Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mikeycamikeyca Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted $26,500 for this Camry in California

2010 Camry SE V6 (auto)
    + JBL stereo
    + Sports convenience PKG
    + Preferred premium PKG
    + Moonroof
    + Color keyed rear lip spoiler

Its sticker was at $29,314... Is this about as good of a deal as I can get?
  • Options
    kareninmakareninma Member Posts: 4
    The Ira Motor Group (they have a few toyota dealerships in MA) is offering $17,900 (not including $295 doc, 5% tax and 95-111 registration), so that's 19,185 OTD for an in-stock 2009 Camry LE Auto.

I've requested internet prices from other dealers and no one is below $18,600 w/o TTR and including the $1000 toyota rebate they have right now.

Question is - is this the best deal? Anyone deal with Ira - will they negotiate lower than this?
  • Options
    abchin486abchin486 Member Posts: 78
    Boch Toyota will beat it...Prime, Herb Chambers and Benardi should also. Just go there with the bottom line price AND mention the dealership you got it from. I honestly do not like IRA. I bought a Corolla from Boch a month ago. I tried to get ira to match. They just said..."we will not be beat by price". OK....well....then what is your price and do you have it in white. Their reponse: "We will not be beat on price...Color is not a problem"

So, I finally just called them....Their reponse, "We will not be beat by price...come on down so we can talk".

Ok...I am not gonna travel 45 minutes out of my way just so you can match a price.

I just went to other dealers told them what quote I got, and lots of them knew I got that quote from boch.
  • Options
    kareninmakareninma Member Posts: 4
    I got a call from Acton Toyota of Littleton (that name makes me laugh every time I see it), she said they would match any price, I told her about the ira deal (its listed on their website), she told me that its a scam, it must include the college pricing and require financing (I called them back and they said no, the college rebate would be on top of that if I qualified and it did not require financing). She said we will match any deal in writing. I said how much will you beat it by? She said we will match it. I said well why should I leave a dealership giving me a good deal only to go to you to get the same deal? She said (not in a nice way) 'I'll give you $50 bucks if that will make you happy". It was quite hilarious, she didn't want to acknowledge that matching a deal is useless you need to beat it to make it worth my while. Then she kept telling me to go to dealerrating.com and I'd see how bad ira is. Well I went there, sure Acton is at the top of the ratings, because both dealerships have so obviously been posting positive ratings, there is just no way that many people gave those dealerships a 5/5 and raved about their experience. Too funny.

Did you get the quotes from those (Boch, etc) online or go there in person?
  • Options
    Go to Boch.com...

find the car you want (they have alot) through their online inventory. Make them an offer through the "make an offer link". Be aggressive, but not something too agressive like 16K. The online guy there is nice and will usually try to reason with you if he cannot take your offer.

I would not do it in person. You either go to boch for one of two reasons:

to over pay or to get a really good deal. They have some pretty sly sales managers there, and some of the sales people just want that big pay check (most online people get paid by volume, not by each sale).

Here is the important part.....

specify that price WITH the financing options you want in the comments section when you make an offer. If you do not...they may bring you in and when you get to signing the papers and say that you cannot do taht price with the financing.

The rest of the dealerships, just do the same, but do not be too agressive until they get in contact with you. They know Boch is close to them, so they will be agressive once you get a quote from boch.

As for Toyota of Acton....yeah...I find that the further you get away from boston and the metrowest area, the higher the prices go. Toyota of Nashua is usually always the highest in terms of pricing. They have a very agressive sales team....and I mean aggressive as in they get the most profit they can and they are not afraid to let you walk out.
  • Options
    flightsimmerflightsimmer Member Posts: 15
    Hi
    Just test drove a 1995 camry LE. (95K mi) Automatic. Looked very clean, regularly maintained. Only problem was "sticky" power mirrors. Aftermarket AM/FM CD and fog lights. Dealer wants $4500 plus tax/tags. Is this too much?
  • Options
    dreamk1dreamk1 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys, i live in brooklyn NY zip here is 11229..im looking for the best price quote in this area if anyone knows for an '09 Camry LE.. any dealership quotes anyone had experience with would be much appreciated. thank you!!
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    at 95K you are due for a new timing belt and water pump. That'll set you back about 500-1000 bucks if you are paying someone to do it. Dealer cost to do it would be less. I would not take the salesmans word for it that it has been done, unless they show you a specific service work order and proof.
  • Options
    simonliu315simonliu315 Member Posts: 1
    I was just quoted $26,500 for this Camry in California

