2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    CORRECTION: I ENEDED UP BUYING FROM the Arlington inspite of their higher accessories prices. I felt Arlington had a better price OVERALL for me. They will have the JUNE spec car I requested ready by next week (MDX TECH $40,001 + many accesories $1578). I also felt they were more HONEST. Based on my experience, I can NOT say the same for the libertyvile. Libertyville (IL) sales managers seemed very insensitive and pompus, and, in fact one of them "STEVE" outright rude (the old sales manager tony - a great guy - recently left). I would pass on them.
    Overall, so far my experience with acura sales has been like "horse trading" in some middle eastern bazzar - NOT up to luxury car standards. This is consistent with the JD power ratings - 3 out of 5 stars for sales experience at acura.
  • Options
    psunowpsunow Member Posts: 19
    I bought my Nav/Ent at Montgomeryville Acura in South East PA. It had only three options being the roof rack with cross bars and side molding.... price w/ destination: $42,700 total fees: $64.50. Drive off before taxes: $42,764.50.
  • Options
    closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    I'll share that info privately, email me if you like. My deal was 5 weeks ago now, but there were several at invoice and a whole bunch more a few hundred above. Let me ask you something, did you tell them you want this for invoice?
  • Options
    jeffbreckerjeffbrecker Member Posts: 6
    So i've been negotiating for an MDX with Tech/Ent in the Chicago-land area and they are offering me what they say is 1.75% above invoice plus the "protection package" of All season mats, Body Side moldings and wheel locks for $43,100. You add this to a $59 doc fee, $3900 taxes and $143 license&title giving me an OTD price of: $47,228

What are your thoughts on this - How much lower can I get this price????
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    I've bought two MDX's in the Chicago area over the last 4 and a half years. (the 2003 being from Libertyville and our current 2006 from Pauly in Highland Park).

I'm not sure exactly what the market is like currently for the new 2007, but from what it seems, it shouldn't be hard to obtain a 2007 at invoice with no FORCED overpriced protection package.

In the past I bought my accessories online and had the dealer install them for a much cheaper price.

I was lucky enough even in 2003 with a 6 month waiting list to pay MSRP and no forced accessories when many other dealers had $1000's of dollars worth of dealer installed crap that people were willing to pay on top of sticker price.

It's funny to note, I paid $5000 less for my 2006 than I did my 2003. The market changes very quickly!...and the model was about the be redesigned!

I'd send some more emails to the 7+ Acura dealers in Chicago and see what the competition has to offer. Last year I used Edmund's quote system I believe.

Not that this means anything now, but I had a great experience at Pauly and they beat Muller Acura in Schaumburg by $1000 on the trade of my 2003 MDX back in July of 2006.
  • Options
    mdexfanmdexfan Member Posts: 3
    PLEASE let me know if I'm getting a good deal: dealer nearby offered me $44,100 for an 2007 MDX with Sport and Entertainment...
    Should I jump on this deal?
  • Options
    nelsrudnelsrud Member Posts: 7
    i know that others are working it harder than I did. But, I bought my tech/ent mdx for 42.8 all-in plus tax, license. I added 1100 in accessories (racks, sides, towing)in addition to that. hope that helps. if you work at it, you CAN/SHOULD do better than 44.1. my counsel. you need to be prepared to walk-away and not necessarily be stuck on the color/interior...try to get emotion out of it. good luck.
  • Options
    How in the world did you get the tech/ent mdx for 42.8 out-the-door? that's a great deal you got there....where did you purchase it from?
    I must be really not workin hard
  • Options
    andricandric Member Posts: 2
    I am considering buying 2007 Acura MDX.
    However, looking at the www.iihs.org I see
    that only the vehicles made after May 2007
    get top marks for rear crash protection.

