Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Yes.. but, our friend already said she doesn't like the Accord... so, comparisons really don't matter..

Unless you are suggesting that picking a car is a totally rational exercise? ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• babycutecutebabycutecute Member Posts: 17
    I don't know about NY, but I got a quote for LX for around 18K in MD + destination + tax etc.
    That's a great price for an EX!

I was quoted for the 07 Accord VP Auto for around 16450 to 16600 + destination + tax fee etc.

Wondering if I can do better than that? Or is that a good price?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Ah, I'm sorry, I missed that post (I'll do my homework next time).

I must say, I feel that I'm more rational than most, so I'm biased towards practicality, efficiency, and value.
  • dingjuncndingjuncn Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I am first-time Honda buyer. I get the impression from this website that:

A very good price = invoice price - $1000

Dose this sound right?

If so, this "very good price" should include everything (e.g. destination charge, doc fee, et.c.) except tax, title and liscense?

On the right side of the equation, should "invoice price" include destination charge? Edmunds provides both of them. For example, for the car I am interested in: 2007 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A). Invoice (without destination charge) is $19,493, and after adding it in, the invoice is $20,088. So which invoice price should I use? Thanks!
  • saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    invoice - $1000 is a good price. for instance, 19493-1000 - $18493 (plus destination) or 19,088 (incl destination). thats it, not incl doc fee

I was able to get an SE I4 Sedan Auto for $1200-$1300 below invoice, plus a $200 doc fee (i know) and everything else in NJ.
  • slowdive1slowdive1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello.. I'm in the process of buying a 2007 Accord SE (2.4L 5M) The lowest price I've been quoted is $19295 including destination. This would be about $74 below invoice by my calculations. I'm reading that others are getting closer to $1000 below invoice for this same vehicle.

The Edmunds TMV 'what others are paying' price shows $20229 (including destination) for my area (metro Detroit). Can I really expect the dealer to come down much more from their $19295? I see that Honda is currently offering $750 cash to the dealer. Should I use this as leverage to get them to reduce their price?

Also, does it make a difference if the vehicle I'm interested in is not in their stock? It is available from another dealer in the immediate area so they'd have to arrange a trade.

Any thoughts / opinions would be most appreciated!
    Thanks, saleem, for your detailed explanation!
    Hi, today I got a quote from Honda dealer at Brighton, MI for 2007 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A):

$19,053.00 plus documentation fee of $99.00, 6% tax of $1,149.12 and plate fees

It seems to me for a manual SE, your price is a little too expensive.
  • bobstbobst Member Posts: 1,776
    Babycute, I don't follow the prices of Accords these days, so I don't know if your price is good or not.

I suggest you ask others what they are paying for the car you want and determine exactly how much you are willing to pay.

Then go to a dealer and make an offer. If they accept, but the car.

If they don't accept your offer, then leave. Increae your offer by $100 and try some where else.
  • slowdive1slowdive1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dingjuncn, this is helpful information!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I think what you called invoice, is really MSRP or the sticker price.

There is also a dealers invoice cost, and if you pick up the car at the car's invoice cost minus 1000, that would be an excellent deal...and good luck trying to get it!
  • sarconsarcon Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and I wanted to thank all of you for the help. I've never posted before but I've been absorbing info here for awhile and used that to help me get my price. Here is the breakdown:
    Vehicle price - 22007
    Proc. charge - 99
    MD tax - 1105.30
    e-reg and titl. 20
    tire recy. - 4
    MVA fees (tags) 151
    Total OTD - 23386.30 :shades:
    I just wanted to thank everyone again and say, keep posting, this is a great site (unless your a salesman!)
    What was the sticker MSRP price for your vehicle?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sticker price for a 4-cylinder Accord EX-L Automatic is $25,050 + $595 destination.

