Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• azkalhanazkalhan Member Posts: 7
    Just got an email from the dealer I've been talking to -- Honda Finance just announced a financing special on all new Accords. 2.9% for up to 36 months, 3.9% for 37-60 months. Not as good as the 1.9% there was around Christmas time, but better than the lack of specials they've had of late! These rates are in effect from 3/18 - 5/4.
  • ericksimondsericksimonds Member Posts: 7
    I just was quoted from two dealerships in NJ for a Honda EX_L V6 with Nav

Both $26,600... I assume that is not including destination as they always try to throw that in...

I got one dealership to "agree" over the phone to $26,000.

Also, 3.9% financing for 60 mo.

Anyone have any experience with a Accord ccessories?

This site is extremely helpful, especially when I purchased my 2008 MDX. The salesperson at the dealership was amazed when I came in knowing what I wanted to pay for each individual part of the deal.
  • czufamczufam Member Posts: 4
    I am in OH and I have a quote of $23,894.94 for the car mentioned, it includes destination but does not include taxes and fees.

Best I have on the EX-L V6 with NAV right now is $26,327.31, which also includes destination but not the fees and taxes.
    ($28,295.31 OTD)
    I have a quote for the EX-L w. NAV of $26,327.39 and with all fees the OTD price is $28,464.30.
    Auto dealer is in the Dayton area
  • TeslafiedTeslafied Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I just returned from visiting my closest Honda dealer (in Moreno Valley, CA) and the 2.9% & 3.9% financing offers were stated to me. Something new to me with respect to the Accord, and it makes sense as today is the first day obviously based on your post. I'm still wanting to offer (and did) $22500 OTD for a 2009 EX sedan, 4cyl-automatic, no additional options. They weren't biting and counter-offered $23060 so I just left. I visited two other dealers in the Inland Empire near me over the weekend and did the same cash OTD offer, but no bite (with similar counter offers). It's still early in my process but if anyone else is in the Inland Empire has any advice on this, it would be appreciated. I'm wondering if I need to re-do my figures...
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    oneder1,
    Looks like you got a good deal. Hope you got the color you wanted. I am going to just give them a drive out price that i want thru email. I am not going to bother with worry about document fees, license fee, etc. I just want the bottom line with tax already included already. I want my drive out price to be no more than 500 bucks above the invoice price. I probably won't even drive in unless i get some reasonable offer though i know they don't have to guarantee that price and could do a switch and bait thing. BTW, did you do your financing through them or did you get your financing somewhere else and before you came to the dealer? I have been told by friends that sometimes you might be able to get the final OTD price, but they will not give you 0.0 % financing, thus making money off of you. Thanks for the reply.
  • fener1907fener1907 Member Posts: 4
    WITH 3500$ DOWN PAYMENT TAX TITLE AND FIRST MONTH PAYMENT INCLUDE, 36 MONTH LEASE FOR 300$ PER MONTH, 15K PER YEAR DRIVING ALLOWANCE
    IS IT GOOD DEAL?, I LEASE IT FROM OHIO LINDSAY HONDA EAST
    :confuse:
  • jhinscjhinsc Member Posts: 399
    Wow, that's a lot of time spent and gas driving around trying to save $560 or less, if you were willing to drive off. How much is your time worth?
  • ibuyhondaonlyibuyhondaonly Member Posts: 13
    you are very right
    as someone mentioned,you will only find out whats the real bottom line when you r ready to buy. otherwise,u will either get smoke(not a strait answer) or low ball(a super low number that a dealer gives u to shop against others).do not trust email quotes,thats just a fishing gaming,goal is to bring you into the dealership.
    the best way is to find a honest flat rate sales person who doesn't get paid by gross %.and go from there.

$23,300 sounds like a really good deal,even a little bit too good to be true.but not much. because personally i think you can get it. but below $23000 for 09 EXL is very crazy. because you are not talking how much lesser money they are going to make any more,you are talking how much money they need to lose to sell you the car. so if other dealers say they will beat it by 500,that makes it is at $22,800.i dont think it will happen.

the real bottom line between dealers r very minor,maybe 200-300.cause they all paid american honda the same.(i have a buddy who works for honda in dc area. and one in dallas.tx,they all said they paid american honda at same price)check out whats the dealer offer afterwards as well.car shopping is not a one time job for you to find out whoever sells the cheapest,because u do need to do car services. image something goes wrong right after you just get out of the factory warranty but the dealer takes care you and u save a couple thousand dollars from the fact,wouldnt you buy from them even they were $200 higher than the other one at the beginning of the car's price???
  • consumerwiseconsumerwise Member Posts: 26
    They make more money on financing - do not mention CASH out the door! After I negotiated a price for our 2006 Matrix - and left my husband to deal with it - they tried to get him to finance it - he didn't bite - but they did run a credit check and charged him another $100 after I left! I was steamed but the best response is a no-repeat customer base.
  • hk52005hk52005 Member Posts: 23
    Got this online quote from a dealer. Has anyone done better?

