Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    Hey loki,
    Congrats on your new car!!
    What city/state are you in and which dealer did you buy from?
    Thanks,
    GB
  • Options
    yashayasha Member Posts: 5
    What city? Is it auto or manual transm?
  • Options
    Is it Auto or Manual transm? What city?
  • Options
    I am looking at this 06 Accord LX 4 cyl, auto in Houston and it is Made in Mexico? Has Honda start making Accords in Mexico? Are they good? I heard VW Jettas that are assembled in Mexico are unreliable and bad overal quality of interior assembly, materials etc.

Appreciate any input on the Mexican Accord.
  • Options
    loki87loki87 Member Posts: 8
    Oh yeah, I knew I forgot something! I bought the car from College Park Honda in College Park, Maryland and I live in Gaithersburg, MD. Sales tax is 5% in MD, btw.
  • Options
    jay_gatsbyjay_gatsby Member Posts: 45
    I basically bought the same car, except with the Ivory leather interior and automatic transmission. Paid $22,789 OTD (I provided the base price in an earlier message). Seems like you paid $250 less for the manual transmission. Not a bad deal at all.
  • Options
    phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    You should be able to get it much cheaper. Invoice is 22591 and there is a 750 factory to dealer rebate I would guess that 21,500 would be realistic or even lower is possible if you make them fight for your business. I haven't followed this forum for a while but you have 11,600 post to get an idea what is realistic. Granted not all are for your car, location or even year but the last 300 should give you an idea whats realistic and if you can save 1000+ $ the read is worth it.
  • Options
    jhuwangjhuwang Member Posts: 2
    Auto. I bought at Ohio.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I am aware of the Darrell Waltrip cars with the hail damage. This was at Crest Honda and there was no hail damage. If you had purchased a Honda previously, they sent you a letter regarding the sale. I understand they moved a lot of cars that day.
  • Options
    rneesrnees Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new 2006 accord. Only minutes after closing the deal, the service manager showed up and agressively attempted to sell me a package that included near $700 for exterior and interior "treatment". I assumed that the exterior paint from the factory is excellent and did not need anything new. As for the cloth interior, why not just spray with scotch guard. I am anxious to know whether or not these options are necessary.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    no, absolutely not necessary or even worth the money.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    raider4466raider4466 Member Posts: 11
    In South Florida, being offered $20,776.50 for the car (already includes rebate)Plus Tax, Title, Tag. Total OTD Price of $22,198. Is this a good deal? Please let me know your thoughts.
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Which dealership? I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale area and have been dealing with Pompano Honda & Rick Case Honda on a new Civic. But might consider an Accord if the price is right.

The Sandman :)
  • Options
    bmanflyerbmanflyer Member Posts: 5
    New update

Because I filed a complaint with the BBB Crown has called me and Band me from bringing my car in for any service work.

Just one more example of poor service and why no one should deal with Crown :P
  • Options
    sed6sed6 Member Posts: 5
    Update on my shopping experience. My current best offer is $20,254 out the door for a Graphite '06 Accord LX SE Auto. This includes the accessories I requested: decklid spoiler, trunk tray, splash guards and tint.

I started with 9 internet quote requests, got 8 responses, counter offered most of those and have 8 within $500 of my best offer, 3 within $150.

I've now asked my 4 best offerers to give me a price for my trade in, a '97 Accord LX Auto with 105k miles. I should have responses by Fri afternoon. I plan then to make the deal with the best dealer and allow them to check my finance options and compare that with the financing I have lined up through a local bank. I should mention that I obtained my best lending rate by asking my bank, a local bank, a local CU, and Lending Tree.

Any thoughts or comments on my process? Anything I'm missing or tips?
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Absolutely the biggest waste of money. Just a coat of wax that would cost about $10. I talked to a dealer recently searching for an accord for a friend of mine. He gave me the appearance package speech as an ad-on. No thanks! I have better things to do with my money.
  • Options
    jxbst15jxbst15 Member Posts: 21
    Got this offer from a dealer in Boston on a 06 black EX-L manual with black leather interior.

