Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited October 2014
    23,499 did it include the dest charge?? of 830

what was the dealers doc fee charge ?

these are the two most important things I need to figure pricing.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    newride95newride95 Member Posts: 4

Hi Brian, what do you think with 14 CRV EXL AWD with navi..27870 includes destination..total OTD 30637 state NJ. Thanks

• Options
    edited October 2014
    newride95 said:

Hi Brian and everyone. Am i getting a good deal with these '14 CRV EXL AWD with navi.

27,870 inc destination
    +TTL 
     total OTD is 30,637
    state: NJ
    Thanks.
    Your models price w dest charge = 29,568

1698 below invoice price is a better than average deal in NJ. But not as good as a lot of other states. Your doc fee charge of 299 plus needs to be subtracted of your selling price. There is room to negotiated lower if you have not made this deal yet.

Good luck..................... enjoy your new CRV.

• Options
    gooddealorno1gooddealorno1 Member Posts: 5
    it must have if the final price was 23,499...although I dont see a "dest charge" of 830 listed. There is a titling fee of 929.
  • Options
    newride95newride95 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014

Thanks @brian125..will try my best tomorrow.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    On your bill of sale you will see separate line item charges below the agreed selling price of the vehicle. These itemed lines have the destination charge price , doc fee price , taxes , dmv fee's charges , etc. double check then post so I could be 100 % on your deal.

• Options
    twinky1twinky1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I am new with this and looking for a 2014 CRV-EX AWD. I also live in the VA/MD/DC area. Is your $23,499 out-the-door price ? Can you let me know the dealership that you got your car from? Thanks so much.
  • Options
    lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    edited October 2014
    2015 CR-V is out. It makes my one month old 2014 EX-L a year old now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @lok888

Technically on Jan 1, 2015 while fighting your hangover your CRV is considered a year old model and has depreciated accordingly.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    This is why I always bring this point up at this time of the year. . If you total your 2014 model and I total my 2015 model on Jan 3, 2015. What is the difference in INS money you will get back???

Who will make out better??

• Options

Most people fail to realize that vehicles do not depreciate on a perfectly consistent, "straight-line" basis, but that there are cycles to depreciation that are quite predictable. Understanding these cycles can help in determining when to trade-in your vehicle.

In general, used vehicles are worth the most in the "spring market", which usually starts in late January and can last into June. In a typical year, this is a good time to trade most types of used vehicles because of the heavy demand throughout these months. Convertibles and sport coupes are particularly responsive to this market and can be worth thousands of dollars more than they were in the months leading up to the spring market or will be worth during the months following it. Vans are generally more desirable in the spring. SUV's have become so popular that they respond more like cars and do well in the spring as well as in the months preceding the fall market (August and September).

Most vehicles begin dropping significantly in July and August (convertibles and sport coupes even earlier during June and July). They may continue to drop slowly during August and September before dropping more heavily in October and November, typically the worst months to trade a vehicle. A late model Porsche, for instance, traded in October of 2013 might be worth as much as $4000 less than the same vehicle traded in March of 2014. This is an extreme example, but it is not unusual for the difference in value trading a vehicle in a hot market vs. a weak market to be hundreds or even thousands of dollars. Whenever possible, make sure you take advantage of the strong markets.

• Options
    firstimeinfifirstimeinfi Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys,

I am trying to buy 14' CR-V EX AWD in NJ.

Can anyone suggest a good dealership?

what's the price that I should aim for?

Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    hadoopnoobhadoopnoob Member Posts: 19
    Hello everyone,

I am in Houston and trying to get a 2014 CRV LX FWD. So far, the best OTD price is $22900. However, one of my friend got one 2014 CRV LX in Apirl, 2014 with $21XXX. So WHY the difference is so huge? What's the real OTD price in houston? I have been looking for the car for 1 months, really tired of negotiating with dealer. Appreciate if anybody can help me out with buying one CRV LX. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Most dealerships offered the OTD price > $23500 for a CRV LX FWD. It's close to the end of the year. WHat's more, 2015 CRV is coming out. Why the price is still so high. That's really frustrating.
  • Options
    hadoopnoob

you are posting the wrong price info. OTD pricing is a guessing game trying to figure out how the dealer arrived at that final number.

Agreed selling price and dealers doc fee charge is what we need. Does the agreed price have the 830 destination fee included.

