Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    barczykbarczyk Member Posts: 5
    I've been pricing 2011 Pilot Tourings and the lowest price I can get a dealer to commit to is $38,400. Apparently they are in short supply here. I got a price through USAA's car buying service of $37,186. Has anyone beat that in the greater Philadelphia area?
  • Options
    frukiofrukio Member Posts: 12
    try overstock.com- pretty neat service....will find you the lowest price in your area.
  • Options
    barczykbarczyk Member Posts: 5
    Yes, that's the same car buying service USAA uses.
  • Options
    f1fan6f1fan6 Member Posts: 4
    Thought I would throw this out there, I didn't see a for sale section. Silver with gray leather. Great condition, warranty until Aug. 2013. Pictures can be emailed on request. $36000. Baltimore Maryland
  • Options
    setmea3setmea3 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at 2011 Pilots in North NJ, and tried the Costco buyer program and was told there are no qualified sellers for it. Wondering if this is just a local thing or cross-country? Any of you out there buy through Costco? How did it go?

From what I'm seeing it sure looks like a "sellers market" right now. Bummer.
  • Options
    lbross23lbross23 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a '10 EX-L no RES. $30,500 plus TTL. Took advantage of the 1.9%, and the dealer added back $750 instead of the full $1,500. I think I got a good deal for exactly the vehicle we were looking for, including the color.(Mocha Met.).
  • Options
    maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    Congrats on your pilot. What is your location ?
    Does the price of $30,500 include dealer fees? Is it FWD or AWD ??
    Thx for your response
  • Options
    kk1031kk1031 Member Posts: 1
    I got quote $44000. otd it this fair price?
  • Options
    roflkittensroflkittens Member Posts: 6
    I have a quote from someone in Tristate for a bali blue touring with 3k worth of dealer added stuff....started me at 38K and now I'm down below 33K. it really is steal for a showroom demo with no miles.

The sales guy is nice - and I want to see someone take that car because my wife won't let me have it :(

I'll give u the info if u want it. That was the only 2010 i could find on the east coast besides the one I bought.
  • Options
    bulgokeebulgokee Member Posts: 36
    roflkittens.

Can you send me the info?

my email is: h_kim01 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks.
  • Options
    roflkittensroflkittens Member Posts: 6
    check ur inbox.
  • Options
    pricelessmegpricelessmeg Member Posts: 2
    Hi, could you pls. send me the info? pricelessmeg@gmail.com. thanks for posting!!
  • Options
    Sonuf13Sonuf13 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    I just bought a Honda Pilot EX-L(Mocha Metallic) from DCH Honda of NJ for 35,368.00 out of the showroom. I got the same quote from them as internet pricing.

Wheel locks were included

BasePrice 31,739
    Dest 710
    TTL 399
    DocFee 249
    Tax 2,271
    ----------------------------------
    Total 35,368
    ----------------------------------
  • Options
    m30mnm30mn Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    I got a Quote of 36300 + TTC for a 2011 Touring Model..the sticker price was 40280.I 'm just wondering is it a good price to lock..please help..
  • Options
    aalekseyaaleksey Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    @Sonuf13 - Is it a 4WD or 2WD model ?

Thank you.
  • Options
    faiginwells98faiginwells98 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Here is the deal that I got last night:

sales price 34982.00
    taxes 2938.49
    az temp tag fee 15.00
    state doc fee 395.00
    tire fee 5.00
    registation fee 8.25
    title fee 4.00
    postage fee 14.00
    total 38361.74

I also added the Honda Care for 8 years 120K miles with $0 deduct. for 1495.

Could only get 1.9 for 36 months so had to get 2.9% interest.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