Sale Price $20,600 (excluding destination/tax/tags/fees but including dealer add on accessories of wheel locks, pin striping, and moonroof protector)

The catch is the car has 150 miles on it. I didn't know how many miles it had until I got to the dealer, and the car itself had a rough appearance (someone left fast food wrappers inside (no idea how that happened), couple scratches, very dirty inside and out).

I told them 130 miles is new, but not dealer new, and offered $20,100 and they said they'd lose money at that price.

Was I being unreasonable in asking them to lower the price, or does they car have a measurable depreciation with that many miles on it?
  • Options
    normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    I bought this same car in NYC for $20,300, pluse TTL, in early May.
  • Options
    No, you weren't being unreasonable at all. I bought my EX-L AT for $21k & change, and I believe the AT is worth about $800. Doing the math, the $20,600 price you were quoted (including the accessories you received) is a pretty good price. Your counter-offer of $20,100 isn't unreasonable either, as the dealership did a bait and switch. The dealership is offering you a loaner/salesman model with both damage and dirt. I'd venture to say that your offer is even a little HIGH for the vehicle the dealership offered you. Based on your description of its condition, the vehicle is a USED car -- regardless of how many miles are on it.

Tell the dealership to keep the car, and if the dealership is serious about offering you a car at $20,600, it better darn well be a NEW car, with less than 10 miles on the odometer, and factory condition.
  • Options
    jurrasicjurrasic Member Posts: 6
    Just made a deal on a Graphite Pearl EX coupe AT 4 cyl in VA, Bill Page Honda.

Total: $22, 568 OTD (including accessory).
    Tax here is something like 3.1%.

I don't think I did well though. I'm going to sign the lease on Saturday and see whether that process will change my opinion. I'll talk more about my buying experience later.
  • Options
    williamjoewilliamjoe Member Posts: 1
    I can't get a great deal in New Mexico for new Accord VP Auto? How about others? How much die you guys pay for it?
  • Options
    firespirit7firespirit7 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for $23,000 (all fees included) + 7% tax, coming to roughly around $24,610 for an 06 Accord Sedan 4 cyl EX-L with navigation system. Is this a good price or do I need to negotiate more? This is in the Atlanta, GA area.
  • Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Just purchased a 2006 Honda Accord SE 4 with automatic for $18,300 plus tax, license, CA Tire Fee $8.75, and $45 doc fee.

Got the car with the wheel locks, mud guards, 1 year free roadside assistance, and 1 gas voucher (car already had a full-tank). I already have the roadside coverage through my insurance - so that's no biggie.

Overall, I do like the changes they made for the 2006 when comparing to my 2004 Accord LX auto sedan. I think the car is very quiet and very smooth. I could not tell much difference in quietness between an equivalent 2007 Camry LE. I can't blast the Camry - but the price for the same exact vehicle would have been over $2,000 more.
  • Options
    Today I pulled the trigger and purchased a Graphite '06 Accord LX SE Auto. My price was $20,801 out the door plus TTL (about $800 in OK). This included the accessories I requested: decklid spoiler, trunk tray, splash guards and tint. He's getting it from another dealer and I can pick it up mid-week.

I payed a slightly higher price than my best offer at another dealer, as this dealer gave me a generous $3500 for my trade. I also landed a better interest rate through Honda Motors than my previous best lending offer.

I gotta say, I really feel like I nailed this one! From my research here on Edmunds, to playing internet managers against one another for the best price, to getting a grand over what I expected on trade in to a great interest rate.

Don't burst my bubble with any coulda, woulda, shoulda comments ;) I just wanted to share my experiences with anyone interested. This is my very first new car purchase, my 3rd in a row Accord, and my 6th ever car. I'm psyched!
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    If you got what you want, it doesn't matter what others say. Congrats!
  • Options
    espec30espec30 Member Posts: 4
    This is in the Southern California area.

$21,180.00 - Sale Price
    $550 - Destination Charge
    $45.00 - Doc Fee
    $8.75 - Tire Fee
    $28.00 - Electronic Filing Fee
    $205.00 - License Fees
    $1687.56 - Sales Tax (7.75%)
    $23,704.31 OTD

I think its a decent offer from reading what everyone else got, but probably not the best offer. But in my area the offers are all close to this. Should I take it? Negotiate more? Im going to finance it too, so after I finalize negotiating the car I still have to find out what interest rate ill be getting.