Post this info and I can comment on your deal

• Options
    edited October 2014

Hi guys,

I am trying to buy 14' CR-V EX AWD in NJ.

Can anyone suggest a good dealership?

what's the price that I should aim for?

Thank you everyone!

Only dealership that have your 2014 model and color are the good dealerships at this point.

A good target price in the NY/ NJ area is 1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice. Getting a 2k below price MIGHT STILL BE hard to get.

I will recommend 4 dealerships in NJ but if your model is not on there lot they wont give you a good price like were seeing in this forum. Maybe extend your search into NY doc fee's are only 75 dollars opposed to 300 to 500 dollars in NJ.

Auto-Sport, DCH Paramus, DCH Old- Bridge, Garden state.

Other NJ dealers that are hit or miss depending on stock and there end of the month sales quotas are ;

Joyce , Madison , Hamilton , Paul miller

• Options
    brian125 said:

hadoopnoob

you are posting the wrong price info. OTD pricing is a guessing game trying to figure out how the dealer arrived at that final number.

Agreed selling price and dealers doc fee charge is what we need. Does the agreed price have the 830 destination fee included.

Okay.
    Your Selling Price = 20,972.00
    destination = 830.00
    option = 0.00
    option = 0.00
    SUB TOTAL = 21,802.00
    Trade in Allowance - 0.00
    Trade Difference = 21,802.00
    Sales Tax - 6.25% 1,362.63
    Trade Pay Off = 0.00

Inventory Tax - .25% + 45.85
    Documentary Fee + 125.00
    Title, Inspection, License Fee + 126.00
    +
    Total drive out price = 23,461.47

After I got there, they said the best they can do is $22,900 for drive out price

• Options
    akita0507 said:

@raam2 said:
    HI everyone.
    Just wanted to update my car purchase experience in Houston. Sorry for the long note.
    Due to my work and personal situation, I had to buy my car at the start of this month. Ideally I would have preferred to buy the car end of June.

Anyways, I paid ~ 22000 OTD for a 2014 LX 2WD with window tint included fom Russell and Smith Honda - Houston. The selling price was ~19460, dest fee = 830, doc and inventory fee ~ 180. Rest was Tax Title and Licensing/Registration. The price was ~1900 less than invoice.
    From Brian125 and stever‌ I know that this is not a bad deal. A big thanks to you both. I know I would have lost at least 1000$ if I had walked in a showroom to buy the car in a conventional way.

I nearly did not haggle with the price as the initial quote I received from the nearest dealer was very competitive ($22350 OTD including tint ). However, when I purchased, Honda had removed their special financing rate for CR-V (all other cars had it - I conformed it from their website). So I bargained a little with the finance guy and reduced the price by around 350$ to offset the high APR. I ended up having a 2.5% APR which is what I had with a local CU.

I spent close to 3 hours in the dealership and had the car. Most of it was spent waiting. Negotiations were for around only 15 minutes.

Helpful tips:
    1) Have a credit union loan pre-approved - Saved me at least 850$. I had one at 2.5/3.5 % (based on down payment) approved. The finance person initially quoted 3.5 and I point blank told him I will rather use my CU. He came down to 2.5 immediately.
    2) Be prepared with the numbers. Do the math before you enter (how much more you will pay for every additional 1% increase in APR).

3) If possible, get the APR rate before you enter the dealership. I did not do it due to time constraints. But you can say that unless you have the APR you will not step in.

Good luck and have fun with your CR-V

Hi Raam2 you got a really good deal. I need to try find something similar. Also in Houston and looking for a LX for my wife with a newborn.

Hello raam2,

I went to Russell and smith honda yesterday. I tried to ask them to match the price you paid which is $22000. However, they said CR-V was less expensive in July. Are they lying??
  • Options

brian125 said:

hadoopnoob

Okay.
    Your Selling Price = 20,972.00
    destination = 830.00
    option = 0.00
    option = 0.00
    SUB TOTAL = 21,802.00
    Trade in Allowance - 0.00
    Trade Difference = 21,802.00
    Sales Tax - 6.25% 1,362.63
    Trade Pay Off = 0.00

Inventory Tax - .25% + 45.85
    Documentary Fee + 125.00
    Title, Inspection, License Fee + 126.00
    +
    Total drive out price = 23,461.47

@brian125‌
    Thank you brian!After I got there, they said the best they can do is $22,900 for drive out price.
    @raam2‌
    Thank you raam2 for that purchase experience in Russell and Smith Honda.