$29,225.00 MSRP

Quote: $25,400

Considering that dealers are getting $1,000 now from the manufacturer, is this a good deal?
  • ericksimondsericksimonds Member Posts: 7
    Just got back from the dealer....

$26630 + destination of 670= $27300

Dealer is throwing in an installed deck lid spoiler, pin striping, and door edge guards for free.

Anyone know how much pin striping costs?

It looks like I'm getting at least 250+ install on the spoiler, and edge guards 50+ install for free....
  • chintan32chintan32 Member Posts: 113
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a larger vehicle but had considered a smaller vehicle when gas prices were high. Or if you're holding off on buying a small car because of the downturn in the economy. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, March 19, 2009.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
    in dallas,you can buy it at $25,000+ttl with protection pack
  • davemanfldavemanfl Member Posts: 1
    how exactly do you get the coupon. I have owned many Honda and can get into the ownwer link but i still cant fine where i can get the coupon.
  • lanclanc Member Posts: 10
    ibuyhondaonly, is this car with Nav. or not? which dealer in dallas can you get this number?
  • oneder1oneder1 Member Posts: 6
    I did get the Polished Metal which was the color I wanted. Giving them a drive out maybe a bit under what you are aiming for helped me. After the first quote I requested with all the fees listed out, I started only dealing in OTD numbers.

I was a bit worried about switch and bait since we had to drive so far. But we just waited until there was another reason to go to Houston to make the hour drive. Luckily, in our case, there was no switching. The car (same color, same trim) I wanted was the one I got. There was no number talking. I just handed over the e-mail.

I didn't finance through Southwest. I already had my financing through my credit union at a rate no one was able to beat, even though they did ask a couple of times. I was also getting gap insurance from my credit union, and they offer a warranty package when the manufacturer's warranty expires. So, I did not give the dealer another opportunity to make money off the deal.
  • hk52005hk52005 Member Posts: 23
    Sorry I mistyped the quote. It is actually $25,048 and it includes destination fee.
  • mauriecmauriec Member Posts: 1
    I was $28,437 OTD - That's with Nav, Wheel Locks, Door Edge guards, Wheel Well Guards, Mud Flaps, and LoJack installed. The buy sheet listed the car at $27,091, the rest was tax, tags, processing fee, etc.This is a new car with 105 miles. I'm in the DC area.
  • sarav01sarav01 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Ericksimonds,

I am looking for a 2009 EX-L V6 w/Navi in Central NJ area. I would very much appreciate if you can let me know the dealership from which you received the above quote.

By door edge guards, do you mean Door visor?

Sarav
  • nh3246nh3246 Member Posts: 1
    If you look in the 2009 Accord brochure, center page, they show wood trim on doors, but dealer only has it for dash. Do you know how I can find door trim?
  • iwantnewiwantnew Member Posts: 10
    Hello.
    I have an internet quote from Honda.

For EX - MT - 20,575
    EX - AT - 21,298.
    (includes destination price)
    Do you think this price is good one compared to what you have been offered in your locations.

Also when a dealer quotes Internet pricing, with 6% sales tax, how much roughly would be the OTD/ to take home price.

Also, in february, a dealer near my home offered 2,250 towards purchase of new 09 Odyssey.

Do you feel these prices are good compared to your regions. I appreciate your input.

thanks
  • sflasfla Member Posts: 1
    Hey, i'm currently shopping for an '09 honda ex-l in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - BAY AREA and was wondering what other people got for price quotes and how much they bought theirs for? my best offer right now is $22,800 base, but I want to do $24,000 OTD. is this possible? thanks
  • mass0617mass0617 Member Posts: 4
    Try Boch Honda in Norwood. Very aggressive prices and no hidden mark-ups. You get exactly what you agreed to.
  • rmanirmani Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a new 2009 Accord EX-L, Auto, Sedan, 4 cyclinder, NO Navi yesterday for $24215.90 otd in Central NJ

Everything was discussed on the phone, just went to the dealer to pick it up, completed it all in an hour or so. Very quick service at the dealer

