Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Volvo XC90 SUV

Comments

• eandyleeeandylee Posts: 28
    Overseas for XC is more than $4000 less MSRP, I hope they do similar pricing on XC90
  • crikeycrikey Posts: 1,041
    one might get the same discount on the XC90 without the travel, that is, unless one wants the adventure. :)
    Should I be an employee of a company partnering with Ford or something?

Essentially, yes. Or a member of an organization that has this benefit.

A/X Plan pricing is probably close to invoice price + a certain percentage profit. For example, X-Plan pricing for a Volvo is A-Plan (employee) price + 2%. The X-Plan price is normally displayed on the official invoice of the vehicle one is interested in. So, it's wise to always demand to see the invoice of the vehicle.
  • kullenbergkullenberg Posts: 283
    I thought x plan worked out to invoice plus 2%.
    Overseas Delivery is still better deal than AZX-plan(which I'm not even eligible) for me; $3000-4000 below MSRP which is actually below invoice. Right now they are even throwing in free air tickets. Especially because I can use a few days of vacation in Europe.

And I doubt that you can combine the two?
    Unless you know how much the invoice price of an XC90 is, you would not know whether overseas pricing is below invoice. Like I said, if you like the adventure part of it, it would be the way to go. Not sure if you can combine the 2.
    per www.fordpartner.com, it says A-Plan price + 2%. A-Plan price could be equal to invoice price, though.
    Overseas price for almost all the other models are below invoice.

For example invoice for XC Wagon is $34,935, and Oversease price is $33000
    And 2 free round trip tickets for now

http://new.volvocars.com/overseas/

volvo sets the similar overseas pricing trend for XC90. The free tickets are a great incentive also.
    2002 C70 Coupe,
    Invoice: $35898
    OD: $33900 (2 Free air ticket included)

No other deal or plan X Y Z or whatever can beat that.

I just hope they do the same thing with XC90
    not having to travel to another country in another continent to buy a car. :) factor in your time, getting days off work, like i said, if one makes a vacation out of it, fine, great deal.

x y z plan makes it easy for people who prefer to just go to their local volvo retailer to buy a volvo.
    That's where personal preference comes in...
    'cause I don't mind at all having little overseas vacation especially to Europe. I bought my 325xi in Germany last year and I enjoyed it.
    ...are only available if one gets the XC90 with the Climate package. Thus, inflating the $500 option to be $1095. This kinda sucks for me. I hope Volvo offers this as a standard feature in the next model year, along with a 5spd or CVT tranny with the T6.
    I would actually like overseas delivery if I did not have twin 13-month old infants. Believe me, it ain't a picnic being in a plane with twin infants. So, X-Plan works for me.
    My wife is pregnant with twin right now, Due around late November. Of course we are planning to travel letting my mother take care of the twin for a week.
    There was an article in Auto Week on line, that indicated that the Government was getting ready to step in with some sort of regulation on these things, as they had gotten so many complaints about excess brightness. I would be more concerned about getting some form of the "nite vision". I think that will allow you to "see" thru fog, since tarmac will retain heat from the day, so you should see an outline of the road's heat.
    Cheers
    Pat
    one boy and one girl - a golden pair. good for you if you can leave your twins with someone for a vacation. good luck, you will enjoy having twins, except for airplane rides, of course. :)
    i did hear about that HID issue...mostly elderly people were affected, or complained, rather. true, night vision would probably work better.
    The twins are the reason for us to consider buying XC90. We were originally planed to have 2 kids but with the surprise, plan chaged to 3 kids back to back. XC90 should somehow work for 5 of us asumming we don't have more twins.
    same here -- kids are primarily the reason why people like us consider vehicles like volvos, or any vehicle considered safer than most. I would probably be looking at a totally different vehicle if i did not have kids.

and yes, you want to raise your twins first, before having another set of twins. at least until they're about 3 or 4. then, you'll want something bigger than the XC90. :)
    watch it with the elderly!! LOL I'm 66, and don't particularly like them, primarily because our summer visitors (read Florida) haven't got the sense or courtesy to dim them. Come to think of it, most of them are ELDERLY also!
    Cheers
    Pat
    Acura's HID bothers me
    no offence intended...but it makes sense that the elderly would be most bothered by HIDs. I did not know that HIDs can be dimmed, unless most of the visitors are on high beams al the time :)

BTW, I'm a Canadian (from Toronto) transplant that currently lives in the Central Florida area. Small world...
    There was never an offense taken. Speaking of Florida, and it's drivers; we have a name for them here in the mtns of NC. We call them "Half Backs". Most of them are retirees from the NYC area, who retired to Fla, and found it too hot in the summer, so they come to our mtns in the summer, thus they came "half way back" The truth is most of them never had to drive in NYC, so those skills were never utilized until they retired. We have them using turnsignals on hairpin turns, or not using them at all, or riding the brakes all the way uphill - it's something to see.! Speaking of dimming HID lites; in actual fact they can't be dimmed (most of them), the angle of the reflector is changed, when bright or dim is selected. That's why the auto levelingg is so important.
    Cheers
    Pat
  • and I have my deposit down. Havent heard from the dealer yet with any news.
    Are the people with 3 small children going to put them in the 3rd row or will you do 3 carseats across the 2nd row?
    I am planning to do 3 across the 2nd row.

So do people think the x plan will discount the xc90 about $4000?

Karen
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 32,442
    how exactly do you find out if you are eligible (that is, does it extend to your company). Just curious, because my firm handles some HR outsourcing work of Ford plans.

Never know when it might come in handy.

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

• I purchased an S60 2.4 T in May and saved approximately $4000 off retail under the A plan. I believe with a loaded XC 90 your estimate of a 4,000 discount with the X plan should be close.

I have two young kids and one on the way. The three rows of seats should work well.
  • Forbes.com has the most comprehensive drive impression that I have seen to date and states ... Best New Luxury SUV. Here is the link.

http://www.forbes.com/2002/08/19/0819feat.html

"Half Backs", funny... So, you get a lot of New Yorkers too, huh. Yeah, they seem to come down here to Florida first, did not know they went back up, well at least, half up. :) Hopefully, their driving skills were not acquired from Florida as it seems this state has the worst drivers in the US. Turn-signals? Those things seem like an option on most cars here as nobody uses them. Thanks for informing me about the HID dimming.

Haven't been to NC, my wife has been dying to go to the Biltmore Estate and to check out the furniture stores. Hopefully, one of these days when the Twins are a bit older.
    ladbrandy, when you placed your downpayment, did your dealer agree to sell the XC90 at X-Plan price?

If I had 3 kids in child seats, I would put them all across the 2nd row.

stickguy, you might have to inquire with your HR department as there is a code that you need to get the PIN.