Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    joer2001joer2001 Member Posts: 32
    If you wanted to you could call the sales manager today and tell him you got cold feet. He may give you the line "what can we do to earn your business" Tell him take $1,500.00 off the price and you will sign, then negotiate. In my experience the 399. treatment and "warranty" costs the dealership less than $50.00, and the 600.00 dealer fee could go away all together and they would still make money.
    Also, and this has worked for me 4 times and I have gotten a price 700.00 to 1200 lower...
    Call another dealership, see if they have or can get the same car, tell them you will sign and buy for $24,500.00 out the door, see what happens.
    Good luck!
    Post how it turns out.
  • Options
    jsaviojsavio Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the OTD prices for accord 2011 EX-L with Navigation in Chicago ? I have received quotes for 26781 & 26034 plus dest., dealer & taxes.

This is my first car. What price (OTD) I should target ?
  • Options
    avichiavichi Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2010
    Check this website, they are the best source so far I have found out .

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2232&modelId=1087&upfrontPri- - cing=Y#

Please , let me know how it goes, as i am in the similar situation, in California.
  • Options
    jsaviojsavio Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information. I checked the site and it is showing 26781 as the base price. I am hoping that I can negotiate much more than that.

Need to get some OTD price that I can target.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Forget about it & do it yourself! I bought my '06 Civic LX from Hollywood Honda as it had the best price quote at that time. Coral Springs Honda, in my town, wouldn't deal against Hollywood so, the extra drive was worth the better price!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    sonrksonrk Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, I went into a Honda Dealership today to lease a car, because I know they are getting rid of the 10 cars for the new 11s.

I want to get an Accord LX Sedan and we have everything written down on that long sheet.

Price of Unit: 22605

36 months, 12,000 miles

Monthly Payment 155
    Reg/Title Fee 299
    Doc Fee 299
    Tire Fee 7.50
    Down Payment 2000

BUT apparently they wrote down a 2011 Accord and I was told that they are going to get me a 2010 car (like I wanted to)

Since the Price of Unit appears to be of an 11 car I can't really evaluate how good of a deal I got, (or that it's crummy). Since all the paperwork lists the VIN of the 2011 Accord LX, then I assume that if I decide now that I don't want to then I'm entitled to not commit myself to a car?

For the record, I wanted to get a 2010 White Honda Accord LX as base as it could get. They wrote down an 11 car, so now I have to wait while they try to get in a 2010 car

Using the MF of .00158 and Residual of .60

I did some quick guess and check to see what the price of my unit was.

If I just input 19,500 as Price Sold, with 2000 of down payment into it leads me with a Net Cap Cost of 17500. Calculated cost of Residual is .60 * 22605 = 13563

Depreciation Fee = (17,500 - 13563) / 36 = $110
    Finance Fee = (17500 + 13563) * .00158 = $49

so that comes out to be $159 , a little more than $155 a month, but that means the car was sold to me at about $19,500 ??? Should I fight to get it cheaper, or even cancel my order. I do not have car under my possession as the the VIN on all paperwork is wrong
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    I would like you to show me a post on this forum where someone successfully negotiated away a dealer/doc fee. It just does not happen.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    dnmanndnmann Member Posts: 8
    I didn't get them to specificaly drop the doc fee, but i gave them a bottom line number and they cut the cost of the car and removed all the add ons to get me there. the doc fee was on the contract.

is still paid what I wanted/planned.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    $600 for the dealership fee is ridiculous. I have never paid more than $299 and I have traded a lot. The 399 for the protection package is worthless. When it had already been completed before purchase, I refused to pay for it and they gave it to me.
  • Options
    mahiminnmahiminn Member Posts: 2
    TMV Invoice Price : $20,727

Purchase Price : 19500
    Tax : 1267
    City Tax : 20
    TTL : 327

Out The Door Price : $ 21189
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thank you everyone for feedback,appreciate if anyone recently bought a Honda Accord 2010 EX-L V6 with Navigation provide feedback.

Two dealers have given me a price as follows:( I am not including the MSRP and Invoice Price as it does not matter) The bottom-line pricing for me what is my price which is the Sale Price.
    Dealer#1
    4. DMV(Tag/Registration Fee) :$398.00
    5. Tax (on #1+#2) :$23,67.31
    Dealer#2
    4. DMV(Tag/Registration Fee) :$398.00
    5.Other :$29.00
    6 Flat/Add County Fee :$10.00
    7.Smog Abatement Fee :$20.00
    8. Tax (8.75%) (on #1+#2) :$2401.00
    Check the Amex Car Buying program and they say in my area, the sale price (Item#1-Sale Price) should be $26,544

I checked the Dealer #2 today he was ready to make a deal, he did not have the color we wanted, so we walked out.

I will give Dealer#1 to respond and see he can match the American Express Sale Price of $26544.00 (which is $5311 below MSRP for the above model)
  • Options
    francine03francine03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for your quick feedback/ suggestion (and the feedback from others as well on the treatment package, etc). I had three dealers balk at the $24,500 OTD request.

