Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    drummer2 said:

I'm currently leasing C-300 and its set to expire in August. The dealership called me yesterday and offered me 4 months off if I get a new lease. I'm thinking of leasing GLA 4MATIC 250. My lease details (and mistakes from last time):

2013 C300, $453/month (12k, 27 months) which includes mandatory MB service plan. Is that still true -- that I have to get the dealership service plan if I lease? The cost of the C-class was 42k.

How can I calculate my MF for my current lease and how can I get the number from my dealer? From previous posts it seems, .00155 MF and 66% residual are the right numbers for 36month lease for 10k miles/year.

It's not possible to reverse engineer the MF from other numbers in a lease. All you can do is be better prepared for the next lease. There is a pull ahead program going on for the C-class - 4 payments waived if you lease a GLA (among others).

I confirm the MF and residual for the GLA250 as .00155 and 66% (36/10). If you can get an MSRP and the net cap cost, we can model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    drummer2drummer2 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the response. I'm going down to the dealership tonight. But do you know if purchasing a MB service plan from the dealer is mandatory on my lease? Last time I was told that the deal is off if I don't sign up for their service plan as it's a requirement from MB!
  • Options
    drummer2 said:

Thanks for the response. I'm going down to the dealership tonight. But do you know if purchasing a MB service plan from the dealer is mandatory on my lease? Last time I was told that the deal is off if I don't sign up for their service plan as it's a requirement from MB!

No, it's not mandatory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    tottenham_coystottenham_coys Member Posts: 5
    ...just financed (not leased, sorry) a 2015 GLA - black/beige MB-tex, keyless-go, panorama roof, heated seats:
    MSRP $37960
    paid $35000 for the car, $37391 out the door
    ...this was at Mercedes of Burlington, MA - they seemed eager to deal...Larry Marcus was a great salesperson to work with...
    COYS
  • Options

...just financed (not leased, sorry) a 2015 GLA - black/beige MB-tex, keyless-go, panorama roof, heated seats:
    MSRP $37960
    paid $35000 for the car, $37391 out the door
    ...this was at Mercedes of Burlington, MA - they seemed eager to deal...Larry Marcus was a great salesperson to work with...
    COYS

Congratulations .. the price paid should help others who are negotiating for leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    houstontx8250houstontx8250 Member Posts: 24
    Is March still .00155 and 66% for 36/10? Thanks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Is March still .00155 and 66% for 36/10? Thanks.

Yup

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    krambo83krambo83 Member Posts: 2
    Hello there,

can someone please help with MF and residual for 2015 CLA250?

thanks
  • Options
    krambo83krambo83 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention 36/12k

• Options
    krambo83 said:

Hello there,

can someone please help with MF and residual for 2015 CLA250?

thanks

krambo83 said:

Forgot to mention 36/12k

FWD - .00153

4Matic - .00152

64% residual for both, 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tsinoytsinoy Member Posts: 24
    is it true that selling price offered on purchase is different on selling price offered for Lease?
    Was in the impression that dealers can give better offer if you purchase rather than lease?

I was given an offer of $3.4k off MSRP for GLA2504Matic purchase but would like to counter to use same selling price for a lease option for 36mos/36k miles.. is that possible?
  • Options
    tsinoy said:

is it true that selling price offered on purchase is different on selling price offered for Lease?
    Was in the impression that dealers can give better offer if you purchase rather than lease?

I was given an offer of $3.4k off MSRP for GLA2504Matic purchase but would like to counter to use same selling price for a lease option for 36mos/36k miles.. is that possible?

You should negotiate your best selling price for a lease just like you would for a purchase.

That said, there are incentives that are only valid for purchase, not lease, that would affect the final selling price.

Use the "Car Research" tab at the top of the page to link to current customer incentives - both purchase and lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    exclusives88exclusives88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm looking to lease a GLA250 with no options. The MSRP will be roughly around 32,500. The dealership told me that the MF is .00145 and the residual is 66% for 36 month lease, 10k miles.

I'm planning on putting no downpayment as I'd like to roll all the fees into the lease. I am a virginia resident. Can you help me calculate my lease payment?

Thanks!!
  • Options

Hi, I'm looking to lease a GLA250 with no options. The MSRP will be roughly around 32,500. The dealership told me that the MF is .00145 and the residual is 66% for 36 month lease, 10k miles.

