoping to get below 25,000 before TTL. I think on 2015 CR-V forum someone got a 2015 EX-L FWD at 25,000 before TTL.

FWD or AWD ?
  • want2buyhwant2buyh Member Posts: 14
    rlap- the quote I got was for a FWD. Since supply is slowly going down, I would go for either FWD or AWD. I think I will wait a few more weeks and try again just before the end of the month,
  • rlaprlap Member Posts: 16
    want2buyh said:

rlap- the quote I got was for a FWD. Since supply is slowly going down, I would go for either FWD or AWD. I think I will wait a few more weeks and try again just before the end of the month,

What ended up happening, did you ever find a good price at the end of the month?
This discussion has been closed.