Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 GMC Sierra

Comments

• blpnoblpno Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I read it wrong, I do what the SLT w/ the AN3 seats. What I'm a little lost on is that if you go with the AN3 seats you have to go with RGU (Comfort Group)and AG2(Pwr Seats). I found a cost sheet under Carwizard with this info. But if you look at Edmunds there is nothing about it. Do you know which one is right? I'm also looking to see if you may know what dealerships are taken over cost on this truck with the new 4dr Extended Cab SB.
  • afs11afs11 Member Posts: 86
    I can't help you with the price. I live in British Columbia, so the pricing is different from the US.

I think that carwizard is wrong with their information. You might want to check the "build your own" site at gmcanada.com. The US GMC site doesn't have this, I don't know why? I think that the GM site will have the right infomation over the other sites.
  • lumplump Member Posts: 11
    This is a question for (macjaws)

When you hear the growl at 40 mph and you press on the accelerator, does your transmission shift down to 4th or third. On mine at 40 mph I step on the accelerator it growls so I step on even more and by the time I get the accelerator down about 1/2 way they dam thing shifts down 3rd and it jumps up and go's. This in my opinion is shifting down to far the speed. I believe it should go down 4th first but it doesn't. What about yours?
    Does any one else have this problem. This is the same when going into a hill.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    How can a 4 speed down shift into 4th gear?
    I guess I didn't explain myself very well. When the TCC is in, the TCC should drop out at a light pressure of the accelerator and you should be in what I call 4th or OD. (Same thing) I can't get my TCC to drop out with a light push on the accelerator. I have to push the accelerator down about 1/2 way for it to do anything. And that shift is down to third. If I'm going 50-60 mph thats too low of gear. Is this normal for a 2000 GMC.
  • rthompson6rthompson6 Member Posts: 2
    Found out today the 2000 4X4 SLT I ordered last September has been built and it was shipped on the 13th.....It took over 4 months.....
    oh well.....Thats the price you have to pay...
    Keep your hopes up..They are almost here......
  • keith24keith24 Member Posts: 93
    I was quoted a 10 week order to delivery time frame today by one of the local GMC dealers. Is this a realistic time frame?? I'd like to order a 2000 GMC ext. cab, 4x4, SL trim, with just the options I want on it, but I'm still debating.

I've been in the market for a "compact" x-cab, 4x4, but I don't want to be kicking myself 6 months down the road for not buying a full size truck. The only differences are about 2-3 mpg, and from what I saw at the dealership, $2,500 @ the sticker price.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.....

keith24
    I ordered mine in July 1 and picked it up on Oct 1
    I'm suprised anyone is ordering form GM after all the complains I have read.
  • y2kgmcy2kgmc Member Posts: 23
    the TCC disengages if you touch the brake ,not the accelerator..
  • rthompson6rthompson6 Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention its a 4 Door
    y2kgmc--- So what your saying is the TCC will unlock when you accelerate. In order to ship down to the next gear I have to step on the brake.
    Does this make sense?
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    I ordered a 4 door extended cab GMC on December 7, 1999, two days after the pricing information became available at the GMC dealership computer. It is now January 23, 2000. My dealer still cannot give me a order number or delivery date. They say that it is up to GMC to pick up the order from the dealers computer. I fully trust the dealership, however, it seems that there is a link in the process that I am not being exposed to. Does anyone have any insider info on special orders?????
  • y2kgmcy2kgmc Member Posts: 23
    there are other parameters that cause the TCC to engage and disengage ,I was just stating that it does disengage upon braking ,in regards to a previous post .
  • studebaker1studebaker1 Member Posts: 8
    I have the 4.8L, and the throttle has a slight catch just when it starts to open. After that, it is always smooth as glass, so I know the linkage is OK. I had heard something about the throttle-body sticking, but I have not heard how to fix it. To be honest, I'm afraid to let a monkey at the dealer touch my truck.

Any Ideas?
  • rdve80rdve80 Member Posts: 139
    I can tell you my experience with a Chevy dealer. Placed order for 4 dr. LS on 11/24. Dealer provided me a copy of Vehicle Order Detail on 12/5 that contained vehicle details, Vehicle Order Number and my name as the customer. Dealer provided updated copy on 1/5 that showed TPW (targeted production week) of 1/10. Vehicle built on 1/13, expected delivery in Texas around 2/1.
  • teetheriotteetheriot Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 GMC SLE ext 5.3, 3.73 and automatic transmission. My problem is when shifting from first to second at wide open throttle the transmission shifts firm but the nose of the truck drops after the shift occurs as though the brakes would be applied. It also happens from second to third but not as bad of a drop on the front end of the truck. The transmisson only does this at wide open throttle and works fine during normal acelaration.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Best to get that sticking throttle body replaced under warranty. The problem won't go away.

