Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    stevewavestevewave Member Posts: 7
    I was originally going to buy an EX-L 4 Cyl, but ended up with a V6, automatic without navigation. I purchased it in Lincoln Nebraska for $24,300. This price includes all fees, splash guards, paint sealant, etc. The V6 is a much nicer vehicle, you get the nicer wheels, outside temp gauge...etc. Anyone else looked at this same vehicle? What are the prices you are seeing?

Thanks!
    Steve
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Contact Holmes Honda in Shreveport. It looks like less than 250 miles one way from downtown Houston. They were indicating some very nice prices in their e-mails to me and ebay auctions.

Dennis
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Just for clarification, the EX-L also has the outside temp guage.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Not sure whether this helps, but Gunn Honda in San Antonio had the EXL with Nav for an out the door price of $25,180. Have heard that Accords arriving to dealerships in Jan that Honda has raised the invoice price and reduced the holdback from 3% to 2% resulting in an increase in price of roughly 1%, cars that were on the lot previously not affected.
  • Options
    suavesirsuavesir Member Posts: 7
    I bought same for about $24.7k at beginning of month with essentially no negotiation. Via email to internet sales, I asked for the $750 allowance from dealer invoice and agreed to dealer processing fee in order to get a reasonable deal done asap. Based on ease of transaction for both sides, I figured there was probably a little more room there if willing to work at it - I didn't have the time to test that. You seemed to prove that there was some. Good job. It seems to be a very nice car.
  • Options
    fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    There are some really amazing deals being had right now on Accords. No wonder GM is losing market share so rapidly. Now just asking people's opinions here...do you think that the price on these 07s Accords will continue to go down as we get closer to the release of 08s...or will the price stay pretty stagnant?
  • Options
    chud2001chud2001 Member Posts: 36
    definitely down.
    more on V6.
    :shades:
  • Options
    dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    What do you mean by "more on V6"? You think the price of 6cyl will decline faster than the 4? Why?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I agree with chud on that one... gas prices will undoubtedly go up by spring break (March/April), and make the big climb towards $3 by summer. That, plus the fact that there is likely more wiggle room on the more expensive V6 models than the I4s.
  • Options
    stevewavestevewave Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for the clarification, that was my error. The EX-l 4 Cyl also has the outside temp gauge. I do not believe that the V6 will decline in price faster than the 4 Cyl. The V6 has more options and nicer equipment, but does get a little worse gas mileage...I probably could have gotten the dealer down to $24k even, but didnt feel like negotiating/researching any further.
  • Options
    benfwbenfw Member Posts: 4
    Gillman Honda, Beltway 8 and Hwy 59. E-mail me if you want info on salesman and details.
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Would guess the deals on the '07s will be very favourable by summer as the '08s start to come out.

While I can wait for the '08 (which looks great) not quite sure I'd want to get a "new" model with all its generally inherent new model problems.
  • Options
    msolomsolo Member Posts: 4
    Recently I talked to a former supv. of mine and he thought he got a good deal for his son on the '07 Honda Accord SE. Price paid $18,700 plus 6% financing. However, I've seen prices on this board for as low as $18,500, but they were in CA and MA. I think he could've gotten a better deal.

Please share what price you paid and if you got a better deal than him. Also, what kind of financing?
  • Options
    $750 under invoice is a pretty sweet purchase price. It could get better, but by how much? Not a lot, I would not think. What is likely to happen is that the dealers who will not deal now will be stuck with a lot more cars and will have to make deals THEN. If you work with a dealer now who will make you a good deal, then you should take it. Those same dealers may make better deals later, but they will likely be out of cars to sell. When my daughter was looking at Civics and Accords last year, some dealers were offering us good dealers on left over 06 Accords. The deep discount dealers had none to sell, but would do close to the same price on an 07. In the case of the 08, most dealers will probably not be dealing at first - but the good dealer will not have any 07s to sell you either.

The current lease deals are nice, but you can't combine the dealer incentive with them. You could do this in the past to lease under invoice for a below market rate. So if I were in the market to lease an Accord, I might wait and see if they sweeten the lease deals and/or allow any incentive to be used with the lease deals.