I'm planning on putting no downpayment as I'd like to roll all the fees into the lease. I am a virginia resident. Can you help me calculate my lease payment?

Thanks!!

We need to know the selling price plus all the fees rolled in to model a payment.

I confirm the auto-pay MF of .00145 and 36/10 residual of 66%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Selling price of the car is $32,204. The fees are the below:

$795 acquisition fee
    $399 first month payment
    $299 processing fee
    $263 tags and title
    $1,353 taxes

I'd like all fees rolled in so that I am only paying $399 as my initial fee.

Thanks!!
  • Options

$795 acquisition fee
    $399 first month payment
    $299 processing fee
    $263 tags and title
    $1,353 taxes

Thanks!!

The net cap cost works out to $34,914 in this case. With the other numbers quoted above, I get a payment of $455.73/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    polandspringpolandspring Member Posts: 28
    I plan on purchasing a MB soon and had a few questions about rates. I have an acceptable FICO score. But I am unsure if MBFS uses an autoenhanced credit score. The autoenhanced credit score scares me, as I have no previous auto loan history, though I do have credit and student loan history. If I have no auto loan history will that affect my score the dealer uses. Also what is the credit score needed for the promotional lease rates? Thanks
  • Options

I plan on purchasing a MB soon and had a few questions about rates. I have an acceptable FICO score. But I am unsure if MBFS uses an autoenhanced credit score. The autoenhanced credit score scares me, as I have no previous auto loan history, though I do have credit and student loan history. If I have no auto loan history will that affect my score the dealer uses. Also what is the credit score needed for the promotional lease rates? Thanks

I don't know which score MBFS uses to determine top tier credit; nor do I have a chart that shows what score qualifies. If I were to guess, it would be 700+, but take that for what it's worth.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

$795 acquisition fee
    $399 first month payment
    $299 processing fee
    $263 tags and title
    $1,353 taxes

Thanks!!

The net cap cost works out to $34,914 in this case. With the other numbers quoted above, I get a payment of $455.73/mo
    May I ask how you got a net cap cost of $34,914?

I'm going to the dealership on Saturday for another GLA250 FWD. The MSRP is $32,675. I negotiated down to $30,275. Here are the fees break out:

$103 tags and title
    $299 processing fee
    $2,851 virginia taxes

I will be putting down $1,700 + first month payment. Can you help calculate for 36 months, 10,000 miles? I'm getting adjusted cap cost of $31,828 ($30,275 + $3,253 - $1,700). The cap cost includes taxes being rolled in.

With a .00145 and 66% residual, I am getting a monthly payment of $370 a month. Does that sound correct?

• Options

Michaell said:

$795 acquisition fee
    $399 first month payment
    $299 processing fee
    $263 tags and title
    $1,353 taxes

Thanks!!

May I ask how you got a net cap cost of $34,914?

I'm going to the dealership on Saturday for another GLA250 FWD. The MSRP is $32,675. I negotiated down to $30,275. Here are the fees break out:

$103 tags and title
    $299 processing fee
    $2,851 virginia taxes

I will be putting down $1,700 + first month payment. Can you help calculate for 36 months, 10,000 miles? I'm getting adjusted cap cost of $31,828 ($30,275 + $3,253 - $1,700). The cap cost includes taxes being rolled in.

With a .00145 and 66% residual, I am getting a monthly payment of $370 a month. Does that sound correct?

I'm getting $362.49/mo with those numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Sorry anyone know if money factors have increased this month.  Anyone know the money factors for the CLA and the GLA for a 10k/36mo lease? 

Thanks
  • Options

Sorry anyone know if money factors have increased this month.  Anyone know the money factors for the CLA and the GLA for a 10k/36mo lease? 

Thanks

CLA is .00152 (FWD) or .00153 (4Matic) and 65% for 36/10

GLA is .00155 (both) and 66% for 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I thought the CLA FWD was .00153. And the dealer is telling me it increased to .00155 (based on MBUSA.com special offers it seems plausible). Should I push the lower one to my dealer?
  • Options
    I thought the CLA FWD was .00153. And the dealer is telling me it increased to .00155 (based on MBUSA.com special offers it seems plausible). Should I push the lower one to my dealer?
    Our information shows .00155 this month. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bestornothing1bestornothing1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Friends!

Want to start off by saying I've negotiated some killer leases with you guys, so much so my friends have been asking me for help. My friend Carla wants to get out of VW and into a Mercedes. That or something premium that offers a high residual for those who want at least 15k a year for low payments.

