Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2014 Lexus IS 250 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39

Hello guys. I don't have the broken down details but does $340 a month, payment 27 months, 10k miles, $1200 out of pocket sound like a good deal for a base model???

I am not asking for a anal review for with details I don't have, just want to know if $1200 up front with $340 sounds good for a IS250 base compared to others.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,373

Good deals?

The last three quotes all look pretty close.. and, all in California, I think...

About $400/mo, with all costs rolled in... seems like a decent deal for a $40K car on a short term lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    glkatzglkatz Member Posts: 5

First, and most importantly, thanks for helping someone that previously got ripped off leasing a car get on much firmer footing this time around. I was offered the following deal in Bergen County, NJ. Thoughts are appreciated.

Lexus IS 250 AWD. MSRP: $38,635

Optional Equipment: Blind Spot Monitor: $600

F Sport Package $2,675

Nav Package: $2,085

Trunk mat, cargo net, whl locks and rear bumper app $328

Total Optional equipment: $5,688

Delivery Processing and Handling: $910

Total MSRP: 45,233

Negotiated Price: 43,983

Residual: 72%

Money Factor: .0007

Lease Term: 27 months / 10,000 miles per year

With no money down I was told lease payments of $479 / month

Thoughts on this offer? My only concern is that I didn't negotiate the price down far enough from the MSRP. That being said, when I calculate the Edmunds TMV it says $44,017 so maybe I didn't do that off-market after all.

Thoughts are appreciated as I would love to pull the trigger on this beautiful car as soon as I'm reassured the deal I'm getting isn't far off-market.

Thanks again !

• Options

Yeah.. I'd want a lower price... $1250 off isn't much.. On the advertised lease deals, they assume a $1700 discount.. I'd shoot for at least $2000 off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    glkatzglkatz Member Posts: 5

Hi. I ended up w/$2,000 off the MSRP. Ended up w/monthly payments of $450. I also had to pay about $2,700 in various taxes and fees. Not sure if I gave up some money there but most seemed to be pretty fixed and I had just gotten exhausted by that point. Bottom line this site helped me save a lot, and feel good about the deal, and I thank you for that.

Gabe

• Options

Enjoy your new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for all the help guys, I had so much inquiries. I originally thought I would end up in a Optima or Sonata, but I pulled the trigger on my Lexus lease offer.

I am not sure if I could have done a little better but this deal was just so quick and hassle free.

Either way it is 27 months and now I am part of the Lexus family and it can only get better with up coming cars.
  • Options

Congrats! I still learn a little something from every lease deal..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    goldenarches69goldenarches69 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for all your help! I walked out the door yesterday with the is250 RWD fsport, nav, blind spot monitor, 24 mo/12k miles for $325/MO (tax included) with $2k out of pocket.

• Options
    socalnewguy83socalnewguy83 Member Posts: 31

Just wanted to post the numbers I got from a lease this weekend. I think it was "extra good" given the end of the month, but here is it anyways. I actually went to another dealer and they said "we can't touch that deal"

2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport w/ Navi & Blind Spot

MSRP - $42,810

Sale Price - $39,110

Residual - $31,679.40

24mo w/ 10k year - $349.39 (taxes included)

$4,700 down including

9 MSD's - $3,150

1st Mo Payment - $349.39

Various fees/taxes/insurance - $1,200.61

• Options
    atos2012atos2012 Member Posts: 86

What happens to MSD in the end of the lease if you decide to buy the car or resell it to some body else?

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• Options
    socalnewguy83socalnewguy83 Member Posts: 31

@atos2012 said:
    What happens to MSD in the end of the lease if you decide to buy the car or resell it to some body else?

my residual would lower by $3150, otherwise it is returned to me.

• Options
    atos2012atos2012 Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2014

@socalnewguy83 so the money is going toward the car purchase. ok thanks, good to know.

** Saved Money - Earned Money **

• Options
    gtmiamigtmiami Member Posts: 34

@socalnewguy83 said:
    Just wanted to post the numbers I got from a lease this weekend. I think it was "extra good" given the end of the month, but here is it anyways. I actually went to another dealer and they said "we can't touch that deal"

2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport w/ Navi & Blind Spot

MSRP - $42,810

Sale Price - $39,110

Residual - $31,679.40

24mo w/ 10k year - $349.39 (taxes included)

$4,700 down including

9 MSD's - $3,150

1st Mo Payment - $349.39

Various fees/taxes/insurance - $1,200.61

sound good,which state,city?

• Options
    hello_worldhello_world Member Posts: 3

Hi, I'm looking to lease is250 awd with Premium option with 15k / 27 or 36 mo. Can anyone provide the June MF and Res in VA?

Thanks in advance!

• Options

@hello_world said:
    Hi, I'm looking to lease is250 awd with Premium option with 15k / 27 or 36 mo. Can anyone provide the June MF and Res in VA?

Thanks in advance!

.00075 MF and 69%/61% residual for 27mo/36mo, with 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gtmiamigtmiami Member Posts: 34

Hi, I'm looking to lease is250 fsport with nav or without(havent decided yet) 10k / 27 mo. Can anyone provide the June MF and Res in FL?