Is there any way to get the exact date of the manufacture of the vehicle?
  • Options
    upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    Considering Edmunds TMV reports the average MDX buyer is paying 45,700 for that vehicle, it seems like a good deal. I paid close to sticker when I bought mine last Nov., but I had to have it... Just watch out for the after deal add ons that acura is famous for. The "business manager" will try to get you to purchase various protection plans. When we bought our '04 he asked if I wanted the rust proofing. "No, I'm just going to let it rust out" I was so irritated. I told my salesman for the'07 not to let him anywhere near me.
  • Options
    nelsrudnelsrud Member Posts: 7
    Don't beat yourself up. I'm no expert...I see others mentioning buying them at or below invoice. I think it's just a matter of doing some homework, then contacting 3-4 dealers and telling them exactly what pkg you want, and what they're willing to sell you the car for. I told them that there would be no counter-offer from my side and that I was shopping regionally and locally. If the price is right, you'll buy it. I'd be happy to make an intro to the MN dealer if that geography works for you. Be patient.
  • Options
    malyelmalyel Member Posts: 46
    I paid $43,500 for my Sport/Ent delivered. With some negotiation you should be able to do better.
  • Options
    Malyel,
    Can I get some of your info? (like dealer info, location, etc)...I would be thrilled to get that price 43,500 out the door.
    Please email me if you can.
  • Options
    osetia1osetia1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm planning to buy 07 MDX sport/ent soon. Can you share which dealership did you buy from for invoice or very close to invoice? you can also email me osetiawan at yahoo dot com. I can refer your name to the dealer if you want! Thanks in advance! ^_^
  • Options
    jeffbreckerjeffbrecker Member Posts: 6
    Call McGrath Acura in Morton Grove.  Ask for Mya Weisz.  Just bought an MDX from her yesterday.  She is very helpful with negotiations and got us the exact car we wanted.  You will not be disappointed.  She is not your typical "Car Salesman" and we found her extremely pleasant to work with. Feel free to refer my name to her.
  • Options
    get_an_mdxget_an_mdx Member Posts: 8
    Could you please let me know a good dealer in MN area (willing to go as far out at 250 miles from twin cities.

Planning to buy an MDX sport/ent in the next 2 days
  • Options
    robomdxrobomdx Member Posts: 2
    This thread is a great resource for 2007 MDX shoppers; particular thanks to the local Phoenix posters and information they shared.

Based on feedback here and elsewhere, I contacted Acura of Peoria and was able to get $200 *under* invoice on a Sport/Ent.

Unfortunately, though it was a mere three days off the truck, it had already been subject to the standard "profit pad package" -- with tint, wheel locks, cargo mat, etc -- so that's another $500 or so on top of the "base" price. To that I added roof rails & cross bars and the sport running boards. Total price excluding TTL was $45,880 (including doc fee of $369) and true OTD (drive-off) price with $3,700+ in taxes and $820 for plates/registration was $50,800.

Running the above numbers through the "car buyer's spreadsheet", which I had to unprotect and manipulate slightly so Dealer Holdback was appropriately applied against base MSRP (the file defaults to off total sticker, including destination) and a couple other things, my deal equates to 3% margin at the purchase price level and around 5% with accessories and other "below the line" fees.

Note that I was told it is possible to catch an inbound model that's unspoken for and request them not add the "profit pad" pkg (at least Acura of Peoria will).

Thanks again for this great thread. :)
  • Options
    jimjackjimjack Member Posts: 43
    At present,
    I'm able to get the dealer @ $500 over invoice.. I hope to get him lower.. It's on the treshhold of July 1 where all cars have a hit on them. I'll take any sugestions.
  • Options
    st6howirollst6howiroll Member Posts: 1
    Same here, right now i have the dealer at $500 over invoice for the sport with ent or the tech/ent either vehicle.
  • Options
    WOW !!
    Which area you all in ?
    I am not doing well at all....
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    get_an_mdx, which dealers have you contacted, and what have you gotten so far?
  • Options
    mpjl27mpjl27 Member Posts: 2
    Am new here and am interested in a base MDX. What's magic about July 1? Is $500 over invoice good? Guess I should get moving.......thanks.
  • Options
    kjm11379kjm11379 Member Posts: 16
    Turnersville, NJ Acura

I just got today a 2007 MDX with Tech and Ent, Black with Black Leather

42,800.00 Out the Door plus tax tags Sticker was 46,365.
  • Options
    contacted all the dealers in MN and some in WI, 1 in IA and 1 in NE. The best is 44,800 + tax(6.5%) + registration + doc. fee = 48,454. My requirements were specific which might have been a factor. I wanted the vehicle build date to be June 2007 (see a post above which indicates this - also see http://www.iihs.org/ratings/head_restraints/headrestraints.aspx?acura ). MDX built in June now comes with updated headrests to rectify this problem, apparently. I had given only two choices of colors aspen pearl white/parchment or grey/ebony. Anyway, I have proceeded with it and taking delivery tomorrow.

