Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• lbkboblbkbob Member Posts: 8

They tell me since I am putting 0 down, the monthly payment includes everything, taxes (3,071), plates (323.75), dealer service fee (699.95) and battery (8.50) They claim, as well as another dealer, that the best money factor from MB is .00136. The residual for 27 months is 68% and 59% for 36 months.
    I also have a quote from another dealer on a MSRP of $59,920 discount of $9500 for a price of $50,420 with 12,000 miles, prepaid service and everything included monthly payments of $681

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

.00136 MF is RWD E350 Sedan

.00130 MF is AWD E350 Sedan

.00118 MF is E350 convertible.

Sorry, but learning the Mercedes model codes is like learning the BMW "E" codes...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972

You must be in one of those states where you have to pay taxes on the full amount of the car, not just on the payments.....which isn't helpful to leases....have you considered moving :)

For 27 months, I get a payment of about $665 without service included which drops by $10 if you use autopay. Adding service only adds about $8 a month to your payments if they did it correctly.

• neoroseneorose Member Posts: 50
    Might the residuals and Money Factor rates be available for the E Class 350 Wagon and Cabriolet? Especially helpful is: are subvented rates now offered for the 27 month term? And, of course, fleet or extra dealer monies. Thank you, contributors, for maintaining such a helpful and courteous forum.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268

@neorose said:
    Might the residuals and Money Factor rates be available for the E Class 350 Wagon and Cabriolet? Especially helpful is: are subvented rates now offered for the 27 month term? And, of course, fleet or extra dealer monies. Thank you, contributors, for maintaining such a helpful and courteous forum.

Wagon - .00136 (RWD) and .00130 (4Matic); 24/15 residual = 65%

Cabriolet - .00128 (RWD) and .00127 (4Matic); 24/15 residual = 66%

The wagon has 27 month residuals equal to the published 24 month term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thank you so much. Some of these numbers are better than April's. I notice RWD Wagon and AWD Cabriolet are mentioned. However, the wagon is only AWD and convertibles are only RWD. Are the rates perhaps for the sedan or coupe instead of the Wagon and Cabriolet?

@neorose said:
    Thank you so much. Some of these numbers are better than April's. I notice RWD Wagon and AWD Cabriolet are mentioned. However, the wagon is only AWD and convertibles are only RWD. Are the rates perhaps for the sedan or coupe instead of the Wagon and Cabriolet?

It's possible I'm mis-reading the information .. there are two different numbers for E350W and E350W4 as well as E350C and E350C4.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Indeed, the Mercedes nomenclature is difficult. I believe the wagon's model is E350S4 and the convertible's is E350A. Do those model numbers make better sense?

This is the latest deal on lease for a 27 mo./12000 yr. E350 2014 rear wheel drive (non AWD) out of RI: MSRP: $61,329, sales price $50,900; MF 0.00136, residual 67% monthly payment $513.09. This is a May deal

@neorose said:
    Indeed, the Mercedes nomenclature is difficult. I believe the wagon's model is E350S4 and the convertible's is E350A. Do those model numbers make better sense?

Wow - my assumptions were nit good at all. Need to research these.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

E350A is the convertible

E350W is the sedan

E350S4 is the wagon

E350C is the coupe...

Yes, there will be a test... :p

I've had to Google them.. that's the only way I can keep it straight..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    E350A is the convertible

E350W is the sedan

E350S4 is the wagon

E350C is the coupe...

Yes, there will be a test... :p

I've had to Google them.. that's the only way I can keep it straight..

Thanks .. I think I'll start a crib sheet for the MB models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The E350 rear wheel drive model is 350W. Do we know what the MF is for that model in May? On an E350W with 0 down, MSRP of $61,329, I got a MF of 0.00136, 17% off the MSRP for a sales price of $50,900 and a residual of 67% on a 27 month lease. Do you all think I can do better on longer lease or keep pounding for a better sales price? Does it make sense to roll the prepaid service into the lease payments? If so, why?