(Hope you don't mind me responding)

For more prices, go to Honda's Website by clicking here.
    No kiawah, I am talking dealer invoice. I know theyre getting $750 cash from Honda. IDK how they're going lower but I know they are. Sticker/MSRP on the SE I described is (laughable) $21,650 or something.
  • squasheadsquashead Member Posts: 19
    I am in the same boat (car) that is. Efficiency, economy, value and plain sensible. A few more bits of info, we have three small kids, we did the showrooms last night. With two car seats in the back and one sitting in the middle, both models (Accord and TL) back seats are contoured for 2 adults, so they guide the passenger away from the door by these "???" in the seat backs that make the car seat bases (boosters) hard to place squarely against the seat back near the door. What this does is slide the kids toward the middle seat making the middle child cramped and a bit squished. The CRV seat backs dont do this, and that allows much more room for only 1 inch wider space. the seat backs on the CRV are flat. Anyway, salesperson said the TL is wider, but I didnt see much difference. The other tidbits +$12K in price, + $200 insurance, + $600 in gas (annually) at 15000 miles makes it a lot of money for a little more sport. I appreciate the feedback however-
    your "???" are bolsters, I imagine.

Stupid question for other new Accord (4cyl) buyers: your 5-spoke rims: do they line up with each other? That is, if the front rim has a spoke pointed straight vertically, should the rear one have the same orientation? Mine doesn't, not sure if it's wrong or I'm too picky or if it's not possible w/ a LSD or something.
    A rear tire will travel less distance going around a turn than a front tire... No.. your alloy wheels will not remain in the same position... I doubt they were in the same position to start with.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for teh quick response... I figured but doesn't hurt to ask?
    16550, does that include destincation?

Would you mind telling me which state you are in?

Thanks.
    Correct! All questions are welcome.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• squasheadsquashead Member Posts: 19
    Bolsters, I think that was it - tks
    Is this the company?
    http://data.oklahomacity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=5000037

File a complaint to BBB. Seems like a lot of cases are resolved with BBB's help.

Hope it works out for you.
    you could take a rasp to the plastic booster seat and file away until it melds perfectly to the contour of the bolster and seat :shades: but that might be a bit much.
  • mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    yes, this includes destination. I'm in CA. What type of price are you getting? This price is without any negotiation and was the best quote via Internet. I'm sure this is wiggle room in the price.
    Thanks George for the detailed reply. It helps alot. I just got an Internet Quote for the VP at 16500 auto without any face-to-face meeting yet...could be more wiggle room.

How do you like your car? Any comments/issues (I would hope not, :) ).

Thanks again!!
    The quotes I got ranges from 17K (including destination & dealer processing fee) all the way to 18200 + dealer fee. I got quotes from dealers in metro dc area.

I think you got a great price! Would you mind telling me which dealership? I have a friend in CA looking for car too. Thanks!
  • ainslbainslb Member Posts: 11
    That was a great deal. Where and from whom did you buy this car? This is exactly what I am looking for at this time.
    So, I'm curious to know something from the more 'seasoned' buyers out there...

If I'd like to negotiate an excellent price for a car, can I actually repeatedly emphasize that I'd like to finance the car @ the dealer. After purchasing the car at an excellent price that otherwise wouldn't have been possible...w/o taking dealer financing...can I (the next day or so) completely pay off the car in cash, saving on all interest payments.

any thoughts?
  • hectorochoahectorochoa Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm picking up my Accord SE Auto Sedan 4cyl tomorrow. I'm in GA and am paying $18,300. There is a $599 dealer/doc fee which brings my total to $18,900 plus tax/tag. My wife bought one a few weeks ago for the same price....and she was out the door for $20,241.

The dealer did not have the color I wanted but got it no problem within 2 days at no charge to me. In my opinoin, you are paying too much. You can buy an Accord SE manual on carsdirect.com for $18,200.
  • jc278jc278 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at the 2007 Honda Accord LX as my first car purchase. It seems like people have alot of good things to say about the Accord ('07). Can a few of you list some pros and cons and some tiny reviews for me on this car. I have been searching some sites and see a few reviews, but I trust people on this site from what I have seen and heard so far.
    Also, is it worth it to maybe go up to the EX trim, as opposed to the LX. Is the only difference the power seats ans sunroof for the most part?

