Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jay_gatsbyjay_gatsby Member Posts: 45
    What dealership did you receive the $22,145 quote from?

If you back out the processing and destination charges, that brings your base cost to $21,306. Not a bad price at all, particularly if you take into account that the sales tax for cars in Virginia is 3%, as opposed to the 5% sales tax on cars in Maryland. That means $21,945 (VA) versus $22,171 (MD), a difference of $226. If tax is calculated with destination and processing included, that brings the foregoing totals to $22,809 (VA) versus $22,853, which isn't that much. Personally, I don't care if the difference comes out of the dealership's pocket or the state's pocket...as long as it doesn't come out of mine.
  • Options
    ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    to me that's a good price of $275 a month plus tax... i assume this is 3 years at 12K miles per year? if i could get that lease on a V6 coupe manual transmission, i'd take it, or even a bit higher since i would go for 15K miles a year. anyone know if that's possible in ohio with nothing more than the acquisition fee as a down payment?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    You would be getting quite a bargain if you can get it for an out the door price of $17,000.00.
  • Options
    askorbikaskorbik Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote for a 2006 EX V6 w/Nav for $25915, which is $1000 below the invoice. Can we get lower?

Thanks,
  • Options
    greenhillygreenhilly Member Posts: 2
    I thought I would ask you knowledgeable car people if my negotiating strategy sounds reasonable. I've already test-driven this car and will buy it somewhere. My plan is to offer them (Edmunds invoice-$750-some percentage of holdback+TTL). What percentage of holdback might I want to subtract from my offer? Haven't seen any info about what this car should cost in my part of the country (Carolinas) so this I'm basing this on what others seem to have done in other places.
  • Options
    tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    well, I think U can do an average of $1000 below invoice. I just called Kent Honda in fort worth texas and got that price for manual transmission. I talked to a Fleet Manager and he gave me 18200+ttl. That's $1000 off invoice. He also gave me a free tint too. There were some posted about caroline area pricing below. Do a search and U will see other posts.
  • Options
    lcomplexlcomplex Member Posts: 17
    Has anyone gotten a lower price than $25,0xx? (before any tax or fees)

Or the same car with I4 for $23,0xx?

Please give some feedbacks, thanks!
  • Options
    actuary67actuary67 Member Posts: 16
    For the I-4 , the lowest price I've seen recently here is approx 23,500 ...
  • Options
    vrborgvrborg Member Posts: 4
    I got my Accord SE 2006 yesterday in Chicago. Actually, I was looking for a Honda Fit, but I couldn't find one. I ended up with Accord SE 2006 in silver. It was unplanned and I hadn't studied a bit about Accord.

I paid out-of-the-door price of 20,650. In detail, the car price was 19,094, document fee 57.83, Champaign, IL tax 1,340, new car tax 15, license 143.

After reading the discussions here, I felt it was not a good deal! Honda also charged me 7.75% interest rate!

What do you guys think about my deal? Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't think you did all that bad. Drive the Accord for a while, wait for the Fit to come down in price (as inventories increase), then sell/trade your Accord for a Fit. Then again, you might find that you like the Accord better.
  • Options
    saleman99saleman99 Member Posts: 16
    Not a good deal. I got an internet quote of $18,100 for an LX model and $700 more for the SE. I plan on negotiating in person and won't pay more than $18,500 for an SE model.
  • Options
    ar39ar39 Member Posts: 61
    I bought a 2005 LX 5MT last June & paid one of the lowest prices, $16,200 excluding destination & TTL. All put together, the final price was $18K. The initial quote I got was $21K + TTL! I got a better quote with the next dealer, took this quote to another dealer who beat the previous dealer's quote. The trend continued with 3 dealers before I got a $16,500 internet quote from Open Road Honda, NJ. I took this quote to VIP Honda who, beat the price by $300. There was no other dealer in the NY/NJ that beat VIP's quote. I finally sealed the deal.

BTW the car is running excellent with the latest MPG of 34.
  • Options
    danxpdanxp Member Posts: 47
    just thought i'd share a deal i got from a dealer in ny...