@lbkbob said:
    The E350 rear wheel drive model is 350W. Do we know what the MF is for that model in May? On an E350W with 0 down, MSRP of $61,329, I got a MF of 0.00136, 17% off the MSRP for a sales price of $50,900 and a residual of 67% on a 27 month lease. Do you all think I can do better on longer lease or keep pounding for a better sales price? Does it make sense to roll the prepaid service into the lease payments? If so, why?

I'm showing .00136 as well, so that's not being marked up. Residual drops to 59% for 36 months, so not sure if you'll save any money that way.

17% off MSRP seems like an awful lot. I'm not in the market so I can't comment on typical sales prices.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@lbkbob said:

Yes, add mercedes maintenance..it's added as a feature. If the feature costs $1000 and the residual is 67%, you only pay 333 over the life of the lease...not $1000.

Also do autopay which will save you about $ 10 month because they reduce the mf by .0001. If you are getting $10K or more off...you've got a good deal.

You really have to compare total out of pocket cost per month (not just the monthly payment) for any lease to see if the 27/30/36 or some other is the best for you. Add up all payments you will make on the lease from first payment to disposal of the car and divide by the number of months.

If you are in a state where you have to pay sales tax on the full cost of the car when you lease, you want a long lease. If you're in a normal state, 27 may be less or equal to 36 and it's a decision how often you want to get a new car. I do all leases now for 24/27 mos.

Since you are getting a promotional MF, this doesn't apply...but if you were leasing a car that used the standard mf, I'd recommend very strongly that you use multiple security deposits to lower the money factor.

If you join the MB club of America and are a member for over 12 months, you would get a $500 discount on the car...too late for this one, but if you're thinking of a MB as the next one....

So, is there info available for the MF and Res for the cabriolet and wagon models?

@neorose said:
    So, is there info available for the MF and Res for the cabriolet and wagon models?

Cabriolet (E350A): .00118 MF and 56% residual

Wagon (E350S4): Standard MF and 59% residual.

36mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Shucks, not as favorable as the subvented sedan numbers. Thank you.

@ghstudio said:
    If you join the MB club of America and are a member for over 12 months, you would get a $500 discount on the car...too late for this one, but if you're thinking of a MB as the next one....

Great advice....Than you for your insights...

• prelude622prelude622 Member Posts: 29
    Any one know what's the factory incentive for E350 RWD sedan for month of May? Is the lease pull forward program still at 4 months?

@prelude622 said:
    Any one know what's the factory incentive for E350 RWD sedan for month of May? Is the lease pull forward program still at 4 months?

Yes, the payment accelerator program still exists in May - MB will pay up to 4 payments on an existing lease if you lease another MB.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikep20mikep20 Member Posts: 6

Hi. Just joined Edmunds/forum. My wife's new position allows her to lease a company car. She has her eyes on a 2014 E350. We are not lease folks, so terminology is foreign to us. We are trying to back into her allotted per month payment allowance, to see if doable. Here are the particulars; $780/mo allowance, no money down, 36mo, 20k/yr, NJ. Her company works with a leasing company. She was told to pick car, color, options. Only interested in 4matic & P1, which comes in around $59k MSRP. What would the approx discounted MSRP need to be, to hit the $780? Thanks

@mikep20 said:
    Hi. Just joined Edmunds/forum. My wife's new position allows her to lease a company car. She has her eyes on a 2014 E350. We are not lease folks, so terminology is foreign to us. We are trying to back into her allotted per month payment allowance, to see if doable. Here are the particulars; $780/mo allowance, no money down, 36mo, 20k/yr, NJ. Her company works with a leasing company. She was told to pick car, color, options. Only interested in 4matic & P1, which comes in around $59k MSRP. What would the approx discounted MSRP need to be, to hit the $780? Thanks

This would be a pretty easy calculation, except for the 20K/yr allowance... We have to adjust the residual for the 15K extra miles over a 15K/yr allowance. Assume $0.20/mi. extra, and that lowers the residual to around 52%. Base money factor is .00136. NJ tax is 7%, so the payment needs to come in around $730/mo. pre-tax.. You'll need a CAP cost of about $52,800, so accounting for the $795 acq.fee. leaves you with a selling price of $52K on a $59K MSRP.