Thanks
    You have to check the pre-payment terms on the loan. I did exactly that with my 2nd to last car, took a loan because they were offering 1500 off the car if I took a loan with them (the smallest loan amount allowed, to keep the interest low), then paid it off after 90 days (the minimum pre-payment term allowed).
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    This is worth the trouble only is there is a cash bonus involved - like the MAC money on some Mazdas. They will give you $1,000 or more on some models if you finance with them. The rate will be a little high, but you can pay it off (you may have to keep it a few months) or refinance it at a better rate, and you got the discount off the car to "keep". Slow movers like the RX-8 may have $2,000 to $3,000 in bonus money on them - a no brainer to take this money no matter the rate and re-do the loan later.

AFAIK Honda never has these deal, no rebates and no cash back. They DO have low finance offers from time to time at attractive rates.

I think most dealers will only make $50-75 for financing you, the only exception would be a "crooked" dealer that finances a tier 1 applicant and a "no credit" really high rate. They would stand to make more money off of you but this is not a dealer I would choose to deal with.

I would just find a dealer willing to deal and get a good price (around invoice less the current $750 factory to dealer money - or less) and not worry about it. If you do want to finance, get approved from your bank, credit union, or capitalone online. Then you know what your good rate is. When the dealer asks if you are financing, tell them you have a pre-approved loan but are willing to explore the dealer's financing (that is an honest answer). Negotiate the best price on the car and when you sit in the finance office tell them if they can beat your rate for a simple interest, no pre-payment penalty loan you will finance with them. If they can, you save money, if not use your cheaper loan.

Dennis
  • jc278jc278 Member Posts: 4
    Dennis, what are average rates for soemone with good credit (750+), on a 5 year loan for a new Honda Accord. Would I be able to get a rate of about 3-5%, or are we talking more like 6-8%? Any idea? Thanks
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Honda Finance has a prepayment penalty. I think it has to go at least 3 months.
  • bazman2bazman2 Member Posts: 1
    Got the 2007 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan with Navi for $1000 below invoice at Fairfax Honda in Fairfax, VA.

Only catch was I had to pay them $200 for the "appearance package".
    Appearance package included mudguards, floormats and wheel locks.
    Figured this was a decent concession for getting such a good price on the car.

Also had to pay:

Freight - $595
    Processing Fee - $289
    3.2% tax in VA

I have no doubt that the $750 dealer incentive they have going on right now played a large role in my deal.

Just thought I'd share since I found this forum pretty helpful as I was preparing to buy.
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    You'll have more luck clicking on the "Consumer Rating" link at the top of this page. There are also lots of comments, pro and con, in other areas of this board.

As for differences between the EX and LX (and all the other trimlines) the Honda brochure would be quite helpful. Or you can go to Honda's site and download the fact sheet: Honda Fact Sheet. There are a few more things than just those you mentioned.

I have always thought the EX was worth the money (I actually have the EX-L because I wanted the navi) but that's an individual choice.

Good luck!
  • ncruzerncruzer Member Posts: 18
    Can you please clarify OTD price you agreed to 26,053.00 and then added LoJack and premium package which put you at OTD of 26,99*.*

I am looking for exact same car in Bay Area, best quote so far OTD 27,500.00, w/o any extras LoJack or package, after I read your post I told dealer to do better so far they won't budge.

Anyway LA is not that far away so for 26,053.00 I'll go buy there.

Also you think $25,700 OTD is possible ?. :shades:
  • cab13cab13 Member Posts: 1
    This site has been very helpful for me so I thought I would post what I just paid. I'm in IL near Chicago.
    I also had the dealer put in the cargo net.