$310/mo (incl tax)
    3yr/15k mi/yr
    color: white
    due at inception: $2072
    - down $500
    - bank fee $595
    - mv fee $175
    - doc fee $167
    - 1st month $310
    - sec dep $325

- .15 mi over 45k mi at end
    - gap insurance included
    - no disposition fee
    - $1500 honda damage waiver
    - purchase at end for $15596

could i have done better?
  • Options
    jpgolf55jpgolf55 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for the info. I am in the Orlando, FL area so I can't call the DFW dealer. But I will certainly give your advise a try. Thanks
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    What's the MF and cap cost (before your $500 contribution)?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    danxpdanxp Member Posts: 47
    i imagine the mf is .00079 instead of .00089 since i'm paying a security deposit...

cap cost, i have to check the lease again...

the advertised deal says the cap cost is 25020... and due at signing is 2139 + ttl... which could take the due at signing figure to well over 2400 or so...

tax on the advertised deal would be 295 or so for 12k/yr... making it 15k/yr should add 25-30 per month... so i figured i saved $10/month while paying $500 less down...

try using the edmunds lease calc to back into a figure for cap cost...
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    Huh? You're asking if you could have done better, correct? I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not using Edmunds calculator for anything. So, as it stands, I'm not able to answer your question with the info provided.

I can tell you, however, that it would have been cheaper to take the .00089 MF and pay zero security deposit. Also the advertised cap cost is AFTER the buyer's contribution, meaning the actual purchase price is far above that. In reality, you should be paying under $25k BEFORE your down payment, bringing your net cap cost to somewhere around $24,300-$24,500.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    exbelowinvoice,
    what was your title & licensing fee? You said doc was $50 right. I will be picking up LX SE MT for around 18200+ttl. They are throwing in free TINT.

Regards.
  • Options
    sct75sct75 Member Posts: 19
    actuary67, ezshift5:

Thank both for the reference to hondacuraworld.com.

I found following link there for the list of HondaCare extended warranty offers from their webisite.

http://www.hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=W- ARR

It's so great to know.
  • Options
    mark26420mark26420 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a V6 6MT 4 door Accord for $23,800 before TTL and trade-in. The TTL came out to be $1,229 or so. I think I got a great deal and I had a wonderful experience at the dealership.
  • Options
    I've been corresponding with various Internet managers, and have found that many of them are very responsive in terms of getting out an initial quote (and are annoying with follow-up messages within a few hours), but the vast majority seem to be very slow in responding to questions about such quotes. In fact, I've followed up with telephone messages, but only one has been returned. Likewise, none of them have been willing to drop their prices very much (i.e. to meet or beat my lowest quote). I understand that Internet quotes cut out the middle-man (i.e. the salesman and his commission), but there should still be plenty of fat on the bone that a dealer could cut into to make the sale.

Am I being too unreasonable in my expectations?
  • Options
    You're not too unreasonable, but the people you usually deal with on the internet don't have the authority to lower prices, only sales managers can do that, and they are usually too busy to deal with someone like you, who might not even be a perspective customer. Think about it, if you were a sales manager would you rather spend your time negotiating with a person online, who might never come to your dealership anyway, or would you rather spend your time negotiating with a person who is in actually standing in your dealership ready to buy. In my experience the internet quote reduces the hassle, but if you really want to lower the price you need to get in the dealership and fight for it. When I bought my last car, I was offered $9,900 for my trade-in, on which I owed $17,000. After 5 and a half hours of negotiating I ended up getting $16,400 for it. I wasted half of their day negotiating and by the fifth hour, they weren't going to let this be a waste of their time. There's always room to go down in price, dealerships will even take a loss on the sale of the car because its a lot more expensive to have it sit on the lot unsold. My advice: Go in person and be ready for a war.
  • Options
    Good advice, although I thought (now rather naively) that I could negotiate everything over the Internet. I guess I'm off to a couple of dealers this weekend and will see what I can negotiate.
  • Options
    jbalakrijbalakri Member Posts: 1
    Folks,

I contacted a couple of dealers and I got a quote for 2006 LX AT for $18399 and SE AT for $18999 which includes the destination charge of $550. Do you guy's think this is a good deal or is there any room for further negotiation.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    apollo412apollo412 Member Posts: 5
    Silver, auto......Paid 20,182 plus TTL and dealer fee of 129$...... Decent price?????

We reached the price fast on the accord but haggled on my trade.......he let me walk over a 200$ difference in what I wanted for my trade, when I was 6 miles down the road called me and told me to come back and gave me the 200$.

Im assuming that letting me walk was over the trade price not the accord price. I think I did ok on the accord price but its not a record breaker, and neither did I want it to be. I realize they have a business to run also.
  • Options
    Did your price of 20,182 include the destination fee???
    also, what state and dealership did you go to???
  • Options
    Trade in values suck. I'm inclined to sell my old Honda in the paper to the first person who shows up with $XXXX in cash. I highly doubt that the dealership will give me anywhere near what I could get from a private party, especially since the car needs $450 in repairs.
  • Options
    normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    If the 20,182 included destination, then you got a good price. I paid 20,300 last week for the same car.

I had no trade or financing, so I know the price was straightforward. No dealer fees, just TTL.

