Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kris39kris39 Member Posts: 2
    Hello:
    I am in NJ and was quoted a 26.2 OTD price for a 2010 Accord EX-L.
    I think its way high than what I have seen posted in the forum.
    Could anyone help me with what would be a good price to negotiate in NJ?
    Any help appreciated. :)
  • Options
    georgjogeorgjo Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys, Im from NJ and just bought a 2010 Honda Accord EX. Let me know if you think it was too high.

Accord EX- 4
    Sticker 25,380
    Pro Pack 499

Pro Pack = Wheel Locks, Splash Guard & Trunk Liner

Actual Sale
    Vehicle 22,400 (Including Pro Pack)
    Doc Fee 249
    Reg &Title 299
    Tire NJ 7
    Subtotal 22,955

NJ Tax 1,607

OTD 24,562
  • Options
    ti97ti97 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    What do you guys think of this price? Black Accord EX-L 4-cylinder coupe automatic transmission with no option. No trade-in.

Vehicle price 23364
    PA Tax 1869.12
    New registration and license 216.95
    OTD: 25450.07
  • Options
    2010accordexl2010accordexl Member Posts: 5
    If you take special APR, probably it is reasonable price since I bought EX-L 4 cyl 4 dr on July for $23,700 plus tax. Currently, they have additional $600 if you finance thru Honda.
  • Options
    2010accordexl2010accordexl Member Posts: 5
    It is too high if you are paying cash or do not take special APR
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    What was the MSRP on it?
    I saw a 2010 EXL Coupe V6 Red for $ 26900 with 13000 miles.
    Car is in like Brand New Condition.
    Over here they are so hard to come by, You can buy a tons of 4 door but the V6 Coupe is not easy to find.
    Good Deal?
    Thanks
  • Options
    fallers2011fallers2011 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Just purchased a New (odo 64 miles) 2010 EX-L (no nav) in Billings MT

OTD price 24900.
    No Tax in MT
    We tried to get down to 24,200, but they held firm adding that the block heater and trunk mats were in the price.

1.9% 60 month
    Very Happy with the Black on Black leather EX-L
  • Options
    nirvnirv Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    Can anyone share the price paid on the 2011 EX-L with Satellite Linked navigation?
    I live in the bay area, and looking to buy one soon...want to know whats a good offer to make?
    Thanks
    N
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    edited September 2010
    Never make an offer..Let them make the offer and you can shop the best OTD price.
  • Options
    thanks..wanted to know whats a reasonable price to start negotiating from..
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Invoice...then if you are not satisfied shop the best OTD.
  • Options
    suigensuigen Member Posts: 5
    from nj, bought a new 2010 accord V6EXL.

sale price;24176
    options: 695
    dst : 750
    doc : 399
    reg ; 399
    tire : 16
    +7% st @ 1793
    OTD: 28227

is it an ok deal?
  • Options
    op1op1 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    just purchased a 2010 EX-L with door edge guard for OTD 24000 (100 processing, 6% tax) in MD with 1.9% financing.
  • Options
    avichiavichi Member Posts: 22
    Appreciate if some one who has bought a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navigation
    provide your insight on sale price in California (SoCal)
    Just to help format the information here is a template:

Actual Sale Price:$ ________
    Options :$ ________
    Destination :$________
    Doc Fee :$________
    Other :$________
    Tax % : %
    Tax :$________
    OTD :$________

Thanks in advance
    Avichi
  • Options
    tcasboytcasboy Member Posts: 214
    This site says that there is a $1200 and a $600 incentive to the dealer on the 2010 Accord. Does anybody know if you can get both of these? I went to test drive one today and the salesman was pretty upfront about the $1200 and the 1.9% financing, but said nothing about the $600. It was just a preliminary conversation, I didn't make any offer or express much interest, as I am still shopping other vehicles. They were pretty much at invoice minus the $1200 for the price of the car, but looked like plus about 600 in fees. Just wondering if anybody has been able to get a total of $1800 under invoice.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I was looking at the "below invoice" range it could vary between $1600 to $2500, I think the range of $1800 below invoice if you get is great deal. Looking at the numbers for person who bought in NJ his range was around $2900 below invoice.

Would you happen to know pricing for 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navigation?
    TIA
  • Options
    Well I can't really comment on pricing in CA, and I have a feeling that $2900 under invoice in NJ either has some details missing (trade, lease, etc) or is exaggerated somewhat. I think you could do better on a left over 2010, but even on a leftover 3 grand under invoice is pretty amazing, so I take that with a grain of salt.