While I don't have this problem on my Silverado, my '90 S10 Blazer does. It's caused by manifold vacuum exerting a force on the throttle shaft bushing via the butterfly, causing eccentric wear on the bushing. Shut the engine off, and you feel only smooth throttle operation. But coast down a hill, the vacuum makes the throttle butterfly stick shut when you try and gently re-apply the throttle.
  • aggie91aggie91 Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same concern as post above. I ordered my 2k etd cab z71 on 12/29 and have not received order number, TPW, or any other information about delivery. Are their any dealers on this post who can fill us in on the process? Thsi is the first time I've actually placed an order instead of buying off the lot.
  • djsnyder007djsnyder007 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in what area you live. Dealers in my area not very helpfull as to when production of 1500 sierra 4dr, 4wd will begin. Maybe I can talk to your dealer.
    Chevy 4dr. LS 1500 5.3L, 3.73 locker
    Ordered 11/24, received VOD from dealer 12/5, TPW was 1/10, actual build date was 1/13, left factory 1/20. Presently on rail car due to be offloaded Sunday in San Antonio and trucked to Austin on Monday or Tuesday per dealer. This is consistent with dealers original estimate back on 12/5. Total time is also consistent with the experience of number1 with his dealer in Phoenix. Hope this helps others dealing with your GMC dealers.
  • scottwaynescottwayne Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all you gmc nuts for steering me in the right direction. I just ordered a 2000 2500 extended cab 4x4, storm grey top, pewter bottom, loaded except for leather. I'm paying the dealer invoice price. My question is, should I have paid the factory invoice price? PLEASE RESPOND...... MSRP 33,755 DEALER INVOICE 29,646
  • rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    What has Chevy LS 4 dr got to do with a GMC Sierra site? Just checking......?

Have a nice day....

Roger
  • cpfroilcpfroil Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 2000 GMC Sierra 2500 extended cab 4 door with 6 liter and short box, lots of options including bucket seats (cloth), tow packages, etc. Dealer said up to 120 days delivery. Is this normal?
  • cpfroilcpfroil Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 2000 GMC Sierra 2500 extended cab 4 door with 6 liter and short box, lots of options including bucket seats (cloth), tow packages, etc. Dealer said up to 120 days delivery. Is this normal?
  • wxfcstrwxfcstr Member Posts: 18
    I too am having the same problem with the same engine (4.8L). It started about 6 weeks ago with about 13k on my 99 Sierra. It feels like the gas pedal is catching on something when it's first depressed. It makes no difference whether the truck is cold or warm. In fact it seems to be most noticeable when it's first started up. Anyone else had this problem and had it properly diagnosed the 1st time by GMC??

One other curious problem. Anyone had there LOW COOLANT light come on shortly after start-up and driving down a steep incline?? I did one once and
    my car pooler with a 99 Silverado has had the same experience. I shut the truck off at the 1st stop light hoping that a computer reset would fix the problem. It did not. When I drove the truck later that day, everything was fine. Took the truck to the dealer per his suggestion to see if an error was sent to the computer that could be retrieved by the tech. No such luck.