This all assumes MB Finance lease. It's possible that the independent leasing company that her company uses will use a bank that has different terms. If that is the case, it's almost impossible to predict if the E350 will come in under $780/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

You should aim for $10K off the MSRP of the car, include mercedes maintenance in the deal...put no money down up front...just pay the first month payment plus registration and other legally required fees...don't put down cash up front...which is what the dealer tells you to do to lower the monthly payments....it's a false saving with a risk if the car is stolen or totalled.

I don't think you'll have any trouble coming in under $780 on a $59K MB even with 20k miles per year. Before you sign anything, check back here with the deal...give us msrp, origination fee, money factor, residual, dealer administrative fee.,,and the amount of the check you have to write when you pick up the car so we can see that they aren't sneaking in a capital cost reduction. BTW, the cost of the maintenance package should be included in the MSRP price (and in the net price).

I think we can help you get a good deal.....just run your deal by us so we can give you suggestions.

• raj2014raj2014 Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2014

Hi Everyone,

Got following quote on 2014 E350 4Matic and wanted to know if its a good deal or should I push the dealer more....

With following packages:

• P1
    • SPORT PACKAGE
    • LANE TRACKING PACKAGE

Sticker Price --> $61,910.00

Options added 2 yrs Service --> $729.00

Total Car Cost --> $62,639.00

Residual percentage --> 69%

Residual value --> $43,220.91

Negotiated Cost (Cap Cost) --> $53,181.67

Rolled in # 1 (Service) --> $1,029.00

Rolled in # 2 (Taxes) --> $1,335.29 (Long Island, NY)

Total --> $55,545.96

Months Lease --> 27

Depreciation over 27 months --> $12,325.05

Monthly depreciation payment --> $456.48

CC + Residual --> $98,766.87

Money factor --> 0.00120

Money factor payment --> $118.52

Lease payment --> $575.00

Drive Off : $1,819.79

1st month $575.00

DMV fee $60.00

Smog Fee $10.00

Tree Fee $12.50

Bank fee $990 * 8.625 % = 1,080.82

Doc Fee $60 * 8.625% = 81.47

I feel the dealer should be adding the $1029 of 2 yrs service with sticker price and $729 residual percentage to Negotiated Cost... please let me know if I am wrong here...

Thanks for all your help.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@raj2014, apologies, some of your posts got stuck in our automated spam queue (sometimes it gets confused by all the numbers I think). We'll try to clean up the extra posts after you get some replies.

Thanks Steve.
    If its easy let me know how to delete my duplicate posts... Thanks for all your help

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    raj2014, apologies, some of your posts got stuck in our automated spam queue (sometimes it gets confused by all the numbers I think). We'll try to clean up the extra posts after you get some replies.

• mikep20mikep20 Member Posts: 6

kyfdx & ghstudio......thanks for comments/advice. With limited lease knowledge, we thought the same....getting selling price down to $50k-$52k, we'd be in the hunt. CFO handles company car leases, has leasing experience. We like our MB sales person, so might just turn MB contact info over to CFO, avoid independent.....as you mention, better deals might be thru MB. Wife's other option is going with the ML350, lower MSRP, more wiggle room.

@mikep20 said:
    kyfdx & ghstudio......thanks for comments/advice. With limited lease knowledge, we thought the same....getting selling price down to $50k-$52k, we'd be in the hunt. CFO handles company car leases, has leasing experience. We like our MB sales person, so might just turn MB contact info over to CFO, avoid independent.....as you mention, better deals might be thru MB. Wife's other option is going with the ML350, lower MSRP, more wiggle room.

I think there's actually more wiggle room in an E350 sedan. Post some quotes with info I asked for.