The numbers offered up by the guy I spoke to in the middle of the country was invoice minus the $1200 dealer incentive, but that is on a left over 2010 that the lots are flooded with. I found a similar vehicle in the next state for a couple hundred less. The price the local guy offered was ok, but its the fees where they are trying to recoup some profit. I have no trade and this offer was with or without the 1.9% financing.

A tactic I have used is to determine what I think is a fair offer, which is easier on Hondas due to the simplicity of their trim levels, and either call it in or email it to them. If they don't take it, I just say thanks and keep looking. Sometimes takes several months to get a deal, but almost every time they call back with either a counter (which I refuse) or an acceptance of the offer. I usually have time on my side. It doesn't hurt to make this type of offer on the last day of the month either.

If you think a $500 profit on a new, current model car in decent demand is fair, then offer every dealer in your area an opportunity to earn your business at $29,907 for that 2011 EXL V6. That is 500 over invoice. All they can do is decline and/or counter. Make enough offers to enough dealers and you will figure out how low they are willing to go on that particular vehicle. Edmunds has that model at a TMV of $31,834 in my area, so they must feel that the new V6 EXL is fetching more than $500 over invoice. So you may have to go 1000 or more over invoice on a brand new model year Honda, the only way to know for sure is to make some offers and be ready to walk if they don't accept them.

Costco and other buying services are helpful in determining where the market is for a certain vehicle in a particular location (yours) as well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks tcasboy, you are correct one guy in our area is quoting for a 2011 EXL V6

MSRP $32,380.00
    Invoice $29,693.00 (another dealer is quoting $1036 less than this invoice)
    Sale Price $-
    Options $-
    Destination $
    Document Fees $55.00
    Registration $-
    Tire Fee $8.75
    DMV Fees $-
    Dealer Incentive $-
    Dealer Added Equipment $-
    Dealer Acquisition Fees for Car $-
    Tax Rate 8.25%
    Tax $-
    Trade-In $-
    OTD(Out Of Door) $-
    Actual OTD with Trade In $-

Be in touch
  • Options
    soliloquysoliloquy Member Posts: 7
    Hi Everyone.

I am in the market for a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Coupe in the Chicago area. This will be my first new car buying experience so I want to make sure I am getting the best price. The lowest offer I have received thus far is $26,700. The invoice price is $27,690. Honda is offering 1.9% APR for 60 months as well. There is a $1200 rebate for 2010 models, but I am not sure if it applies to the 2011 models. If you can offer any advice on a fair price for either a 2011 or 2010 model or any suggestions/advice in general on the buying process I would really appreciate it!

Thank you!
  • Options
    According to this website the manufacturer to dealer incentive is only on the 2010 models. $1000 under invoice for a 2011 would be an exceptional deal in my opinion, are you sure that wasn't a quote for a 2010? Is it a lease? Is there a trade involved? Sometimes they will give you a low price on the new car and make it up in your trade.

I've bought 14 new cars since 1984, and I try to do all my calculations and planning at home, not at the dealer. I will go drive the car and leave, unless I am ready to make an offer. When I am ready, I make the offer and then give them a chance to consider, and if they don't accept it I leave them my number and walk away. Sometimes they call back right away, sometimes they never do, but most of the time we are able to do business.

The end of the month is a good time to make an offer, as they are often trying to make a quota for that month and are willing to take a lower offer to get that one additional sale.

I also tend to buy vehicles at the end of the model year, often traveling several states to find the exact car I am looking for. I can usually cut a pretty good deal on a leftover model. I lose a bit in the fact that I have a one year old brand new car, but I can make some of it back in 4-5 years when I trade or sell because I have a used car with relatively low mileage.

My method might not work for everybody, but it works for me most of the time.

Gathering info on this forum and various websites is a great way to arm yourself with enough information to almost level the playing field with the car dealers. Try to remember it is just business, don't get too attached to a particular deal, or take things personally.

Good luck
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks Soliloguy..

My first car was a Honda Accord from S*******burg Honda Schaumburg IL ,1991 great car used it for 12 years ,250K miles, was still running, donated it, I am back and want to buy my car again and yes Chicagoland ,seems you are getting $990 below invoice, I think it is a great deal.

Does any one know if the invoice price for dealers are same across the state by the manufacturer?
  • Options
    alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    I am sure invoice prices are same for all the Honda dealers in USA for 48 states.

In Texas, Toyota sells cars to the Gulf Toyota Distributor that in turn sells to Toyota dealers in 5 states after adding accessories, so factory invoice is hard to apply here for that brand.