Recently I talked to my dealer guy about a C300 w/AMG sport package (for me). He was pretty much going to give me a big discount on the car, 36 months, 15k a year, $1,200 down for $421.67 a month. Negotiated from $46,605 to $39,005. Just realized I personally didn't love the car. Happy to see such a discount though ...

Carla would like to be in the $350 a month or less category but was hoping for a GLA. Does the GLA have a high mark up that can be negotiated like the C-Class?

- What is the typical MSRP discount?
    - Money Factor/Residual for 36 months 12k
    - Money Factor/Residual for 36 months 15k

Thanks! Any suggestions for other cars with good leases please let me know.

• Options

Hi Friends!

Want to start off by saying I've negotiated some killer leases with you guys, so much so my friends have been asking me for help. My friend Carla wants to get out of VW and into a Mercedes. That or something premium that offers a high residual for those who want at least 15k a year for low payments.

Recently I talked to my dealer guy about a C300 w/AMG sport package (for me). He was pretty much going to give me a big discount on the car, 36 months, 15k a year, $1,200 down for $421.67 a month. Negotiated from $46,605 to $39,005. Just realized I personally didn't love the car. Happy to see such a discount though ...

Carla would like to be in the $350 a month or less category but was hoping for a GLA. Does the GLA have a high mark up that can be negotiated like the C-Class?

- What is the typical MSRP discount?
    - Money Factor/Residual for 36 months 12k
    - Money Factor/Residual for 36 months 15k

Thanks! Any suggestions for other cars with good leases please let me know.

The GLA is a new model and it's doubtful that it's going for big discounts.

.00155 MF and 65%/63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Is the .0001 discount for autopay still out there?
  • Options

Is the .0001 discount for autopay still out there?

Yes..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sheddahsheddah Member Posts: 40
    Can you please tell me the MF and residual for GLA 4MATIC 24 mo 12k lease? Top tier credit.
  • Options
    sheddah said:

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for GLA 4MATIC 24 mo 12k lease? Top tier credit.

.00155 and 68%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    sheddahsheddah Member Posts: 40
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Firstly I need to then you all for your help.

I had another question. Are there any Value Added Programs out there (I.e. 39 month leases) for the GLA or CLA?

thanks

• Options

Firstly I need to then you all for your help.

I had another question. Are there any Value Added Programs out there (I.e. 39 month leases) for the GLA or CLA?

thanks

No.. 36 months is still the offer..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qed1qed1 Member Posts: 20
    Can you please tell me the MF and residual for GLA 4MATIC 36mo/10k lease for May? Top tier credit. Can I expect those numbers into June? Not sure how often they change. Thank you!
  • Options
    qed1 said:

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for GLA 4MATIC 36mo/10k lease for May? Top tier credit. Can I expect those numbers into June? Not sure how often they change. Thank you!

.00155 MF and 66% residual through June 1st.

No crystal ball on what might happen next month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

qed1 said:

Thank you for the reply! Should I assume that these number always change from month to month?
  • Options
    qed1 said:

kyfdx said:

qed1 said:

Thank you for the reply! Should I assume that these number always change from month to month?
    Is that MF considered subvented? Does Mercedes accept multiple MSDs?
  • Options
    qed1 said:

qed1 said:

kyfdx said:

qed1 said:

Is that MF considered subvented? Does Mercedes accept multiple MSDs?
    A new program comes out each month, but the numbers don't always change.

Yes, the MF is subvented, so MSDs won't help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you for the great info. This is all very helpful.
  • Options
    theduke21211theduke21211 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    I'm negotiating with a couple dealers for a GLA 250...

MSRP - $42,395.00
    Base Cap - $39,936.09
    Down Payment - $0
    Acquisition Costs (see details below) - $1,663.50
    Net Cap - $41,599.59
    Residual value - .65
    Money Factor - .001850
    36 mths/12k

Acquisition Cost break down - MB default $750 + $95 doc fee +$450 plates/registration + $371 -> is this a dealer markup?

I'm having a real hard time getting either dealer to move off of the MF .001850. On this thread, it appears most people are able to negotiate down to .00155 plus an additional -.00010 for auto pay, right?

Also, what about the 5.8% off MSRP, is that reasonable or is there more room given the holdback?