It pays to go to the service department as knowledgeable as possible. The last service advisor I worked with was dumbfounded when had 3 pages of updates for the PCM and didn't even know what it was.
  • djsnyder007djsnyder007 Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking for a 1500 ext. cab w/4dr, 4x with all the extra's. Can you lend a hand in providing your dealers name and sales person
    Thanks
    Roger,
    The trucks are built on the same line with the same computer and customer service systems and have the same option availability problems. The only difference is the specific dealers involved. And there are good dealers and bad dealers in both cases. More info will help many customers, GMC or Chevy, don't you think??
  • rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    Only thing is Silverado has a specific site all it's own. But you answered my question..
  • epoeepoe Member Posts: 56
    Is there ANY difference b/t these two? other than badging? thx.
  • pilot37pilot37 Member Posts: 1
    I have a question regarding ordering a GMC Sierra 1500 4wd in California. I went to the dealer today to place the order, and during the computer entry, it was impossible for him to select the 5 speed manual tranny. Upon checking with the Manager, they told me that due to emissions requirements in CA, the 5 speed was not available at all. Anyone else run into this, or am I the only lucky one? Thanks for replies.
  • doudisdoudis Member Posts: 45
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I've posted here in the past but mostly I just like to read. Anyway here's what I got: 2000 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, 5.3L 3.73 Locker, Leather,Tinted windows, Best Stereo, Better Air filter etc. Sportside. How is it .....hmmmmm PERFECT!!! I love her, she the most beautiful thing I've ever owned. I ordered on Oct. 4 so it was a long wait but I really wanted a four door. Hated to do it but with the 12 miles that were on the od I took her up to 78 mph using the cruise 1 mph at a time. This truck is absoulutly SOLID with not even the slightest hint of shimmy or shake or vibration. Only small annoyance I've found is the drivers seatback has about a 1/2", feels like spring loaded, give. It will kinda push forward when I'm stopping. Then lean back when I accelarate. Any one else experience this. BTW the passangers seat is tight. These are the full feature captains. It sure is gonna be hard to keep this puppy in the low to mid 50's for 500 miles or so. You can just feel this baby wanting to roar. Paid $25770 using GMO and then took another $500 of with the loyalty coupon. Built on 1/13/00 delivered on 1/28/00 drove home today. Not positive were it was built as the order sheet said Wentzville and the window sticker said Oshawa, Canada.
  • al2al2 Member Posts: 73
    You certainly sound like a happy customer and I hope to be just as happy. Order placed in November and have a TPW of first week of February and delivery first week of March (if the truck gods are willing).
    Ordered a 2wd GMC Ex cab SLE with 3.73, bench seat, 4.8 auto, trailer and firm ride with alum rims and upsize tires. Since I'm Canadian it will be built in Oshawa where almost all Canadian distribution trucks are built. Truck sells for $30 grand Canadian(about $20 U.S.)+ 14% Fed and Provincial sales tax. Not the end of the world IF the truck is a good one.
    Hope Doudis' experience is a sign of things to come ie. QUALITY production!
  • gashford1gashford1 Member Posts: 2
    California Dealers are mistrained or lazy. I haven't figured out which. I got the emissions story several times a few years ago. In fact, I think there was some truth to it relative to trying to get a stick shift with my 1990 Bronco. I haven't heard that one recently, but I have heard, "They don't have a stick shift for this model." Like... Anyway, I checked a 4WD dealer demo with a five speed that they wished to sell. The problem was that I didn't want a 4WD for this truck. I ordered the 4.8 with stick and the goodies. Go beat your dealer on the head. The problem, as most stick owners know, is that we are turning into a nation of whimps with probably 93% of buyers ordering automatics. (Don't get me wrong. I really like my old electronic shifting tranny in my Bronc, but it burns out brakes and is always hard to manage on hills. I guess its "OK" in snow, stop and go traffic, and heavy towing, as well.)

pilot37 writes:
    309 of 311: california sierra ordering (pilot37) Sat 29 Jan '00 (08:15 PM)

I have a question regarding ordering a GMC Sierra
    1500 4wd in California. I went to the dealer today to place the order, and during the computer entry, it was impossible for him to select the 5 speed manual tranny. Upon checking with the Manager, they told me that due to emissions requirements in CA, the 5 speed was not available at all. Anyone else run into this, or am I the only lucky one?
    Thanks for replies.
  • gashford1gashford1 Member Posts: 2
    Now it is absolutely confirmed that California dealers don't know what they are doing. Entered an order on 20 Dec. Went in today to what I perceived as a home-town reputable dealer and was advised they had not ordered it yet (almost 6 weeks later). Some story about the plant being closed the first two weeks in January and allocation, etc., etc. Asked for my deposit back and cancelled order and stormed out of there. What a bunch of bozos!
  • jamesk4jamesk4 Member Posts: 55
    You received your order number quick. What color and what type interior (cloth or leather) did you order? Also, was it a SL, SLE or SLT? That may give me some insight to what is coming off the line right now.
  • afs93afs93 Member Posts: 30
    Hi Al,

I'm glad to hear that you have a TPW! I saw two (Silverado 4 doors) one at Dueck GM & the other at Wolfe Chevrolet. Both trucks where built in the USA! I'm not sure where your truck will be built?

What model & options did you select?