Hondas are very well made and reliable cars, but the first year of any of their designs has more problems than the second year which has more than the third year. We are not talking BMW or Mopar like failure numbers, but more than later builds will be. So if you want an 08, get one really late in the year (for a discount) or wait for the 09.

I am a cheapskate, and would much rather have a bargain than the cheap, passing, thrill of being the first one on the block with a new model :D

Dennis
  • Options
    saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    Did $18,700 include $595 destination? If so, he got an *excellent* deal. If not, he probably could have done a couple hundred better, but it's nothing to go crazy over.
  • Options
    msolomsolo Member Posts: 4
    I believe it did not include the destination fee. Still, a couple hundred is a couple hundred.

What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? And what % did you pay for financing?
  • Options
    it probably didnt. i paid $18,200 (this is for an 07 SE I4 AT for those just joining us), plus the $595 dest and $180 doc fee.

This was the absolute best I could find after calling numerous dealers. At this point, with the deal that dealers are getting until Feb 5 (tmw, actually), I'd consider anything lower than $18,500 to be an excellent deal, $18.5-$18.9 acceptable, and would't deal with $19K or higher. These are the prices I was encountering in NJ.

I had separate financing; I didn't go thru Honda.

Congrats on the new car, best of luck with it in the future!
  • Options
    carresearchcarresearch Member Posts: 9
    All,

I have a question and am looking for some advice....

I have been looking at a used Hyundia with 36kmiles (04) for ~10,500 for a 18 and 19 year old, but have been tempted to a 3 year lease on an Accord for $240 a month including tax, etc. with $1,100 down. This deal ends tomorrow where the .00093 rate is good. I am new to leases and am looking for some advice for 1) does it make sense to lease the Accord for three years then let one of the kids "buy out" the lease at the end and take a loan bc they will be done with college, or does it make more sense to just buy the 10,500 Hyundia that still has a 26k mile factory warranty on it. The miles should be pretty close on either side for the new car 36k warrant and or 26k warranty as I do not expect alot of miles on either vehicle.

I guess my logic is (if it is sound) that we would pay the ~8500 over the three years (putting 8k into an account and either drawing or not drawing off of it) and then knowing that the car will be a "known" entity when the ~11k will be the purchase cost after three years....

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,595
    Either way, the Accord will cost twice as much as the Hyundai..

That doesn't mean the Accord isn't a good value, but that low lease payment is sort of obscuring the main issue.

Do you want to buy a used car for $10,500, or a new car for $20K?

If my kids were taking it to college, and wouldn't drive a lot... I'd pick the used car. That way, when college is over, they have a used car... that is paid for. If they then wish to buy a more expensive car, they can trade the Hyundai in on it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    You're not referring to the 07 Camry now are you? ;)
  • Options
    cajuncountrycajuncountry Member Posts: 12
    I am in the market for a accord and am having trouble figuring out the major differences in the se and the ex versions. I am looking at a I4 for the fuel economy.
  • Options
    • Power moonroof with tilt feature
    • Security system
    • Heated power side mirrors
    • Chrome exhaust finisher
    • Ambient Console Lighting
    • Premium interior accents (Aluminum Look or Faux Wood)

These are what the EX adds to the SE, as well as a power height adjuster for the driver's seat.

For info on all the trim levels, go to The Accord Trim Levels Description by clicking here.
  • Options
    Some clarification:

The SE side mirrors are body colored, but not heated as they are on the EX.

All Accords come with AC and air filtration, including the SE.

Also, the EX has illuminated power window switches the SE does not. Also "ambient console lighting" and driver's seat lumbar adjustment on the EX.

If you can live without the moonroof, the SE is a better buy - but I do like having a moonroof :D

Dennis
  • Options
    Sorry, that copy and paste was done on the fly. It is always better to go to the website and check it out on your own, to double check what you learn here. I'll edit and fix it.