• prelude622prelude622 Member Posts: 29
    Is it possible to get a 24 month lease instead of 27 months?? One dealer told me they can do 24 months while another dealer said MB doesn't even offer a 24 month lease program

@prelude622 said:
    Is it possible to get a 24 month lease instead of 27 months?? One dealer told me they can do 24 months while another dealer said MB doesn't even offer a 24 month lease program

Yes, MB does offer 24 month programs. However, for some models, the 27 month residual is the same as 24 months, so your payment would come down a bit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kittykat73kittykat73 Member Posts: 2

Hello. Can someone provide the info for the E350 coupe (MF, residual) for both 36 and 42 months, 12K/yr? Thanks.

@kittykat73 said:
    Hello. Can someone provide the info for the E350 coupe (MF, residual) for both 36 and 42 months, 12K/yr? Thanks.

.00128 MF and 58%/54% residual, respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kittykat73kittykat73 Member Posts: 2

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00128 MF and 58%/54% residual, respectively.

Thank you for responding. The dealership is saying .00178, which is about a $40/month difference. Would there be a reason that their number is higher, like padding fees or some unknown surcharge?

@kittykat73 said:
    Thank you for responding. The dealership is saying .00178, which is about a $40/month difference. Would there be a reason that their number is higher, like padding fees or some unknown surcharge?

The dealer is allowed to mark up the MF for extra profit. I'd ask them why.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Need help with Lease formula.

I have been able to find out how to calculate the lease, if nothing is rolled in it. I want to know how to calculate the lease if things (ie: tax, bank fee, others) or rolled into it.

Thanks

@raj2014 said:
    Need help with Lease formula.

I have been able to find out how to calculate the lease, if nothing is rolled in it. I want to know how to calculate the lease if things (ie: tax, bank fee, others) or rolled into it.

Thanks

You adjust the cap cost to include the taxes and fees, then calculate the lease as before.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Any thoughts anyone... The dealer has been calling me for two days now....
    Thanks

@raj2014 said:
    Hi Everyone,

Got following quote on 2014 E350 4Matic and wanted to know if its a good deal or should I push the dealer more....

With following packages:

• P1
    • SPORT PACKAGE
    • LANE TRACKING PACKAGE

Sticker Price --> $61,910.00

Options added 2 yrs Service --> $729.00

Total Car Cost --> $62,639.00

Residual percentage --> 69%

Residual value --> $43,220.91

Negotiated Cost (Cap Cost) --> $53,181.67

Rolled in # 1 (Service) --> $1,029.00

Rolled in # 2 (Taxes) --> $1,335.29 (Long Island, NY)

Total --> $55,545.96

Months Lease --> 27

Depreciation over 27 months --> $12,325.05

Monthly depreciation payment --> $456.48

CC + Residual --> $98,766.87

Money factor --> 0.00120

Money factor payment --> $118.52

Lease payment --> $575.00

Drive Off : $1,819.79

1st month $575.00

DMV fee $60.00

Smog Fee $10.00

Tree Fee $12.50

Bank fee $990 * 8.625 % = 1,080.82

Doc Fee $60 * 8.625% = 81.47

I feel the dealer should be adding the $1029 of 2 yrs service with sticker price and $729 residual percentage to Negotiated Cost... please let me know if I am wrong here...

Thanks for all your help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak to a recent car buyer/lessee who wanted multiple airbags in his/her new or used car, including knee, hip and side curtain airbags. If you recently purchased a car, and the availability of multiple airbags was an important feature to you, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on Friday, May 9, 2014.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jayzee9jayzee9 Member Posts: 7

Can someone please post the residuals and promotional Money Factors for 12k Miles for the E350 Sedan and E350 Cabriolet/Convertible? MSDs can only be applied to base money factors, correct, but autopay discounts can apply to promotional money factors? Also, what is the standard (un marked up) acu fee for MB?

Thanks

@raj2014 said:
    Any thoughts anyone... The dealer has been calling me for two days now....
    Thanks

$1820 due at signing and $575/mo. for a $62K vehicle can't be a bad deal... But, the service thing is confusing... If the service has a $729 price, then why are they adding in $1029 for it? Is it $729 or $1029?

Also, the acquisition fee seems to be marked up from $795 to $990.