Much thanks

• Options

MSRP - $42,395.00
    Base Cap - $39,936.09
    Down Payment - $0
    Net Cap - $41,599.59
    Residual value - .65
    Money Factor - .001850
    36 mths/12k

Acquisition Cost break down - MB default $750 + $95 doc fee +$450 plates/registration + $371 -> is this a dealer markup?

I'm having a real hard time getting either dealer to move off of the MF .001850. On this thread, it appears most people are able to negotiate down to .00155 plus an additional -.00010 for auto pay, right?

Also, what about the 5.8% off MSRP, is that reasonable or is there more room given the holdback?

Much thanks

.00155 and 65% for 36/12 on the GLA250 this month. As noted, MF is marked up on you.

I get $518/mo pre-tax with your numbers; going to the base MF saves you about $20/mo.

Base acquisition fee from MBFS is $795, so the dealer isn't marking that up on you. Everything else seems in line, too.

Yes, using AutoPay reduces the MF by .0001 to .00145

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Very, very kind, thank you!

So, on the acquisition fee there is $1663.50 total with $795 MBFS + $95 doc fee + $450 plates... that only equals $1340... does that mean the remaining $323.50 is a markup?

The 2nd dealer I went to said he was justifying .00185 b/c he has to make "a little money". What is a valid response?

If I'm getting 5.8% off of msrp, invoice is around 7% off of MSRP, right? Then, they are getting something on the dealer holdback as well?
  • Options

Very, very kind, thank you!

So, on the acquisition fee there is $1663.50 total with $795 MBFS + $95 doc fee + $450 plates... that only equals $1340... does that mean the remaining $323.50 is a markup?

The 2nd dealer I went to said he was justifying .00185 b/c he has to make "a little money". What is a valid response?

If I'm getting 5.8% off of msrp, invoice is around 7% off of MSRP, right? Then, they are getting something on the dealer holdback as well?

I would ask the dealer about the $323.50 - it's gotta go to something, and it could be another fee or it could be a cap cost reduquaction (down payment)

Tell them, politely but firmly, that you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF.

That might result in a slightly higher selling price; I don't track MB pricing, so can't say how much of a discount is enough. The GLA is new and popular, so any discount might be decent.

Yes, the dealer will get something back from MB for holdback - but, if you mention it, it might quash the deal entirely. Dealers are very protective of holdback.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Awesome thank you
  • Options

MSRP - $42,395.00
    Base Cap - $39,936.09
    Down Payment - $0
    Net Cap - $41,599.59
    Residual value - .65
    Money Factor - .001850
    36 mths/12k

Much thanks

MB base acquisition fee is $795. Don't know what the $371 is for, so can't comment.

Base MF is .00155, as you noted.

With your numbers, I get $518/mo.+tax. You didn't mention the payment.

MF markup adds $21/mo. to the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bd38bd38 Member Posts: 47
    Hello Moderator,

Could you please advise the MF and residual for 36/7.5K and 24/7.5k for GLA 250 AWD? Thank you.
  • Options
    bd38 said:

Hello Moderator,

Could you please advise the MF and residual for 36/7.5K and 24/7.5k for GLA 250 AWD? Thank you.

.00155 and 70% / 67%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    alijeealijee Member Posts: 13
    wondering if there are residuals and MF available for FWD GLA 250 higher than 15k miles/yr I'm aware of the MF for 15k/yr-36 months

Any idea what the no would be for

18k/yr-36 months and 20k miles/yr-36 months

Thanks
  • Options
    alijee said:

wondering if there are residuals and MF available for FWD GLA 250 higher than 15k miles/yr I'm aware of the MF for 15k/yr-36 months

Any idea what the no would be for

18k/yr-36 months and 20k miles/yr-36 months

Thanks

Not sure if Mercedes does higher mileage allowances on a straight residual. If they do, then 18K/yr would be 2% lower and 20K/yr would be 3% lower than 15K/yr.

Otherwise, the residual is reduced on a per/mile basis... So, 20K/yr would be an extra 15K miles at $0.20 or $0.25 per mile reduction.. ($3000-$3750).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    alijeealijee Member Posts: 13
    Thanks.. just picked up my gla last night

msrp $39295 (fwd gla 250 black, sports package, illuminated grille star,becker pre wiring, blind spot,bi xenon lights, rearview camera, wheel locks, keyless go)

negotiated to 37k even. 18k/yr 36 months at .00145 MF with auto pay and 63% residual

P.s. they do offer 18k and 20k / yr leases