Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cm77cm77 Member Posts: 12
    I would drive to the dealership today to make that deal for the Accord, but I dont think that I would get the right trade in money for my current car.

I am in the suburbs of DC in Virginia. Not sure on the tax percentage, I'm relatively new here.
  • Options
    jay_gatsbyjay_gatsby Member Posts: 45
    Tax in Virginia is either 3% or 3.2%
  • Options
    laurieclauriec Member Posts: 7
    Sorry. It won't happen again :blush:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Thanks!! :D

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    newcarnewcar Member Posts: 8
    Any suggested dealers in the NY,NJ,CT area...looking to buy an accord coupe EXL or LX with auto trans. Thanks
  • Options
    tasaytasay Member Posts: 36
    Honda Mckinney of texas haggle me and I didn't like it at all. They first said they going to match a quote I got from other dealer but when I got to the dealer they gave me a quote for Accord SE manual 19700. I got a quote from another dealer thru fleet manager for 18200 with tint. Mckinney got all accessories on the charge. They finally came to agree to give me the car for 18200 but the car has 426 miles on it. I walked away because I would not think that the car is new with that mileage. I said I want another car they would not do it. I am willing to give 18300 for another car with less mileage but they didn't. They said they lose money when they agree to sell for me 18200. What do U guys think? this is in Dallas fort worth area texas.
  • Options
    mikesidmikesid Member Posts: 29
    I think you did the right thing. You dont know what people have done to that car with that much mileage on it. stop and go traffic, reving the engine, slamming it in drive or reverse, etc. The last three cars i have gotten have all had less than 10 miles on it. You as the customer have the right to tell them you dont want that much mileage on a car, whether or not they are losing money. If they want to sell you the car they will. And they will always tell you they arent making money. but in fact they are. I just got my 2006 accord ex-l v6 w/navi and xm radio for $24,000. original sticker price was $32,000. They told me they were only making $85 on the deal but i know good and well they made more than that.
  • Options
    You are right...they showed me the papers and said that is what they paid. I said nobody in the business to lose money unless their products are not good at all. Last week I came in and they said 19700 I walked right out and he called me back to offer me 18650 I didn't want it so they finally came to 18200. This is my first time buying a brand new car and I didn't appreciated much with all the haggle. I know they have another car on the lot but would not give me another car so their lost. I'll go to another dealer and call up a fleet manager. Kent Honda in fort worth is nice...he said right of the bat 18200 with tint included. No hassle at all.
  • Options
    jbs5jbs5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to buy an EX-V6, Leather, w/o Nav in MD and have been offered an "on the road" price of $25,000 (which includes all charges, tax, tags, etc.) plus a $1000 gas card. Is this too good to be true?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I just got my 2006 accord ex-l v6 w/navi and xm radio for $24,000. original sticker price was $32,000. They told me they were only making $85 on the deal but i know good and well they made more than that.

How was the sticker price over $30,000? It should've been $29,300 + $550 for destination.
  • Options
    jurrasicjurrasic Member Posts: 6
    After I've done my negotiation with the financial advisor of the dealership, I decided that I don't like this dealer.

The final OTD price of my Honda Accord EX coupe w/o leather was $22,568 (3.1% tax). That price is quite high compared to the market price. However I was in a rush to get a car so I compromised. I would suggest no one to surrender above the invoice for this model in this market.

The test-driving was good, pressure-free. However, the sale person (and later one of the tech person) mis-informed me that the stereo is mp3-compatible. I probably should have done my homework better, but it's no excuse for them to have the wrong product knowledge.

I came back two days later to talk about the price. That's when the haggling gets really frustrating.

The sales person first offered the sticker price (almost $24K). She said the car was hard to locate and she got the only one nailed. She also talked about the processing fee is unchangable, theMaryland has higher tax rate, etc. After some back and forth, about 5 offers, we agreed at the price above. This took nearly 2 hours of negotiation.

I intended to lease and was assured that I could get a fair lease. The sales person ask me to fill some forms about my financial status. She said nothing about whether students could lease. My second big mistake was that I signed the promissory note and gave her $1K deposit before we talk about the lease details. It was quite late so I wanted to talk about lease the other day.

