Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,237
    6 cents down to $3.09

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

And...$3.03

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited November 2014
    Saw $2.59 regular late this afternoon.

Diesel at the same station was $3.39 so not much movement there.

It was around 4:30 pm and there was a lot of jockeying for a pump. The Valero across the street was $3.62. I had a half tank so maybe it'll drop so more by the time I need to fill.
    $2.97 in Lock Haven yesterday, $2.99 here in Happy Valley

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2014
    stever said:

We decided to make it look a bit fresher and avoid stale gas.

Speaking of stale gas, I got the snow blower out of the back of the shed and got it running today. Didn't use it at all last year (must be all that work at the gym) but I figured I should check if the fuel tank had turned into Jello B) since it did snow here bit on Friday afternoon

Edmunds Moderator

• fintailfintail Posts: 48,093
    This might be the wildest spread I've ever seen:

It's almost like they ran out of "3"s and had to use a "4" for the diesel sign.
  • gagricegagrice Pahrump, NevadaPosts: 31,432
    AAA is saying using E15 is bad for pre 2012 cars. Good to have a diesel.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceW9Nc1hVHU?feature=player_detailpage
  • fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,376
    $2.61 at Costco. Other than the brand X stations no one comes close.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    Filled yesterday for $2.59 at a Brand X that was pumping Murphy gas.

Prices seem to have bottomed out here.
    On my way home I saw a higher priced station's price had dropped, so I'm expecting something south of $2.99 at my regular stop in the morning. I'm expecting to see lower prices on our trip to NYC this weekend as we head east across I-80

Edmunds Moderator

• fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,376
    Prices have been stable here for more than a week but oil went under $75 a barrel today so stay tuned.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
    Went to ABQ today and forgot to fill up there. So I stopped in Socorro, and paid $2.89. What a rip. B) Only put ten gallons in, and that got us to the Walmart/Murphy on the north end of Las Cruces right when the low fuel light came on. Put 17.6 gallons in at $2.59.
    And today I spotted some regular for $2.47. My wife remarked that it was too bad the van's low fuel light wasn't on and we weren't running on fumes so I could take advantage of it. :p
    We've been stagnant at $2.99 here in Happy Valley for the longest time :o

Edmunds Moderator

$2.38 for regular today.

If this gas glut goes like the one in 2010, I was buying Costco RUG for $2.81 vs $2.93 today. By April 2011 it was back up to $4.05, same Costco. Maybe the oil companies are chumming the waters to get people to buy the gas guzzlers for Christmas.

Just filled the Touareg with Shell ULSD $3.47. Lots of around town driving here and Palm Springs, still got 24.73 MPG. Same trip in the Sequoia would have used 29.5 gallons @ $2.93 would be $23 more than it cost in the Touareg. And somewhere in the middle of nowhere I would have to find a gas station which would probably charge $4 a gallon. Can't beat that 600+ miles on a tank.
    After being stagnant for quite some time, we got a 4 cent drop to $2.95 this morning. I guess our number finally came up on the big wheel!

Edmunds Moderator

Never fails. May have to really look hard at a Prius soon.

Then flip it when gas pops $5 a gallon in a year. B)
    stever said:

Never fails. May have to really look hard at a Prius soon.

Then flip it when gas pops $5 a gallon in a year. B)

Agitator! ;)

Happy Turkey!

Edmunds Moderator

edited November 2014
    Looking for an empty mayo jar right now so I can make the rim sing along with the fine crystal. :D

Morning paper said the cheapest gas in the state was $2.32 up in Albuquerque.
    edited November 2014
    stever said:

Looking for an empty mayo jar right now so I can make the rim sing along with the fine crystal. :D

Hey,when you have a chance to pop someone's balloon, you have to take it :D

Edmunds Moderator

Albuquerque has some cheap gas for sure. San Diego lowest is $2.79. However we have you beat on Diesel at $3.23 CC price. The Union 76 station I used twice on my Oregon trip is down to $3.01 for diesel. They have RUG for $2.99. That is the lowest price for diesel of all my favorites on Gas Buddy.
    edited November 2014
    Filled up today for $2.35. Not too shabby. Didn't even have to wait for a pump on a Saturday afternoon. Don't think this Murphy even has diesel, and I never think to check on Premium prices.

We did an El Paso airport run last night and gas down there is the same as San Diego. When you cross back into New Mexico, the first exit has gas for $2.49.
    $2.93

another 2 cents worth :)

Edmunds Moderator

• texasestexases Posts: 8,922
    Filled up for $2.45 RUG yesterday.
    PF_Flyer said:

$2.93

another 2 cents worth :)

Too quick on the trigger :o I should have waited for the news story to come out about the possibility of crude dropping to $40. By lunchtime, price was down again to $2.89

Edmunds Moderator

• Stever,

How's the price in LA?

Is it sticker shock compared to NM?
    I see the diesel price just South of you in Roseburg, OR has dropped under 3 bucks. That is the Union 76 station I used for my time in Oregon. My cheapest Shell went down another penny to $3.26 on credit card. Most Chevron stations charge extra for CC. ARCO does not take CC only cash or Debit with a charge for debit.