Try the web based American Express Car Buying service it will provide written lowest price quote for a given zip code. By trying different zip codes you can get lowest price if you can travel. Also, any factory incentives to dealer has to be passed on to buyer. Costco service is also a good choice.
  • Options
    hi,
    needed some advice from the pros. I am interested in getting the 2011 EX-L with Nav in a particular color. This color 'basque red' is not available at most dealers. The local dealer says that you make a deal with me, sign a contract and I will get the car from you from warehouse the next day. Is that legit? \

I am not sure about signing any contract without seeing the car first. What to do in a situation like this?
    Thanks,
    N
  • Options
    Hi Tcasboy.

Thank you so much for the great information and advice! I really appreciate how thorough you were. I feel a lot better knowing that I am not being given a raw deal if the dealer sticks with the price he offered me. I will try it your way if the current deal falls through, and go in with my numbers already crunched next time. Eventually, someone may accept:) I am also going to wait until next week to go in ready to purchase since it will be the end of the month and the quotas will need to be met.

Like you, I would have preferred the leftover model, but it has been really hard to find a 2010 V6 model coupe:( That was definitely my initial plan. However, if I can get a great deal on a 2011 I am all for it. Thanks again for helping me with my decision making process. This is the biggest purchase I have ever made and it is a little nerve wracking:) Have a wonderful day!
  • Options
    Thanks Avichi!

It's great to hear from an actual owner that Honda lives up to its reputation for longevity:) I plan on keeping my future car for quite some time as well. Now that I know that the offer is a good deal, I think I will be taking the plunge next week!

Thanks again:) Have a beautiful day!
  • Options
    I hope that deal works out for you. $1000 under invoice on a brand new model year car in fair demand would be outstanding.

Another method, if you know exactly which car you want (which again is easier with Hondas due to their simple trim levels and lack of options) is to email every dealer within a distance you are willing to travel and ask them to compete for your business by offering you their best price. Allow them to bid for your business. This shotgun method works for some folks as well.

Knowing what the dealer pays for the vehicle and getting a feel for the market demand of that model is key to making a good deal on a car. Just don't let anybody rush you and read all the paperwork to make sure it reflects the deal as you understand it. Get everything in writing to your satisfaction before you hand over the money.
  • Options
    It can be legit, except perhaps that they aren't going to get the car from a warehouse per se, they are going to find it at another dealer and work a trade or they are going to try to get one allotted to them on their next shipment. Not a big deal, so long as you make sure that the deal is dependent on a satisfactory test drive and that your deposit is refundable if there are problems with the vehicle.

I wouldn't do it unless I had already test driven the exact same model and was absolutely sure that is the car I wanted. The only downside of such a deal (other than it falling through) is that since the dealer knows you are sold on the car and he has to expend extra resources to go get it (time and/or money) they won't be as inclined to give you as good a deal as they might on a vehicle that is sitting on their lot. No big deal, just so long as you are happy with the bottom line knowing that you got the exact car you wanted before shelling out your cold hard cash.

Years ago I ordered a Mustang LX convertible with the 5.0 engine. Red, black top and grey cloth interior. 5 speed manual transmission. Made a great deal, it was my dream car exactly the way I wanted. Car came in a month or so later and I eagerly went down to the dealer to pick it up. Saw it on the lot and was so excited, until I looked inside and saw the leather interior and automatic tranny. I was miffed like you couldn't believe. Guy said he would only charge me invoice for the leather and auto, I told him to stuff it. Took a while, but I got my deposit back and still have never owned a Mustang. I got over it.

Now days, it it were me, I'd get online and I'd find a dealer with that car in the color I wanted and I'd go get it there if we could come to agreement on the price. Most of the time I would bet you would get a better deal that way, rather than having the local dealer make a trade. It might be just a matter of a few weeks before your dealer gets one in in the right color anyway, if you can afford to wait.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Let me know what happens, I sent out 5 emails with RFQ with detailed pricing and asked them to complete the attached excel sheet where I have asked them to fill in the required numbers, so that I can give them the same opportunity to compete for my business,and at the same time compare apples-apples. Three have responded...keep you updated....
  • Options
    accord10hondaaccord10honda Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Hello,

I live in the Chicago area and am looking to get a new 2010 accord LX-P. I was wondering what a good OTD price for this car would be.

I want 0% apr. and am willing to do 36 month with 3,000 down.