BTW, what is the interest rate for "super-preferred" excellent rating in Southern Cal through Honda Finance? Does anyone know the range they give you per tier? I just want to know what to expect. Thanks!
  • Options
    rickwjennrickwjenn Member Posts: 40
    Been shopping Accords in the last few weeks. I routinely getting quotes ranging from %500 to $1000 under invoice. Apparently there are LOTS of cars here and the Honda dealer incentives are getting passed in some part to buyers.

Here are a couple of examples of car + destination charge:

EX-L Sedan $21,450 to 21,141
    EX V6 Auto Sedan - $23,427
    EX V6 6M w/Navi - $25,224

Plenty of Dealers quoted $500 or so off MSRP but at least three's immediate internet quotes were at or below invoice.

Just thought I would share this - it is a great time to be an Accord buyer at least in this part of the Country. There are 20+ dealers within 100miles of where I live in San Diego.
  • Options
    Thanks. I just got my best price quote in Orange County, CA for a 06 Accord Coupe EX-L Auto 4Cyl for $21,200 including destination charges. Im going to pick it up today.
  • Options
    rickwjennrickwjenn Member Posts: 40
    That is a great price - nice deal! Enjoy the car - what color did you get?
  • Options
    cliozclioz Member Posts: 1
    "Just purchased a 2006 Honda Accord SE 4 with automatic for $18,300 plus tax, license, CA Tire Fee $8.75, and $45 doc fee."

Where did you buy this car from? IT IS REALLY A GOOD DEAL. Is it LX or EX? Thx
  • Options
    cheapersbettercheapersbetter Member Posts: 8
    That is a good price! Didn't you look at the Sonata also? Think I saw some of your posts over there. We are thinking the same because I want to get a camry LE but hard to get in the bay area at the price I want. Anyway, mind sharing the dealer location?
    Don't need the saleman info just the dealer thanks!
  • Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Hello,

I looked at everything from the new Camry to the Sonata to the Avalon (and I posted at those threads). We could have gotten a really good deal on the Sonata V-6, but I did not want a V-6 because fo gas prices. The Camry Les were $19,200 with just mats and the Avalons appeared to have issues.

Clioz Z/Cheapersbetter - I ended up getting a 2006 Accord LX - SE 4 automatic. This is the LX with the Added Alluminum Wheels, c/d changer, audio controls, etc. The pricing figure included destination. Best of luck. I think in July they'll increase the incentives even more.

I got it from Serramonte Honda (Colma, CA). Ask for the fleet manager. If you need anything else, I may be email you the person's name?
  • Options
    mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Deals are staying really good.

I swear, if VA DOT had given the clean fuel desigation to the Accord Hybrid, I'd go get one, I really one. Unfortunately, they didn't and I now if I want to be riding solo in the HOV line I'm going to have to get a Camry.
  • Options
    I got the black, with the standard black leather interior. I was sick of white, the silver looked bland, and the other colors didn't really appeal to me. I was in and out of the dealership in about an hour. I don't know about everyone else, but that was record time for me. They threw in mud guards and wheel locks for free too, and I guess floor mats are standard now.
  • Options
    laurieclauriec Member Posts: 7
    JSBXT15,
    I signed a contract yesterday at a Boston Honda dealer after 2 weeks of internet price quotes and numerous follow-up calls from several area dealers. I got the 2006 Accord Sedan (4 cyl)EX L with Navigation in Graphite Pearl. After much negotiation over almost one week with them, I got the car for $22,950! Plus, during that week, I got them to add $1,000 extra on what they originally quoted me on my trade!
    I added GUIDEPOINT, similiar to LOJACK but newer GPS technology for $850. My car will be in one day this week from Honda, supposedly with less than 25 miles on it. I will be bummed if I get there and there is 150 miles on it, which is what happened to you!
    During my research, I was told my two other Honda dealers that there is no possible way I would get this car for that price, that when I got there they wouldn't honor it, bait & switch, etc. Not true, I got exactly what I wanted for the price we agreed on, no pressure to buy. I would highly recommend Honda Village in Newton, MA. I could email the salespersons name if you needed it. Good Luck with your new car!
  • Options
    That $140.00 difference is probably the Honda Marketing dollars that vary from dealer to dealer by region. I questioned this, and was told you refer to Honda.com for the explanation. I do so and it is clearly stated on the website. Good Luck!
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Yes, floor mats are standard. You can buy an upgrade if you like.
  • Options
    74357435 Member Posts: 40
    i want to buy a honda accord 4dr ex-l 2.4l in the denver area

the best quote i have received with a lot of work has been 23,005.92 which is the invoice. msrp 25,500.
    they did agree to put on a 12" clear mask at no chg.