AFS
  • cbernardcbernard Member Posts: 4
    I ordered a white model SLE with cloth interior. It was a four door with no other options. Hope this helps you.
  • al2al2 Member Posts: 73
    I remember you saying that your truck is being built in the U.S. and it is a 4x4. It seems that the 2500 4x4's are coming from the states, but I believe that 1500 4x2's are Canadian (Oshawa) built for the Canadian market.
    My order is GMC excab 1500 4x2 SB pewter with graphite interior. It will be an SLE with bench seat, 4.8 auto, 3.73 with limited slip, rear defrost and block heater (not for Vancouver -- we have a cabin in the Interior -- 100 Mile House), alum alloys with 265 tires, trailer hitch and firm ride for utility trailer and 5th wheel.
    Your truck must be getting close to delivery. How long now?
  • afs93afs93 Member Posts: 30
    My truck will also be pewter with the graphite interior.

As far as delivery, I was told anywhere from 3 to 44 days! Since we don't live next door to the plants, I'm sure it will take at least a month.

My truck was to be built last week, but as of yesterday the computer didn't show a final assembly. It may be due to limited stock on certain items that I had ordered?

My truck is a fully loaded LT 4WD, so that may be where the delay is? I was quite impressed with the one that I saw at Dueck GM. It had excellent fit & finish. The interior felt solid! I hope that any problems that GM had with the 3 doors will have been corrected with the new four door models!

Afs
    It is very likely that your vehicle did get built last week, but that info has not been transfered from the factory to the customer assistance computer. I was told this by customer assistance and it was my actual experience. Call back late in the week and they will probably be able to tell you more. My build week was 1/10, actual build date was 1/13 and the truck arrived at the dealer in Texas today. Distance from the factory isn't the time factor, it is how the specific rail car is routed. Mine was built in Fort Wayne, but came via Chandler, Az to Texas. It just depends on the combination of deliveries to be made and how full each train is.
  • scottwaynescottwayne Member Posts: 2
    Just got a call from the dealer today. They say they are only building 4 doors now and are forcing me to buy, extra $289. I hear there are seal problems with door 4.

Oh yeah, I ordered the truck from a dealer in the Baltimore Metro area. I have about 5 GMC dealers within 40 minutes from my house, they all want my business.

I should have the truck in less than 90 days now, we'll see.
  • cbernardcbernard Member Posts: 4
    I got a TPW date of Feb 14. How long does it take from TPW date to delivery??? I know it depends on where delivery is taken, but what has been your experience? Thanks
    Chuck,
    My TPW was 1/10, actual build was 1/13 and truck left the Fort Wayne factory on 1/20. Arrived at Texas dealer on 2/1. Other post have stated similiar times. If rail transport is involved, then distance isn't too much of a factor, it's more how the specific rail car is routed. Weather may be a factor in loading/unloading and for any final trucking portion.
  • rinderrinder Member Posts: 1
    Got mine (rinder)

Started the process for a 4x2 SLE, 5.3 with trailer pkg, in Aug, same time I began following this topic line. Had the order stoped in Oct and switched to a 4 door which was ordered in early Nov. Build date was the week of Jan 17 and delivery to Southern Ore was Jan 31. Had excellent pricing and service from the dealer, Roe Motors of Grants Pass. If your in Oregon give 'em a try. Love the truck.
  • tucsonjwttucsonjwt Member Posts: 265
    Does anyone know if the dual power heated electrochromic exterior mirrors are electrochromic on both driver's and passenger side, or only on the passenger side?
  • jerobbinsjerobbins Member Posts: 48
    My 2000 Silverado LT has the dual power heated mirrors, but they don't appear to be electrochromatic. The height of them does block most of the glare from other drivers, but I have gotten some glare and the mirrors didn't appear to dim it at all.
  • brian116brian116 Member Posts: 1
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE 4 DOOR EX-CAB GMC TRUCKS ARE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE
  • doudisdoudis Member Posts: 45
    Im driving one now as are many others.
    Brian,
    GM switched production to 4dr. on 1/4, and the first trucks from early January builds have been arriving at dealers for several weeks now. Most of those are already sold as many of us ordered them several months ago. It may be some time before 4dr trucks are available in any quantity. And dealers won't bargain too much if they still have lots of 3dr trucks. You will just have to talk to the dealers in your area.
  • stvokcstvokc Member Posts: 32
    As I under stand it GMO run 17% off MSRP and GMS runs 2.5% higher then GMO. I am elligable for both programs. I am wanting to get a new 4 door Sierra. How long is ordering taking now to build one? Does anyone know on the GM Loyalty Driven if they have extended the $500 GM Extra Value Certificate to April 3, 2000. They have extended the GM Incentive Offer Update(Cash Incentives/APR financing until April 3, 2000. Both GM extra Value Certificates and GM Incentive Offers where mailed to me with Feb 29, 2000 expirations.
This discussion has been closed.