Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pwoopwoo Member Posts: 1
    What does everyone think about a used 2002 Acura MDX base w/o Nav or DVD with 26K for $26K.

In contrast, an '05 MDX base invoices at $33.5 which is only a $7.5K difference for a 2.5 year old car.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    nmdxnmdx Member Posts: 1
    You got a greate deal! Would you tell me which dealership you dealt with... Thanks.
  • Options
    readytobuy2readytobuy2 Member Posts: 2
    I live in the Northern Virginia/DC metro area and I'm ready to buy an '05 MDX touring with navi and dvd but I've had a hard time getting dealers to quote me a price. I've read lots of messages where people have successfully obtained quotes over e-mail or the phone. Any advice would be appreciated. The two closest dealers are Pohanka and Radley.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    wahoo82wahoo82 Member Posts: 6
    I had very little luck getting any price quotes out of the DC area dealers (Pohanka, Radley, Rosenthal). I did, however, get a very good quote from Frankel Acura (just north of Baltimore) as a result of an internet quote request directly from their website. I would suggest a check of their on-line inventory first, though. Their quote to me stated that they had my car in stock ('05 Touring w/Nav, Steel Blue and Quartz), so maybe that's why the quote was so good ($500 over invoice was their initial contact with me).

Rosenthal did say in an e-mail that they would beat any local deal by $200. I also get the impression that Pohanka would compete pretty well with any of the dealers in and around DC.

When I checked on-line inventories at Pohanka and Rosenthal, they had 70 to 80 MDX's on-hand. With this level of inventory, I expect they would try hard to earn your business.

Good luck, and keep us posted.
  • Options
    readytobuy2readytobuy2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. I did finally receive an e-mail quote from Rosenthal. Not near the $500 above invoice but something to start with.
  • Options
    denvermdxdenvermdx Member Posts: 1
    i'm looking to buy an 05 touring mdx w/ navi and dvd package in the DENVER area
    Does anyone have info on what the best price is and where it is? i'd appreciate any info
    thanks!
  • Options
    gleebgleeb Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any dealings with Wayne NJ Acura? Got an internet quote for invoice + 500 (Touring MDX) but they said their invoice was $36,875. Many websites list invoice at 35600! What gives? Also anyone ever use Costco auto sales?
  • Options
    jsippolitojsippolito Member Posts: 1
    I just began the process of buying a base model MDX. I received an intial quote from Springfield Acura of $800 over invoice with "a little wiggle room" to work with. Obviously it's not his best offer.

Based on what I've read in this forum, I'm hoping to pay closer to $300 over invoice, without exceeding $500 over invoice.

Is that a reasonable expectation on my part?
  • Options
    overlordoverlord Member Posts: 1
    Hi everybody. A lot of great information here. Anybody have any buying experiences on a 2005 MDX Touring w/Nav & DVD in the Phoenix area? I'm thinking about making a purchase and would love to now how applicable these prices are in Phoenix.

Thanks
  • Options
    toshibatoshiba Member Posts: 2
    The MSRP in Southern California for a 2005 MDX Touring with DVD and Navigation is around $44,939. What I paid surprised even those that are closest to me and had connections to dealerships. I was able to get my MDX (all taxes paid, dmv registration, and EXTENDED Warranty) for $900 above MSRP. Great Price for a nice SUV.
  • Options
    leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
    Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to purchase a new 05 MDX Premium in about 2-3 months. Anybody have any experience with the dealers here in the Atlanta area? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Leon
  • Options
    mdx5mdx5 Member Posts: 3
    Folks,
    This is 2004 MDX base special AHFC lease plan ( it advertises on Honda/Acura manufacture website): 3 years lease. Payment is $399 + tax with $999 cap cost reduction, $2393 total due at lease. MSRP is $37,470. Actual net capitalized cost is $34,236.90 Lease end purchase is $23.980.90.
    Anyone can tell me what is the money factor ?
    A bay area dealer agrees to sale MDX base to me for $33,423, this should be able to pay less than $399 since the negotiate price is less than the example above, correct?
    Is this a better deal than pay cash with money from my 5% mortgage loan?
  • Options
    mdx5mdx5 Member Posts: 3
    J,
    i was able to get $200 below invoice in bay area N. California, but it has to be an in-stock model. With patient, $300 over invoice is doable.
  • Options
    ripneroripnero Member Posts: 2
    I was checking to see if you found any info out yet,
    I am too looking for a 2005 MDX, I have only been to the cobb parkway dealership but did not ask about purchase or lease plans.
  • Options
    kendokendo Member Posts: 5
    "i was able to get $200 below invoice in bay area N. California, but it has to be an in-stock model. With patient, $300 over invoice is doable. "

Can you share more info regarding this?
    What model year and which dealer in Bay Area?