Same dealer same car while different price.

• Options
    hadoopnoob

Get more dealerships involved in pricing. This deal you posted is 745 below dealers invoice minus there 125 doc fee charge . This is a terrible deal compared to all other buyers in here. I'm assuming your not negotiating with dealer just asking for best prices. Read my prior posting on how to negotiate/ buy then apply it......................... you will do a lot better.

• Options
    brian125 said:

hadoopnoob

Get more dealerships involved in pricing. This deal you posted is 745 below dealers invoice minus there 125 doc fee charge . This is a terrible deal compared to all other buyers in here. I'm assuming your not negotiating with dealer just asking for best prices. Read my prior posting on how to negotiate/ buy then apply it......................... you will do a lot better.

@brian125‌ Thank you so much. sometime I offered a price, $23000 for example, then the salesman just said 'goodluck, bye'. I realize that $23000 is not a good price right now.
  • Options
    By the way, is October a right time to buy a CRV?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Click on my user name @brian125.... then click on my 2851 comments box on top left side of page. read my prior postings about buying a vehicle it will help you.

• Options
    gooddealorno1gooddealorno1 Member Posts: 5
    twinky1--check out Brown's in Arlington--ask for Joe.
  • Options
    brian125 said:

Click on my user name @brian125.... then click on my 2851 comments box on top left side of page. read my prior postings about buying a vehicle it will help you.

@brian125‌
    I went back to Russell&Smith Honda in houston, Tx again today. The manager admitted that he did sold CR-V for around $22000. However, manufacture incentives decreases in October. So the best price they can give is $22700, which is $700 higher than that in July. Is there any chance to shoot $22000 in October?
  • Options
    pittfanpittfan Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase a 2014 CRV EX-L AWD without navi or dvd. I'm in eastern Ohio, so I contacted dealers in the Steubenville/Pittsburgh/Youngstown/Wheeling area. The lowest I've received, with another dealer willing to match but not beat is:

VEHICLE COSTS: 26,899.00
    TAX (Jefferson County, OH), 7.25%: 1,968.30
    Doc. Fee: 250.00
    Plates/Registration: 33.50
    TOTAL: 29,150.80

My local dealer, who I would like to give my business to, is holding steady at:
    $27,250
    $1,976 Tax (7.25%)
    $250 Doc Fee
    $36 Title & License fees
    $29,512 Out the Door

I'm hoping they are willing to go down some now that the 2015's are out. The response I've been getting from dealers now is "Hurry before the 2014's are gone." I won't be trading in or financing. My local dealer doesn't have the color I want on their lot, so that might take away a little bargaining power. I'm not sure. If it comes down to a couple hundred dollars I'd rather keep it local. I'm not looking to go quite the lengths others have gone for the killer deal. I just want to see if this seems decent for a 2014 in this region at this time.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2014
    Looking at Price Promise and TMV, it looks like you are doing fine with your quotes. Using our Inventory tool, I'm only seeing 36 EX-L's within 50 miles of zip 43952, mostly from Moon and Dean so yeah, your color choices may be shrinking fast.

If you don't want to take your chances and wait toward the end of the month, ask your local dealer if they will honor that quote for a dealer swap in your first color choice.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

brian125 said:

@brian125‌
    I went back to Russell&Smith Honda in houston, Tx again today. The manager admitted that he did sold CR-V for around $22000. However, manufacture incentives decreases in October. So the best price they can give is $22700, which is $700 higher than that in July. Is there any chance to shoot $22000 in October?
    @stever‌
    Hope by the end of October, they will do it at $22000.
  • Options
    gawnesco said:

I purchased the CRV LX AWD from Brown's Honda in Arlington, VA.

Worked with 10-15 dealers online and in store over the past month. Then contacted Browns Honda Wednesday late night. That same night I received a response and a counter the next morning. Thursday afternoon I sent over an offer I had received a week or so prior and they beat it with the below, so I made the purchase that evening. Deal was done in less than 24 hours after contacting Browns.

$20,485.23 - Base
    $830 - Destination Fee
    $398 - Dealer Processing Fee
    $985.60 - VA Taxes & 1 year VA Tags

$22,698 OTD total

Included wheel locks, door edge guards, 1st oil change, and lifetime safety and emissions inspections (if we're willing to get those done at the dealer once the warranty is done).