2010 Camry SE V6 (auto)
    + JBL stereo
    + Sports convenience PKG
    + Preferred premium PKG
    + Moonroof
    + Color keyed rear lip spoiler

Its sticker was at $29,314... Is this about as good of a deal as I can get?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Is that OTD? Which part of California are you in? I am at San Diego and looking for a 2010 Camry.
  • Options
    alrightwmealrightwme Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2009 Camry LE Automatic, Alloy wheel with sun/moon roof What is a price in this area?
  • Options
    lexus_nelexus_ne Member Posts: 5
    Today I purchased a 2009 Camry LE Auto. During last several days I spent quite a few hours on Internet to search the best OTD price in MA, and visited 3 dealerships.

First it is not easy to compare the OTD prices in different regions in the US because the rebate amount depends on the region. In New England the rebate is $1,000; in the greater NY area and Midwest, the rebate is $1,500. In the gulf states the rebate is $2,000. Therefore, an excellent OTD price in MA may not be a good OTD price in a southern state for the same model and car.

Second the sale's tax varies from state to state.

I believe I got an excellent OTD price: $19,259.50
    MSRP: $22,569
    sales tax rate : 5%
    doc fee: $250
    This is a cash purchase without trade-in.

If any one got a better OTD price in MA, please post your numbers.

BTW, I contacted a dealership by phone, which was mentioned in a previous post. Their special price ($17,900) posted on their website only applies to their demo cars with several thousand miles on odometer.
  • Options
    yeah...lowest I could get it was 18,600. I put the 17,900 numbers infront of a few dealers and they told me to fly a kite (including boch).
  • Options
    motranlmotranl Member Posts: 3
    I'm in Michigan I purchased 2009 LE Automatic, Alloy wheel with sun/moon roof and floor/trunk mat for $20,500 total OTD included tax (tax in michigan 6%) MRSP was $23,919, I'm not sure if that a good deal but the Toyota rebate was $2,000
  • Options
    ring1ring1 Member Posts: 2
    lexus_ne,

Would you please share the dealership name? I am going to buy a 2009 Camry LE. Last week I went to the herb chambers brookline, but didn't work out.
  • Options
    mikeycamikeyca Member Posts: 2
    Update: I bought it!

- Sticker - $29,314
    - Invoice -- $26,370
    - Paid ----- $26,450 (invoice + $80)

- OTD ----- $29,121

...if you factor in the interest costs of their 3.9% / 60mo financing, the total cost went up an approximate $1,900.

simonliu315, I live in Burbank but purchased in North Bakersfield. Apparently the SoCal "district" is from San Diego to the San Joaquin Valley.
  • Options
    lexus_nelexus_ne Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 2009 Camry LE Auto from one of dealerships in the south shore of Boston; the doc fee of $250 may pinpoint the specific dealership. Potentially you can get an OTD price like mine from any one of these dealers. This month they can offer such a low price in a few (but only a few) deals. Next month they might be able to make more deals at such OTD prices, but the selection will be limited because their inventory will be smaller.

I believe the most important is the strategy you play during negotiation. If you say something like: “my friend bought a 2009 Camry LE Auto from the XYZ dealer with the OTD price of $19,260,” they will not believe you. Here is how I did:

1. I went to a dealership with a lot of printouts from Internet/email and a calculator, showing I did a thorough research.

2. I proved (showed them with evidence) that I could buy a 2009 Camry LE Auto (MSRP: $22,569) from the XYZ dealer with price of $18,000 before TTL and doc fee, and asked them to match the price.

3. The obvious question they asked was: Why didn’t you buy one from the XYZ?” I answered: “The XYZ dealership does not have a camry LE Auto with the combination of the exterior and interior colors I want to buy.”

