Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hkalvahkalva Member Posts: 2
    Did you get the TCH. I best quote I got so far is 26,499 + TTL. This includes the 1,500 rebate from toyota. The MSRP on this one is 32,219.

Thanks
  • Options
    ralphwiggum1ralphwiggum1 Member Posts: 31
    the best price that i found around minnesota (minneapolis area) is $18600. that seems really poor compared to a lot of the deals i'm seeing in this forum. anyone find a better deal in this area?
  • Options
    michaelsr1michaelsr1 Member Posts: 1
    May I know the dealer ship name?
  • Options
    mnssmnss Member Posts: 3
    I have paid 21,250 + TTL = 23K for LE with Leather heated, Sun roof and Alloy wheels + all weather floor mats. I got this from Rudy luther (minneapolis).
    Purchase date 3/31/09.
  • Options
    helenewhelenew Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a Camry LE in NJ too. Have you got a good deal?
  • Options
    headingoutheadingout Member Posts: 1
    Where did you buy this baby? I am in the great state of New Jersey -- This price works for me on a V-6. This would be my preference --

The runner up would be a lease on the LE - 4 cyl. with power driver seat --
    was quoted $320.00 a month, with full gap, $500.00 down includes first month payment, 36 months, tax included. Can I do better? If so where? Not afraid to travel for a deal
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Run on down to fitzmall, or at a minimum use them for price comparisons on the east coast.

www.fitzmall.com
  • Options
    tm0711tm0711 Member Posts: 2
    i have been to/spoken with half dozen dealerships in NY/NJ and have received "best price" quotes from $26,250 through $30,082 after application of the $2500 rebate so your price sounds pretty good especially since rebate in your area was only $1,500. the quotes were for fully loaded--nav pkg, leather, heated mirrors etc
  • Options
    cappy44cappy44 Member Posts: 4
    I wish I was making that up.

I visited Mike Calvert Toyota (Houston) on Monday, April 27.

They gave me that price, minus $2,000, right off the bat and said that was pretty much their only offer. I tried to counter-offer, and the sales guy and a supposedly more senior guy said that was their price, and their invoice was around $21,700. This is a basic LE (no sunroof, alloy wheels, 6-CD changer, or anything like that). It is the one with the automatic transmission, of course. I rarely even see a manual one anyway.

Anyone else having an experience like that where the dealer simply doesn't want to budge off their price? I've never encountered anything like that before, in almost 20 years of car buying. I presume they made sales for April and don't care. I was going to pay cash, no financing.
  • Options
    hmshahhmshah Member Posts: 13
    I bought a 2009 Camry LE in March with no options for $19.800 OTD with window tint and carpet floor from Champion Toyota, Houston. This is LE with no potions (no allow wheels, no moon roof, no cd changer). I used $1k toyota rebate, toyota owner rebates, and I think they also used my graduate discount. Camry now has $2k rebate so I think you can get a similar deal, if not better. Let me know if any of you want to visit the dealership.
  • Options
    Thanks! I will try them and some of the others. Presumably, Mike Calvert is doing *just great* and doesn't really need any sales. If anyone wants to do them a favor and pay $1,500 over invoice, they're welcome, of course. The sales guy told me their invoice on that car was $21,700 (amusing, since their own website shows the MSRP for it starting at $21,650 - so it's invoiced above starting MSRP according to him).
  • Options
    I bought the Camry LE Automatic at Champion Toyota. Very smooth process. They were very professional and easy to work with. I paid $300 over what you paid, primarily because the deal was already nice and they were a lot better to work with than Mike Calvert, where I had absolutely the worst car buying experience ever, very rude and dismissive. I don't mind rewarding a well-run shop, and from what I observed, the difference between the two was night and day. I would highly recommend Champion to anyone else in the Houston area. Mike Calvert would be at the bottom of the list, as a dealer of last resort. I purchased from them before, in 2003, and it was painful then, although not as bad as last night.