I was thinking 20,000 OTD is a good price. Let me know what you guys think.
  • Options
    thanks tcasboy ..that is a great adv!ice
  • Options
    capedrivercapedriver Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I want to buy a new Honda Accord Sedan 4 door EXL. I am from Boston and I was given a price of $24,543 for 2011 and $22,733 for a 2010. If I want to use the .9% financing I have to add $1200 onto the price. These prices include destination charges. Is this a good price? I have excellent credit. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    If it were me I'd go with the 2010. That is a great price, about 2500 under invoice. The salesman in the middle of the country offered me 1200 invoice plus the financing (actually either way according to him) on a leftover 2010 EX. Small improvement in gas mileage of the 2011, but otherwise not much changes in the model year (some cosmetics as well), I'd go with the leftover 2010 and bank that use that 1800 bucks to pay for the taxes on the new ride.
  • Options
    Update
    There are 3 dealers who have responded all of them out of the wack, and have asked them to go back and reevaluate their price.

As menitoned by "capedriver", " $24,543 for 2011 and $22,733 for a 2010. If I want to use the .9% financing I have to add $1200 onto the price" is a right range for the car.

"CapeDriver" is it a with Navigation?
  • Options
    louisnlouisn Member Posts: 110
    I think you are pricing the v6. He is giving a price on the 4 cylinder--2000 difference between the two.
  • Options
    georgjogeorgjo Member Posts: 2
    2010accordex

I took the cash back on the 2010 EX. Guess I had more room to negotiate.

I went by Edmunds TMV which was 22,037 at the time, so figured 22400 with the pro pack was a decent deal. Hey the dealer has to make $$$ as well.

How much did I overpay by do you think? Ive checked true car but the ones way under usually had some extras or some issue with them where you'd have to pay more (ex chrome pillars, rims etc.)

Jomy
  • Options
    eljayceeeljaycee Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I just purchased a 2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cylinder w/o navi, with leather, sunroof, wheel locks, door and fender trim for $22,500. When all was said and done after taxes and fees I was out the door having paid $24,930. This comes with free oil changes for life.

I thought this was a pretty good price for a 2011. I negotiated mainly online initially wanting a 2010, but when I came in to buy the 2010 they were all out and honored the price they quoted me on the phone for a 2011. This was at Herson's Honda in Maryland. I really wanted to stay under 25,000 and just managed to squeak by.
  • Options
    metro3metro3 Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone offer suggestions on pricing targets for the following:
    2010 EXLV6 with and without Navi

2011 EXLV6 with and without Navi

Considering both.
  • Options
    capedrivercapedriver Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for your help. After may hours of reading, researching and anguish. I bought a 2010 EXL and paid $22,000 with 1.9% financing. No extras. Came out paying $23,828. I have not picked up yet. How did I do?
  • Options
    In my opinion that is a great deal.
  • Options
    atanneratanner Member Posts: 13
    What do you recommend: Financing or paying cash ?
    Which one let me get a 2010 EXL cheaper?
  • Options
    zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    wow that is a kick ... deal
    great deal no doubt
    especially with the financing

i guess the market is really soft these days, much softer than beginning of 2010... it was almost impossible to dip below 23k on exl back few months ago
  • Options
    lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Hello all,

Wanted to share a pleasant buying experience with everyone. Had luck with Fairfax Honda. My deal was a little tricky because I was actually trading in two vehicles and getting two vehicles. See the Odyssey forum for my post about leasing the 2010 Odyssey in more detail.

Here is what happened... bought a 2007 Odyssey in Sept. 2007 and paid 26.5K (not OTD). Took the car to Carmax recently and they offered 20K. Good deal considering the car had 34K miles. We had been having issues with the stuttering engine and my wife really wanted a new one. So, we went in a negotiated a great price on a 2010 EX-L. MSRP was $34,185 and sale price was $28,675 (see more below about this price) + tax, title, acquisition fee, doc fee, etc. Because we were getting a new car, I needed to get rid of my 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech to keep my monthly payments the same. Problem was, I couldn't find anyone to give me enough on the trade to make any deals work. However, Fairfax Honda currently has their own version of Cash for Clunkers. They will pay KBB Fair price + 10% if you get into a new vehicle which averages 3 MPG more than your current vehicle.