Forgot to add something - the price is for a sport+ent MDX
  • Options
    jimjack - Here is what I understood. June 30 is the mid year for the dealers. They have monthly targets and quarterly targets. This week is the magic week because both are coming together. So, all the dealers will be willing to negotiate to meet their targets before July 1. Apparently, there is more to this like dealers are allocated future cars based on what they sold earlier (another factor to keep the sale up) etc. If you are being offered $500 over invoice (and not MSRP), then I think it is not a bad deal - my 2 cents
  • Options
    st40st40 Member Posts: 1
    I've been a long-time reader of these posts, very helpful! Would you please let me know which MN dealer was the most willing to negotiate on the price of an MDX? Was there a specific internet department that you worked with? Did you make contact over e-mail, or did you visit them in person? We may be looking in the near future for a tech/ent like you purchased. Thanks very much for the info!
  • Options
    mpjl27mpjl27 Member Posts: 2
    thanks, get_an_mdx....here's what i'm looking at now for a Base MDX:

Invoice $36265
    Dest 670
    Sub-total 36935
    Plus 500
    Total $37435

Plus tax, tags ($331), docs ($185), so it looks like about $40,500. What does anyone think?
  • Options
    clothesguyclothesguy Member Posts: 5
    My taxes in Illinois were about $3000....wow what state do you live in? My doc fee was $59 and license plate transfer $80
  • Options
    jimjack..I feel that is not a bad price.
    Have you driven both sport and base model ? Was curious... I have driven both base model and sport model. I feel that the sport model is a tiny bit more quieter (less vibration on the leg) - I am sure most people won't feel the difference . Was curious if anyone else felt the difference or is it just my imagination.
  • Options
    nelsrud..All 3 dealers in MN (all of them in the twin cities area) were good. However Bloomington Acura and Buerkle Acura gave the best quotes(both quotes were very, very close). Incidently, we been to both these locations to test drive (several times) and to check the colours. Both locations, the sales person that talked to us were internet sales person (very,very pleasant to deal with and not pushy at all). I would have put their contact information here, but I think it is not allowed. If you want it, let me know your emailID here (get a temp email ID from yahoo or hotmail). I will sent it out to you.