To be more specific, the salesman offered me $1,000 for a 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe for trade-in. I told him it was worth considerably more. After I mentioned the Blue Book value (conservatively valued at "Fair" condition despite the fact that the timing belt package had been done in the last 20,000 miles, which includes water pump, plus all new wires, plugs, rotor, distributor cap, and fairly new tires and battery) he told me he would be surprised if we could get that much (AutoTrader has them priced starting $1,000 above the Blue Book price, by the way). He said if that was going to be a dealbreaker, we were through negotiating because he wasn't budging.

I proceeded, figuring I'd private sell it (I'd offered the trade-in only for convenience). When he gave me his price for the Camry LE, he said he was firm on it, never asked me to counter-offer, and said if we weren't interested we were free to leave. As we started to leave, he and his manager asked me what was wrong with their price. I told the manager it was considerably higher than my research indicated. He sarcastically asked if I'd done my research on the Internet and claimed the invoice on that basic Camry LE 4-cylinder (no options added) was $21,700. He said he doubted anyone could sell that car for any less, and that all dealers across the United States have exactly the same amount in the same cars (not true - inventory costs affect what a dealer has in a car, and Gulf States Toyota tends to aim higher than others.

I told him I'd been planning to buy the car and write a check. He blew that off and said whether it was cash or financing, it was all the same (technically true, except the very car I had test-driven a week earlier had been one the salesman said had been returned due to the customer failing to get approved for financing).

Anyway, if anyone cares for "no haggle pricing" at the maximum price, Mike Calvert is probably the place to go. They apparently don't seem to understand car negotiations.
  • Options
    jhouston09jhouston09 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, cappy44,

would you mind share the salesman's name at Champion Toyota? thanks.

James
  • Options
    jhouston09jhouston09 Member Posts: 5
    hi, hmshah, it sounds a good deal, would you mind share the salesman's name at Champion?
  • Options
    lux_beelux_bee Member Posts: 5
    I test drived a 2010 Camry XLE and really liked it. But the best price I got so far is 500 over invoice. While 2009 Camrys are on serious discount, should I buy a 09 model instead?
  • Options
    linhmanlinhman Member Posts: 5
    Thank you to those who have shared their buying experience. I was able to purchase Camry LE for the price of $20,200 OTD with owner rewards package in Irving TX. Cowboy Toyota also has very good price, but they did not have exactly what I wanted.
    Owner Rewards Package :
    •Body Side Molding
    •Nightvision Mirror Upgrade
    •Mud Guards
    •Rear Bumper Protector
    •Carpet Mat Set
    •Carpet Floor Mats
    •Rear Trunk Mat
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    How much less is a comparable 2009? I'd drive an '09 and see if the extra money for the 2010 is worth it.
  • Options
    The difference should be in the thousands. I got a pretty good quote on a 2010 XLE with heated leather @24691+tax,tag,doc. The 2009 model is $1500 less as of yesterday.
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    In my region, there is a 1,500 rebate on 2009 Camry, so that's the difference. But you could do better, because the $1,500 is from Toyota, not the dealer, and the dealer is trying to get rid of the 2009s. So the difference between '09 and '10 should be greater than the rebate amount. I just wonder how much more? Also, I would think the '10s have a little higher MSRP, so that enters into it also.
  • Options
    since the price I got for the 2010 XLE is 600 under invoice, The difference is about 1500. The invoice on a 09 XLE with heated leather and a bunch of other options that are made standard now on 2010, is 25933. So with all the incentives it won't go under 23000.
  • Options
    what is the doc fee for that dealership?
  • Options
    Doc fee: 250
  • Options
    valuehunter07valuehunter07 Member Posts: 31
    Anyone know what this entails?

