Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    malyelmalyel Member Posts: 46
    Boy that makes no sense. I would use the difference to your advantage. Pressure the higher priced dealer to explain why there tech's are slower than the other authorized dealers. Ask if you should contact Acura USA and find out if they have a suggested labor estimate that is used by dealers because you feel their higher labor prices make you feel like you might be getting taken advantage of.

I bought Sport Running Boards, Fender Garnish and Day/Night Mirror for a total of around $1600. Minus 10% put the total at around $1450.

Good Luck!

• Options
    lall_joelall_joe Member Posts: 25
    Stevem7,
    Looks like you have a good dealership there. Good price on the trade-in. Can you tell us the name of dealership ?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    nelsrudnelsrud Member Posts: 7
    might make sense...i'm doing the same thing in my local market, but I'm a Chicago native and get there alot. If the buyers have firm specs with no trade-ins, it might be a good thing. anybody "clubbed" on purchase like this before? Curious.
  • Options
    nealynealy Member Posts: 3
    Was that the drive out price?? Tax and Doc fees?
  • Options
    parigeetparigeet Member Posts: 6
    So finally got the MDX this weekend from Peoria, AZ. This was the final price i paid for the MDX with Tech and Entertainment.

Selling Price: $42638.54
    Sales Tax: 3453.72
    Licence,Trfer Title & Registration: $783.74
    Tire fee: $5.00
    Doc fee:369.00
    TOTAL OTD: $47250.00

Based on the dealer the car included the add on package (window tint,wheel locks,cargo tray,door edge guards & zak tek polymer coating).Tried to get rid of the high doc fee, but dealer would not go any lower.
    All in all very good experience. Finance took longer than expected as they went over all the extra addons...but I politely declined all of them and no pressure from them to buy.
    I think i did good with the price, considering that we live in AZ.I agree with "toast" 100%. . Also if i were in AZ, i would not even bother going to acura of Tempe or Scottsdale. Tempe never bothered to send a quote and Scottsdale doesnt even come close to Peoria's pricing.
  • Options
    winston03winston03 Member Posts: 20
    I finally pulled the trigger and purchased my MDX outside of Atlanta. I am in Ohio on vacation and after my 2006 Escalade sat on Auto Trader for a month with no calls, I decided to trade it in today. I purchased from "Acura of Cleveland". I got the Black/parchment with the tech package. Totals go like this. Paid $39,700 which included destination and pro pack. Tack on 250 for doc fee and 250 for roof rails. I will pay sales tax when I get back to Georgia on the price difference of the 2 vehicles. Glad the search is over and I'm loving my new ride.
  • Options
    lttmkd5lttmkd5 Member Posts: 19
    No tax and Doc fees. Those are in addition to.
  • Options
    yes...ldolph484384@comcast.net
  • Options
    kaefkaef Member Posts: 7
    Congrats. You have a great deal.
    What's the pro pack?
  • Options
    Thanks, all season floor mats, cargo mat and wheel locks
  • Options
    bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Anyone recently buy the Sport/Tech MDX in the New York area? I'm in Westchester. I got a quote from Manhattan Acura. First offer was 44,725. I was in a rush so I couldn't get into it with him. He said his sales mgr. could maybe reduce it by 500.

Bo.
  • Options
    stevem7stevem7 Member Posts: 26
    Lall Joe,

I got my MDX from Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA. Overall great experience. So far the car has been awesome.
  • Options
    delta3delta3 Member Posts: 10
    Finally, after few emails back and forth here is what I get so far, please let me know what you think about the price:

2007 MDX tech + ent
    accessories:
    1. Roof rail
    2. Roof cross bar
    3. Sports running board
    4. Wood grain steering wheel
    5. Wood grain shift knob
    6. Protection package 2
    7. Cargo cover

$42,394 w/o accessories
    $44,816.93 w/ accessories
  • Options
    impaylerimpayler Member Posts: 14
    Hi Bodid,
    I got MDX with Tech (no sport) for $40,104 including destination fee at Route 22 Acura in Springfiled. I had a great shopping experience, not tricks. All of new York dealers give inflated prices, because of fat cats that are willing to pay more. DO yourself a favor, go to Jersey.
    E-mail me if you have any questions at vshafiro@gmail.com
  • Options
    Anyone interested in a group buy?

I've done group buys with various items directly from a dealer, so why not with cars?

If you're interested let me know. If we can get between 10-25 definite buys, we'll have legitimate leverage for a great price.

Please state trim, color, and any accessories. I'm in NY so if you're on the East Coast, and in proximity to the Wash.-NY-Boston corridor, we should be able to find a dealer willing to move cars fast.

Bo
  • Options
    jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Group buy would only be possible with a single dealer and would be exceedingly difficult to coordinate if people from more than a short distance away wanted to participate.