4. They showed me a paper sheet, and told they would lose money if they offered $18,000 before TTL/doc. But I insisted and gave them the impression that I would leave if I did not get such a price. I showed them I was sincere and ready to buy one immediately.

5. After about 15-minute intensive negotiation, they finally agreed my price of $18,000 before TTL/doc.

I gained a lot of tips from Edmuds.com’s forums, and hope other buyers can share their buying experience as well.
  • Options
    ring1ring1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for replying. It looks like I need to playing negotiation (which I am not good on it).
  • Options
    johnk8johnk8 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased 2009 Camry LE Auto Transmission today in Atlanta...

car price : 16800
    sales tax 7%
    doc fees 599

OTD price is : 18,700
  • Options
    scwamscwam Member Posts: 3
    ****SET Distributors deliberately hiding $2000 rebate incentive*****
    Unethical practices of the Southeast Toyota region has decided to hide the incentive increase on May 19th from $1000 to $2000. I have confirmed with SouthEast dealers that the $2000 is available in the region with no answer to why it hidden by the regional distributor. The fact that I used to work at TMMC, I find this very unethical. I have emailed TMMC's marketing department for an answer why SET has elected to not disclose the incentive increase on May 19th. I think that TMMC should be enforcing the market incentives they advertise and not take a benign attitude towards indecent practices and non-disclosures. I will report back TMMC's response or lack of soon.

To the poster above, you got a nice price.
  • Options
    tarrycollinstarrycollins Member Posts: 6
    This is exactly the reason why you should contact multiple dealerships with a request for pricing INCLUDING all rebates/incentives. It should be easy to see which dealerships are keeping the incentives hidden.

FYI, here's the email and phone script I used to contact dealers:

http://www.realcartips.com/articles/carbuying/how-to-buy-a-new-car.html
  • Options
    1lpn1lpn Member Posts: 11
    My config for the 2009 V6 SE in white:

SR -- Sunroof Package
    EJ -- JBL AM/FM CD Changer w/8 Speakers
    QB -- Sport Convenience Package
    RF -- Rear Spoiler
    CF -- Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat Set

The MSRP was 28,800, the sale price including the 2k rebate was 23,895 + 55 doc fee + TTL. Another dealer called me while I was signing the papers with a 23,775 deal, so there is a few more $$ to play with here, probably down to 23,500 or so. I put 6,000 down + 2,000 rebate for total equity of 8,000. I financed the rest at 5.00% (5.75% - 0.5% for equity - 0.25% TFS Encore program). My credit score is 800+. At this dealership (Toyota of Hollywood, CA) they had only one with this config, but there are a few more around SoCal if one searches their inventory (tedious, but worth it.)

Now I need to sell my well taken care of 2002 Camry V6 SE in white, exactly the same config as the new one. Anyone interested?
  • Options
    james108james108 Member Posts: 34
    $4500 off MSRP for I4 and $5500 off MSRP for v6 should be fine in Bay area :)
  • Options
    rhatnsdlrhatnsdl Member Posts: 1
    Hi, johnk8.
    Can you share the dealership information with me?
    I am planing to buy Camry LE Auto at Atlanta, GA.
    It would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  • Options
    johnk8johnk8 Member Posts: 2
    Nalley toyota, alpharetta...Tony is the sales person, and he is a nice guy.
  • Options
    hoskyhosky Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for a Camry LE 2009 w/auto in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I have a quote for the following:

CF - Mats
    A1 - Alloy wheels
    P4 - Vehicle Shield Package
    ET - Etch
    L2 - Leather
    TI - Window Tint

There are a couple of other nonessential addons, but those are the material ones. The MSRP is $26,854 and they are offering $21,459 + TTL (includes destination charge already, but does not include tax, title and license). The Gulf States manuf rebate is $2000 currently for the 09 camry's. I am not doing a trade-in and will not be financing it through Toyota (taking the $2k instead).

Any thoughts on the quote or any other DFW people that have similar quotes. Helpful if you post all of the information above so people from different areas can use the info. I've read a lot of the posts on this forum and they could be more helpful if more information were included. Let me know if you are missing any information from my post that would help you.
  • Options
    Bought/ordered :

2010 Camry LE Automatic, no options added
    (BASE 21,900 MSRP + $775 Dest charge) = $22,675 MSRP.

Paid $23,000 Out the door

Base Price with Destination charge came to $21,000 even.