Thanks.
    -Kendo
  • Options
    ripneroripnero Member Posts: 2
    I was just quoted this by Nalley Acura in Atlanta, it looks like a terrible deal

42mos lease 15k a year $583.54 + tax with $1,040 + tax due at signing. This quote does not include any accessory items.
  • Options
    leonivleoniv Member Posts: 120
    I'm looking to buy not lease, but that offer seems a little on the high end. I've heard good stories from the MDX org site about Ed Voyles off of Hwy. 141 and they seem to have the most inventory of Base MDX's (more likely to deal?) so I'll probably try them first. I also read on the org site Acura Carland used to force it's customers to take their dealer "package" which included a bunch of add-ons. Don't know if they still do that or not.
  • Options
    edhrybedhryb Member Posts: 7
    $42,025 for a Sage Touring with NAV and DVD on Long Island. Includes Running boards ($575), tow hitch only for bike rack ($425), wheel locks and body side molding ($275). Includes destination charge of $570. Picking up on Saturday. Should be about $500 over invoice, but will verify when picked up.
  • Options
    rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    2005 MDX Touring Nav and DVD

Washington, DC Area
    Quoted Price: $40,254 (includes $570 destiniation but does not include tax, title, registration.)
  • Options
    edhrybedhryb Member Posts: 7
    Seems too good to be true. Just about at invoice price. Costco lists invoice at $39,610 + $570 destination for a total of $40,180.
  • Options
    rgustafsrgustafs Member Posts: 35
    HOORAY! I am glad to know that it is such a great deal. I have worked hard to get a good deal. Now I just hope they give me as great a deal on my 93 Vigor GS. I'd rather trade than deal with the hassle of selling but I want a fair price.

Thanks!

rgustafs
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf Member Posts: 100
    mark,

Why have your experiences in Orlando been horrible? Can you tell me dealers to avoid?

You think if one isn't picky about the color combo it would be easier? I want an MDX Touring nav and Entertainment. I'm pretty open to color combinations and wish to lease for 36 months.

Any advise is appreciated.

regards,

Dean
  • Options
    hudamhudam Member Posts: 1
    Northern VA - Base + dest + chrome RB, + roof rack + floor & cargo mats + wheel locks (34.3K)?
  • Options
    mdx_bay_areamdx_bay_area Member Posts: 1
    the information here is very helpful, thanks for all who posted. I bought a pearl white 05 touring mdx with nav for 38,500(including des. fee) in bay area yesterday. is it a good deal?
  • Options
    shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    550 with security and 1st payment only

touring with running boards and side molding
    can I do any better??? ny lease so bank fee is 1095 and it's in payment so are 8.625% taxes
  • Options
    jiangjiang Member Posts: 12
    It can't be better ... I was looking at the exactly samething today (in NJ); the dealer said got be $1K above the invoice.

In your case, isn't below the invoice?
  • Options
    jiangjiang Member Posts: 12
    I stopped by an Acura dealer in central NJ today. They told me it would cost $1.5K above invoice for a 05 MDX Touring + NAV.

I believe people on this forum have mentioned there are dealers that offer a couple of hundred bucks above the invoice for a 05 MDX. Does any one know a dearler in NJ would have such an offer?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    got a dealer to do much better also got a quote on the base model for 480 same options plus roof rack
  • Options
    miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Hello,
    I am seeing people are paying near invoice for a new 05 MDX. Is it because a new model is coming out the end of this year or something? Does anyone have spy pics of it or sketch?

• Options
    gleebgleeb Member Posts: 2
    To all,
    My best quote I got for a Touring (no Nav or Res)was $36,375 from a few northern NJ dealers. Got lucky and found Ramsey Acura willing to do $38,500 out the door for my Silver Touring ($35,882 before tax/tag/fees). Also got the 7 year 100,000 mile ($50 deduct) warranty for $1530. Ramsey is a great dealership, no hassle, no gimmicks, no pressure. I don't know if they'd do the deal again because the Internet salesman said he had to move cars! To all future buyers, be patient, be confident and be willing to walk out!
    Oh, how I suffered without the X, I just don't know how I drove anything else! The X is an amazing ride.
  • Options
    3/36 505 per month with refund sec 525 and 505 1 st payment upfront. 1095 bank fee and ny taxes included in payment. also got the running board in payment
  • Options
    kevlartesterkevlartester Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 05 MDX Nav&Dvd for $41,200 + Taxes/Reg 2wks ago.
    price includes Running Boards & Rear spoiler(the larger color-matched one)
    in Aspen white pearl. They had it in stock, which was a major factor. I took delivery 3days later, could have had it next day, but I was out of town. I feel it was an OK deal when you consider my time constraints.
  • Options
    dguptaofnjdguptaofnj Member Posts: 10
    I have been quoted a price of $34,125 for the Premium and $36,675 for the Touring Package, destination included. These are the Internet Pricing for 2005 Models.

