Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    stevem7stevem7 Member Posts: 26
    I just picked up (for my wife - I have 06' RL) an 07 MDX Tech with roof rails and sport running boards for $41,500 (incl. dest). No additional charges, other than state lic/regis fee (PA) of approx $80 and tax.

They were also willing to do the MDX Sport for $43,000 with the same accessories, but my wife really didn't care about the Sport package and really wanted Aspen White Pearl (which they didn't have in stock in the Sport and is hard to find).

I probably could have done a bit better but the dealer experience was very good and they gave me $25,500 for my 05' MDX Base (24,000 mi and no accessories). Not bad on the trade since I bought it from them new for $32,200 two years ago.

Thanks for everyone's info along the way. Best of luck to those looking. I can tell you the MDX is a great vehicle.
  • Options
    malyelmalyel Member Posts: 46
    It was $43,500 including destination. Edmunds puts invoice on the sport/ent. at $43,996 so it was actually roughly $500 under invoice. I also negotiated 10% off accessories installed and bought the sport running boards, day/night mirror, and fender garnish so the grand total was $44.9k. There was a $299 processing fee but I couldn't get them to take that off at any dealership. There wasn't a separate doc fee only the one processing fee.
  • Options
    cheapskate21cheapskate21 Member Posts: 49
    Congratz .. that's a really good price!
  • Options
    psunowpsunow Member Posts: 19
    Just brought my MDX with Nav/Ent home today...what a great car. Got the roof rack w/ rails and side molding for $42,800 with dest and doc fees. We are going to study up on the all the elec as I think you need an eng degree to run everything...looking forward to learning it.
  • Options
    winston03winston03 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for your info. Roswell told me today they would match the Athens price. Base model with pro pack, destination and doc fee. Price of 37,808 before TT&L. Let me know if you hear of something better. I am still waiting on my current vehicle to sell before I pull the trigger. Thanks---------

I do think I want the roof rails now. What has everyone else paid for this option?
  • Options
    goldenbeargoldenbear Member Posts: 7
    Congt. and thank for your posting. can you disclose name of delership and break down of your price paid.

I am looking for exact same trim+pro pack.
  • Options
    psunowpsunow Member Posts: 19
    I bought my Nav/Ent at Montgomeryville Acura in South East PA. It had only two options being the roof rack with cross bars and side molding.... price w/ destination: $42,700 total fees: $64.50. Drive off before taxes: $42,764.50.

Now the trick is learning all the systems...
  • Options
    negotiatornegotiator Member Posts: 5
    Everybody else seems to be posting their below or at invoice purchases while people I know in the Seattle area are still struggling to get even 500-1000 over invoice. Has anyone made a recent purchase in this area? Can you please post the price you got and your experience?

Gas prices continue to climb and the 2008 model is now even more "around the corner" - are Northwest dealers finally starting to get realistic?
  • Options
    goldenbeargoldenbear Member Posts: 7
    Thank You and good luck.

Your info and postings have been very helpful.
  • Options
    kayfergie99kayfergie99 Member Posts: 1
    You cannot even compare a Hyundai vehicle to an Acura vehicle...they are not even near to being in the same class!!

I can tell you from experience, as a prior Hyunda owner...they DO NOT hold their value AT ALL!!! I had a 2003 Santa Fe GLS 3.5L 4x4 that was fully loaded with every option available except for leather seats. I bought it brand new in 2003. Over the years, I added numerous extras such as a towing package, running boards, oversized tires, front & rear hood deflector, brand new tires and brakes, etc. I spent over $2500 on additional extras for this vehicle. Went to trade it in last month for my new 2007 MDX, and the highest quote I got for a trade in value was $7500.00!!!! There was not a thing wrong with this car...oh, and by the way, it only had 45,650 miles on it, which is way under estimated mileage for a 2003 vehicle.

I paid $24,500 for this Santa Fe 4 years ago, add the accessories and I spent about $26,500 on this vehicle. And after 4 years of careful driving, excellent care, no damage, and wonderful maintenance...the freaking thing depreciated $19,000.00!! INSANE!!! Don't get me wrong, was a great car, but I will never buy another Hyundai again, just for this reason!!

All I can say, is that if you are trying to compare buying an 2007 Acura MDX to a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe...you might as well be comparing apples to oranges. The word Hyundai shouldn't even be allowed in the same sentence as Acura!!

