Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    highcastlehighcastle Member Posts: 3
    I just got quoted 32,999 + TTL - how would this price stack up against what is out there?
  • Options
    justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    I assume this is a 2011 EX-L RES 4WD?
  • Options
    austinweirdaustinweird Member Posts: 6
    Hi I'm in Austin tx
    I'd like to buy 2011 Honda pilot Ex-L with Res
    how much would be drive out?
    Last Monday, I went one of Honda dealer in Dallas.
    I have negotiated and got the happy amount was $34000 drive out price
    but when I met finance department, they tried to sell warrentee, I was interested it that time because, I'm serious about electric system like DVD
    but price is so different so I said I don't want any thing just give me without warrentee but they said they can't give me promised price without buy warrentee
    I stand up and go out
    how can be happen this? Even they general manager allowed that price!
    And right now, I have contacted other dealer and nobody can make to deal
    give me advise please!
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    austin weird, try calling Gunn Honda in San Antonio.
  • Options
    It's 2011 pilot EXL with RES and FWD
  • Options
    cascolecascole Member Posts: 1
    This board was a great help to me over the past few weeks so i thought i would share the info on the 2011 exl I bought today. San Diego, fed exl no navigation or Res. $30704 + ttl.
  • Options
    hpcarhpcar Member Posts: 5
    Hi cascole - was that 2wd or 4wd?

thanks
  • Options
    It's FWD and I bought 2011 pilot EXL with RES at another dealer in San Antonio
    total drive out cost $34200.
  • Options
    kathleen9759kathleen9759 Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to purchase above car on Long island. best price??? best dealer???
  • Options
    vb25vb25 Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me the name of dealer in san diego.
  • Options
    patrecepatrece Member Posts: 7
    I'm a newbie at purchasing a car. I was told by the dealership that the price of options listed in Edmonds, was only to purchase them and installation charges would be added for each option. I was told that time and labor costs would be accrued and it can run as much as the price of the option. Is this correct?
  • Options
    thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    Your dealer is right, installation is extra.
  • Options
    chartownchartown Member Posts: 2
    $36,904 MSRP

Drove away with $31,500 +TTL. Charlotte, NC. Wife is very happy with it and I felt I did pretty well.
  • Options
    acehawkacehawk Member Posts: 22
    That's a good price. Is there some sort of special rebate going on?
  • Options
    chartownchartown Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    No special rebate I could find. The cash back to the dealer was only available on 2010s. The 1.99% financing up to 36 months is still available on 2011s though.

I just researched the best prices paid that had been posted for the model we wanted and tried to get below it. It was the last day of the month, Memorial Day weekend. I wanted 16% off MSRP ($31,000). Reached a point where they were ready to let me walk (actually did let me walk). Turns out $31,500 was the number, so pretty close. 4 other dealer's "internet managers" told me flat out no when I called with the $31.5K number. Wife put 500 miles on it today and loves it.
  • Options
    energy9energy9 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Getting ready to pull the trigger. What do you say, deal or no deal?

2011 EX-L 4WD (no RES, no NAV) $31,834 OTD= $35,292.98
    I am in NJ where we pay 4 years of vehicle registration upfront when purchasing a new vehicle. Those fees, dest & taxes are included in the OTD. Probably putting down 15k and financing the remainder for 5 yrs at 2.9%, which to my knowledge is in effect (along with 1.9% for 36 months) until July 6th.
  • Options
    energy9energy9 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $31,834 on 2011 EX-L 4WD. That does not include dest. The salesman said the dest is $780, which is $32,614. Makes your $32,000 sound very good!
    My all-in OTD is $35,292.98.

We are also considering NAV. My guy said add $1,808 before tax, of course, which is $33,642. This is price before dest+ttl+tax. I heard the NAV is not great and I am a stickler for shortest route! I think we will pass.
  • Options
    handcontrolhandcontrol Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2011 Touring 4WD Sticker $41,105, purchased for $36,480 and 2.9% for 60mths. I felt this was a fair deal.

Thanks to all those that have posted. I found the information very valuable!
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter wants to talk with recent buyers of a 6+ seat vehicle in the Detroit area. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 4, 2010 and be sure to include your phone number and the vehicle model you own.
  • Options
    churchill6churchill6 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for the exactly same model as you are. the quote is higher than yours.
    I am thinking it is the peak time to get in the 2011 pilot at this moment: 2010 model is gone one weeks ago; no more dealer rebate for 2011 model yet.

what do you think?
  • Options
    jmcar1jmcar1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, we are looking for a 2011 EX-L with Navi AWD- not much luck with pricing and insta quotes - any suggestions on how much we should pay? We live in Hudson Valley, NY - would like to purchase from our local dealership but I want to get the best quote and try to get them to match it.