I've been searching, and anytime you get close it says "check your local dealer", but when you go there, no special is listed.
  • Options
    I'm not sure we can do the sales people's names here. But it was through their Internet sales as the initial contact. I suspect anyone will work with you. Their atmosphere compared to Mike Calvert was like a night and day difference. Lots of apathy and sluggishness at Calvert. Champion runs smoothly, very professional operation. Not hard sales pitches either. Very customer oriented. Very minute attention to details. When I was at Calvert, they simply trotted out a car sheet for "a car that matched my wants" that I was never shown. At Champion, we walked out to pick one of the ones that matched what I wanted, and the sales guy made sure that was the car we were going to bargain on. At Champion, when we finished the sale, they had the finance guy come over for a preliminary chat (since usually that's the time when you're left along the longest) to find out what I would want when I got to his office, and for me to set my price for what I wanted to pay for the extended warranty. Just a very smooth, professional group overall. When we picked up the car, the salesman went over it outside with a tech, then the manager checked the vehicle one last time before we did.
  • Options
    tventtvent Member Posts: 17
    I'm interested in this vehicle and I want to know the going rate compared to Edmunds TMV. Has anyone purchased a 09 Camry hybrid recently, is so would you share your price and tax, title, license breakdown? Thanks.
  • Options
    jean31jean31 Member Posts: 2
    My dealer has offered 2009 Camry LE AT at invoice plus $200 with additional $2000 off from Toyota rebate with all add-ons at dealers cost. Do you think I can do better? I find it difficult to compare OTD prices when we are all talking about varying MSRP, taxes, etc. Total dollar amount ends up being about $4400 off MSRP. this isn't the exact car I want, so I am not "down to the wire " on it, I'm thinking he could take off the $200. Salesman is from "fleet/internet" area.
  • Options
    tventtvent Member Posts: 17
    My price quote for an XLE was around the same $4,562 off MSRP, that does not include taxes and tag, price does include processing and freight. I that sounds about right. Let me know if you find better prices, I'm also interested to see how it compares to hybrid models.
  • Options
    confused69confused69 Member Posts: 1
    I went to buy a Camry this weekend and when I showed the dealer my printed edmons.com price sheet they told me "this is like joeblow.com saying how much a car is worth". They ending up giving me a good deal but I was amazed that they would say something like this about this web-site. Dealership was "Toyota of West Kendell" in Miami, Fl. Has anyone else heard this from a dealership?
  • Options
    crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I am looking for a TCH 2009 in the Northern VA/MD/DC Metro area. I have received couple of quotes:

1. $26,003 OTD for TCH 2009 Upgrade package, Sunroof, Z1 & HM. [MSRP 29287.00]
    2. $28,491 OTD for TCH 2009 UT Package, SR, Z1, HM. [MSRP $ 32227.00]

Does this sound right?
    Also any recommendations for dealers in this area? The dealer reviews on edmunds for this area are 2 stars only.

Thanks,
    Annu
  • Options
    You don't list the MSRP's for the vehicles you reference, but check out:

www.fitzmall.com

Great online no-hassle dealership in your area. You can check your quotes against them.
  • Options
    Thanks. I will check the fitzmall.com. THE MSRP are noted below:

1. $26,003 OTD for TCH 2009 Upgrade package, Sunroof, Z1 & HM. [MSRP 29287.00]
    2. $28,491 OTD for TCH 2009 UT Package, SR, Z1, HM. [MSRP $ 32227.00]
  • Options
    laurieslauries Member Posts: 8
    Haven't signed anything yet but did make a phone commitment to a completely loaded 2010 XLE yesterday at Sterling McCall in Houston for $31,250. The car was on the lot with pretty much every option available. Navi, satellite, mudflaps, spoiler, body molding, tint etc. etc. etc. They also offered me $2K more for my '06 Lexus IS 350 than I was even hoping for in the best of circumstances. (I am sick and tired of putting tires on that car every year). It seemed like a pretty good deal. I had actually been looking at used Lexus (with tires you can rotate) and on a whim decided to go by Toyota...returned later...with spouse but I did the dealings. I was hoping for closer to $30K but given the money they offered for my car -- which I doubt anyone else would offer...well...
  • Options
    ncgncg Member Posts: 1
    I've finally pulled the trigger and got a 2009 Camry LE AT for $19,000 OTD (3% tax + doc fee +tags included) in Raleigh, NC. I've send emails to all the Toyota dealers on a 100 miles radius and to the Fitzway dealership in MD. Only 2 Raleigh dealers came close to what i wanted and i chose to do business with a very nice gentleman from Leith Toyota in Raleigh whom i met when i went there for a test drive. Email me If anybody interested in his name . I will certainly recomend him for future purchases.

PS:The MSRP was 22,594 + 399 doc fee.