I do know of cases where a couple of friends both wanted the same car and strong armed dealers into better deals on popular models than might otherwise be possible.
  • Options
    kaefkaef Member Posts: 7
    I'm interested. Even though I'm from central florida. I'll be willing to travel if the discount is big enough.
    I want just the tech, plus small things like mud guard, body molding, wheel nuts.

First, let me thank you for the effort.
  • Options
    Really no effort at all. I'm doing the work for myself anyway, so why not try for a better deal. There must be at least 25 people that frequent this forum on a given day looking to buy an MDX right now. If you're at all interested, and ready to buy, let me know. If it takes 4 weeks to get 10+ interested parties it's not worth it. I'm calling dealer fleet managers to see what kind of a deal I can put together. Look at it this way, if we can get a good number of people in on a group buy and get a great deal, we can celebrate our good fortune before we pick up our cars. Could be fun.
  • Options
    Of couse a single dealer. There's quite a few dealerships with enough inventory to satisfy 10+ buyers. Once I've got an offer on the table, the individual buyers will be responsible for settling their deals. If it's a great deal, everyone should be on board and ready to buy.

Best case scenerio gets everyone a great deal; show up, pay for your car, and drive away. If I can't find 10 righteous men or women looking for a great deal I'll give up, abandon my search, and move to Sodom or Gommorah. I hear real estate is fairly reasonable there these days.
  • Options
    I'm sitting on a bid from a dealer in the upper midwest for 43,100 for the tech/ent pkg and this includes everything except taxes, title and license. That's 1000 over invoice per Edmunds. I'd be pleased with 500-750 over with dealer cost on accessories....any comments from MDXers appreciated. Great forum. Really helpful.
  • Options
    No interest? You mean I can't find 10 people interested in a group buy in the NY area? Is this not worth a shot to anyone looking to buy right now?
  • Options
    In the midwest...a little far for me to go/ship...I'll make up difference not too far from here. thanks though. good luck on this. j
  • Options
    a little too far, I agree. Maybe you could move further east.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    Seems like a lot of trouble to save a few hundred dollars.. :)

And.. to complete a financial transaction involving nine other people that you don't know. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Well, if you could get your MDX at invoice out the door, not including accessories, would it be worth it? It's worth it to me. I agree on the other nine people; I don't know them, don't want to know them, and I wouldn't be getting involved in their transaction. All I'm trying to do is act as a conduit to a leveraged sale. Is there power in numbers? Only one way to find out...
  • Options
    On second thought I think you're right. Dealerships don't want groups coming into their showroom asking for better prices. Groups have purchasing power. They rather 'pick off' the uninformed, individual buyers one by one, rather than deal with an informed group.
  • Options
    You can get 500 over invoice without any negotiation in naperville. I got stuck with accessories. dont really know what should be the fair markup...
  • Options
    Well, I'm the proud owner of an '07 tech/ent MDX. Price was 600 over dealer invoice and accessories at dealer cost. Feel good about it. This is a great forum. I learned alot and thank everybody for sharing their local insight. Great deal. Great car. Go get one. Jim
  • Options
    I wish I would have purchased the RES. I do believe I will have one installed but I would like to get the same overhead dvd that Acura uses as not all overhead units will work with the mdx. I know it's a panasonic?? Can anyone who purchased the res tell me the model number and perhaps I can order the unit over the net and have it installed locally. Acura advised that I can not order it through them. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds
  • Options
    closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    How do you know that you got the accessories as "cost"? Is this information published somewhere?
  • Options
    closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    I'm not sure that is possible. The DVD is inserted into the dashboard. The overhead unit is just a monitor.
  • Options
    If you look at the Acura.com site at the accessories, the prices they list are without labor to install. That's pretty close to cost.
  • Options
    jammikejammike Member Posts: 38
    What is the need for the Group buy? Msg 4803 shows that you can get 2007 MDX Tech for $40000 inc destination before Tax/Title.

One can already get MDX in NJ $500/$750 below invoice for any model. :)

Unless there is a rebate/special finance program available from Acura, do you think Group buy can get a much better deal which is worth the effort ?? :confuse:
  • Options
    ratrace26ratrace26 Member Posts: 4
    How did things go with the unistall / reinstall ? Any other issues? Was this purchased in Orange Park ?