Rest is FL Dealer fee, TAX, TAG, Title Transfer.

What do the rest of you think?
    They were so STUBBORN and did not want to budge any more at all on all models.

STUBBORN OUT THE DOOR PRICES IN N. Florida:

2009 Camry LE AUTO no options $20,700 (is $18,900 base including dest charge)
    2010 Camry SE AUTO with leather package and sports package/sunroof ~ $26,500 OTD.

NOTE: 2009 Camry and 2010 Camry Engines are different. Some 09 Engines are made in japan, but some in America (mostly). With the 2010 it seemed both engine and transmission are made in Japan. Oddly even with the 2010 having both engine and transmission made in Japan, the foreign parts is 20% from japan where the 09 is 25% from Japan (????)
    I used to work at the plant and found this odd. The serpentine belt was really thin on the 10 and there seemed to be a transmission filter on it too. I noticed also that the LE's engine on 09/10 sounded quieter over the 09 SE.
  • Options
    You are getting the largest rebate in the nation. The dealer could also be getting $1000 that he is not disclosing. The florida dealers are saying that's what they get and DENY the customer cash back is more than $1000. They are claiming dealer rebate is just that ($1000) and customer is just the same ($1000).
  • Options
    lwillettlwillett Member Posts: 3
    My best so far was 19,979.00 for LE auto, shield package, alloy wheels, and mats.
    I didn't take it. Thought it was too high.

Vandergriff Toyota has on their Website 2009 LE automatic for $18,472.00. Don't know if it for real.

Found most dealers amazingly stiil not wanting to do honest deals, they want to jump through the same old hoops, the dog & pony show.

Maybe Vendergriff will be for real??
  • Options
    mikeflemmikeflem Member Posts: 1
    I live in Washington state (Seattle area) and so far the best deal I've been told is $20,500. Anybody buy one in my area recently? Also, some dealers are telling me the 0% financing is actually 2.9% for 60 months while other are saying it's really 0 since May 19th (hope that makes sense). Thoughts?
  • Options
    Via email with the Internet Mgr at Vandergriff Toyote I was assured that the "many" $18,482.00 Camry LEs did exist.

I'll visit in the next couple fo days to look at their selection.
  • Options
    longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    what is the msrp for $18482 LE?
  • Options
    The ad doesn't really say.

The offer is on their splash screen at: http://vandergrifftoyota.com/Default.aspx

As I said I haven't actually visited the dealership yet.

So I am not holding my breath.
  • Options
    ilovecarilovecar Member Posts: 5
    Will you please share from what dealership in Atlanta you bought your Camry LE? More details on negotiation process will be especially helpful and is appreciated.
  • Options
    longboat2008longboat2008 Member Posts: 18
    Here in western New York, best deal I got for a 2009 Camry LE (msrp 22560) is 20300+TTL with 0%APR or 1500 rebate
  • Options
    jhdo4ejhdo4e Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I leased a '07 Camry SE in June 2006 for 48 mths w/ 15K per yr. I am within 5K miles of the limit even though I have one more year to go on the lease. I want to lease another Camry when this one is finished, but wanted to see what people out there thought. What should I do? I don't want to pay the overage in mileage. I checked w my local dealer and they didn't want to do anything, basically they just took the remaining payments I have left and priced it out in addition to a lease pymt w a new Camry and it was well over $600/mth. Anyone have any suggestions???
  • Options
    I guess a simpler way to look at this is from a financing perspective.

Take the 5 months of lease charges x 300 per month (an assumed old lease charge) = 1500 of money that is getting dumped into the new lease as extra cost. That 1500 ought to be in the neighborhood of an extra 40-50 per month (assuming 36 months at 10% interest).

So that means they are charging you 550 per month for you new camry, which is crazy outrageous.

You better ask them to break down the cost of that lease so you can see the details.