Robert
  • Options
    andmilairandmilair Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know what the current (as of May 5th) money factor and residual are for a 2011 Honda Pilot Lease of 3 years and 12,000 miles per year.
    Trying to figure what the monthly pmts are on a 4WD Touring w/ RES before I talk with the dealership.
    Thanks for the help……
  • Options
    andmilairandmilair Member Posts: 6
    Went to Honda last night Suffolk County Long Island NY and was quoted a price of $550 per month for a 2011 Pilot 4wd Touring with RES, 3 years / 36K miles. Just need to pay taxes and bank fee upfront. Do you think there is any more room in the monthly payment???
  • Options
    azlib62azlib62 Member Posts: 3
    We're in Phoenix, AZ. Just bought 2011 Pilot Touring FWD for $35,700 including dest fees. Had quote from other dealer for $34,900 including dest fees but they didn't have the color we wanted. Lower price dealer said they could get a Pilot from any other dealer in the area, is that true? If so why go to any other dealers if inventory can be swapped between dealers? BTW my wife finds the drivers seat extremely uncomfortable, anyone else have that problem? Her previous car was a Ford Windstar. BIG difference from the minivan to the Pilot.
  • Options
    chitowntwinschitowntwins Member Posts: 6
    I wanted to update that I did buy a White Diamond Touring 4WD from Castle Honda in the Chicagoland area. We paid $36,707. We got our own financing through Bank of America @ 3.5%. OTD was less than $40,000 with running boards and door guards added. We visited 2 dealers prior to choosing Castle (Honda of Lisle and Ohare Honda) and swapped emails with Muller Honda. Muller did not have the color I wanted but they were meeting the selling price of Castle. Definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND Honda of Lisle or O'hare Honda.

Honda of Lisle adds accessories onto the cars and their email quotes don't reflect those. There were other issues there as well. We needed to take our misbehaving twins to eat lunch. Salesman thought the deal was dead but we were trying to negotiate with their sales manager and he handed us our keys like we wasted his time. It was basically a drive by drop off of our keys and he was out of there so fast we couldn't even thank him for his time. We went ready to purchase that day too. He should have been upset with his manager not us. O'hare Honda negotiated with me via email but failed to tell me that every car on their lot had major hail damage. So that was a waste. We would have bought a 2011 and waited for it to come in but they didn't act like they needed the sale when they stopped communicating with us. No problem. We ended up getting a better deal at Castle in the end.

We ended up very happy with our new Pilot and buying experience. :)
  • Options
    rkhamilton920rkhamilton920 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2010
    have a quote of $32,950 + freight and TTL for a 2011 4WD EXL with Navi. Anyone seen better price in Chicagoland?
  • Options
    ddazddaz Member Posts: 1
    Hi azlib62,

Could you tell me which dealer you bought the car from? Also did you get the speicial APR too? Was the trade value fair?

Thanks very much.

ddaz
  • Options
    wantanewcarwantanewcar Member Posts: 7
    Could you let me know where you obtained that pricing? Thanks.
  • Options
    rjazz66rjazz66 Member Posts: 3
    Detroit area....just got a quote for a 2011 for $37,437 + TTL. Sticker is $41,105. I can get 1.9% @ 60 months. Do I pull the trigger or should I be able to do better? Thanks in advance
  • Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Hi Chitowntwins,

Congratulations on your new Pilot purchase. I wanted to share my purchase buying a used 2003 Odyssey at Castle Honda in Sept 09 and thought I paid atleast 2K less than blue book price. I recently purchased 2010 Honda Odyssey EXL with Navi and RES from Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake and I did go to Castle honda for a quote and they gave me a decent quote but Schaumburg Honda was trying to rip me off initally. Having multiple dealer quoting me over internet helped get the price reduced from initial 33K (castle honda) to 32112 at Brilliance Honda. I didn't try too hard at Castle Honda as I ended getting Accessories (fog lights, remote Started) at dealer invoice price installed much chaper at Brilliance. I also got a extended warrenty for $900 for 7year/75K miles with 0 deductible. I do have to agree that Castle Honda was non pressured dealer and very easy to deal with. I found sales agent Mr.Singh very nice and not intimidating. Pilot is a great SUV but we needed a van with 2 kids. Great Buy and Congrats.

Sox Rule

pmpatel.
  • Options
    nacenace Member Posts: 45
    pmpatel or anyone, does anyone know what the new car sales tax would be for cook county? thanks
  • Options
    Our sales tax was 9 or 9.5%. I can't remember for sure.
  • Options
    pmpatelpmpatel Member Posts: 23
    Nace,

I live in DuPage county (7.25% tax i think) but purchased the vehicle from McHenry County (Brilliance Honda) and paid tax at 7.00%. I was told you pay the tax of where you buy from not where you live (park at night).
  • Options
    bdavis11bdavis11 Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote for a 2011 EX 2WD for 32,000 OTD.