Your trade could make a difference, depending on the value of it.
  • Options
    apollo412apollo412 Member Posts: 5
    Yes I got them to drop the destination fee, so it included it or they dropped it, depends how you want to look at it.

It was a dealership in Milwaukee WI.
  • Options
    bigsky17bigsky17 Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday I purchased an 06 Accord EX-L sedan, 4 cyl. automatic for 22,100 plus TTL. This included mud guards, pin stripes, wheel locks and door edge protectors. I thought this was a fair deal. What do you think?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sounds great to me, bigsky!
  • Options
    Not bad. That's in the same range as the quotes I've been getting, although I'm not sure that any of them includes the mud guards, pin strips, wheel locks and edge protectors. I've heard those things are included in the so-called Honda "Appearance Package" for which dealers try to charge another $500. You can get most of those things (except for the pin stripes) online (www.hondaacuraworld.com) for under $200, so it's not worth the extra money to buy them from the dealer if you can avoid doing so.
  • Options
    cohenfivecohenfive Member Posts: 85
    i had multiple quotes in the sf bay area below $22k, the lowest being $21,481 from winter honda. i would just do a search in the area and contact them all, you will get a bunch at similar prices as i did. then you can see if you can do even better, but my guess is this is about it. the car's very much worth that amount of money, i just wish we didn't have to buy another to replace the one that was damaged. good luck to you. i made sure all my prices included all dealer or factory imposed fees (desination, etc).
  • Options
    nickpannickpan Member Posts: 4
    Guys,
    Please share your buying experiences, purchase price, or buying tips for Accord 2006 VP in Houston-TX area. I'm ready to buy one this Memorial Day weekend. Thanks
  • Options
    I've started requesting OTD (out the door) pricing to avoid the extra tack-on fees...
  • Options
    marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    I'm getting a quote of $22,550, (incl. all fees), on a EX-L 4cyl. AT. I think that sounds pretty good, because I told them up front I want to do a lease, and I don't believe the $750 marketing support is available for a lease. I just can't get them to tell me the terms on a lease offer, the guy I'm emailing keeps saying I need to come in and talk to Finance, not too crazy about that idea. I'd rather have everything worked out before I go to the dealership. I calculated the payment at $283, assuming I pay the acquisition fee and security deposit up front, with .00169 mf and 56% residual on 3 yr/15k, I guess I can walk if they come up with something different. Does $22,550 sound good for a price on a lease deal?
  • Options
    I'm running into the same issue. The Internet managers will give you some numbers, but not all of them. When you try to negotiate over e-mail, they'll play the "you need to come in" card. Unfortunately, after the first couple of e-mail rounds, you don't have much leverage anymore. You have to put up or shut up. That's fine with me, in that I'll go to a dealership, but will walk if we don't have a deal in 30 minutes. My time is valuable. Their car is a commodity.
  • Options
    tom_latom_la Member Posts: 1
    Started shopping via internet Friday May 19 for an Accord.

First out of the gate was Miller (Culver City) at 24.4, then Hollywood at 24.0, and Norm Reeves Cerritos at 23.8. I was about to seal the deal at Cerritos when Miller came back at 23.6. All prices reflected no accessories nor options on the car.

Picked out a black Accord at Miller with mud flaps and wheel locks. Settled on 23,850 with all included.

Honda Hollywood and Cerritos came back to match the 23.6, and Cerritos offered a "scratcher" that allowed for an additional reduction of between $100 and $500. But Miller is very close to my house, and Cerritos is 30+ miles away.

Perfectly satisfied with Miller and everyone associated with dealership.

Don't pay more that 23.6 for an Accord 4 door EX V6 (Leather) without Navigation system and no accessories in metro LA.
  • Options
    Yes, the last thing I want to do is go sit in a dealership while they try to play around with the numbers and jerk me around. I've got another dealer down to $22,450 (incl. all fees like doc fees, but not fees associated with the lease like acquisition fee), but won't give me the lease payment info. I guess I'll go by there tomorrow and give them 30 minutes to match the lease payment in my calculations. The only dealer that gave me all the lease terms had the highest price, and hasn't responded yet to my "but can you beat this quote I got from this other dealer" email.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Here in San Antonio the best quote I received was $16,931.00 for the VP model with a drive out price of $18,239.18.
  • Options
    carmaniacarmania Member Posts: 3
    I had a wonderful experience buying my new accord VP. I bought it for a good price and with free accessories.

It took me about 2 weeks to find this deal. I contacted all internet managers online and by phone to get their best quote. Most of them were reluctant to give me one... they just said "we'll match your price by $200". I thought I had got a good deal for invoice - $750 from Delon Honda, Salem. I got similar quotes from other dealers but said their car could have accessories (this seems to be the most common trick the dealers use) on it.