One final note...I've had my 2007 MDX for almost a month now, and I will never own any other brand of SUV again. Not only will I be driving this bad [non-permissible content removed] car for many many years, but when I am over this one, all I am gonna do is trade it in for a newer MDX. Period.
  • Options
    khal80khal80 Member Posts: 9
    Well I finally decided that the MDX is the right car for me, I am deciding to get the base 07 MDX with the sport package (which from what i believe also includes the tech package)

last person i saw in TX to get one, with the same package got it 43,643...any know if thats what the going rate is?

Thanks for any help..please let me know what a good price is for this car in TX....thanks again
  • Options
    mbohnmbohn Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2007 with tech package (we did not buy sport package). Paid $41,400. Got it from Sterling McCall Acura in Houston. Good luck!
  • Options
    lexleaselexlease Member Posts: 9
    Mbohn - Did you get any accessories (running boards..etc). I am also in Houston and noticed each model on Sterling Mccall lot had some type of accessory added. I wanted to try and compare apples to apples so any extra information would be great. Thank you for the help and enjoy!
  • Options
    khal80khal80 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info, Im going to go this week to check them out. I just hope they give me a good deal on my trade in.
  • Options
    bostikbostik Member Posts: 5
    I am seeing the same in the NJ/NYC area. Nobody wants to even talk at $500 over invoice.
  • Options
    bostikbostik Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for the Tech with NAV and ENT. Of course you have to take Tech w/any of the other packages. I am also looking for specific color. The black exterior w/the broadaux interior.
  • Options
    andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    I live in gadsden, al and need to buy acura mdx/tech package. interested in atlanta/athens area. can you tell me how much you paid with accessories, etc. i greatly appreciate. thanks
  • Options
    winston03winston03 Member Posts: 20
    I have not purchassed yet. Athens gave a tech package price of $40,733. This includes destination but not a 499 doc fee and TT&L. No add ons. Roswell would probably match it as they will match a base mdx price Athens gave me.

Good luck
  • Options
    hoosierfanshoosierfans Member Posts: 2
    All,

Just wanted to post a deal I got on an MDX this last weekend at an Acura dealer outside of Philadelphia. It's for a base model, with no accessories. MSRP $40,665.

Paid: $37,430 (about $400 above invoice)
    Trade-in: $11,500 (2002 Toyota Highlander AWD V6 w/ 97K on it)

Two items of note -- we pushed for the 11,500 on the Highlander and "magically" got it at the last minute, up from 11,000 (dealers in the Central PA area weren't going anywhere above 11,000). Whether this was really $500 more for the Highlander or just below invoice on the MDX, judge for yourself. Also, the doc fees were $88...I saw a few posts with $250 or even 499 for doc fees...that's CRAZY! The dealer also threw in a free license plate ($35) when they tore the one off my Highlander b/c it was so rusted on. Hey, I'll take anything that's free! Best quote I got in Central PA on the base MDX was $37,700 so I took that to Ardmore Acura and they beat it...and the trade-in on my Highlander. :)
  • Options
    parigeetparigeet Member Posts: 6
    Following is the quote i recieved from one of the 3 dealers in the phoenix,AZ area for the 07MDX with Tech & Entertainment package.

42995 - Selling Price
    3506 - Sales Tax
    788 - Registration, License + Tire fee
    297 - 3 year paint protection
    369 - doc fees
    47955 - Total (OTD)

The dealer claims that he has included the following 5 accessories in his selling price of $42995 which are worth $1700.
    Window tint (is this not standard ...lets assume its not)
    Wheel locks
    Trunk Tray
    Door edge guards
    Initial application of polymer coating

So, here are a few things that stand out where I think the dealer is trying to make more money that it seems.

1. $1700 for those 5 accessories seem quite inflated to me. I don't know how much a coat of polymer costs, but the rest of the accessories don't cost more than $600(i think).
    2. Doc fees of $369 - isnt this way too much?
    3. Paint protection for $297 - is that really required? or a ripoff?

Basically, what do you guys think? Is this a good deal? I haven't really negotiated yet? What would be a good price for me to make an counter offer to the dealer. Any advice and/or suggestions are appreciated
  • Options
    That seems very high to me.

I paid roughly $1500 less ($46500 OTD) for a more expensive sport/ent pkg. adding sport running boards, fender garnish, and day night mirrors. The sport/ent was $43,500 only $500 more than the deal your getting for a tech/ent. As for the 5 accessories, wheel locks and tint came on mine. trunk tray, door guards, and coating maybe are worth $300, if that. I say you should be able to get at least invoice on the vehicle and ask for 30% off accessories installed. I asked for $500 under invoice and 30% off accessories and was able to get $500 under and 10% off accessories. Good luck.
  • Options
    cvistacvista Member Posts: 54
    Actually it's a rip-off
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy your acura from? Its really difficult to get it at $500 below or even at invoice here in AZ.
  • Options
    dish1dish1 Member Posts: 1
    did Ardmore Acura seem to have a decent inventory of models/colors?