Any comments whether these look good or bad ? Should I hold out for lower pricing on either of them ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    gulzargulzar Member Posts: 4
    I AM OFFFERED, 2005-MDX-BASE MODEL, FOR 33,995 AND TAXES AND FEES,
    SO THE TOTAL COMES TO ABOUT 37,600 ( OUT OF THE DOOR ).
    IS IT A GOOD OFFER?
    ADVISE FOR ANY BETTER DEALS.
  • Options
    queenbee53queenbee53 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all-

I too have been doing my homework to get the best deal on an 05MDX. I had a dealership quote me (through their Internet salesman) a base model and the Touring (no DVD or NAV). I was pleasantly surprised---the base model (MSRP $37,470; invoice $33,812) was quoted at $34,495 and the Touring model (MSRP $40, 295; invoice $36,355) was quoted at $37,000. I haven't even stepped in the dealership yet! From what I have read above, I feel this is a good point to start negotiating, and I am hopeful to get either one right around invoice. Hope this is helpful!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Depends on where you are. Can you tell us what city/state you're in?

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    chicagomdxchicagomdx Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    sf_bay_mdxsf_bay_mdx Member Posts: 1
    Hi - are you in San Francisco bay area? Your deal looks good, who is the dealer as I am also looking at same combo - touring + nav. I am assuming taxes/registration fees are not included here. Thanks.
  • Options
    phatgatorphatgator Member Posts: 1
    MDX Touring in MidwestLooking for an '05 Touring w/Out DVD or Navi. I live in Indianapolis but am willing to drive to Chicago for a good deal. The best deal I've found so far with a sticker of $40,295 is $38,000. Anyone found a better deal in the Indy/Chicago area ?
  • Options
    icantthinkicantthink Member Posts: 7
    QueenBee53 -- Which dealer are you dealing with? I am looking for a Touring Model with Nav as well.

thanks
  • Options
    icantthinkicantthink Member Posts: 7
    All,

I received a quote of $38,650 for a touring model with Nav. This was the first contact, so I'm sure there's room for movement.

Don't know if this includes destination charges. Looks like the Edmunds invoice price is $38,260.

I think I can get them close to invoice.

Is this a good deal, or can I do better?
  • Options
    oneohthreeoneohthree Member Posts: 15
    Around how much would I have to pay if I lease a Acura Touring w/ Nav in North/Central NJ?
  • Options
    gulzargulzar Member Posts: 4
    I WAS OFFERED THIS PRICE ON MDX-PREMIUM IN NEW YORK CITY.
  • Options
    mdx4lifemdx4life Member Posts: 2
    I bought base MDX with side step and roof rack about 2 weeks ago at Concord Acura. Initially I was quoted by Stevens Creek Acura: $33,311(including destination charge) for base ($500 under invoice every color except aspen white pearl) then I contacted Concord Acura which beat the quote by $150 and side step and roof for $1000 (installed). So my total was $34,161 (plus tax, fee). With tax it was a little over $37,000 out the door. I initially contacted 8 bay area dealers: Acura of concord and Stevens Creek Acura were quicker and more reasonable than other dealers.
  • Options
    dguptaofnjdguptaofnj Member Posts: 10
    I learnt a lot from all you folks in this board and finally pulled the trigger on a MDX Touring Lease in NJ. The MSRP was about $40,500 and the sellling price $36,750. I put down $999 to lower the monthly payments to $414.50 pre-tax. It is a 3/36K lease. Acura Lease Support on this SUV is pretty decent, I was getting similar quotes on the Toyota Highlander ( V6 AWD Ltd ) which are probably not quite at the same level as a SUV as the MDX Touring.

Thank you all in this board, this was my first lease.

Regards
  • Options
    pookpook Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone ever used BJ's auto buying service? I didn't know if was worth looking into since I am a member.
  • Options
    cgervaiscgervais Member Posts: 2
  • Options
    cityofchampscityofchamps Member Posts: 3
    Paid $38,200 + TTL -- how'd I do?
  • Options
    innhinnh Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking in the southern NH/Boston area dealing with the internet managers and at the dealership. I'm getting different prices for options ie. roof rack for MDX 300 vs $545.00 trim package 239 vs $169. Also I can't find something under $34,500 yet the consumer reports package I paid for said that with a dealer holdback going on now the wholesale price for the premium is $32,700 and that is where I should start negotiating. Any comments. I have tried Acura of Boston who was suppose to give good deals?
  • Options
    mikej1543mikej1543 Member Posts: 13
    I was out at North Hampton Acura (A/K/A Clair Acura North) in NH yesterday and they seem to be pretty aggresive. Quoting in the mid $400 range for a 3 year lease on an MDX with minimal down. They seem to be willing to deal.