To answer your questions...I did meet with them in person (just a coincidence) and then did my "request for quotes" through edmunds and cars.com. Followed up with phone calls on all those dealers who hadn't responded back. At the end of the day, I got the quotes and selected the best deal
  • Options
    emc8725emc8725 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at purchasing the basic, premium package 07 MDX for $36,900 in the Chicago area, which would make it just under $40,000 out the door. This does not include the protection package. Inventory price is listed at Edmunds at $36,266. Does $36,900 seem reasonable? A previous post had indicated that Chicago area customers shouldn't be paying over invoice for this model. Should I try to get the protection package thrown in for this price? Several dealers mentioned that they only carry inventory with the protection package already on the car. Thoughts? Thanks very much.
  • Options
    To all inquiring on the MDX. I had a discussion with the internet sales guy just last night. I had him go to the edmunds site for a match up with the Enclave CXL loaded.
    The obvious was the cost of the MDX Sport package @ 3K more. The different packages where odd in that they at times were already part of the MDX where it was a package format on the Enclave. The end result was the Enclave offered more for a lot less. The 2 were vary close al in all as admitted by the sales fella.
    I tow a boat about 12-15 times during the summer months thus the ability to pull 4K lbs was important. The MDX must add the tow for 1K more. Doesn't have the roof rack, 19" wheels and a few more goodies not really worth the talk actually.
    But when it comes to 3K and more dollars. One has to say Hmmm. I let the dealer know that he needs to do more work on his offer and get back to me. Currently, I have an offer of the 07 Acadia SLT 2 @ 500 below invoice and will offer invoice on the 08 Enclave.
    July 1 is the mark to pull off the deal as was mentioned. I'm in California (bay area). Seems as though most of you are back east or mid west?
    Acura rarely visits the invoice for their sales. GM will go there often.
    I have driven the MDX sport and I feel the difference sufficient to prefer it because of the tow factor and I like the fell just in general. The sport/ent package has the DVD,power lift gate and heated 2nd row seats which don't interest me especially for 2K more. I like the Nav and that is offered on all models past the base model. I'm a contractor that needs to do estimations and must know where to go without having to read the directions as he drives.
  • Options
    As you noted, I posted previously that you can in fact get at invoice or below in the chicagoland. I did my research for 7 months and noted to the dealers that I will buy only at or below invoice. Specifically, as I did, Call Arlington Acura (in Palatine, IL where I just bought an MDX tech at $100 under invoice; it will be delivered in the next few days). Talk to the internet sales manager ("Curt"). I believe his quote for base model to me was roughly $100-130 or so below invoice. Just watch out for the slightly inflated accessories (if you need them). Nonetheless, my experience with "Curt" has been very good - extremely pleasant and helpful personality.
  • Options
    sijsij Member Posts: 4
    Has anybody bought MDX w/Tech recently what is the best price we can expect in Dallas /fw

Regards
    S
  • Options
    cvistacvista Member Posts: 54
    I'm sorry but why in this world would you compare Acura to Buick/GMC ??

I wouldn't buy a GM 5000 below invoice. Sorry. They are not even worth that in long term. Why would anyone on this world pay 40K for a GM junk.

For god's sake, leave Acura alone and compare GM to may be Kia or Hyundai please.

I wonder if you are a GM employee or a dealer trying to promote their cars.
  • Options
    Just picked up Sport+Ent MDX for out-the-door price of $48,700 (44,955 + 115(all season mats) + tax + doc +reg fees) from Bloomington Acura in MN.
    Wonderful experience !!
    Sales Person spent almost 1 hour explaining the car, how to use the features etc and making sure we understand it.
    Highly recommended !!
  • Options
    cvista,
    Not a nice way to carry on a discussion I'd suggest. Have another beer. Employee of GM? No not even close. I have done much research on many cars that would tow my 4K lbs ski boat. I'll always give any vehicle that has very good ratings from all the magazines of car knowledge, some attention. Read any of them and the 3 from GM have impressed Road & Track, Car & Driver, Motor Trend etc. It was worth my while to look at what all the hub bub was all about.
    If you had driven the vehicle, you may have been a bit lees accussive and or suggestive.
    Non the less, I have driven their Crossover vehicles. The Buick Enclave and the GMC version Acadia. Pay no attention to me mind you. Just for kicks and who knows what else floats you, go to the SUV portion of this site and locate any of these 2 vehicles. Then go to the reviews portion and read the remarks given by the owners and perspective buyers. It is what this forum is all about I'd think. Now, does that mean that all of those who chose to write about the cars were happy? Nope but then some have turned in their BMW X5 for the Enclave and actually are glad they did.
    So, what does this mean for me? Still negotiating on a few cars (SUV types). The Q7 Audi, VW Toureg, Acura MDX, Toyota 4Runner Limited V8, and yes the 2 GM products. I drive an 02 Suburban currently that has been zero problems for me no with 88K miles. Happy? Yes.. Lucky? Perhaps..
    We all have our choices but damn son, chill some..
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,527
    This discussion is about Acura MDX: Prices Paid.

It isn't about the Buick Enclave or each other.. If you wish to compare the Acura MDX to another vehicle, there are plenty of discussions available for that.

But, not here.