Thank you! :)

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,989

@gtmiami said:
    Hi, I'm looking to lease is250 fsport with nav or without(havent decided yet) 10k / 27 mo. Can anyone provide the June MF and Res in FL?

Thank you! :)

72% and .00085 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    cheungmccheungmc Member Posts: 22
    Can someone please post the June residual and MF for 12k/27 & 12k/ 36. Lexus IS250 RWD. Thanks!
  • Options
    iamgortiamgort Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2014

@kyfdx said:
    I don't think it matters.... are you sure they offer it in AWD?

I was mistaken, they don't offer AWD convertible...no worries, though.

So we went in to test drive an IS250C and the numbers were pretty crappy. The lowest the dealer "said" they could get was 3000 under MSRP on a car with an MSRP of about 50K.

We were comparing this with a mercedes SLK 250 and were able to get a dealer to go way below invoice and also USAA incentive on top of that made it a crazy deal.

Combine that with the higher money factor and lower residual, it just looked bad. It's too bad because we actually liked the Lexus more than the SLK especially because it had a back seat, but we were looking at a $398/month payment on a lease for a 52K MSRP car (benz) vs an almost $600/month payment on a lease for a 50K MSRP car.

Was the dealer just holding out or is lexus just not able to get as far below invoice as MB is? I know the residual and money factor aren't negotiable below the MF floor. This was going off 69% residual and .0017 money factor on a 27 month term.

• Options
    edjjedjj Member Posts: 6

I'm leasing a 2014 IS 250C (convertible) but posting here because that forum is (sadly) empty. I'm being told the residual for 36 months/12,000 miles is .60 and that the MF is .0017.

Does anyone know how much the security deposit is and by how much the MF drops per additional security deposit (which I understand can be up to 9). Also, does the dealer have to agree to the MSDs or is that automatically available through LFS?

Thanks very much for your help.

• Options

@cheungmc said:
    Can someone please post the June residual and MF for 12k/27 & 12k/ 36. Lexus IS250 RWD. Thanks!

27/12 - 69%

36/12 - 61%

MF is .00085 for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    edited June 2014

@edjj said:
    I'm leasing a 2014 IS 250C (convertible) but posting here because that forum is (sadly) empty. I'm being told the residual for 36 months/12,000 miles is .60 and that the MF is .0017.

Does anyone know how much the security deposit is and by how much the MF drops per additional security deposit (which I understand can be up to 9). Also, does the dealer have to agree to the MSDs or is that automatically available through LFS?

Residual is correct at 60%, as is the base MF of .00170.

I believe each security deposit reduces the MF by .00005; the amount of the security deposit is the calculated monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell said:
    I believe each security deposit reduces the MF by .00005; the amount of the security deposit is the calculated monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50.

Thanks!

• Options
    Hey guys general leasing question... When you get a lease with an odd number like 27, 33, 39, etc.
    How does the milage work? What does it mean if I get 10k miles(per year) and a 27 month lease?
  • Options

@kazuya_mishima said:
    Hey guys general leasing question... When you get a lease with an odd number like 27, 33, 39, etc.
    How does the milage work? What does it mean if I get 10k miles(per year) and a 27 month lease?

27 months is 2.25 yrs... 22,500 miles

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    hmanson2hmanson2 Member Posts: 4

Hello, needed some guidance on how good of a deal this is for a Lexus is 250 f sport fully loaded model.

2800 $ down with all taxes and fees
    325 month including tax
    12,000 miles per year
    24 month lease
    MSRP 43,000 Invoice is 39,000
    Money Factor is .00095 & Residual is 73 % or 31,490

Thank you for your help, based in California

• Options

It's going to be hard to say.. You quote invoice, but is that the selling price? CA taxes the monthly payment, so the only thing necessary to pay upfront is the 1st payment, security deposit (if required) and title/registration/doc fees. Acquisition fee can be paid upfront, but I usually roll it in to the payment. All of that shouldn't add up to $2800, though.

Give the selling price, and a breakdown of the $2800, and we'll be able to make an educated assessment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Adjusted Cap cost is 37,103.51
    DMV and upfront fees are 1000 $

• Options

$43,000 MSRP

$37103 CAP

.00095 MF

73% residual

24 payments = $303/mo.

With 8% tax, you are right there... Seems like a solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thank you :)

• Options

I have two questions about a proposed lease deal.

First, I am being offered about $400 "below invoice," but the "invoice" price includes a charge of $643 for "TDA." Is this legit?

Second, when I calculate my lease payment it comes to about $20 a month less than the dealer. According to the dealer, this is because for every lease it does, Lexus Financial requires "gap" insurance and has a "leasing fee" for which it charges me a total of about $700. Is this accurate?

• Options

@edjj said:
    I have two questions about a proposed lease deal.

First, I am being offered about $400 "below invoice," but the "invoice" price includes a charge of $643 for "TDA." Is this legit?

TDA is Toyota Dealer Advertising.

Second, when I calculate my lease payment it comes to about $20 a month less than the dealer. According to the dealer, this is because for every lease it does, Lexus Financial requires "gap" insurance and has a "leasing fee" for which it charges me a total of about $700. Is this accurate?