I came back the day after to negotiate the lease. The financial advisor first offered $389/month for 24 months, with $2k downpayment. After some back and forth, he came back and tell me a student, without income, could not either lease or loan. And even if I have income, the lease would be around $500/month because Honda does not provide incentive for this model. BTW, my credit score is about 720.

I have no problem with the fact that students could not loan or lease (although i am surprised, as I thought students are one of the groups that frequently loans), but i have problem with the fact that the sales person failed to warn me in advance, after I filled out the financial status form.

(I signed the promissory note and gave the deposit on the condition that I could get a lease, so I may be able to sue for fraud and rescind the contract, although it will be hard to prove the oral representation)

Anyways, I end up buying the car with cash. I wouldn't say Bill Page Honda is a complete deceiver, or that one cannot get a fair deal from them; but they definitely will assess and work you til your last cent.

This is the first car that I bought all by myself (no help of others) and learned my lessons hard. It's a shame that when I drive home such a nice machine, I felt more being exploited than being satisfied.
  • Options
    kykidkykid Member Posts: 1
    I hunting for Accord prices in the Kentucky area. After searching for only a couple of weeks, I am very frustrated. The dealers act as if they have a hold on the market, and have even indicated, "see the sticker", that's the price. This is the hottest car on the road. Any ideas where to go?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Depends on where in KY you are... Six Honda dealers in the Greater Cincinnati area... just for starters...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    royalbluebirdroyalbluebird Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I have been internet shopping for the 06 Accord EX-L 4cyl AT with Navigation for almost a week in the Hampton Roads Area of Virginia (Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Richmond area). Best deal I have received is 23,800 +TTL/dealer add-ons for OTD price of 25,311. This includes wheel locks (which I don't want) and mudguards which were already added onto the vehicle at the other dealership they are getting the accord from. Subtracting a 3% hold back, $750 market support, and adding the $550 destination it looks like the real dealer cost is 23308 before add-ons.
    1) Can I get (or should I ask the dealer) the wheel locks removed?
    2) Processing fee of $399 seems high...is this ever negotiable? I have had dealers tell me no way.
    3) Is this a good deal or should I ask continue to ask for a better price?
  • Options
    studvillestudville Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for the exact same thing as above (EX-L with Navi) (Post #11696) I'm interestead in hearing some OTD prices. MSRP on this is $26,950. What kind of price can expect to drop this thing to?
  • Options
    aillonaillon Member Posts: 10
    Anyone have any luck with a value package edition in rhode island or CT. It seems alot of the lots only have a few cars left. Invoice is around 17,600 i have not had anything near that. Thanks for the help
  • Options
    cogscilibrariacogscilibraria Member Posts: 3
    Great deal from Balise Honda in West Springfield, Mass. EX-L manual transmission, no navigation system, no other extras. Looked at the car last week & loved it. Redondo beach red — not my first choice, but on second thought, it's very pretty.

Asked for $21,000 but settled for $21,537 (21,500 was my price; they said they wouldn't make a profit unless they added the extra $37. I didn't want to haggle over such a small amount, so I agreed). TTL was $264 (their fee was $165 for something + $5 for something else, and then license & registration & inspection). Tax = 5% in Mass.

Got a decent financing rate and a relatively good value for my 2001 Camry.
    Minimal haggling over add-ons and the trade-in price, and they agreed NOT to put their logo on the back of my car. The actual purchase process took almost 2 hours, which was annoying, but minor.

Overall, it was a VERY pleasant experience. This forum was VERY helpful in my negotiation — I felt confident asking for my price, so thanks to those of you who posted before me.
  • Options
    actuary67actuary67 Member Posts: 16
    I'll answer your questions in order --

1) I would think that they can remove these easily... but, check how much they are charging you. The wheel locks are a $35 item through places like hondaacuraworld.com (plus 4 bucks shipping) -- if they're charging you 100 bucks, then tell them to take a hike.

2) Use the dealer's own tactics to beat them on this point. Say "OK< then just reduce the selling price of the car by $399 (or whatever amount you can get taken off the price)." I have done this the last 3 times I've bought a car, and it works like a charm. All they care about is the total $ in their pockets at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if it comes from the price of the car, or from the "processing fee".