Thanks.
  • Options
    inthemarket3inthemarket3 Member Posts: 8
    Andy1993 -

I'm originally from Ashville, AL and now live in Atlanta and am in the market for a MDX. I got quotes from all area dealers and average offer after all haggling was $1K over invoice. I did get Nalley down to $500 over invoice, but had to sign papers on last day of month without seeing actual car I would get. I didn't feel comfortable with this. After days of negotiating, I feel confident you can get it for $500-$1000 over invoice (less with doc fee, more without).
  • Options
    From the largest Mid Atlantic Acura dealer.

As of today they show they have 109 MDX's in stock. When I bought roughly 3 weeks ago they had 125. I will say, if I could have saved an extra $2k-$3k by purchasing out of state I would have considered it. I don't understand why those who live in areas with low supply don't buy out of state.
  • Options
    This is way too cool. Here is a quote from another dealer for the MDX with Tech and Ent. How can an individual reading all these posts even think about buying the car from this dealer at the following price.

07 MDX (Tech + Ent)
    $44072 Selling Price
    $3623 Tax
    $790 Registration
    $292 Body Side Moulding (Pre installed - whether you want it or not
    $358 Day Night Mirror (Pre installed - whether you want it or not)
    $388 Doc fees
    $49523 Total OTD.

How does this one feel?
  • Options
    That's an awesome deal, for the dealership. That looks like at least $4,000 of profit for the dealership. They are asking $2k over invoice and forcing you to buy $650 worth of accessories. Throw in a high Doc fee and it's a great transaction for the dealer.
  • Options
    This is what I am looking for. Do you guys think that I'm being realistic for a 07MDX with tech + ent?
    $42100 ( price including window tint, wheel locks & doc fees). The only two things additional to the above price i'm willing to pay is the sales tax and registration and I donot wish to buy any additional accessories.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    mjainmjain Member Posts: 2
    I live in Naperville and after two weeks of shopping, the best price I have found for MDX with Tech. Ent. is 42,500. I also wan to add Sport running boards, Cargo Tray and all season mats. The total cost of the accessories is approx. $1100.00. The delaer won't negotiate on accesories. The total price with accessoires is around 43,500. How does this price sound?
  • Options
    epineyepiney Member Posts: 462
    I would buy the vehicle for $42.5 and the accessories on-line for about $700. They are an easy install.
  • Options
    mtairyordgemtairyordge Member Posts: 144
    Can you say what the name is of the largest Acura dealer in the mid-atlantic is, or atleast what state? :confuse:
  • Options
    nealynealy Member Posts: 3
    I wonder if we agreed to buy together if they would give us a better deal. Seems like a nice deal. I assume this is the tech package without any options at all.
  • Options
    delta3delta3 Member Posts: 10
    mjain,

I live in the same area and am shopping for the same car in the past few weeks. Just started to gather quotes last week. I wonder whether you would be interested in team up hopefully get better bargaining power... Thanks
  • Options
    lttmkd5lttmkd5 Member Posts: 19
    Here's what I've got: $41981 for TECH pkg w/sport boards, roof rails, corss bars, and body moulding. Seems pretty good to me cinsidering invoice plus destination is $40604 and I'm adding $2022 in accessories. Thoughts?
  • Options
    edwardb2edwardb2 Member Posts: 1
    For some reason I cannot log in, this is bostik. I finally got my car from Denville, NJ. Good guys out there. I wasn't in love w/the price for a mid yr '07 purchase but oh well...Black Pearl with Brown interior, Tech-Nav-Ent package for 42,500.

Thanks for everyone's help!!

-bostik
  • Options
    mjainmjain Member Posts: 2
    Yes, that is fine. I have not called him back yet. I him hoping he will offer me something better. I got this quote from Continental.
  • Options
    mjain,