Ask them to quote you the real dollar amount being added in to the net cap cost for both gap and the leasing fee. Gap is pretty standard in leases, but I don't know what a 'leasing fee' is - unless it's the acquisition fee with a fancy name to confuse customers.

The best way to determine if these are legitimate is to contact a second Lexus dealer and have them work up some numbers on a similar car and see where they come in with a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99

Hi guys,

Looking to lease a 2014 IS250 awd f-sport

Looking for 27/12 and 15k MF and residual
    As well as 24/12 and 15 residual

Thank you!
    Also, what kind of discount should I shoot for? 10 percent?

• Options

@porsche911c4s said:
    Hi guys,

Looking to lease a 2014 IS250 awd f-sport

Looking for 27/12 and 15k MF and residual
    As well as 24/12 and 15 residual

Thank you!
    Also, what kind of discount should I shoot for? 10 percent?

24/15 - 71%

27/15 - 69%

add 2% for 12k

.00085 MF for all

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    porsche911c4sporsche911c4s Member Posts: 99

Thank you michael for the quick response!!

• Options
    nycrollnycroll Member Posts: 2

I'm looking to lease a IS250 AWD w/ premium pkg in NY. Can someone post the MF and residual for 24/10K and 27/10K? Thanks!

• Options

@nycroll said:
    I'm looking to lease a IS250 AWD w/ premium pkg in NY. Can someone post the MF and residual for 24/10K and 27/10K? Thanks!

24/10 - 74%

27/10 - 72%

.00075 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    nycrollnycroll Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the prompt response Michaell!

• Options
    angrysmurfangrysmurf Member Posts: 6

Looking at an is250 f sport but unsure whether lexus has program's like Audi and vw for foreign professionals. Anyone able to provide advice.

• Options

@angrysmurf said:
    Looking at an is250 f sport but unsure whether lexus has program's like Audi and vw for foreign professionals. Anyone able to provide advice.

What foreign professionals program? First I've heard of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    angrysmurfangrysmurf Member Posts: 6

Similar for Audi also....

The Foreign Business Professionals Plan

One of the major difficulties in moving to the USA is establishing a Credit History. Volkswagen has this plan for those professionals that are in the USA on business.

Here are the requirements:

A letter from your employer detailing your Salary, Length of Contract or expected length of job in the USA.
    Copy of VISA
    Permanent resident card or I-94

• Options

@angrysmurf said:
    Similar for Audi also....

The Foreign Business Professionals Plan

One of the major difficulties in moving to the USA is establishing a Credit History. Volkswagen has this plan for those professionals that are in the USA on business.

Here are the requirements:

A letter from your employer detailing your Salary, Length of Contract or expected length of job in the USA.
    Copy of VISA
    Permanent resident card or I-94

Interesting ... allows folks to qualify for loans and leases without having to establish a lengthy credit history.

Not aware that Lexus has any sort of similar program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    joshadelicjoshadelic Member Posts: 6

Hi. Could someone please post the July residual and MF for 12k/27mo & 12k/36mo - Lexus IS250 AWD. I have a Lexus lease that is over next month. Is there an owner loyalty incentive for July? I'm looking to lease this car with no money down. What should the payment be approximately for one of these with an MSRP of $46k-ish?

• Options

@joshadelic said:
    Hi. Could someone please post the July residual and MF for 12k/27mo & 12k/36mo - Lexus IS250 AWD. I have a Lexus lease that is over next month. Is there an owner loyalty incentive for July? I'm looking to lease this car with no money down. What should the payment be approximately for one of these with an MSRP of $46k-ish?

27/12 - 71%

36/12 - 63%

MF of .00085 for both.

We would need the negotiated cap cost to model a payment for you.

Not certain what incentives are available this month - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    joshadelicjoshadelic Member Posts: 6

@Michaell said:
    We would need the negotiated cap cost to model a payment for you.

How about an MSRP of $46,118 and a selling price of $42,700. Also, I'm in Massachusetts if it makes any difference.

Thank you!

• Options

@joshadelic said:
    Thank you!

36/10 pre-tax payment of $440.04.

27/10 pre-tax payment of $432.88

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133

Hi All.
    I just got IS 250 AWD MSRP $44,xxx. Navigation and Blind Spot, 27 months, 7500 miles a year. Payment $400 a month including NY tax.
    Due at sign in $1200 ( bank fee, DMV and first payment).

• Options
    socal68socal68 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2014

Hello,

Can someone provide the rate and residual on a IS 250 rear wheel drive for 27 and 36 month lease with 12k and 10k? I noticed someone posted them earlier, but that was in June.

Thank you

• Options

@socal68 said:
    Hello,

Can someone provide the rate and residual on a IS 250 rear wheel drive for 27 and 36 month lease with 12k and 10k? I noticed someone posted them earlier, but that was in June.

Thank you

.00085 MF. 71% residual for 27mo, 10K/yr. 70% for 12K/yr.

I'm not sure of the 36 month residuals, but I think they are 63% and 62% respectively.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.