One offered to either upgrade an LX with specific options I really wanted (say add leather, etc.) in order to meet that goal OR after some discussion and a call back, he would do $25,200 for an in-stock color (my second choice).

Another offered $25,625 OTD including Pro Package dealer added accessories at $400 (second choice color).

In the end I used a dealer with a similar fee structure to the one above, the exterior/interior color combination I wanted, no pro package and did $25,100 OTD (no treatment package) w/ the Honda financing. That reflected a $500 cut on the car price. (There was a typo in what I wrote above - Honda's financing offer is 1.9%).

I was not able to cut the dealer fee and one dealer even had it $50 higher as a doc fee; no-one added any $750? destination fee that I see mentioned by others in this thread, which seems in some instances to go along with the less "outrageous" dealer/ documentation fees.

What do you think about that deal??

(I did see the Amex Buying service price at $23,588 with a "Dealer Cost" at $23,600 w/o any added accessories and the True Value actual sales analysis "great price" comparison for my area at $24,077.)

Thanks again.
  • Options
    francine

Can you please identify the which model?
  • Options
    francine03francine03 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

This was for a 2010 EX L - no Pro Package, no Trade-in, new FL tags (it would have been less if I had tags to transfer).
  • Options
    waterjewelwaterjewel Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

After reading the helpful posts on this forum (thank you all), and after researching multiple internet sites for pricing information, I purchased a new 2010 Accord EX-L sedan last evening in Boston MA. It is the end of model year; I didn't want to pay the markup for the 2011. I had no trade-in. I paid the following:

$22,500 Includes destination)

1406. 25 (MA sales tax at 6.25%)
    154.00 ( new plates, sticker, registration)
    294.00 ( document fees--I couldn't get them to budge on this)

I also received the 1.9 per cent financing.

I wanted a preferred color of black with ivory interior. This is the best price I could get.
  • Options
    waterjewel

Is you car "2010 Accord EX-L 5 sp automatic sedan" V6 with Navigation?
  • Options
    Thank you all and thank you to American Express Auto Buying Program (Auto Nation are their service provider), go thru them to negotiate all the details before you step in to the store and check the website I have provided for your the exact "Your Price" column, that is the base selling price,TRY TO NEGOTIATE FOR THAT PRICE+$200/300 more that is it) , this price does not include Taxes and Trade Ins and does not include your local State requirements,I have included some of the State costs associated for California)
    Tire Fee :$8.75
    DMV(Tag/Registration) Fees :$371.00
    Smog Abatement Fee :$20.00
    Tax :$2,252.25
    Trade-In(Honda) :$1,000.00
    OTD(Out Of Door) :$30,036.00
    Actual OTD with Trade In $29,036.00

Check the URL :
  • Options
    No V6 and no navigation.
  • Options
    joer2001joer2001 Member Posts: 32
    Ok, Here's a post...

On a most deals if the numbers do not work, I tell them if they can just get me another...$_(Whatever number of dollars would work) closer, I will buy, but, I am always, always, always prepared to walk. I have walked deals over 145.00 before, my logic is the seller needs to sell a lot more than I need to buy. Rarely can I tell you that I walk, because most of the time they do the deal.
  • Options
    jaywayjayway Member Posts: 2
    Which dealership did you buy from?
  • Options
    rustumrustum Member Posts: 100
    How much i can expect to pay for 2010 LX-P Accord. Is LX-P better purchase than LX. I am looking to purchase a car in Dallas area.
  • Options
    Today i went to test drive Accord in Texas. Went to the same dealer where i got expensive Civic quotes. I am still not decided between Civic and Accord. I am worried about Accord fuel efficiency and suitability for small people/woman. Felt bit uncomfortable with seat.

Accord SDN LX-P AT (Black and Ivory) - $22300 Drive out price.
    Accord SDN LX AT ( Blue and Grey / Silver and Grey) - $21000 Drive out price.
    Civic LX AT (Black and Grey) - $20500 Drive out Price.

All these vehicles have following extras:
    Pin Stripe($299),
    Window Tint ($299)
    Protection package ($799)

I did not like Ivory interior in Accord. Grey interior is good. Which option is better considering the price. How much room i am left with for further negotiation. I got pre-approved loan from CU.

Please let me know your feedback on price, color selection, trim selection and Accord/Civic?
  • Options
    sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    The key acronym is ZAG. ZAG is an affinity relationship provider for AMEX, USAA and others. They charge the dealer $400 when you buy the car. Think the dealer is not charging you? Perception. ZAG dealers have to cover the cost somewhere. We stopped doing ZAG deals because of this. No free lunch. Better deals are out there.
  • Options
    sellmorehondassellmorehondas Member Posts: 62
    Drive out price is meaningless. As is Out the Door. What is the price of the car?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Following are the prices i got in Dallas area.

2010 Accord SDN LX-P AT (Black and Ivory) - $20730 + TTL.
    2010 Accord SDN LX AT ( Blue and Grey / Silver and Grey) - $19500 + TTL Drive out price.