The breakdown was as follows

Price - 21550
    Dest - 670
    Sales Tax = 1555.40
    Doc Fee - 199
    MV Tire tax - 7.50
    MV Charges - 234

Was it a good deal?
  • jayc5627jayc5627 Member Posts: 9
    which dealer did u get it from and what is the name of the sale. thanks
    do you mind sharing with me how did u get it down from 22500 to 21500? thanks
  • TeslafiedTeslafied Member Posts: 4
    I didn't spend alot of time and gas driving around trying to save $560. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but the MoVal dealer is 10 minutes from me and I stopped on the way home from work with an appointment with an Internet sales rep. Prior to that I had driven about 30 minutes to another dealer and offered the same thing. Don't really "need" the new car, but am at the point where I want to see what I can get. I didn't appreciate the guy not trying to work anything out, so I just left.

I received an e-mail from the sales rep last week, asking what he needs to do to get my business, in addition to some other information including an increased price on the vehicle. Standard stuff. I have allowed myself wiggle room and comfort zone, etc. So I told him that I want to finance with them at 2.9% for 36 months (no specific amount at the moment), and that I would like to split the difference that we have now...which is $705. This is also the dealer where I presently service my Civic. Whatever...

Guy called me back with a voicemail msg and said "his mgmt chain" just can't do it. So I called him back and said that I can't buy the car from them right now; I had offered something in the deal and was disappointed that they didn't, knew they were getting the $1K marketing incentive, and I was going back to a couple of other dealers this weekend to explore my options with them.

I'll see what happens in a few days...
    Polished Metal Metallic with black interior leather.

We paid $28357.30 OTD in Ohio :D
  • rlflrlfl Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am in Bay area, too. I will purchase a 2009 accord ex soon. I would very much appreciate if you can share the name of dealership from which you received the best quote. thanks
  • kelly09kelly09 Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Sacramento/Bay area and was wondering if anyone could tell me what they've paid for a 2009 Accord EX-L with navigation. Are you pleased with the navigation system and is it worth the extra money?
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    On Feb 28th, I put down a $1000 deposit on a 09 Accord EX Sdn V-6 W/Nav. This dealer did not have the green color Accord that I wanted, and was told that they would locate one. It's now three weeks later, and I've gotten no response. This past week I went on multiple Honda dealer wed sites in Phila. and Jersey area, and found the car that I want on many of the dealer sites. I contact my sales rep on many occasions, and gave inform him what I had found. As of today, all I've got from the dealer rep was negative results.

I'm trading a fairly new vehicle, and on my contract sheet it states in writing "Pending Final Appraisal." I feel that the dealer is waiting as long as he can, so that when he locates vehicle he will inform me that my trade is now worth less, and will want more money. Car dealers are the lowest of low, and this may be another one of their tricks to get more $$$ from a customer.

Does anyone think three weeks is enough time to locate a vehicle from another dealer? What about my deposit of $1000?
  • postmortempostmortem Member Posts: 15
    Why would you pay upfront for a car in today's economy? You have put yourself in very bad position, since dealer can now increase his price and he still has you.

I don't see how the contract could be written and signed if it does not have trade-in value of your car.

If dealer hasn't cached the check, I'd cancel it with bank and be done with them.
  • rmanirmani Member Posts: 5
    i bought it from DCH Kay Honda in Eatontown NJ. I went to their website which had an instant chat option. Thru the IM, i asked for a quote and they quoted the price. It was the lowest i had got so far and since they had the color i wanted (green), i went for it. I called to confirm that it was the model i wanted and it was. I was apprehensive that they may change something when I went to the dealer, but they had everything ready and it was done very quickly
    Hello. Any opinions please. Thanks
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    PostM: I didn't pay up front for vehicle. I gave dealer a $1000 deposit from my c/card as a down payment. My deal that I OK'd was $1500, and my car (which is in my garage), + tax, MV, DOC, and ECH.

The dealer accepted the price that I wanted to pay for the Accord, which was apprx. $27,300. The $1500, and my car is what I agreed too. What I'm irate about is that I'm being told that the green color Accord V-6 L W/Nav is difficult to locate. However, when I look up other Honda dealer's inventory, and on many occasions I found the car that I want. I can't state that every dealer had the car, but some of them did. On at least four occasions I called my sales rep, and gave him information as to where I found the car that he was supposed to be looking for since February 28th. On only one occasion did he state that he found my car, but the vehicle had 6000 miles, and was a demo use by one of the managers of that dealer. Of course I said no to that trade.

What you stated in your last paragraph is what I'm intending to do tomorrow afternoon. I want a $10000 credit put back on my c/card.