If you can negotiate $500 total back out of this deal, then you are saving $20/mo. If they keep calling, tell them that's what is holding you back, and see what they say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@jayzee9 said:
    Can someone please post the residuals and promotional Money Factors for 12k Miles for the E350 Sedan and E350 Cabriolet/Convertible? MSDs can only be applied to base money factors, correct, but autopay discounts can apply to promotional money factors? Also, what is the standard (un marked up) acu fee for MB?

Thanks

For the E350 sedan, the special lease is on 27 months..

.00136 MF and 67% residual for 27mo, 12K/yr.

For the E350 convertible, the best term is 36 months.

.00118 MF and 58% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

As far as I know, you are correct... Auto-pay discount on any deal. MSDs only on standard money factors. The base acquisition fee is $795, with Mercedes allowing the dealers to mark it up as high as $1095.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks Kyfdx...

According to dealer, they charge 1029 for 2 year service. So, he said, I would only be paying the residual value of 729 in my lease. But when he is adding the 1029, he is adding it to the Cap Cost and adding the 729 to the MSRP of the lease. This is what confusing me also. Should it not be the other way around?

Thanks again for all your help.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    If you can negotiate $500 total back out of this deal, then you are saving $20/mo. If they keep calling, tell them that's what is holding you back, and see what they say.

edited May 2014

Wow...how wrong can you get. The 2 year maintenance is about $800 (or $1029 if your dealer jacks that up too). That gets added to the MSRP and unless they discount it, to the Capitalized cost. The addition of another $1029 or $729 on top of that is just plain wrong and double counting.

The total cost of $800/$1029 is in the MSRP and it is treated just like any other feature (subject to discount like any other feature by the way). It's no different than adding a comfort box.

Either the dealer doesn't understand how to do a lease or he is trying to sneak in some extra profit but what he's proposed makes no sense to me. (Note: dealers don't exactly like to put maintenance into the lease because it cuts their profit on service....so they sometimes play games including trying to sell you non mercedes service which would not be treated as a feature and you would have to pay the entire amount over the life of the lease (autonation tried that on me))

edited May 2014

Thanks @ghstudio....

It did sound little off to me but I figured I ask here before making it a big deal with him. I sure will take this up with him.

Do you or anyone else have the MF and RV on E350 4Matic on 33 and 36 month lease with 7500 miles?

Thanks again for all your help. I can now look forward to saving approx 20 - 25 per month on my lease... if he gives in

@ghstudio said:
    Wow...how wrong can you get. The 2 year maintenance is about $800 (or $1029 if your dealer jacks that up too). That gets added to the MSRP and unless they discount it, to the Capitalized cost. The addition of another $1029 or $729 on top of that is just plain wrong and double counting.

The total cost of $800/$1029 is in the MSRP and it is treated just like any other feature (subject to discount like any other feature by the way). It's no different than adding a comfort box.

Either the dealer doesn't understand how to do a lease or he is trying to sneak in some extra profit but what he's proposed makes no sense to me. (Note: dealers don't exactly like to put maintenance into the lease because it cuts their profit on service....so they sometimes play games including trying to sell you non mercedes service which would not be treated as a feature and you would have to pay the entire amount over the life of the lease (autonation tried that on me))

If he is adding $1029 to the capitalized cost and adding $729 to the residual, that would be ok....but it doesn't sound like that's what he did.

• jemc30jemc30 Member Posts: 1

@jayzee9 said:

Thanks

Just Got E 350 coupe 2014 MSRP 58K. Dropped 17% MSRP. Drive off 1100. MF 0.0118 including Autopay. Monthly payment including taxes US 580. This is for 37 month 12K. Good luck.

Great deal! Is it 27 months or 36 months?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• av1011av1011 Member Posts: 14

Hello All, I am wanting to lease a E250 Bluetec this month. I am looking for the MF and Residual Value for 36/42/48 month lease with 12k miles/yr. The price I have been offered is 10% off MSRP + $3000.00 (MB incentive). Looking for a car with MSRP of $62500.00. Thanks in advance for all the help. I am in FL.

This discussion has been closed.