I agree with you, it is best to go with the SE unless you want a moonroof (which I did).
  • Options
    cajuncountrycajuncountry Member Posts: 12
    wife says she would like the moonroof but does not want to spend alot for that added benefit. I think the SE would work just fine. Does anybody know what the incentive will be after today?
  • Options
    dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    Looks like the incentives are gone. They do have a few lease specials - only on the SE.

Bummer for me - now I gotta wait again. I wish there was a Honda dealer closer than 180 miles.
  • Options
    The SE power window buttons are illuminated. The non-driver buttons black out when you press the window-lock button.

As others have said, the SE is a better buy if you dont need a moonroof. But if you can afford it, you'll recoup a part of the $1700 you lay out for the upgrade, so take that into consideration. (but then you might also need to take into consideration the interest you could make on that $1700 over the same time period ;) )
  • Options
    Wow, where do you live that the closest dealership is 180 miles away??
  • Options
    All of the lease deals are still available, not just the SE.

The incentive money may or may not be there, we have to wait until someone from a dealership or someone else in the "know" tells us or posts it. It is not unusual for Edmunds incentive page to not show the correct incentives for days or weeks after the month starts - once they know then they post. My guess is there are now or will be some incentives. It is that time or year - when they have had them the last couple of years - and these are the last few months to move Accords before the re-do 08 Accords come out.

Dennis
  • Options
    ralph9ralph9 Member Posts: 88
    I'm wondering when how often drivers use their moonroofs and under what conditions. I'm trying to decide if it is a worthwhile option. Are they prone to mechanical problems? Take care. Ralph
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I've had moonroofs for years. My '95 Accord has one as well as my 06. I've never had any kind of problem, mechanical or otherwise.

When the weather warms up, I hardly ever have it closed. We had a week of sunny weather recently and I had it open several times. I like it open even if I have the heat on.

We don't get the screaming hot weather in western Washington so I don't use air conditioning much. It kills me to have to close the roof when I do though. :shades:
  • Options
    I'm wondering when how often drivers use their moonroofs and under what conditions. I'm trying to decide if it is a worthwhile option. Are they prone to mechanical problems? Take care. Ralph

Ralph,

We had a 1993 Accord EX (with moonroof), and it never leaked a drop, and never gave us any trouble, even after 7 years and 110,000 miles my family put on it.

I currently have a 2006 EX, and use the moonroof just about daily, unless it is raining. Here are some examples of when I use it:

- Currently, its January, which lately has had highs in the upper 40s here. Once I've gotten the cabin warmed up from being frigid, I usually leave the heat dial left to warm, pop the vent of the roof, and leave the fan speed off with the ventilation control on fresh air. This allows heat to come out of the vents (warming some chilly toes and fingers) without the cabin getting stuffy. When that is too cool, I turn the fan on a low speed, but leave the roof popped-open, to keep from getting too stuffy inside.

-March through October: I use the roof most of the time I'm in the car, if the temp is below 90. It keeps fresh air coming in without blowing the hairdo out of place! :) Some days when its nice and warm, it is great having all of the windows down AND the roof open, allowing lots of sunshine and wind in the cabin. To me, its a good compromise between a convertible and a sedan.

-Best of all are summer nights in the south. 68 degrees outside and a moon shining in the Alabama sky - it just can't be beat!

If any of this appeals to you, the moonroof certainly will be enjoyed. If you aren't a "windows-down" kind of guy though, it may not be worth the $ to you.
  • Options
    usmcwifeyusmcwifey Member Posts: 6
    I have a quote for a 2007 Accord EX-L Manual transmission OTD for 22965 which includes taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    mjvskmjvsk Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone purchased a 2007 Accord EX - Auto Trans recently in Upstate NY? Does anyone know what a typical price for this model is?
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Hi. i am looking for an accord se or ex in nj, could u tell me what dealer did u buy it from, and specific break down so they don't get me, what city etc please thanks
  • Options
    asshutoshasshutosh Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I leave in North NJ, around parsippany. I am looking for Honda Accord Ex without Leather Seat option. Someone can help me out how much I should get this car off the road.After paying Tax, Registration and other fees.