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx,
    You're absolutely correct. I have read some of these posts and found some words of dismay or desperate searches for the best price and frustration included. That would be normal in a search for one's car. I too am in that situation. I broached the topic for others to consider. Perhaps selfishly, I thought I'd get some decent feedback on my attempts and also thought I'd share what I had learned. I'm most serious about the MDX believe me. But when 40 grand goes thru your account, you likely want to make sure you have covered your bases. Sometimes when people get hung up on their choices another point of view is refreshing. My error. I assumed that another consideration might be worth one's consideration. I am a true believer in Acura as I have owned one and loved it. I suggested the invoice and how it usually is with Acura because it's true. I also mentioned the frequency of how GM gets around their invoice very quickly because they do often. But in my mind, they need to to either stimulate more activity as they have an up hill battle to prove their product is perhaps better than before and/or they have a glut of inventory. I'll mind my manners and allow this particular phase of the this forum stay the course.
    Jim
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    get_an_mdx, invoice price, including destination, on a Sport+Ent is $43,996 so it appears that Bloomington Acura sold it to you for invoice + $959. How hard did you have to negotiate to get your deal?
  • Options
    jimjack,

You say you get the same options for less money with GM, Ofcourse. That's exactly is the point. You pay premium for Acura because of reliability and quality which is unheard of from GM cars.

You can compare GM and Acura cars for the features you are looking for, but not the price. Because quality and reliability comes at a price.

That's exactly why Thinkpad costs twice as much as a dell. To be honest, I wont even rent GM cars if I have an option.

Good that GM is making some nice looking cars these days but at the same time fooling people into thinking that the quality is also as good as the looks. I mean , it takes years if not decades for GM to start building cars that match Acura quality. You just can't do it overnight.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,527
    SSSHHHHH...

We are done with the comparisons here...

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    newkidontheblonewkidontheblo Member Posts: 5
    Hi:
    I am looking for 2007 Acura MDX with Tech/Entertainment package. I contacted the 3 dealers via carsdirect.com. Buerkley Acura responded quickly and I am seeing them this weekend. Bloomington Acura took a day to respond and asked me a question. I replied that I am waiting for a response for more than a day. I have also contacted Acura dealer in White Bear Lake.
    Just to compare the price I contacted the Acura dealer in Palantine, IL. They called me back ASAP. They had the car in the requested color. They quoted me a price of $42995 and I was able to lower the price to $42800 plus doc fee of $58 and sticker fee of $10. This price seems OK but the price of accessories seemed high to me. They have offerred 10% discount on the price of accessories. For example
    wood shift knob installed was quoted at $195.
    Auto Day/Night mirror at $430
    Towing package at $1092
    Body side molding at $399
    Wheel locks $143
    Cargo Liner $259
    How does the base price of Acura Tech/Ent sound?
    How can I save money on accessories? Can I buy them from HondaAcuraWorld.com and have Acura dealership install them?

Since I don't have any price quote from the MN dealers I have no idea if they will be able to come close to this price.

Thanks for your responses.
  • Options
    dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    Yes, you can buy the accessories from Hondacuraworld.com and have a dealer install them for you. I did that with my side moldings.

Some items you can install yourself such as cargo liner and shift knob (I'm sure the 2007's are the same as my 2006 where the knob literally twists on and off)

Having bought two MDX's in the Chicagoland area, I can say Arlington Acura in Palatine has always had overinflated prices for their accessories and installation prices.
  • Options
    gublooogublooo Member Posts: 12
    Hey guys

Just got my metallic blue MDX with sports and entertainment for 45069$ including everything.

Its brand new car right from the factory and had only 7 miles on it.

I'm loving this car - its just AWESOME. The dealer was also very helpful and spent more than 1 hour explaining everything.