Pricing suggestions? Dealerships?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hpcarhpcar Member Posts: 5
    Bought 2011 EX-L 4wd from DCH Academy honda - NJ

31550 + 710 + 2258 Tax + 250 Documentation Fee + 399 Registration 4 yr + 7.50 Tire Tax = 35174 OTD

Great experience, quote provided thru internet department (Mark) was detailed with above breakdowns, went there, did paper work in 15 mins.. waited for hour and half to get car ready and all set. Very professional folks.
  • Options
    happy44happy44 Member Posts: 1
    Congratulations on getting a great deal. I'm looking to get the same model. Did your price of $31,500 include the destination charge?
  • Options
    woodstock5woodstock5 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds good/fair. This forum was very helpful. Ordered a 2011 silver/ gray 4wd touring / RES : sealant, protection package, tint, premium running boards, lifetime powertrain ... Picked it up last night drive out 40636. In Houston where I live. Base sticker without extras was 41175 which includes 780 destination. I think I did fair / on par with many here. It was nice to order it. Some dealerships said they couldn't. Don't know why they would say that. It had 7.6 miles on it. Thanks again to all. Still would like to buy a full warranty. Wonder if there is a way to buy just half a warranty since the powertrain is covered by the dealer.
  • Options
    bretambretam Member Posts: 12
    Looking carefully at 2010 model Pilot EX-L 2WD with RES in Houston area. My budget is $30,000 plus TTL. Any opinions if an offer of $30,000 will get a deal done. I will wait till the last day of June before purchasing. Looks like 2011 models are out and maybe dealers want to move the 2010 models. Based on some of the deals I have seen in this forum for 2011 models it doesn't seem like I'm off. Any comments???
  • Options
    I am little bit confused, do you still have 2010 model in town? Why are you saying, the 2011 will be out first by the end of June? Please advise.

I am looking for a 2010 model since 2010 and 2011 models are the same, but 2010 should be cheaper.
  • Options
    blackcar2blackcar2 Member Posts: 1
    Mr. Chartown,

What showroom did you get your car from? I would like to get a quote for Pilot EX-L Res. to see if it is much cheaper than getting one in Atlanta.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    Sorry for the confusion no 2010's left that I can find. Anyway got a quote for $33,160 plus TTL on 2011 EXL 2WD RES. Still seems a bit high. I have had trouble getting these guys to actually shoot me a price via e-mail. I am shopping hard right now and will wait till the last day of June before I buy. Would like to get them down to the $31,500 range. It seems that some on this site have gotten that deal. Any opinion?
  • Options
    caprice2caprice2 Member Posts: 34
    Hi blackcar2

I bought 2 PILOT EX-L on Monday (1 blue & 1 silver) from Hennessey in woodstock for my cousins. Got a great price $32461.07(Drive out, 6% cobb county tax included ).
    The saleslady name is like the word stay No addl options. Tell them Sree / Vamsi referred you.
  • Options
    What dealership in SanAntonio did you buy from? Did the $34,200 drive out include TTL? I am looking at same vehicle in Houston area but haven't gotten the price down to your figure.
  • Options
    aacosta1aacosta1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi , I am looking for 2010/2011 honda pilot awd with navigation, is there anybody knows how much is the price now?
  • Options
    2drivers12drivers1 Member Posts: 1
    Just leased a 2011 pilot EXL 4WD. no nav or res but added bluetooth. 39 months 493 per month 15k miles gave them first month and registration fees on signing. dealer picked up a month of my current lease which i ended early. needed good credit. not done thru honda finance. in new york state. Thought it was a fair deal
  • Options
    juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    hi,

i am looking at 2011 HONDA PILOT 4X4 EX-L RES w/running boards $33,950 (includes destination) + $723 for running board. Is this a good price or not? I am in North NJ.

I am also trading in my exl v6 w/remote starter honda accord 2009 (30k miles), where I am getting 20.5K, 17.5K of which is going towards the new car and 3k I am getting as a seperate check. Someone locally is buying my car right away, as such this setup, initially the gent offered me 22K where extended warranty was included, now not anymore.