They agreed to honor their website and gave me $35K for the trade. We agreed to a price for the Accord, but I thought that the deal was financing or incentive. Therefore, the price I negotiated included adding the incentive back in ($1200). The sales manager told me that you can do both at which point I mentioned my negotiated price didn't take this into consideration. He was willing to work with me and basically gave me another $1,000 off the Odyssey price (was @ $29,675 and ended up at $28,675) and threw in a set of all weather mats for the Accord. Here is the price for the Honda Accord (with dealer throwing in Wheel Locks, All Weather Mats and Mud Guards):

MSRP $31,855.00
    Invoice $29,244.00
    Sale Price $27,839.00
    Document Fees $ 385.00
    Registration $ 10.00
    DMV Fees $ 47.75
    Tax Rate 3.2%
    Tax $ 846.72

OTD (Out Of Door) $ 29,128.47

I financed using the 1.9% for 60 months. Payment = $509.

Very happy and a very pleasant buying experience. Would highly recommend.

Lee
  • Options
    ...gave them a chance to give a invoice price in the format I had requested so that all the dealer get the same chance to compete, did not come clean and started sending email with condescending note,provided them invoice prices from two authentic respected sources.

I would not recommend going and doing any business with these guys if you are in SoCal
  • Options
    lccalvert

Thanks for posting the deal, does your invoice price include $750 "destination fee"?
    That means you if yes actual invoice price was $28494.00 ($29244-$750), and your sale price was $27,839. ( Which is $28494-$27839=$655 below invoice) seems you have come out as a winner here on a 2010 EX-L V6 with Nav in Northern Virginia.

Let me know if my assumptions are correct.
  • Options
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
    Description Dealer Cost FactoryInvoice Average Paid MSRP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
    Base Vehicle $28,182.00 $28,182.00 $27,486.00 $31,105.00
    Holdbacks ($622.00) - - -

Dealer Incentives ($1200.00) - - -

Options ($0.0) - - -

Regional Ad Fees $311.00 $311.00 $311.00 -

Destination Fees $750.00 $750.00 $750.00 $750.00

Customer Incentives ($0.0) - - -

TOTAL $27,421.00 $29,243.00 $28,547.00 $31,855.00

Negative number means dealers are offering incentives.
    (This are Local and National numbers, the regional adjustment is about $200 more on average paid) Hope that helps all
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    so your OTD price includes tite,tax & registration? Would you mind sharing the breakdown of all the fees etc?
    thanks
  • Options
    eljayceeeljaycee Member Posts: 2
    Yeah it included everything. I'm not sure of the exact breakdown because I don't have the paper in front of me but it was

$22500
    $750 destination fee
    $100 dealer fee
    $1350 tax

i'm missing something, but my final price out the door was $24,930
  • Options
    lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    I believe your assumptions are correct. If the post above is accurate, then your numbers appear accurate also. True Car had the target price of this vehicle at $25,994. I didn't find anyone offering this once I began receiving quotes. The closest was actually from Fairfax Honda in their email. They were slightly better than the price I negotiated with the dealer. I don't feel too bad because as I said, once the sales manager informed me that I could get the incentive also, he reduced the price on my Odyssey another $1,000. So in reality, the price of the Accord would have been $26,839 including destination which is a great deal.

The real kicker for me was they matched Carmax on my Odyssey trade and gave me $35K for my TL. I had offers on the TL of $30K from Carmax, $31,500 from local VW dealer (was considering the Passat) and $33,500 from the Acura dealer I purchased the vehicle from. In the end, it was an easy decision.

I have to tell everyone though, the seats on the Accord are very hard. I hope they give after a couple of month. Nothing like the Acura.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    lccalvert
    You wnt beleive the accurate pricing fromthe American Express Car Buyer program .

Check out the site for 2010 for Honda Accord EX-L V6 4-Dr with Navigation

YOUR PRICE $26,544 Savings off MSRP:$5,311
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out the site for 2011 for Honda Accord EX-L V6 4-Dr with Navigation
    link title

YOUR PRICE $29,723 Savings off MSRP:$2,657
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Location SoCal">link title
  • Options
    francine03francine03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I am supposed to pick up this car tonight (but have not signed anything) and so would appreciate feedback on what I am being offered. I also would like to know anyone's thoughts on whether or not the $399 package deal for leather and paint protection for 60 months is worth it or whether a couple cans of protectant from Home Depot or somewhere like that would work "just as much". (I know how much of a profit making mark-up are typically on these "treatments".)

Thanks!

$27 580 msrp
    -4480 "preferred customer" discount
    -----------
    23 100 CAR PRICE (dealer fee is additional 599 - see below)
    399 - 5 year interior/ exterior protection package - is this any good?
    ------

599.95 - Dealer fee (aka profit)
    498.75 - DMV fees
    8.50 - battery fees (how come one nissan dealer has it at $1.50 - I don't know)
    1452.25 - 6%sales tax
    --------------

I am getting zero down and 0.9% financing for 60 months