Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 110,135
    $2.299 for RUG at the Kroger today.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,882
    Going across I-80 today I paid $2.59 at a Love's travel stop, saw $2.49 at a Flying J, and got home to a steady $2.69

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs

• fintailfintail Posts: 47,555
    Paid $2.93 (cash) for PUG at Chevron today. The cash discounts are now more than the savings from Amex.
  • gagricegagrice Pahrump, NevadaPosts: 31,432
    How many use Vons, Safeway or Albertsons to get discount gas? How will the forced sale of 146 stores effect you? Has anyone heard of Haggen grocery chain? They are getting 25 of our stores for conversion. Around here Chevron offers discounts for Vons buyers.

http://www.sdbj.com/news/2014/dec/19/25-local-supermarkets-are-among-146-being-acquired/
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited December 2014
    We have Albertsons (owned by Cerberus of Chrysler fame I guess), but they don't require any cards for getting specials so I don't have one anymore. They don't have their own pumps here either I don't think. My wife likes the ones here but all in all I'd rather do Walmart for staples and produce and hit the local "Toucan" for the meat and bread. And Mexican Cokes.

Looks like Albertsons split off Valero gas stations and I use them sometimes.

Don't know if they sell gas but my favorite name for groceries is a brand owned by owfg.com. Hit a lot of their BC stores back in the day - how can you not love a grocery named "overweightee"? :p

The grocery you really want to lobby for is WinCo.

Looks like a good road trip year ahead:

U.S. Families To Save $550 on Gas in 2015, Government Report Says
    Friends are taking off for Moscow ID tomorrow. They usually fly. They just bought a new Fusion and figure the gas will be less than one RT airfare. 4 of them in that car seems tight. The two girls are thin. All four will be driving, so straight through they will go.
    gagrice said:

Friends are taking off for Moscow ID tomorrow. They usually fly. They just bought a new Fusion and figure the gas will be less than one RT airfare. 4 of them in that car seems tight. The two girls are thin. All four will be driving, so straight through they will go.

My DIL is leaving for St. George, UT tomorrow to spend the holidays with her family. It was suggested she fly - RT airfare was running about $600! It's about 5 or 6 tanks of gas round trip between CO and UT - at no more than $30 or so per tank I wouldn't think she'll spend more than $200 on gas.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Gas at two stations downtown tonight was $1.83 for regular.
    We dropped again, but still up at $2.65

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

$2.239 for RUG at the local Kroger. Paid $2.559 (after .10 discount) for Shell V-Power 91 on Sunday for the wife's car.

Michaell said:

$2.239 for RUG at the local Kroger. Paid $2.559 (after .10 discount) for Shell V-Power 91 on Sunday for the wife's car.

Man, everybody got lower pricing than me :'(

Edmunds Moderator

PF_Flyer said:

Michaell said:

Man, everybody got lower pricing than me :'(

Pretty bad when you have higher prices than San Diego. Our Costco stores are all at $2.35 for RUG and the one Costco with diesel is at $2.65. Shell RUG as low as $2.49.
    $2.63 for Christmas... still not San Diego-ish

Edmunds Moderator

• texasestexases Posts: 8,807
    $1.83 in Dallas...
    Good to hear; my sister reports that it's around $2 a gallon over in Chattanooga so I can splurge on hotels a bit this next trip.
  • texasestexases Posts: 8,807
    $1+ premium for diesel? So much for saving money...
    It sure is nice having some of the lowest diesel prices in the nation. Even better the prices are lower in Roseburg Oregon where I will be taking my Spring vacation.

Costco holding at $2.65, only 6 cents higher than Premium.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/Costco_Gas_Stations/Chula_Vista/75686/index.aspx
    On Wednesday, a 9.8 cent gas tax increase went into effect here in PA, yet our local price dropped to $2.55 which is still higher than a lot of places. Not that I'm into conspiracies, but it sure does feel like our prices have been held high so that the tax increase could be eased in and have it look like the price was still dropping.

Edmunds Moderator

Our cheapest gas went back up a nickel to $1.87 a couple of days after I posted my pic above and has been holding there.
  • slorenzenslorenzen Posts: 694
    stever said:

Our cheapest gas went back up a nickel to $1.87 a couple of days after I posted my pic above and has been holding there.

You have a real mean streak, ya know that Stever?

What's really killing me is that regular is $1.67 in Detroit. Just can't believe that.
  • jae5jae5 Posts: 1,206
    Petrol prices near me in the states (Oswego/Plano, IL area) were $1.79 early Monday morning then increased roughly 50 cents to $2.26 on average that evening, have been holding steady at that price ever since. Still can't complain but just wondering why the jump
  • slorenzenslorenzen Posts: 694
    jae5 said:

Petrol prices near me in the states (Oswego/Plano, IL area) were $1.79 early Monday morning then increased roughly 50 cents to $2.26 on average that evening, have been holding steady at that price ever since. Still can't complain but just wondering why the jump

Was there some tax increase like California just implemented? Theirs went up 70 cents/gallon to combat global warming...I don't know what that means...
    $1.899 for RUG at Kroger.

Paid $2.299 for Shell V-Power 91 on Monday for the wife's car.

Didn't need any (probably will kick myself next week), but the cheap stations downtown fell to $1.73 for regular.
    No changes here in San Diego. Cheapest $2.29 for RUG, $2.59 for diesel.
    edited January 2015
    Not bad - for California, not bad at all.

Not sure why the cheapest diesel I've spotted here is $2.99. I don't think many people use heating oil and there's no civilian jets flying around. There's a big railroad terminal near the state line as you approach El Paso (they probably have their own pipeline), but nothing else really competing with diesel usage besides trucks that I can think of.
    $2.45 for RUG now...considering we've had almost 20 cents of new taxes added over the lat 12 months... :o

Edmunds Moderator

• jae5jae5 Posts: 1,206
    slorenzen said:

Was there some tax increase like California just implemented? Theirs went up 70 cents/gallon to combat global warming...I don't know what that means...

Don't think so as this morning a couple stations went back to $1.79. Maybe increased the price due to the arctic blast we're going through and stations looking for extra profit with everyone filling their tanks?