3) I'd say it's a good deal - although not the best I've seen on this board (that was around 23,500 or so). I don't know what the market is like down in VA, but it was pretty tight when we bought our '06 EX-L 4cyl AT w/Navi about a month ago...I paid about $24,100 here in CT, which tends to be higher priced than NYC area and Boston, since there isn't as much competition. I believe the 23,500 price mentioned above was in the Boston area. So, your 23,800 price is right in between.

The mud guards are a 65 dollar item, and are easy to install (30 minutes, tops, with a phillips head screwdriver)...check how much they added on for those, too.

One thing to remember is that the Navi units are relatively hard to find vs. non-Navi units...so, keep that in mind when deciding whether to take their deal (imho, I think it's a pretty good deal). I know that you will LOVE this vehicle (we do!) !
  • Options
    please see my reply to post #11,696 .... p.s. the prices I quoted were when Honda was running the 750 marketing incentive (are they still running it) ? Of course, remember to add on the destination charge of 550 to the MSRP.

p.p.s. our vehicle is a partial-zero emissions vehicle, and I think that adds 100 bucks or so to the price.

imho, you should be able to get it down to the 23,500 to 23,900 range pretty easily... the final price will also depend on the market you're in (i.e. competitive ones like Boston or NYC vs. CT and others)...
  • Options
    I would check out the dealers in the Boston area.... I have found Boston to be a better market than CT for availability and price.
  • Options
    I'm glad that you had a pleasant experience with Balise... we had a very good experience with them way back in 2000 when we bought our 2000 Accord SE -- great price and no pressure. This time around, however, was different experience. They weren't very flexible on the price with an 06 Accord 4 cyl AT w/Navi, even when presented wih Edmunds and other internet info, including the 750 marketing incentive. They basically wanted to keep all of the incentive, and then some, so we said no thanks. We ended up buying from Liberty Honda in Hartford, CT -- they blew away Balise on the price, and no presure sales, no even from the F&I department... anyway, sounds like we both ended up with a great deal. I know you will LOVE the Accord !
  • Options
    mh111mh111 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    I'm looking to buy an LX SE and I want to find out if the cash-to-dealer incentive on the Accord Sedan will continue into July, or if people think prices will go lower in July.
    THANKS!!!
  • Options
    pathosrisingpathosrising Member Posts: 42
    Seriously.. I want the Accord VP, and yet very few dealerships have them. So it becomes a question of: do I want to pay more to get the VP from a dealer who has it, but won't give me a rock bottom price? Do I wait til the 2007s come out, even though it will require me to buy a temp car now, and definitely pay higher than invoice for the 2007? Or do I try and bump up to the 2006 LX SE presuming a better deal since they're more plentiful than the VP, hoping for the deal of the century that pulls the price down to 18 OTD?

And if I buy a temp car to wait til the 2007s come out in full force and are everywhere (say Dec).. lordy, what kind of car to get and how much to spend?

Buying a car is hard!!!
  • Options
    newcar22newcar22 Member Posts: 3
    Want to purchase a Honda Accord, EXL, 4 door, automatic, V6, with no navi.

Lowest quote I've received is $23718+taxes,lic., fees (=$25978 out the door).

Is this a good deal?

Anyone else seeing better quotes?
  • Options
    mugenmugen Member Posts: 5
    Just helped a friend a '06 Accord LX automatic. MSRP was $21,375 including destination. Invoice was $19,299, also including destination. He paid $17,700 plus $100 processing plus 3% VA tax, plus $48 registration. Financed with no-money down for 60 months through Honda at 5.8%.
  • Options
    The $750 marketing incentive is effective 6/1/06 through 7/5/2006 per Edmunds Incentives and Rebates on the 06 Accord. Many of the dealerships in this area did not want to touch this dealer cash incentive, but obviously did in their quotes to me. Good luck.
  • Options
    karenukarenu Member Posts: 1
    I had several quotes for the se, and was told by a dealership they would match the best. It turned out that I had to buy the protection pkg.which was a dealer installed accessory, added to the invoice price. Did I do too badly? Priced at $18873 + $499 for pkg. including destination, but not taxes or license. Thanks
  • Options
    kishoreykishorey Member Posts: 3
    I just bought Accord EX-L without navigation at Herb Chambers in Boston. The price (incl. destination) was $21800 (excluding MA tax and $297 in various fees). They knocked off $400 from a rival's internet quote. The tradein value on my old car was not great, but overall I consider this a good deal. This is my second purchase from this place, recommend the salesperson and dealer.
  • Options
    rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    I have a '98 Accord EX-L, 4-Cyl, Auto. It has 127,000 miles on it and all service up to date (belts, pumps, never wrecked). The only obvious wear is the paint near the rear of the roof has some oxidation. It is in real good shape (one reason I am hesitant to trade). After the best price on a new EX-L (I am targeting $21,750 + TTT), do you think I can get $4,500 for trade-in? I promise you it will show up on their used car lot listing for $7,995 (they won't get that).

