Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    No. 18.5 is selling price after rebate for LE 4 cyl AT with VSC and floor mats

tax, doc fee, plates are on top of that.
  • Options
    lancelotglancelotg Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for your reply, bstime.

my price of 19.5k includes about 550 tax (3%) and $134 for a new tag, $13.60 for state inspection, $499 for documentation.

So actually, before the tax and these fees, the price is less 18.5k.

However, I still think it is too expensive in term of this bad economy.
  • Options
    bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    thanks lancelotg. The best pricing I have seen these days is about 18-19 before fees and taxes so i think you did well and I'm comfortable with what I paid. I

Question, did you get the Stability control (VSC) ? (I added this in, its an option on the '09's but will be standard on all '10 Camry's which come out next month)

re: economy. I shopped Honda, Subaru, Toyota, Audi, bmw, lexus. Not a lot of killers deals out there compared to the domestic deals but I think they are reasonable. . Domestic GM, etc that's where the crazy pricing is.
  • Options
    they didn't mention VSC and floor mats, I check that both of them are about more than 600 bucks. So without these two, I should make a call of 19k instead of 19.5K
  • Options
    mm9mm9 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for Camry SE or XLE with ESC in the Seattle area. Would like to know what you aid for yours. Other than the $1500 cash back, are there other deals out there? Thanks!
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    I wanted to know what people are paying in Tampa area for the 09 Camry LEs. It seems like there are no deals out the considering that we are in a recession and Toyota sales were the worst in 70 years.
  • Options
    maennjmaennj Member Posts: 20
    Hi all

I have three questions,
    1- How much do you estimate a lease for 2009 Camry SE manual transmission which has MSRP of $21,815 according to Toyota website
    2- Why most of websites give an MSRP that is higher than the one listed in Toyota website ? I mean shouldn't be the same or maybe $750 more for dest. charges?
    3- I know 2010 models will be out soon, my question is : will be there 2009 leases when they are out ? I'm just worried that the prices will go up for the new 2010 models ?

Thanks
  • Options
    eddiehaskell1eddiehaskell1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi. I'm also in NC. Can you tell me what dealer you went to? I've looked around a little in Charlotte and the best price I've got is $19,500 + tax for an auto LE. I'd like to be under under that after TTT.

I'm also a recent college grad, so I wonder if they would let me get the grad rebate ($400) an top of the other rebate. If I could get under $19k out the door, I'd be happy.
  • Options
    joelyjoely Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone,
    I got a quote for $19,045 (plus tax), so out the door price will be $20,949.-
    I want your opinion if this is a good price or should I look further. Please reply. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    maddox1maddox1 Member Posts: 3
    Can you elaborate a little bit? what are the optional packages you have? is it standard camry LE with moonroof? Then 17,000 may be best price to start with
  • Options
    joelyjoely Member Posts: 12
    Hi maddox1, Thanks for your reply.

The moonroof package comes with the alloy wheel. Other than that its a standard Camry LE, I think. So, you think I should ask for $17K? I think its pretty hard to ask for that because so far the dealers don't want to budge. One dealer quoted me $18,995 but they only can sell me the white color. I don't like white color. I think that if I'm going to spend close to 20K then I should have choices in color.

I feel so discourage now. Should I just email the dealer to say that I want 17K starting price for 2009 Camry LE with moonroof? Can you give me some suggestions? Thank you!!!
  • Options
    $400 for new graduates, you have to finance with them.

19500+tax is too expensive. I can get lower.
  • Options
    sparklinkssparklinks Member Posts: 18
    Watertown Toyota, MA...now the rebate is $1750 so you should get $250 less than me.
  • Options
    ransayransay Member Posts: 2
    I got a recent quote of $ 21,800 OTD w/o rebate and w/o VSC in Chicago area.
    Any other people out here with a better price expereince in Chicago area?
  • Options
    chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    Carmax in Gurnee sells new Camrys. You can find prices online at www.carmax.com .
  • Options
    arow2qzarow2qz Member Posts: 1
    Bought a basic Camry hybrid with mats in mid-January at Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, MD for $25,768. Got it in black - hard to find, most are silver.
  • Options
    ls09ls09 Member Posts: 6
    What dealer did you go to? I'm looking for a Camry CE in Los Angeles. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    eddieraseddieras Member Posts: 49
    Anyone have any idea what new incentives will be coming in March - if any??
  • Options
    anyone have any ideas as to upcoming incentives in March?? (sorry for the dup)
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I have heard that nobody knows until the actual day incentives start.
  • Options
    thanks- i was afraid of that. makes it difficult to figure out if i should jump on the $1250 incentive or roll the dice and wait.

trouble is i'm new to the toyota shopping scene - having just started a week ago, so i'm unsure if the $1250 is really good and i also haven't even been to the dealer yet to check out the car in person. i know what i want and have gotten some good email quotes... but i'm trying to figure if i should rush it to get the $1250 or take my time and hope something else attractive comes available.