Please let me know if these prices are good.
  • Options
    alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    My sister purchased 2010 Accord 4 dr AT LX-P for 19,250 in May 2010 when the inventory was high at a McKinney dealership and incentives were better. It included that protection pkg. for 800-900 extra. I think 20k + TTL should be your target. Certain dealership in Richardson is giving dealer add on for free but they overprice the cars. With 2011 in their lot they should make great deals.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. I will check with other dealers and see if i can get it for $20k + TTL for LX-P. How much will be my target price for LX.
  • Options
    I bought the EXL from Herb Chambers Honda Bostom
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for the update. I did talk to Eric in Rusty Wallis. He gave me $15784 + TTL price for Civic LX. Accord LXP and LX are not available other than demo vehicles with 5k miles. . Prices he quoted me was $19384 + TTL and $18646 + TTL. Apparently he was selling non demo vehicles at that price few weeks back. Price for Accord EX is $20980 + TTL. They are still available.
    He is not ready to reduce price for Civic LX. Is it normal for dealers to give firm prices over internet. He is also clarified that, they are not going to charge for any extras. But they will remove some of them before giving vehicle.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    The Civic LX is a good price...and we've bought our last 5 cars dealing strictly with the internet salesperson & got great deals. We won't go into the purchasing dealer before we do everything online & through phone calls. We test drive at dealers a distance away to narrow our search down to exactly what we want. So far, the test drive dealers have not been able to get as close as the nearer internet dealers.

BTW, love my '06 Civic LX & plan to hold onto it for many years...just hit 29.5k. Don't drive much & will be driving even less when I retire by the end of the year. You'll love your Civic!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    I got a quote of $18699 + $600 (for equipment) + TTL for 2010 Accord LX with Black and Ivory interior. I have asked for $18699 + TTL. But dealer is not agreeing. Is $19299 + TTL good price with lot of extras added?
  • Options
    Thanks for the help. Today i went to the McKinney dealer. I purchased 2010 Accord LX-P for $21100 OTD. I think, it is $19550 + TTL. Rick Rawson from this dealer worked out deal. He stuck with 21k OTD price. I really liked Silver. More so black interior. I did not push him much. Paid 4k down payment. They gave me 1.9% Honda financing for remaining amount. My pre approved financing is with 3.2%. Looks like, 2010 Accord qualifies for incentives as well as for 1.9% with 60months financing.
  • Options
    That was a good deal since in past if you took rebates/incentives than Honda financing was NOT available and the same internet sales manager helped us. Enjoy your car!
  • Options
    Is it normal to ask for some free services while buying car. I forgot to ask any.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Is there any link to understand basic things to do after purchasing the car. Please let me know.
  • Options
    pajudesterpajudester Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    Is 25,000 OTD a good price for a 2010 Accord EX-L in Northeastern PA?
  • Options
    My bottom line "Sale Price" for 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation in California was $27,300.00

I think you can negotiate down in PA.
  • Options
    desmonsmdesmonsm Member Posts: 48
    I'm looking at a 2010 EX-L and have a question about Dealer Cash and Special Financing. Can you not get the $1,200 cash and the 1.9% financing? It looks like there's an additional $600 bonus cash currently available.
    I received a Costco Auto Program quote for a 2010 EX-L for 24,969.50, less the $1,800 available cash, equaling $23,169.50. This is before TTL. Or, I could take the 1.9% financing on 24,369.50. I'd have to play around with a calculator to see which is the better deal based on rates at credit unions.
    Is this a good deal for a 2010 EX-L?
  • Options
    On previous post it was mentioned that 1.9% financing was available after the all the incentives were included. The difference is you are getting approximately 1% better rate on financing than the preferred rate offered by credit union. You should be able to get for $22,800 if no add on accessories are included with the car!
  • Options
    soliloquysoliloquy Member Posts: 7
    Paid $26,800...almost $1k below invoice:)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If this was OTD you did OK.
  • Options
    I bought a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L demo for $21,495 + TTL. It only had 3K miles. Is this a good deal? I'm in Northeastern PA.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    You paid a new car price for a used car... 3k on it?
  • Options
    ..me too.
  • Options
    What would have been a better price then??
  • Options
    texasshopper1texasshopper1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to purchase a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L with Navigation this week. (2010 so I can get the 1.9% interest rate.) --- What is a good price to pay? The MSRP is around $29,500, I think.... I want to know what others are paying for this car, so I have some negotiating knowledge.

Thanks!
  • Options
    This was with everything but tax. The price for a 2011 V6 fully loaded EX-L doesn't get much better than that:)
  • Options
    Thanks for your help with the buying process avichi!
  • Options
    I was able to get the 1.9% on a 2011. Just wanted to make sure you knew that you may also be able to get it:)
  • Options
    you are welcome, pass it on...remember from a dealer perspective it is better off for them to have the car parked in your garage then their parking lot...you have the upper hand in negotiation.