I later got a call from the internet manager at Kendall Honda. He gave me the best price in 5 minutes and explained the whole deal. It was simple... a credit card number and he'd get the vehicle for me in two days.
    I gave him my credit card number and he called me back in a day to tell me that the car was ready for pick up.

The buying experience was great. The internet manager (older and very polite) picked me up from the bus stn , and gave me the deal without any hassle or any pressure. They put in extra accessories FREE of cost (we had no agreement on this). I'm going to send this guy a thank you card soon.

From my research I found that the dealers try to increase their profits by
    1. adding in accessories,
    2. financing the car
    3. adding in some kind of documentation fee etc.

The best way to overcome those would be to ask for out the door quote for the specific model with NO accessorie. Have your own financing. I, usually tell them that I'm not going to buy any accessories. (Some dealerships who do not have the car you are asking for usually quote a lower price and make up for it with accessories). So make sure that they have the car and that it has no accessories on it. You can always buy any accessories you want online for a much cheaper price.

Well... if you have any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to answer them.
  • Options
    dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    I just received a quote today for a 4Dr V-6 w/Navi & 6SPD. The quote was invoice price on the car (26,914), plus TTL. However, when I asked about the 750 available cash, they said they won't go any lower...that $750 is profit for them to keep and not available to customers. Should I be expecting better than invoice for this car? The quote was from a dealer around Tallahassee, FL.
  • Options
    eln001eln001 Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone know of the most competitive Honda dealers in the Chicagoland area?
  • Options
    fedexguy3fedexguy3 Member Posts: 3
    Drove thru local Honda lot tonight. They have 3 Accord EX leather V6 with 7000 miles on them for sale. Sign on windshield says $5000 off.
    I am assuming these were demos or mgrs vehicles.I am going to contact my salesman in AM to obtain info on these. Looking for advice on what would be considered a fair price to offer for one of them.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Time to look for another dealer.
  • Options
    aguptaagupta Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am getting a quote of $24000 for a V6 EX 6 speed manual coupe in the dallas area. Could some one tell me if its a good deal to hang on.
    thanks
  • Options
    docladocla Member Posts: 15
    Does any one know if the honda rebate program is going to be extended after May 31? Would i still be able to get an Accord 2006 EX-L for 22500$?? The salesman says all the discount will end as of May 31.
  • Options
    I just leased an EX-L 4cyl, AT, at Bob Howard Honda, Oklahoma City. The sale price was $22,450, which included $49 doc. fees, +ttl. I think I did okay, it was my first lease, and the monthly payment came out to within $2 of what I had calculated, although I don't know how they got there. The price would have been lower on an outright purchase, b/c the $750 marketing support is not available on a lease, but the lease terms were pretty good, mf of .00169, they waived the security deposit, so all I had to pay up front was the first month's payment of $308 (3yr, 15K lease) + ttl. I also had a trade-in, and they gave me within $300 of the KBB "good" trade-in value, which I thought was pretty good. It was a 2000 Lexus RX300 with 93k. Carmax appraised it at only $10,000, and Bob Howard gave me $11,300. I loved working with the internet sales guy at Bob Howard, he was very low pressure, started out with a price of $22,550, I used my great negotiating skills to get him down to $22,450 (incl the doc fees) ;) all through email, then I had to go to the dealership to get my tradein appraised and work out the lease terms. I think I did okay on the lease, since the payment came out okay, the numbers are all strange because I was getting cash back on my tradein, whatever, I'm happy. Love the car, and glad I'll be getting some decent gas mileage! :D
  • Options
    larouselarouse Member Posts: 28
    Undecided between an Acura TL (Pre owned) and the Accord V6 with NAV. Just drove both, and noticed very little if any difference in the ride. Liked very much Accord's handling and smooth shifting. Have always had Hondas, but this time wanted to go up a little notch. The Honda dealer in SC gave us a price of $27700 out the door. The TL is a certified 05 with 8000 miles, and the price given was $30500 out the door. One thing we are considering is that the TL requires premium gas. But, of course, it has other amenities like memory seats and a great sound system. Were almost decided for the Acura until we decided to test drive the Accord. Now we are in a jam. Told the dealers we will think it over the weekend. Are these reasonable offers? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    accordian6accordian6 Member Posts: 8
    Just got price of $25,600 + doc. fee of $200. I have to add TTL, but that is the same anywhere, as it goes to the state. This is in the Boston area. It took a couple of e-mails, then a walk-out at the dealer. Got a call back a few hours later. From all my research, both here and with an internet search at several local dealers, I don't think I can do much better. What do y'all think?