Vehicle including Dest: $23,500

Thanks.
  • pvellozopvellozo Member Posts: 19
    Very useful forum.
    Today I bought an Accord EX-L V6 for 25495 out the door. In Jonesboro, Arkansas.
  • benfwbenfw Member Posts: 4
    Thanks to all for the information on this forum.

Today I purchased a 2007 Accord EX-L 4cyl auto for $22,500 including destination. The dealer threw in a tint job and pin striping.
  • george201george201 Member Posts: 6
    Regarding the trim level, as someone earlier pointed out (maybe thegraduate? Correct me if I am wrong), you get a lot more car by going up to SE from LX. Looking at the MSRP, SE is $700 more than the LX, but you get alloy wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes and electronic brake distribution.

I got a VP earlier this month because I am on a tight budget. I feel that the $1500 difference from VP to LX is not really worth it, so in my opinion, if you were to consider the LX, you may as well get the SE.
  • george201george201 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I am kind of jealous that you got such a great price for the VP, I would say go for it and seal the deal (hopefully the dealer isn't gonna play games with you when you get there!), congrats!

I like the car a lot, but I would probably gone up to the SE if I had enough money: My 99 Corolla got hit on the side at an intersection by some old lady who ran a stop sign (luckily she was going slow). I was gonna get a Civic LX, only to realize later that the stripped down Accord VP gives me all the things that I want (a lot of airbags, power windows and locks, cruise control and ABS) for not a lot more than the Civic.

I can't even begin to describe how much I love this car, perhaps partly because this is the first new car I have ever driven (my Corolla got 120k miles when I bought it two years ago). By the time I get my next car years down the road, hopefully I will be done with grad school and have a job to pay for a nicer trim of Accord.

George
  • sgf2sgf2 Member Posts: 1
    Would like to know if someone could give me the best place to get a low finance rate for a new 2007 Honda? The dealers here are asking too much (6.5% - 7.0%). We have an excellent credit rating and would like to be able to go to the dealer being pre-approved for financing as their price is good but the financing is killing the deal. Any help would be appreciated.
    A credit union is the first place to start, if you belong to one.. Next, check with your local bank (where you have your checking account).

For reference points, my credit union has 5.3% APR for new car loans up to 60 months, at loans up to 80% of MSRP. The last time I checked with my local bank, the rate was 6.25%.. So, the dealers' rates aren't that far off.

You won't get the dealers' best rate, unless they have something to match or beat... So, get a solid rate offer somewhere else, before going to the dealer.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Based on Edmunds, the $750 incentive will end on Feb 5th. Does that mean I should try to buy the car before Feb 5th if I want to buy it recently? How likely is it Honda will continue to give this incentive?
    I am asking this because people here are saying one major reason that they can get low prices is because of this incentive. Thanks!
  • mitchs5mitchs5 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for a third family car, one my teenager will mostly use. For a 07 Accord Value Pack with AT I was quoted @ MF 0.00096, 57% residual for a 3yr/12k lease, including all Maryland tax (5%) and fees, registration etc at $268/month with only first month payment up front. I believe Acq fee is $495, again all rolled in. I am told cap cost is $18,125 incl dest ( 17530 plus 595 dest). Do you think I can do better?
  • gus12gus12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, new guy here with first post.

I looked at new Accords at the local dealer today. He had dealer add ons totaling nearly $500 such as security etching (not even sure what that is yet), mud guards, and door edge trim. they were $99, $199, and $179, but I don't remember what price went with which add on. Either way it seemed like a major rip off.

Anyone here have an opinion what these should cost. The mud guards would be nice but I don't care about the other 2 features.
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    As kyfdx says, try your bank or credit union. Also check capitalone online . They are offering 5.99% 6.25% 6.59% (30-36mo, 37-60 mo, and 61-72 mo). This is a little higher that the dealer rates you got, but not enough to make a LOT of difference in your payment.

Dennis