Thank you.
  • Options
    "Wow, where do you live that the closest dealership is 180 miles away??"

Right in the middle of South Dakota. 180 miles isn't that bad - I currently have an Acura, and the nearest dealer is nearly 400 miles away. We don't have one in the whole state.

I can handle it though, since the nearest traffic jam is just as far away.
  • Options
    Wow, you are actually in the middle of nowhere, it sounds. Some days, i think it would be wonderful to be in a place like that. That is, until I need dealer service.

What are the speed limits in central South Dakota? Are they 80 MPH there as in some parts of Texas? The highest I've ever seen has been 70 MPH!
  • Options
    Speed limit is 75 mph for the interstates and 65 mph for rural two lane roads. To top it off you can get your drivers license at 14, no helmet laws for motorcycles, no property tax on cars, no emissions tests, or safety inspections required on cars. kinda hands off government.

The distance makes it tough to bargain, since the nearby dealer knows you gotta drive a real long way to get to a big city like Minneapolis (420 miles) for the really good deals.
  • Options
    Well I live in Montgomery, AL and I haven't bought the car yet and also it is the EX-L so I don't know how much the EX is going for. I'm waiting to see what the lowest I can get for the car. Right now I have an offer for 22965 including all fees and taxes, and another offer for 22326 including all fees and taxes but I'm waiting on the first dealership to counter offer if they will and a third dealership contacted me via email and I told them of my lower offer so they are supposed to be getting back with me to let me know if they are going to beat my current lower offer.
  • Options
    I have a quote for a 2007 Accord EX-L Manual transmission OTD for 22965 which includes taxes. Is this a good deal?

Could be, but how would we know what your taxes and fees are? You negotiate not on an OTD price but on the cost of the with car including destination and dealer fees. The taxes, tags, and title should be the same at any dealer for you (and the rest of us can figure that for ourselves).

Are you talking sedan or coupe, I4 or V6?

The I4 sedan EX-L manual has an invoice of $22,568 so unless you have really low taxes getting $22,965 would be a nice deal.

Well under invoice ($750?) with dealer fee would be a good price for the car, plus whatever YOUR local taxes are.

It looks like you are about 3 hours (one way) from Hennessey in Woodstock, GA. I would give their "internet sales department" a shout and get a price from them. They have a really high dealer fee, but the net of car + dest + fee = a really low price, in almost every case.

Dennis
  • Options
    The car is a sedan - the 4 cylinder.

Well here's the breakdown of the 22965 offer. 21807 for the car including destination and to get the car in the color I want and with the manual transmission they did a dealer trade. Dealer Fee 347 (Documentation fees) Temporary tag and the title fee ($15), Lemon Law $3.00; total $22,172 for the car. Taxes @ 3.58% = 793.76 so total with taxes and fees $22,965.76. And this car comes in the color I want which is Moroccan Red Pearl, from a dealership is GA. A dealership in Mobile is offering to beat this price but they only have one car available which is the Silver car with Black leather. Their price is $21,555 which includes all of their fees. His first quote was 23 something (including taxes and fees, don't know the exact amount because I left the paperwork at home) but after I told him I had a lower price he lowered the price of the car. So the new offer is $21555 which includes all fees. He gave me a $750 discount and told me holdback was 727 and gave me half of that. And after taxes (771.67) are included the price goes up to $22,326.67
  • Options
    So $22.154 for the color you want - car,dest,dealer fee? That is under invoice by a good bit. If that is the color you want, then it would be worth the extra to me to get it.

The other deal is much sweeter, but if you don't want silver with black leather then pay a bit more and get what you want. We know either one will last a LONG time - and it will seem even longer if you didn't buy the one you want :D

I like silver cars, my wife likes them too, but the Accord silver is a little to "pewter" for our tastes. She ended up with the sand beige with lighter interior - she likes it, which is all that matters. I love black leather interiors, they are not as bad (hot) as folks think - for sure if you park not facing the sun or get a sun shade (Covercraft has some custom fit ones that are REAL nice). The black does not show wear and some dirt as bad and the black "plastic" stuff can look richer than the lighter version.