If I calculated properly this is $2,403 below invoice?! Seems like a good deal, unless I missed something.

The other two dealers that provided decent quotes of $22,900 (OTD) were Fairfax Honda and Sheehy Honda. Both had dealer fees of almost $600 in that total which might be where Browns was able to beat them. Also, neither was willing to out bid each other without me visiting, Browns was.

I'd recommend against Pohanka in Capitol Heights, didn't like the email games ... walked out twice, really angry the second time since it's a far drive.

Anyhow, Thanks @brian125 and everyone else for all of the info! This forum made the process much more informative.

THank you gawnesco. You really did a good job. I cant shoot $22698 even for a 2014 Honda LX FWD.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @gawnesco, I come up with $2,403 below invoice too. Nice work and congrats!

Feel free to write up Dealer Reviews about your good and bad experiences.

[edit - looks like you did the deal on the 1st and closed on the 2nd of October. I wonder if the dealer was trying to (or able) to credit your sale to the September numbers.]
  • Options
    janice678janice678 Member Posts: 3
    brian125 said:

ssethi

your deal with this dealership is not that good. keep on negotiating. get more dealerships involved. To many add on's is whats weighing this deal down. Do you even want all of them..??

Invoice with dest charge is 26,830 you want to be 800 to 1500 below this number. Paying a 599 admin fee is like giving back 600 of your below invoice price..

Your target price to buy at all dealerships with a 599 admin fee should be 2000 below invoice. which would make your deal 1400 below invoice if dealer meets your price..

• Options
    gawnescogawnesco Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    I wrote quite a big write up with some details in a message to hadoopnoob answering some questions he had and also providing more details of what I did and what I feel helped in my situation. I could post here but it's quite large? I can try to shorten it a bit tomorrow as well, but that's not my specialty. :smile:

@stever
    I thought the deal on the 1st/2nd was pretty good, maybe it will go towards Sept?

I believe the current $750 dealer cash may have been helpful here as well.

I will take a look at the dealer reviews section after work tomorrow ... I need to sleep now. :)
  • Options
    We have room - post away. B)
  • Options
    scottybeansscottybeans Member Posts: 5
    @gawnesco - Nice deal! Looks like you beat mine (same model and trim) by about $275 and got some extras thrown in there. I'd be proud of that
  • Options
    twinky1twinky1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Gooddealorno1, thanks for the information. I'll check Brown Arlington dealership. Did you get the 2014 CRV EX AWD for $23,499 final price? Was it VA or MD tax? If it's VA, can you give me the price before taxes & license fee since I'm in MD. Thanks so much.

• Options
    @stever @brian125‌ @gawnesco‌

Just got two new quote for 2014 CR-V LX FWD:

The first one from Katy, Houston:
    Here is the revised quote for the 2014 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
    MSRP $23,950.00
    Sales Price $20,347.00
    Window Tint $210.00
    N/A $0.00
    Tax (6.25%) $1,284.81
    Inventory Tax $0.00
    Doc. Fees $50.00
    Title and License $199.00
    Drive Out. $22,090.81

The second one from San Antonio:

price $20,499.00
    state tax $ 1,281.19
    inv tax $ 47.52
    title.lic, insp $ 126.00
    doc $ 189.00

drive out $22,142.70

How do you think so? From the information I found, the one that is in San Antonio is better than the one in Katy. Should I take a grey hound to San Antonio and make the price to $22000?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hadoopnoob

If you know your vehicle INVOICE price and use the target price Ranges I POSTED in your area you wont have to keep posting quotes. Make your best deal today, or wait till months end hoping one of your targeted dealerships is looking for end of the month sales quotas. Those are the 2 buying options. If your sale price numbers are falling in between the target price range you have done well. your prices are at the top end .

Better Price Buying depends on these factors.

1- Your negotiating skills

2- dealers supply and demand.

3- Buying at months end

Any deals that require a extended trip Get in writing , a bill of sale , or a email conformation thru one of the manager's.

Both deals are 2000 below dealers invoice. Make the deal closest to your house. I don't see how taking a bus to save 142 dollars if you get the 22k price is going to change your financial situation . Only wasted time off your life.

Good luck............................. post your deal and dealership when done.