typically - how are the incentives - is the $1250 one of their better ones? the sales person told me the incentives are getting worse- but who knows of if i can believe her!
  • Options
    rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    there should be a 1500.00 rebate ask them where the other 250.00 went.
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I think incentives vary based on location, so $1,250 might be right. Check the Edmunds pricing - you have to put in a zip code. How are the incentives? $1,250 is extremely good for a Camry - normally, you get nothing, but the economy is so bad that even Toyota has incentives. It almost makes me want to buy a car this year instead of next.
  • Options
    oak912oak912 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a standard 09 LE automatic in Newark, OH and paid $17898 before tax and document fees. I believe the MSRP is $22,600. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Yes, very good.
  • Options
    maddox1maddox1 Member Posts: 3
    There was a 2000 rebate during President's day weekend. Now it is 1500.
    You can always ask them to match the 2000 rebate. If you can wait some more time, there should be a great deal ahead..economy is not good and it is going to get worse, car dealers want to get rid of inventory
  • Options
    that's what i'm thinking - and hoping. i decided to hold off for now and see what March brings -
  • Options
    wildetoyotawildetoyota Member Posts: 5
    If you are referring to the Sienna programs, those are getting worse tomorrow - the Sienna rebate will be $1,000 and there will no longer be the special lease rate from Toyota. So if you are thinking of rolling the dice to save more money, I wouldn't recommend that.
  • Options
    pp1982pp1982 Member Posts: 4
    Is the price of $22,213.60 plus 3% tax, $134 for a new tag, $13.60 for state inspection, $499 for documentation fee good for 2009 Toyota Camry LE V6 Auto sedan. MSRP for this car is $24,908.30 plus leather ($1,210.00). Thanks.
  • Options
    nataliciousnatalicious Member Posts: 8
    Hello all,
    I'm a 29 y/o woman (budget-concious), I live in Piscataway, NJ and i'm trying to find a good Toyota Dealer in my area. I don't want to have to travel too far to buy but will if the price is right! I've gotten a few quotes, but they mainly want me to come in, BS with them & waste my time. I want to be in & out because I lose patience with pushy people ( i know it's their job). I'm trying to do thorough research but it's so overwhelming! At this point I think i've narrowed down my search to the following a 2008 Camry LE (whatever the mid level one is) or a 2008 SE. I'm 5'9 & I need something that will fit me, I hate little cars ( I used to have a 93 duster in College & grad school). I don't have kids to load into whatever I choose but I want to have space in the car for me. I don't drive to work, so that's not a concern at the moment. My car doesn't have to be new, I just want something reliable, nice looking and won't give me tons of problems. If I go new it will be my first BRAND NEW CAR, my Duster was a whopping $500 :blush: and she ran from Delhi, NY, to maryland, PA & Buffalo, NY. I currently don't own a car but need one where I live.

Here are the things i'd like your advice on:
    -Should I go with a New or Used Camry? What's the better deal in your opinion?
    -Is certified used a good option?
    -What year, model do you recommend for me?
    -If I go with something older could I get it fully loaded for less?
    -Is it worth it to get a V6 or should I just get a V4?
    -How much did you pay for your Camry (including taxes & fees)?
    -Are there things that you recommend that I ask at the Dealerships?
    -What dealership did you buy from, where should I avoid at all costs?
    -Do you recommend buying out of state?
    -If I buy out of state, do I pay for the state of purchase taxes & NJ taxes on it?

I'm open to all your suggestions!

Thank you for reading!
  • Options
    Used Camrys are not that cheap, so you may want to think about just getting a new one. Toyota is currently offering a $1750 rebate on a new 2009 Camry (until 3/31). That is because the 2010 Camry is out, so they want to get rid of the 2009 stock. You can look at www.fitzmall.com for the most competitive prices.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    You pay the state taxes where you reside.

Check www.fitzmall.com. They have a great online website so you can shop in convenience from your terminal. They have a Toyota dealership in Gaithersburg, MD and another in Chambersburg PA, both reasonable drives for you.

At a minimum, it gives you a good price point to compare local dealerships against.....and you can always walk out of the local dealership if you don't like the pressure or it doesn't compare favorably. This should be a very easy and painless purchase for you, given the state of the economy. You could do this in an hour, if you are knowledgeable about what you want.
  • Options
    eazyc10eazyc10 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone gotten any hybrid pricing lately? I was offered $29,000 for a 2009 Camry Hybrid with Navigation, Leather, Moonroof, remote start, mats, heated package. This does not include the $1500 cash rebate either.