has anyone obtained a better quote in colorado?
  • Options
    That's a great deal on an EX-L with navigation! The navigation system alone goes for an extra $2k or so, which would mean you could have picked up an EX-L without the navigation for under $21k...and I thought I'd gotten the lowest price on an EX-L this forum had ever seen... :P
  • Options
    kevingeekevingee Member Posts: 10
    lauriec,
    Please let us know how everything goes at the dealer after you pick up the car. I am thinking about buying a Honda Accord EX-L and since I live in the area, I will definitely consider that dealership. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    kishoreykishorey Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy an Accord SE or EX. Any info on priced paid and recommended dealers will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    There are tons of good examples, even in just the last 10 pages. Do a little reading and you'll find just what you need. Here's a start: $500 under invoice?
  • Options
    cheapersbettercheapersbetter Member Posts: 8
    Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I saw your posts over in Sonata forum and we test drove the GLS V6 also, pretty darn nice car and good power, but like you we were concerned about the gas mileage of the V6 so we passed (price is very good much less than the Camry or Accord) For the Camry we really want to buy one but those darn dealers, I must have spent at least 10 hours of my time trying to haggle and the best price I got was at Walnut Creek toyota at 19200 for the LE 4 cyl auto. Plus with the recent camry woes thread on the tranny I have to skip it.
    Now that only leaves the Accord SE (good features for the price) and have been trying real hard since I read your post to get a deal like yours but no luck so far. Im in the south bay so wanted to try here first but looks like I will be sending an email to Colma honda and see what they say (more than likely have to take a drive up and haggle with em) but if I can get simliar price to yours then it will be worth it, thanks!

BTW I see LA times add had Camry LE auto for 18395 at toyota hollywood much better price than the dealers up here.
  • Options
    rliu818rliu818 Member Posts: 19
    I just got a graphite Coupe EX-L 4cylinder.

The only added option was a dealer installed tint, which was marked at a ridiculous 400 bucks.

I paid OTD $23,600 ($21,558.93 before tax and fees).

This is in Southern California with 8.25% tax.
  • Options
    I should be picking up the car either Thursday or Friday. I cannot wait! So far, my experience with this dealership has been pleasant, and no pressure at all. I live about an hour from them and it was definately worth the trip. Make sure you do your homework on what you want, and how much you are willing to pay. I started out much, much, lower than this and "comprimized" with them at that price. They will lowball your trade if you have one, just stick to your guns. I negotiated the car price first, via the internet and email, then drove up there with my trade. Ultimately, as I said in my last post, they gave me $1,000 more on the trade than their "final" offer. Good Luck! Let me know if you want me to email you my sales (girl)name!
  • Options
    cm77cm77 Member Posts: 12
    I just received a quote for the Coupe EX w/o leather for $19,950 out the door and with leather out the door for $22,500?

Should I try to get a lower price? Can they go much lower?

Thanks
  • Options
    rliu818rliu818 Member Posts: 19
    That is over 1 grand lower than my OTD price. Very good deal! So good that my deal looks very bad.

Are you also in CA w/ 8.25% tax?
  • Options
    mpg4mpg4 Member Posts: 4
    Can you please forward the name of the sales person you were dealing with? I'm also looking in the Boston area. Thank you.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    We don't allow the exchange of salesperson information here on Edmunds.com forums...

Please don't offer this information or ask for it.. Not singling anyone out, but many of our new posters are not aware of all the rules..

But, it is printed in red at the bottom of every page...

Also, please refer to the Rules of the Road on the left-hand side of the page..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    I have two dealer quotes for the same car for $ 21, 340.

Rock Honda
    Honda World Westminister.

But, your price is not bad, though.