I've tried to negociate with the Honda dealers in central NC but nobody wanted to go under $20,000 OTD for a 09 Accord LX (AT).
  • Options
    imagrandpaimagrandpa Member Posts: 3
    a friend bought a 09 LE Camry with Alloy Wheels and mats added
    for $20,600 drive out.
    Weatherford
  • Options
    I know for a fact that a 2009 LE can be had for $20,620 DRIVE OUT.
    That includes three options: Alloy wheel upgrade, mats, and some other
    option that cost $100, but added about $300 to the msrp. If it's any
    help, I remember the total MSRP was $23,777. There was a $2k rebate
    and the dealer knocked off a little too. The CASH PRICE out the door
    was $20,620.

I have been trying to get a 2010 for an equitable price. Of course, no
    rebate, but the dealers aren't wanting to budge much more than $500
    or $600 off of the MSRP. I never go for that $50 over cost BS.... that
    is a trap. I look for a % off of the MSRP. It should be at the least around
    TEN PERCENT.

It sure seems that the dealers are holding tight I suspect that they
    are making good money off of the Toyota rebates on the '09 model
    due to the fact they aren't discounting quite as much on each deal.
    I also suspect that since there are fewere transactions, when they
    see a buyer, they are wanting to "milk" the deal for all they can.
  • Options
    I was tempted to go for the '09 and get the $2k discount, but really think
    the better deal would be to go for the '10. I would expect that a motivated
    dealer would knock off around 10% from MSRP. The only options I need
    are the alloy wheels, day/night mirror and mats. My target price is $23k DO.

Frankly, I think the '10 is worth the $2k more. You get a bigger motor, 6 sp
    transmission, LED brakelights, vehicle stability control -- all standard now.
    A few other minor things and also a car one year newer. Normally, I don't
    see it that way, but in this case I do.
  • Options
    The latest quote I have is for $25,502.99 OTD for TCH 2009 Upgrade package, Sunroof, Z1 & HM. [MSRP $29,189.00]

Anyone in the DC/Northern VA/MD area who has bought a TCH recently and paid a different amount?
  • Options
    thummanuruthummanuru Member Posts: 1
    Could some one please tell me what is the best OTD price for 2009 camry LE in Memphis Tennesse area?
  • Options
    kris74kris74 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all

I plan to buy a new Camry LE 09 or 10 model, whats the best OTD price I can get around San Diego.. I live in Carlsbad..

Thanks in advance..

Kris
  • Options
    motranlmotranl Member Posts: 3
    where about in Ohio??? I'm looking for Camry too
  • Options
    sherif123sherif123 Member Posts: 6
    Hi I am Sherif123, please let me know which dealer you got that deal, one dealer in nj giving me the quote for the base lE for 22000, please email me to sgirgis@espeed.com the dealer name please
  • Options
    Please let me know which dealer you got this deal
    email it to sgirgis@espeed.com
  • Options
    I am looking for a good deals on 2010 camry in North/Central New jersey please
  • Options
    any good deals in NJ
  • Options
    motranlmotranl Member Posts: 3
    Any good deal in Detroit area?? or Michigan
  • Options
    paulpiercepaulpierce Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone who recently bought a Camry recommend a good dealer in San Diego Area?
  • Options
    djboutidjbouti Member Posts: 1
    Quoted $18,000 for a MSRP of $22,800 today in northwest florida. Can you tell me if that is a good price?

thanks,
    dj
  • Options
    It's usmually a good idea when buying a vehicle, to specify the year, model we know is a Camry, trim level and engine. There would be a big difference between a left over 2009 and a new 2010.

How much are their administrative fees, above and beyond tax, tag, and license?
  • Options
    mduartemduarte Member Posts: 7
    Any thoughts on pricing for a 2009 Camry CE, manual transmission(no frills). The salesperson said he would sell at invoice. We are in MA.
  • Options
    lexus_nelexus_ne Member Posts: 5
    If the dealer heeps the rebate, and you pay invoice, tax and TTL, the price at invoice may be high. If you keep the rebate and apply it to the final cost, it will be reasonable.

BTW, what dealer are you dealing with? I plan to buy Camry SE AT in MA too.The dealer close to my house is Boch Toyota in Norwood. I will do test drive in this memorial weekend.
    630-430-6676