According the Edmunds the pricing is already below invoice!
  • Options
    dacarpenterdacarpenter Member Posts: 10
    Requested quotes from few local Midwest dealers, got offers at $26K for hybrid with alloys,leather, moonroof,mats, went yesterday in to test drive one with exact equipment you asking price for-pretty good ride, did not like leather-feels cheap. Sales guy was trying to impress by demonstrating "advanced" voice command feature on nav system, made fool of himself: nav did not recognized neither "hospital" nor "ATM"...Nope, not impressed.
    When we're done with test driving, got an offer to buy today for $29,957!!! (msrp was $32,7XX ( nav, leather, moonroof PLUS remote start ( dealer's add on, though salesman swore that "they never do add something like remote" :shades: and applique. I said to him that could be bying such car ( except remote and applique) for $26,8XX all day long ( fitzmall).
    One thing is never changing-car sales people :sick:
  • Options
    mass0617mass0617 Member Posts: 4
    The dealers are quite anxious to move the 2009 Camrys to make room for the 2010 model. I picked up a 2009 base camry with manual transmission for under $16K in Mass.
  • Options
    hvtec2002hvtec2002 Member Posts: 19
    I got mine Camry SE 09 I4 A/T with QC, SR, EJ, VS, R7, and EH OTD for 24200. Blue color and MD tax is 6%.
  • Options
    mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    What dealer/where did you get that deal and did it involve a trade?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mevander1mevander1 Member Posts: 43
    Re: economy. Toyota lost (first time!) a boat load of $$ and great deals should be there. I have seem 3000.00 difference from best deal to worst re: prices on 'seemingly' equipped cars.
  • Options
    palma3palma3 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I just got 2 offers, and not sure which one to go for.
    1,Toyota camry LE 2009,used 9000miles for $ 17000+ tax+fee OR
    2,Brand new (2009) LE for $18500 after rebate+tax+fee, any good advice
    is appreciated.
  • Options
    thedrakethedrake Member Posts: 14
    palma3, I think you can get a better price on the used 09, because last month I bought a "used" 2009 LE with only 2000 miles for 16590 + ttl.
  • Options
    palma3palma3 Member Posts: 2
    Hmm, I called the dealer yesterday and offered him $16500 and they refused.
    I wonder if they expect me to call back, which I'm not going to do.
    Thanks the Drake for sharing your experience.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    new LE for 17.9K

You don't indicate how much the dealer 'fee' is (on top of your stated price), but depending on your geography you should be able to do better.
  • Options
    michaelpsumichaelpsu Member Posts: 24
    I saw the above post about Fitzmall.com on Sunday night...had never heard of them before. I was blown away by their 'internet prices' I headed out right after work on Monday and made the 90 minute drive down. I got an '09 SE 4cyl auto with moonroof, JBL, spoiler, and stability control. Sticker 26,460 bought it for less than 21,200. It ended up being almost 1300 under invoice after the rebate. (My car has a build date of 2-09 so it just hit the lot.) They also gave me just 300 under KBB trade for my 06 Rav4 Limited...mentioning that they needed to repaint the rear bumper to fix some scratches...which was true. AND...they gave me 5.6% for 60 months which was less than the rate at my credit union!

I have purchased six cars in the past eleven years...and this was by far the most pleasant, hassle-free experience that I have EVER had. I didn't even have a 'manager' come out to talk to me. And talk about customer service and follow up...I have had three phone calls and gotten a survey in the mail from them already. WOW!

My salesman was a very nice guy as well. Very professional...no pressure. If you want his name...send me a message and I will let you know who it was.

I will certainly be a repeat customer there. In fact...my brother and his fiance are thinking about trading their Corolla there. Fitzgerald deals are waaaaaaay better than anything I have been able to find in Central PA!
  • Options
    hvtec2002hvtec2002 Member Posts: 19
    "What dealer/where did you get that deal and did it involve a trade?"

No Trade. I bought my at 12214 Cherry Hill Rd
    Silver Spring, MD 20904.
  • Options
    tsx06tsx06 Member Posts: 11
    Hello all, just bought the 09 camry LE in So. Cal. dealer with 2.9% financing for $22,000 OTD. Tax here in CA is 8.25%. Please feel free to give any comment.
  • Options
    hmshahhmshah Member Posts: 13
    Heyy, I am in Houston, Texas. Looking for a new Automatic Camry LE with window tint, carpet mats and mud guards. I have a $20,400 OTD quote AFTER $1500 camry and $500 toyota owner rebates. Or I can get $21,900 with 0%APR for 3 years. You guys think its a good deal or should I try to bring it down further?
    Thanks
  • Options
    marvelous_onemarvelous_one Member Posts: 6
    I have a quote from 2 dealerships for a 2010 SE 4 cyl, smart key, spoiler, moonroof
    AM/FM CD Sat radio
    Price is at 23650 + 1000 after market leather + 129 processing fee.
    Car is being built, I can have it in 4 weeks.
    No incentives.
    Does this sound like a decent deal or am I crazy for buying 2010?
    I want the increased HP @ 179 for the 2010
    Thanks
  • Options
    dcbzdcbz Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone kindly provide OTD of 09 Camry LE with VSC? I got a OTD quotation for 09 Camry LE (no any more options) is 19.2K, is that possible I simply guess the OTD for 09 Camry LE with VSC as 19.2K+0.5K(invoice for VSC)? I from east PA, close to NJ. Appreciate your help ans answer.
  • Options
    chintan32chintan32 Member Posts: 113
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a larger vehicle but had considered a smaller vehicle when gas prices were high. Or if you're holding off on buying a small car because of the downturn in the economy. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Thursday, March 19, 2009.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    kelly09kelly09 Member Posts: 3
    we are interested in the same thing--2009 THC fully loaded with nav. how much did you actually pay?