Thoughts??
  • Options
    henryje00henryje00 Member Posts: 2
    Can you let me know what dealership you used? Thanks!
  • Options
    ssusnick1ssusnick1 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone help? I have been asking for internet quotes from dealers in NW Ohio/SE Michigan (Toledo/Detroit)areas. After a day, I have an offer of 21,300 (including destination) plus reasonable doc. and tag and title fees. This seems like a worthwhile deal, though I would be happy to have confirmation (or not!) from Board posters.

Should I buy at this price?
  • Options
    brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    ssusnick, that's $1,000 UNDER invoice; so if those fees really are reasonable <$100 then you've got a great opportunity staring you in the face. You better buy it now or I'll come and get it!!
    BTW, anyone know which dealership(s) in the Great Northwest has deals like that??
    PS. What color is this?
    PPS. Let us know how you like it.
  • Options
    I've been talking to a few dealers online and I threw out a lowball price on purpose ($22,500). He replied that invoice was $24,803.19 and that there was no way to get a car below unless it was hail damaged (fixed I assume).

Should I assume that the price is not going to go under invoice price for the most part?? I did read some posts here of people getting their cars under invoice... are they just lucky?

PS I'm here in Kansas City
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    No. You need to tell the dealer you know about the market incentives and that some buyers are getting them for hundreds under invoice. May need to contact other dealers on the web especially if you don't have to deal with a trade-in. Someone in California said they were getting offers over a thousand under invoice.
  • Options
    arunmozhiarunmozhi Member Posts: 2
    Just bought Accord VP Auto.

Price incl dest: $16410
    Dealer & Doc fee: 499+21
    Protection pkg: $289
    Tax: 6%

O/D = 18250

Like the VP - Best value for money - less expansive than Civic !!!

use carsdirect to get the deal.

-A
  • Options
    julebiejulebie Member Posts: 1
    After a few weeks of emails with just about all the Honda dealers in the Willamette Valley, last week I purchased a VP 5-speed at Kendall Honda in Eugene, Oregon. The price of the vehicle was invoice + dest. less incentive ($16,963-$750 = $16,213). As for paperwork, DMV is $168 and Kendall's doc fee is $50 = $218. So the total was $16,431. It was a low-key, hassle-free buying experience. The internet manager at Kendall is a very friendly, nice guy. When it comes time to buy again, they're going to be at the top of my list. :D

I was quoted the exact same price for the same car from Dick Hannah Honda in Vancouver, WA (across from Portland). They actually had one in stock (Kendall didn't), but Hannah only had my second color choice. Kendall traded for the color I wanted from a dealership about an hour away from them without charging a driver fee. When I picked it up, the car included Honda mud guards and generic floor mats--nice touches. Just one other dealer in the area came within $110 of the Kendall/Hannah price. No one else was really competitive, including the big Ptld. dealers.
  • Options
    Brupop, thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

The documentation, title fee and temporary tag costs total $115. Sorry, I cannot help you with dealers in the NW (except the NW of Ohio!) but, believe me, even with good Honda deals, I'd rather be in the NW (of the US).

As I want a gray interior, my choices are limited; the one I prefer is Alabaster Silver Metallic, which (they say) they can get.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    Anyone pricing a an Accord-coupe-sedan EX 6 speed in the Memphis area? If not how low are they going on other models of the Accord in Memphis or that area? Thanks.
  • Options
    magbarnmagbarn Member Posts: 35
    Salesman is giving you the run-around. Honda is GIVING dealers $750 to sell that Accord. With holdbacks and such you should be able to get the car at least $750 under invoice. I bought 2 accords in the last few months 1. Sedan EX 4 cyl 5sp & 2. Coupe EX-L navi 5AT. Both were bought more than $1000 under invoice. Look up carsdirect and then talk directly to their internet sales dept and bargain from there. Avoid the salesman.
  • Options
    arvarv Member Posts: 2
    Anyone had experience buying 4Cyl EX-L + Navi in Nashville area?
    Also, should i to wait for 2007's?
    Thank you
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Also, should i to wait for 2007's?