send me an email: lyao at yahoo dot com, we can go from there. BTW I am been there as well. i am also talking to mcgrath in westmont
  • Options
    dms9dms9 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks, are those warranties real acura company warranties? my dealer was, not surprising, $500 more for the same warranty. they aren't aftermarket warranties, are they? will I have any problem using them at my dealer? Anyone have any experience with www.hondaacuraworld.com before? thanks,
  • Options
    I need to get some accessories in addition to the MDX standard packages. While the standard price seems to be in line with those posted here ( $500 above invoice without any haggling) but the accessories prices vary quite bit. The MSRP based on acura's website is around $2100, but they are asking $3100. malyel suggested 10% of the price, I wonder which price should the discount be based on, MSRP or the dealer installed price? Thanks.
  • Options
    lttmkd5lttmkd5 Member Posts: 19
    Yes, they are real ACura Warranties. Acura Care. I talekd with the F&I manger where I've gotten my MDX and they said there was no way the price was as low a hondaacuraworld.
    So, I'm going with them. Shouldn't ahve any problem using them at any Acura dealer since it is an Acura Care warrnaty. I talkd with Hondaacuraworld and they emailed me a PDF file that explains exactly what covered. If you'd like me to forward it to you, sned me an email: ldolph484384@comcast.net
  • Options
    your email bounced, is it correct?
  • Options
    nelsrudnelsrud Member Posts: 7
    Looking in Chicago area as well...Tech/Ent pkg...flexible on other specs. Any luck with combined purchase offer?
  • Options
    dreendreen Member Posts: 1
    Any buy a 07 MDX /tech? Needing some help with the two dealers here. Or should I deal with Houston or Dallas?
  • Options
    No idea on the prices, I bought a Sport. I urge you to drive the sport. the first time you go around an off ramp or around a bend, you will notice the difference. the magnetic shocks are amazing and the cost differential is nominal. Just a thought, enjoy your new car when you buy it.
  • Options
    evotzevotz Member Posts: 5
    Please help! Here's what I am looking at:

Formal Black/Ebony/Tech/Entertainment
    42 month, 12,000 miles per year
    $ 1,500 in "drive off" fees
    Monthly: $ 622 (including my 6.0 % state sales tax).

ALSO: I am turning in my 2004 TL (Anthracite/Quartz/Navi) with 53,000 miles. On that vehicle, the residual value is $ 19,007.25. The dealer feels it is worth $ 20,579.58. That gives me $ 1,572.33 in equity. This amount is going towards what I pay every month (and that's why I think my monthly number is pretty good).

AM I CORRECT? Deal or no deal?

(also: 50% residual value, .00245 money factor)

THANKS!!!
  • Options
    Actually I asked for $500 under invoice and 30% off accessories installed. Salesman said they NEVER go below invoice and the most they could discount accessories was 8%. I asked who makes the deals him or the sales manager. He said the S.M., so I said great please show him my offer. S.M. came over introduced himself and gave a big song and dance about how they can't go below invoice or less than 8%. He said the service dept. had to get paid for their install work. Then he said Acura would be mad if they sold the car for less than invoice. I laughed and said he was full of it. The owner of the dealership might get mad for making less profit but that at $500 under invoice and 30% off accessories they were still making a profit and at the same time getting a gas guzzling SUV off there lot at the start of the summer. He agreed to sell at invoice and 10% off. I said no, $500 under and 30% off or I would go to another dealership and give them my offer. He agreed to do $500 under but stuck to 10% off. So we left the dealership. At this point in the deal we were roughly 20% off the cost of the accessories (roughly $320) away from the deal I wanted. That evening I decided to contact the dealer and agreed to $500 under invoice and 10% off. I am sure we could have gotten maybe a little closer to the deal had we waited till closer to the end of the month. In the end, we got the color combo we wanted and bought from the dealer nearest to us so the $300 was not a deal breaker.
  • Options
    Thanks malyel, so I suppose the discount you got is from the MSRP + install cost. The reason I is was asking is that the price on accessories can vary from dealership to dealership. for instance the running boards MSRP is $560 and the actually installed the price is a bit over $1k depending on which particular you go. In the quotes I got, the labor cost is close to 50%.
  • Options
    have not done it yet. just exchange the contact info. I got stuck with the price of the accessories... want to join the party as well? :)
  • Options
    toasttoast Member Posts: 50
    I don't think your price is too bad for Arizona. It looks like your offer came from the Acura of Peoria dealer. I purchased a vehicle from them about a month and a half ago the MDX w/Tech for $41,500 which included the add on package. If the Sport package adds $1,500 in value that is probably the best deal you will get in AZ.

I looked at purchasing out of state and by the time you factor in flights, hotels, gas and meals it was a wash for me. However, if you are planning a business trip to the east coast you will save some money by purchasing out of state. You could also have the vehicle transported to AZ which might save you some money.

My experience with Acura of Peoria was good. A little long in the finance area despite our rejection of all of the offers. I would avoid Scottsdale Acura. I found them to be dishonest, lacking character even though I had purchased 2 vehicles previously from them.

Good luck I really enjoy the MDX. See message 4536 above for more info on AZ dealers and my buying experience.