GREAT CAR - GREAT DEALER
  • Options
    My suggestion is to go on the Acura WEB site and either check the accessories prices or order them to your zip code. I found out that the Acura Web prices for the accessories are almost always lower than what the dealer, for example, at Palatine IL quoted me. Example, Mirror + installation should be around $300 (if I recall correctly) vs the $430 you were quoted. Do the same for all others on your list. This way, at least, you are not paying over-inflated prices on top of the MSRP. The web page will also give you a guage of how fair you are being treated.
  • Options
    newkidontheblonewkidontheblo Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Today I finally met a dealer face to face. It was Buerkle Acura. They had plenty of 2007 MDX's available. I asked him to give me his best price for Tech + Entertainment MDX. He came back with a price of $43300. He told me that this is only a few hundred dollars over invoice. I showed him a consumer report pricing report that showed that his price including holdbacks is $41300. He was unwilling to lower the price. I told him that I will pay him $42800 and I want 10% discount on all the accessories. I haven't heard back from him yet.
    I have received an email from White Bear Acura telling me that they are giving a discount of $3000 to $3500 on all 2007 Acura MDX's. This is far cry from my 2001 Acurd MDX buying experience when I waited for 6 months and paid full price.

What are the risks of buying cars from out of town? I have never done this. When I buy from local car dealers and I go there for service they give me a free rental car to get back to work. I was wondering if they will provide worse service if the know I didn't buy the car from them. Will they give me free loaner cars? If the answer is no then I will be better for buying locally, paying a little bit more than buying from out of town to save $500-$600.

Thanks
  • Options
    eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    My wife and I purchased our MDX 4 years ago. It was an out of town purchase. We live in Washington DC, and we purchased the MDX from an Acura dealer in Columbus, Ohio. Go back to post #564 in this forum, where I explain the entire deal. Basically, an out of town purchase makes sense if it is a better deal than what you can receive locally. Only you would be able to determine that. At the time, No one in the DC area could come close to the deal we received. As far as service, you should not have any problems from your local dealer about servicing a vehicle purchased elsewhere. Remember- The service department makes money servicing vehicles. They are not(at least here in DC) concerned about where it was purchased. If you get a job transfer to another state, you are going to go to the Acura dealer near your new home to get it serviced.

Finally a suggestion on accessories. Print out the accessory price list from the hondacuraworld site, take it to the dealer and ask them to match the price. If they say no, just order it from hondacuraworld, and pay the dealer to install them, or do it yourself, depending on the accessory. As long as the part is an original Acura part, the dealers will install them.

I have owned Acuras since 1990, and if it is a part that I need to replace, but have some time( ex. the muffler) I will order it online, and then take it to the dealer to install.
  • Options
    Host,
    I appreciate your attempt to referee but I don't think the dialog was in nasty intent between cvista and myself. A matter of some good banter is all. thank you nonetheless.
    BTW. For the record:
    I did use all the tools afforded to me via GM,Toyota, Honda, Acura, VW, BMW and Audi, The only one's I tested for what it was I needed to fit my concerns.
    I am truly grateful that we have in our procession the selections that I have mentioned and all the others that people have at their disposal.
    newkidontheblock.. For your consideration and any others in the market for the MDX:
    I purchased the MDX Sport invoiced @ $42004.00..
    I paid 200 over and got the following at cost as well.
    Roof Rack (532.00), Tow pkg (912.00), body side molding (324.00), Sport running boards (526.00), and cargo tray (125.00). This car had just come off the transporter and it was the very one that I had wanted.
    So stick to your guns and be prepared to hit all the dealers with your needs and demands. Put'em up against the wall with a full intent to buy and the money support behind you.
    I used the email approach with firm but business mannered verbiage. Indicated that I had been in contact with others and would like their reply to your offer.
    BTW, I offered mine @ invoice with everything else @ cost and my cargo tray @ no charge. The only thing I lost was the tray @ cost vs no charge and the 200 over vs invoice. I also indicated that I had a viable quote from another dealer once I had my guns loaded. I walked in knowing exactly what I could get. I asked for yet even more and still got it.
    If this helps... always speak in terms and relations to invoice and not price. Work them against a number you know not what they know you don't know.

Hope this is of some help

Jim
  • Options
    Jimjach,

Congrats. Drive it for a week and you will know what I was talking about. You spent 42 grands on it but it's worth. SH-AWD itself is worth a lot of money and peace of mind. Believe me. I have been looking for 4 months and have never found one worth spending 40K except MDX. I will have mine soon.