Sounds like you don't need any pricing help, just have to decide if you are willing to pay more for the right color :D

Dennis
  • Options
    I was only looking at the silver car because I thought it was going to take much longer to get the dealer trade to come in because the salesman didn't want to give me an exact date (he just estimated between 5 - 10 days) because he didn't want to tell me a date and then not have the car come in at that time but we just spoke and it will be in GA today around 5:00 so I would rather have my Moroccan Red Pearl than the silver although it is a good price. I feel your wife on the lighter interior because I would have preferred the Blond leather but it only comes in the gray leather but I can live with that. So we're going to get the color I want and I put down a deposit when they told me that they could locate the car for me so I don't have to worry about it being sold.
  • Options
    I guess it goes without saying (but I will anyway) than I4 sedans in the EX-L trim with a MANUAL transmission are not going to be easy to find in any case. So good for you finding one and getting a nice price on it.

As much as I like shifting things for myself I have to admit the Honda 5 speed autos are really, really nice and the new autos get about the same mileage as the manuals so for a non-sports car the auto should suit most folks. I guess you just had to have a manual :D ? I have only ever owned 2 autos in my life - my 2nd car (a Vega that I got for $300-400) and a Scion xB I just got as a snow day/spare care. My old truck, S2000, and RX-8 and everything else after the Vega have all been stick.

Dennis
  • Options
    Yes, I just had to have my 5-speed. I love manual transmissions. They're more fun to drive to me. And I have a Nissan Altima that is an automatic and I said my next car would be manual. When I learned to drive my mom's car was a 5-speed so that's what I learned to drive on and have loved them ever since but this will be the first one I have owned. I'm very happy that the dealership was able to get the car I wanted in the color I wanted because a lot of the dealerships were saying it's very rare for the request I had. Many people like the automatics. I will be picking my car up on Saturday. I would have liked to have it earlier and they would've had someone drive it here but I'm like no; if anyone is going to put the miles on it it'll be me and it's in LaGrange GA which is approximately an hour and a half from here. I would take off but my husband and I are expecting baby number 2 in July so I'm trying to save my leave for my maternity leave and also we have a 7 year old in school so Sat. will be fine.
  • Options
    And as far as the automatic goes; I know it would have been so much easier to just get the automatic because the dealership here in Montgomery had a dozen to choose from and I could be driving my new Honda right now if I had chose to get an automatic.

But I talked with Mike Patton dealership in LaGrange, GA on Thursday and they will take delivery on my vehicle today. So the few extra days is worth the wait if I can get exactly what I want.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. It helps me to know that you haven't had any problems with the moonroof and that you enjoy using the unit in Washington. Take care. Ralph
  • Options
    Thanks for your detailed reply. It helps to know that the moonroofs on the Accords seem to be very reliable. My child-bride of 43 years and I aren't really the sportscar kind of people, but it sounds as if there would still be many occasions (not winter) in Colorado to get some of that ventilation. Now if I could only figure out a way to add some oxygen to the mix. Take care. Ralph
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    You live in SD? So do I....if you want a good deal on a Honda go to Vern Eide Honda in Sioux Falls. I was quoted $750 under invoice on any in stock car. All you have to do is mention you are shopping around. Go through the ineternet guys...tell them you know about the marketing support that is going on right now on the accords. Let them know that you have received quotes of $1K below invoice from places like Superior Honda of Omaha, or even Condon Honda of Sioux City. You will be amazed at how fast they will give you a great price. I obtained prices on three models of accords, the SE-V6, the EX-L V6 and finally the EX-L 4 Cyl. All three price quotes were at least $750 below invoice.....as far as their inventory....they have plenty of EX-L 4cyl and EX-L V6's. The SE V-6's, they only had two but still gave me a great price. I called as far away as Chicago and Vern Eide was real close to those big city dealers and the best part is that I don't have to travel 500 miles to get a great deal. In the end, Chicago dealers only beat Vern Eide's prices by $200. So, you don't have to go to the twin cities to get a great deal....you choice of course....happy car shopping!