- You know the MSRP of the vehicle, find out the 'cost' of the vehicle (should be somewhere around invoice).
    - Understand how much of an additional rebate there is.
    - Understand their assumed residual value of the vehicle that they are using in the caclulation, and compare that to what residual % norms are for that year and make and model.
    - From a down and dirty perspective, The cost, minus the rebate, minus the residual, plus the loan/lease origination fees, is the amount that you have to finance over the new 3 year lease. Ask them for the interest rate they are charging you on the lease, and you can calculate with a financial calculator what the lease payment should be.
    - Find another leasing bank, for competitive pricing.
    - Find another dealer

You're paying Lexus like lease payments for a Toyota.
  • Options
    Forgot to write that you also add in the sales tax and dmv fees that get included
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    Take the 5 months of lease charges x 300 per month (an assumed old lease charge) = 1500 of money that is getting dumped into the new lease as extra cost. That 1500 ought to be in the neighborhood of an extra 40-50 per month (assuming 36 months at 10% interest).

I think it should be 12 months x 300 = 3600.
  • Options
    Geez,

Only got 2 hours of sleep last night, should go to sleep. Somehow I misread that and thought he said he had 5 months of lease remaining.

You are correct, with 12 months of lease charges remaining, that's 12 months x whatever the monthly lease charges are (assumed for illustrative purposes to be 300 / month).

$3600 rolled into a new lease, would be in the neighborhood of about 115 per month (assumed 10% interest), of the proposed 600 per month new lease. These are only rough estimates, don't know what the interest rate they're charging you is, nor know what the old monthly lease charges are, or whether there are any other charges buried into the contract language.
  • Options
    bfreeman333bfreeman333 Member Posts: 12
    I thought you got a good deal so I went to that same dealership (Toyota of Hollywood, CA) and I looked up the new 2010 Toyota Camry...

I was really excited to find a 2010 Toyota Camry 3.5L Automatic LE V62010 Toyota Camry 3.5L Automatic LE V6 trim in Classic Silver Metallic brand nes for only $25,570!!! That's just about $1500 more than you paid for a 2009 just a few days ago... I think this sounds like a pretty sweet deal.
  • Options
    brian_atlbrian_atl Member Posts: 2
    At World Toyota in Atlanta, Georgia, we just bought a 2009 Camry Hybrid with Nav, leather, sunroof, black exterior. Window sticker was $32,128, Invoice was $29,717, and we paid $26,000.

We had a good experience at World Toyota too. This was not the case at another Toyota dealer in North Atlanta.
  • Options
    If you notice my original post, it was an SE with JBL, sunroof, etc, so it's not a valid comparison. A 2010 SE V6 equiped like mine carries a much larger premuim than $1500 for a bare LE V6. If I were in the market for an I4 model, I would have waited for some discounts on the 2010 with the 2.5L engine. But the V6 is the same, and the minor changes don't justify the premium.
  • Options
    One more thing....

The V6 is an absolute animal....Wow! Great transmission and ride too. I am very impressed. The black interior will turn out to be high maintenance cleaning wise, but I can't say enough how well this car rides. It makes my 2002 SE V6 seem flimsy. Those that complain about how the interior is poorer, are really missing the BIG improvements everywhere else. I have no regrets whatsoever. Very good value for money.

Those fools in their BMW's are car rich and cash poor. I will hold a moment of silence for them...
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Test drove the XLE 10 and was impressed. I was wondering if anyone has brought an 2010 XLE yet? If so, what did you pay?

Thanks
  • Options
    nothingbutnothingbut Member Posts: 1
    Paid just below invoice for 2010 Camry XLE 4cyl with leather and heated seats in Bay Area, CA.
  • Options
    Wow, did you haggle for a long time? I forgot include that I am looking at the V-6.
  • Options
    lux_beelux_bee Member Posts: 5
    I got a deal for the exact same trim/option $600 below invoice(~$24600) in Mass. I will pick up the car next week. I also get low financing (2.9% for 48mon). I will go for it.
  • Options
    I hope I can get it below invoice. Im in SE PA.
  • Options
    SE Pa....you can check out www.fitzmall.com for no hassle comparison pricing at either their Chambersburg, PA or Gaithersburg, MD facilities. That will give you a good reference point for local negotiations.
  • Options
    Just wondering if they will honor the price from MD?

Thanks.