The 2007 will be minimally changed, if changed at all.
  • Options
    dragonsdragons Member Posts: 2
    Get the quote from a Fort Worth dealer for V6 EX-L 5sp AT for 24686 before TTL. OTD price will be around 26480. Is this a good deal in DFW area?
  • Options
    I don't think it would be a good deal. Try call Fleet Manager from Frank Kent Honda in Fort worth....when call just ask for fleet manager. They should give you a great deal. I called couple times over there and he always seems to give good price. Price should reflex 1000 below invoice or lower. Let me know.
  • Options
    I have a signed agreement for an EX-L sedan in Alabaster Silver Metallic with gray interior at $21,189+$100 doc. +$15.50 tags and title +6.75% sales tax. There are no other charges.

The internet folks at Brown Honda in Toledo were direct and very pleasant to deal with; I take delivery in two days or so, and I expect there'll be no snags. Thanks to all Board posters.
  • Options
    jlkeyerjlkeyer Member Posts: 1
    Spoke with or exchanged e-mail w/ 8 ATL area dealers. Most were quoting About $23500+Tax,Title,& License. Much dramatic posturing w/ dealers quotes. E-mail inquiry to Hennessey Honda Woodstock yielded best offer, walkout price for Cobb Co(6%)is $24917 incl TTL, for Graphite Pearl, on June 9. Their first e-mail quote was best offer by far. They did not respond to any further bargaining at the dealership. Process was no haggle and professional. Worth an inquiry if in the market.
  • Options
    I'd also say minimal changes in the 2007 model, however, I do think that they may add Bluetooth as a standard or option.
  • Options
    jxbst15jxbst15 Member Posts: 21
    Finally found a Silver EX-L 5sp MT sedan at the price I'm looking for.

Price for the car, including destination $20,500. Price OTD including accessories, TTL (mud guards, pin striping, wheel locks, some stupid paint protection) - $22,450.

I purchased the car in MD since I had a trip down to DC for 2 weeks for work and drove it home.
  • Options
    laurieclauriec Member Posts: 7
    I took delivery of my 2006 Accord EX-L 4 cyl/AT with Navigation (Graphite Pearl) from Honda Village in Newton, MA. After two weeks of email and telephone (they are an hour away) negotiations, I agreed to $22,950., which 2 other local Honda dealers told me that once I got down there to sign the contract, they would not honor this price! Well, no problems. I got down there, signed the paperwork, and picked up my shiny new Accord with 19 miles on it last Friday! I absolutely love it!! Even the loan officer at my Credit Union couldn't believe the deal I got when she looked up the VIN on NADA and saw the value!
    Good Luck with yours! :)
  • Options
    darballman1darballman1 Member Posts: 55
    True....Here in Southern California, almost ALL dealers are offering that car over a thousand under invoice. My best quote so far has been 1500 UNDER invoice.
  • Options
    Lauriec - awesome price! I'd like to hire you for a few hours to help me negotiate with the dealers!

I have called the local and regional dealers and emailed them many times over the last week and a half. So far the lowest I can get anyone in my Hampton Roads area is 23600 (but only on an in stock car, and they have none in stock!). The next lowest is 23800 and the other dealers are all about 24400. Of course I am being told by the dealers at 24400, that there is no way to go lower and that they are not making any money on the car, and that the dealers who are selling at 23800 and less are "selling at a loss". I have told them I want to pay 23300 but I have not been able to get any of them to even get near this price. I have shown them my quotes via edmunds, ran the numbers with them and even tried to validate my price by using the 3% hold back and $750 dealer marketing incentive and this has only been met with explanations about how this money is really not theirs yet (till the end of the quarter), that they need this money to pay the lights, etc, etc...lots of bs...

Any additional advice? Thanks in advance!