For some reason I think I am not getting a good deal on the new car, has anyone done better?

thanks,
    Julian
  • Options
    kufookufoo Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at 2011 HONDA Pilot LX 4WD, the OTD price is $29410, add plate fee.
    Is this a good price or not, I am in detroit, MI
    Thanks
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Julian,

I am confused, are you trading or selling privately? So you know, sales tax is only paid on the difference between your trade & purchase. In PA, the sales tax is 6% so if you are not trading you will lose $1320 (0.06 * $22,000).
  • Options
    bulgokeebulgokee Member Posts: 36
    Julian.

that's a good price. can you tell me what dealer in north NJ offered that price?
  • Options
    Based on my research so far this sounds like a fair price. I am shopping EXL's with RES and the best deal I have found is $33.086 out of Houston. Still think I can do better and will wait til the end of the month. Your deal sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    Please keep me posted once you find a better deal and pull the trigger.

Thanks
  • Options
    abe16abe16 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased in the DC area.

$31,389 + 780 destination, taxes and tags.
  • Options
    drmagiciandrmagician Member Posts: 2
    does anyone have any experience with dealers in this area? price? any info is greatl appreciated.
  • Options
    drmagiciandrmagician Member Posts: 2
    2011 model
  • Options
    juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2010
    I have used route 23 honda for servicing my accord, as such I wanted to buy from them so after shopping around I got the car from them. EXL 4x4 RES 33,850 including destination. everyone else figure out tax, doc, dmv. I also got running boards as i mentioned. to get this price literally just tell ADAM (great guy), ask for him, and tell him that I send you and that is the price. paperwork is a breeze, out in one hour once they have your deposit the night before. their service department is the best also, and I drive about 20miles to get there, when i have another honda within 5 miles.

good luck, oh yes the car is awesome, I love it.

regarding the accord (exl v-6 remote start 30K), I was going to sell it private party, but the guy could not come up with 22K from credit union, got him to go through honda, where 17.5k was my trade-in and I am getting another 3000 seperate check in the next week or so from his purchase at 21K from dealer. on top of tax on the trade-in I am also getting 730 on my extended warranty. i think i did really good on this whole deal.

good luck again julian
  • Options
    ricoinvaricoinva Member Posts: 6
    Quote of $33961 including dest fee at Pohanka (Fredericksburg, VA). They're also quoting a $399 proc fee plus TTL. Total out the door is $35523. At the moment, they beat a couple of other Virginia dealers by $300-$600. What do you think?
  • Options
    doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    Hi - I am new to this post and considering purchasing a 2011 4x4 Touring with Nav/Res. I have been told that there are 2 Blue ones coming at the end of this month and quoted a price of $37,289 and then I would be charged an additional $500 so they could send someone to get it for me bringing the price to $37,789 plus taxes and fees. I questioned this charge and just wanted to see what everyone else thinks about this price and about charging me $500 to go get it. I am happy to put down a deposit but this part about paying someone to get my car seems ridiculous. Thanks - everyone that I know who has a Pilot loves it and I am ready to get out of my small Lexus RX350!
  • Options
    watson524watson524 Member Posts: 10
    Wow! There is no way I'd pay $500 for them to go get me a car from another dealer. I've had 3 cars come from other dealers (2 Subarus and my newest 2011 Pilot EX-L) and it's never even been brought up. How far away are they going? Is this a dealer you've dealt with in the past? If not, I'd be very uncomfortable with what their service level might be like after the sale and tell them to pound salt. And I'd likely call the other deal if it's not TOO far for you to go and see if they'd match the price or go $500 less.
  • Options
    doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    Thank you! I will call another local dealer. I was told that it was due to come off the assembly line at the end of this month and that someone would have to go get it. They bring cars to that dealership all the time and I could not understand why I would have to pay extra to get the car I wanted. When I bought my Lexus I had to wait for it to be ordered and don't recall them adding $ to get the car to me. Lexus even let me drive one of their new cars for 3 weeks while I waited for mine.
  • Options
    ask420ask420 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

Anyone has idea on how much new honda pilot ex-l/4wd with navigation and RES would cost in WA area? I contacted a local dealer n they gave a quote of $39,467 without RES. Do you think its the right price or i can get it for much lower price?
    I have also contacted some other dealers thro' e-mail in and around seattle area. Hope to get best deal.
    Also, if i plan to purchase it from other state, incase if i get a better deal will there be any other hidden charges?

Thanks

Sree
  • Options
    ask420ask420 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I wanted to know the price dealer is offering is worth to pay or can i get it for little bit less...

$36,720 + $5,000 down payment= $ 41,720.

Please let me know.
  • Options
    mrgiellamrgiella Member Posts: 52
    Grabbed a Touring for 550 a month with 1500 down, thoughts?
  • Options
    ricoinvaricoinva Member Posts: 6
    $35000 out the door price for 2011 Pilot EX-L, AWD w RES at West Broad Honda last Friday; internet sales manager is Christy K; very helpful