When a potential buyer of a car hasn't dealt for many years with what I call slick head sales rep's/ managers of car dealers, (not all, for there are good one's) that buyer better be careful, for these bastards are an expert at b/s.

Thanks for your in-put.
    Hi Can you please post the details.

what is the dealership.

Base price -
    Tax -
    Tags -
    features:

thank you.
  • ajg71283ajg71283 Member Posts: 11
    I recently bought a 2009 Accord EX-L Sedan w/Navi 2.4 cyl in New Jersey. I paid $27,500 OTD. I love the Navigation. It was very helpful this weekend when I went to dinner with some of my family to a place that was recommended to us but in a town we had never been. Also, the Navigation system comes with a trip computer which gives you Distance to Empty for gas, Average speed, Time Traveled and Current Fuel Efficiency. It's a nice feature to have.
  • navbhanavbha Member Posts: 19
    I live in Sacramento area. I got quotes from some of the bay area dealers for a Honda accord EX 5 Speed AT. I got a quote for $22,750 out of door with 3 accessories worth about 250 MSRP. The price includes tax, and all the fees.

Please do let me know whether you want to dealer information. I believe if we go together we might have better negotiating power.
  • badarterbadarter Member Posts: 2
    I just received, on my first internet quote, what I think to be a pretty good price, though the internet manager said he didn't want to get beat by a few hundred dollars, so let him know if anything else comes in better. Here is the quote, does anyone think that I could significantly improve on this. I am in Northern California, Sacramento area:

Silver Honda Accord Sedan EX-L v-6 black leather
    MSRP: 29,375
    Invoice: 26,943
    Price: 24,969

Don't know about fees but it does include destination fee. How much harder should I push for a better price. Thanks for any help.
    HI,
    I got a quote for Honda accord 2009 EX from a bay area dealer and the quote was 22,746 out of the door. I live in sacramento area but negotiating with bay area dealers since they are relatviely chepaer.
    I am planning to buy the car this weekened. Do let em know if you want to join me to get a better price (If we say two people are buying then the dealer might give a better deal)
    HI,
    I got a quote for Honda accord 2009 EX from a bay area dealer (northern california) and the quote was 22,746 out of the door. I live in sacramento area but negotiating with bay area dealers since they are relatviely chepaer.

I am planning to buy the car this weekened. Do let em know if any body want to join me to get a better price (If we say two people are buying then the dealer might give a better deal)
  • badarterbadarter Member Posts: 2
    navbha,

I am looking to try to take care of this today, but right now, I got a little better of a deal than just posted at Elk Grove Honda. basically a few dollars lower, plus wheel locks, trunk mat and splash guards. I am going to try to and add in window tint. just spoke to a fairfield honda and they couldn't get where they were and said it was a net loser for elk grove...not sure i totally believe that, but i'm guessing this is about as low as I can go. let me know if you want to try and join in cut a deal together, hopefully tonight maybe.
  • dc10pltdc10plt Member Posts: 10
    I live in NJ and have just tried to contact DCH Kay Honda to see if I can get a good deal as well. I'm trying to find a regular V6 EX cloth. evidently they are hard to find but DCH has a few. I got an online quote from them for 22,981. I'm hoping to get this to around 21,600ish. Is this possible?

I see people arranging 4 cylinder EX-L deals for around 21-22,500. This EX v6 is in the same MSPR range.

Invoice is 24 so they are already I guess 1,000 under but I thought I saw there is a Manufacturer to Dealer cash of 1,000 available. Is this already taken into account for invoice pricing?
    hey dc10plt...
    what are the spec that you want? i also live in the area and thinking about getting one (EX-L w/ Navi) i know the sales in academy honda. maybe we can combine our buy. what is your lowest quote. you can email me at jayc5627@hotmail.com
  • chrisliuchrisliu Member Posts: 8
    Hi navbha,

The best quote I got from south bay dealers ( Larry Hopkins Honda
    ) is $23230 OTD for EX model. Would you mind to tell me the dealer and salesman you are working on ? I will explore the possibility to join effort. Thanks.
  • bluetonebluetone Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I shopping for Honda Accord LX 2009.My best quote for today is $18569, including destination charges.Do you think it is a good deal?
    That seems to be a good deal. let me know the details and I will join
    chrisliu,
    Sam Linder Honda. Gabe. I am also working with few other dealers, it is possible that if we go together we might get a better deal but I leave the option to you. This dealer is about 1.5 hours from Fremont.

I was also told that one of the dealer in sacramento is also offering a very good price better than what i stated here. Let me know so the details.