• Options
    brian125 said:

hadoopnoob

If you know your vehicle INVOICE price and use the target price Ranges I POSTED in your area you wont have to keep posting quotes. Make your best deal today, or wait till months end hoping one of your targeted dealerships is looking for end of the month sales quotas. Those are the 2 buying options. If your sale price numbers are falling in between the target price range you have done well. your prices are at the top end .

Better Price Buying depends on these factors.

1- Your negotiating skills

2- dealers supply and demand.

3- Buying at months end

Any deals that require a extended trip Get in writing , a bill of sale , or a email conformation thru one of the manager's.

Both deals are 2000 below dealers invoice. Make the deal closest to your house. I don't see how taking a bus to save 142 dollars if you get the 22k price is going to change your financial situation . Only wasted time off your life.

Good luck............................. post your deal and dealership when done.

@brian125 I will post by this weekend. The deal in San Antonio is more reliable according to google reviews.
  • Options
    Hello,

I was wondering what would be the cost difference between 15' and 14' CR-V EX AWD.

Is the difference 1500-2000 below invoice for 14' and just invoice for 15'?

I see that 14' doesn't have back up camera or push button.

Please help!

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Pricing will depend on the area you are buying. Dealers supply and demand and what sales incentive numbers each dealership has to make.

• Options

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the cost difference between 15' and 14' CR-V EX AWD.

Please help!

Thanks.

I really want to know this, too. If the 15 has the same price, why not pick up a 2015 CR-V?
  • Options
    Both will be new cars when you them and both will be "used" as soon as you drive off the lot.

In theory at least, the 2014 purchased today will depreciate faster since the new model year CR-Vs are out.

Sometimes people buy "last year's model" because they prefer the styling or options available and don't like the newer version as well. More often, as the year winds down, people will buy the out-going model because the prices are typically discounted. But not always.

If the price difference isn't too significant, I personally would rather go with the latest and greatest. But I tend to keep my cars a long time, and an extra $2,000 over ten years gets spread out pretty good. If I traded every two or three years, the outgoing 2014 models might be more attractive from a financial standpoint.
  • Options
    brancy11brancy11 Member Posts: 7

Hello,

Please help!

Thanks.

The 2014's have a back-up camera standard.
  • Options
    stever said:

Both will be new cars when you them and both will be "used" as soon as you drive off the lot.

In theory at least, the 2014 purchased today will depreciate faster since the new model year CR-Vs are out.

Sometimes people buy "last year's model" because they prefer the styling or options available and don't like the newer version as well. More often, as the year winds down, people will buy the out-going model because the prices are typically discounted. But not always.

If the price difference isn't too significant, I personally would rather go with the latest and greatest. But I tend to keep my cars a long time, and an extra $2,000 over ten years gets spread out pretty good. If I traded every two or three years, the outgoing 2014 models might be more attractive from a financial standpoint.

Agree 'If the price difference isn't too significant, I personally would rather go with the latest and greatest. '

• Options
    popularbhaskarpopularbhaskar Member Posts: 20
    edited October 2014
    $21,518 including (Price + destination + dealer fees) on Truecar at chicago , Illinois for 2015 CRV 2WD LX. Check your nearest dealer to see what prices you can see for 2015 CRV as well before you make your purchase.
  • Options
    So what should be the targeting price for 15' EX AWD?

I see that 14' is 1500-200 below invoice.

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    popularbhaskarpopularbhaskar Member Posts: 20
    You should be able to check the same on truecar with 60601 as zip code and should be able to get the prices. I think the 2015's shows up early in Chicago because I believe their Honda plant is in Heath, OH. Good luck!

So what should be the targeting price for 15' EX AWD?

I see that 14' is 1500-200 below invoice.

Thanks guys.

• Options
    Hello everyone, I just got a 2014 CR-V LX FWD from Fernandez Honda, SA, TX, yesterday.

Internet Value Price: $23950
    selling price : 20356
    Doc fee: 189
    fees: 136
    Tax 1319.58
    Total Balance: 22000

I tried to get the $500 off by using Honda Graduate Program, but the bank refused to finance even though I have a 748 credit score!!!!! The reason is that i don't have a permanent residence proof.

By the way, how much are accessories(window tint, wheel lock) worth
  • Options
    Window Tinting from a Tint shop 100 to 150 dollars. wheel lock $36 bought online.

This discussion has been closed.