Again - nice price !
  • Options
    ajzancaajzanca Member Posts: 3
    I have an appointment at my local dealer (sanford/lake mary) to have the console corrected on Monday June 18th with a loaner car being supplied. The MDX I bought was brought in on a flatbed from Miami, so the console issue had nothing to do with Orange Park as they only had the car for about 12 hours total. Otherwise the MDX has performed nicely despite the around town mileage, highway 22-24 depending on speed and city about 12! One issue I have had with Orange Park is the inability to get my proper amount of tag/title money refunded, I gave them $129.00 ($80 + $49) as part of my purchase price, they spent $47.85 on my behalf, they refunded me $13.15 last week, but I still figure I'm owed $68.00. Other than that I am happy with the purchase, I am disappointed with the fact that the radio doesn't read or display information over the radio like most gm vehicles and alike,ie. song, artist and station info. Also, the cd player doesn't display info either, it says in the manual that certain discs will, but I've yet to find any. All tolled we are very pleased with this vehicle purchase, good luck with your research/purchase! :shades:
  • Options
    malyelmalyel Member Posts: 46
    Dealer cost is easily 50%-60% or more below those prices. You didn't get your accessories at dealer cost, it sounds like you got the accessories installed for free. Installation is not going to add 50%-60%. :confuse:
  • Options
    jeffbreckerjeffbrecker Member Posts: 6
    what dealership in the chicago area is this? I'm downtown and want to get one in the chicago metro area. Mortonsgrove? Highland Park? you can email me directly at jeffbrecker@gmail.com
  • Options
    clothesguyclothesguy Member Posts: 5
    I have been quoted everything from full sticker , $1000 over invoice to $500 over invoice within 3 weeks in the Chicago area. I bought one for the later. Mcgrath, Napelton, and Arlington seem more willing to work with you.
  • Options
    manjax77manjax77 Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote for 40,500 on acura mdx with tech package. Other fees are as follows Documentation fee: $250, title, registration, new tags = $85.50 + (around 3000 tax). I live in Cleveland area.
    Can anyone let know this is a good deal or not.
    Thanks
  • Options
    clothesguyclothesguy Member Posts: 5
    That's about $400 over invoice which is good, but the doc fee seems inflated. Are you getting any accessories or extended warranty?
  • Options
    manjax77manjax77 Member Posts: 2
    I am not planning to get extended guarntee. ?Is it better to get an extended warranty?. Also regarding accessories I am still undecided on accessories.
    Any input on the above issues is appreciated
  • Options
    Got my first quote from Curry Acura (Westchester,NY.) at invoice out the door,
    not including TTL. Seemed a little too easy. Anyone getting below invoice out the door in the NY area?
  • Options
    cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    Just for your information in chicago area: I have a quote for MDX Tech at $40,001 (includes destination) from an Acura dealer in Arlington area of chicagoland (translates to roughly $103 or so below invoice). My quote for the base model is $150 or so under invoice. I have been researching Prices over the last 7 months and am ready to buy this week for my wife - it is encouraging to see that a new MDX can be had at invoice. DO NOT PAY OVER INVOICE in chicago area.
  • Options
    itsjustme0770itsjustme0770 Member Posts: 1
    I was just offered 44265 by a North Texas dealer on a Sport. I would appreciate any feedback on this starting offer. I figure there is more room here, but would love a sense of what room there is?
  • Options
    cyrus,

mind to share the details thru email? lyaoATyahooDOTcom. thanks
  • Options
    cyruscyrus Member Posts: 25
    I found out today that although the MDX tech (at arlington, IL) is at 100 under invoice, but the accesories are very INFLATED. I am likely buying from LIBERTYVILLE (IL) at Invoice ($40,100) + accesories at 10% discount (D/N mirror + Roof Rack + Cross bars + Cargo Tray /Cover = $1170 includes Installation according to a Phone conversation with my salesman).
    A NOTE on my sales experience so-far: similar to JD Power ratings of acura sales, I rate my sales experience with acura so far at best, ONLY AVERAGE (Honestly, I am being generous here to them - not up to high luxury car standards like my infiniti experience).
  • Options
    Westchester, NY. Invoice out the door incl. delivery...42,004. Initial offer of 10% off accessories. Souns high, but what kind of inventory do the dealers have out there? NY dealerships are FULL of MDX...
  • Options
    Thanks very much cyrus. As far as the experience goes, I share the same feeling. Another problem with the MDX sales is that the accessories. The price varies wildly from dealer to dealer. The only reference point is acura's own website. I called acura and was told that is only a reference point, dealer can do whatever they want to do in terms of markup and labor cost. Looks like your accessoires are pretty close to MSRP(which is $1012). I will give Libertyville guys a ring again.
  • Options
    krod2k7krod2k7 Member Posts: 3
    Princeton Area dealer offering

Formal Black w/Ebony Interior

MSRP: $46,365 (including destination)
    Sale Price: $44,000 (including destination)
    Doc Fees: $169
    Taxes: NJ at 7%

Not too happy with the price. Anyone have a better price in this area?
  • Options
    krod2k7krod2k7 Member Posts: 3
    What dealer in NJ gave you 42,095 for Tech/Ent? I got 44,000 from Princeton area dealer.