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    lad14526lad14526 Member Posts: 1
    Curious what the best deals are for either an EX-L or EX-L RES? Thanks
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2010
    Gunn Honda in San Antonio Texas have some awesome deals right now on Pilots. Trying to move the old inventory. Example: Pilot EX right now for 27,800, not many at this price.
  • Options
    aalekseyaaleksey Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Dealership name: Mahwah Honda

2011 EX-L 4WD, no options

$19800 financed at 1.9% for 36 months
  • Options
    vtanmanvtanman Member Posts: 2
    Sorry i haven't responded... just got this.

Yes it was out the door.
    Bianchi Honda in Erie, PA
    http://www.bianchihonda.com/
  • Options
    country12345country12345 Member Posts: 4
    New to the forum... Going to buy a 2011 EX-L. Trying to decide if navigation is worth it? Does the usb come standard on the EX-L or do you have to get the navigation package? Is the navigation worth an extra 2,000?

More important question... dealer quote around 33,300 with navigation. Probably can get him down another couple hundred. Out the door with everything... around 35,500. Good deal?
  • Options
    hpcarhpcar Member Posts: 5
    Hi country12345 -

Which area did you get the quote of 33,300 with Nav? Thats a pretty decent quote compared to what I am getting in NY/NJ/PA area which is atleast 1100 more that what you are getting. And does 33,300 include destination?

Anyone in NJ/NY/PA getting a quote on 2011 EX-L without Nav around 32000 (including 710 Dest)?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I actually caught a huge break... first of all... it did include destination. Out the door with ttl, we were a little over 35500. I asked for an internet price quote and they quoted me a 1500 rebate off invoice which is what they still have on the 2010... plus the good financing. Because I had it in writing, the honored it and I obviously took the deal. I called other dealers and they said it was a great deal and that I should take it because they could not get close to it. Your deal does not sound bad by any means. I think that is the ball park that most will be in.
  • Options
    watson524watson524 Member Posts: 10
    I got a 2011 EX-L in Mocha from my local dealer (Scranton PA) for 32,614 (incl 710 destination).
  • Options
    motichormotichor Member Posts: 32
    Is it 4WD or 2WD?
    Also, does it have the RES (Rear Entertainment System)?
  • Options
    Mine was 4wd with navi... no RES..
  • Options
    lmarantlmarant Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Do you know if this vehicle is still available. I'm EXTREMELY interested and am ready to purchase.

Thanks
  • Options
    watson524watson524 Member Posts: 10
    Mine was 4WD, no NAV or RES.
  • Options
    dvw1234dvw1234 Member Posts: 1
    Hi azlib62,

I'm in Phoenix and looking to buy the 2011 Pilot Touring 2WD with NAV and RES (both standard on Touring model).... can you tell me which dealer quoted the $34,900? Was that for a 4WD or 2WD?
    Thanks for your help !!
  • Options
    kaiadogkaiadog Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    Purchased yesterday for $31,500 , that includes the destination charge. Also bought the 7yr, 80K mile extended warranty for $975.
  • Options
    jam082403jam082403 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I saw your posting for your recent purchase. We are looking to buy the 2011 4WD Touring w/NAV and RES as well. Is that the model you went with? And the price you paid did that include title and destination? We just started shopping this weekend, and may be looking to purchase in June. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Picked up my Dark Cherry with Beige EXL with Navi on Saturday from McGrath Honda in STC. They were able to locate one in St. Louis. Great experience - they met my price $33,660 including freight and the sales guys (Chuck & Brett) and Sales Manager (adrian) were terrific. Not so good when it came time for the paperwork - the finance guy was high pressure on the extended warranties - I got up and walked out and told Adrian either we just finish the paperwork for the purchase or I walked. Financed at 2.9 and got a very fair tradein allowance for my 1998 Explorer with 140,000. Highly recommend the dealership as a whole.
  • Options
    praveenkpraveenk Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2011 EX-L 2WD (without RES and Nav) in Irving Texas for 31,599 (incl 710 destination).

31599+TTL+Fee = 33995(drive out) and 1.9% APR for $20000 finance for 36 months

guys, is this a good deal?
  • Options
    pricelessmegpricelessmeg Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am looking to buy from this dealership. do you think you got a good deal, and is there any person i should work with? you can email me at pricelessmeg@gmail.com

thanks for posting!!!
  • Options
    jam082403,

Yes, we bought a 2011 Touring 4wd w/Nav and RES. The price included destination, title and some accessories we had added on. Those were the premium running boards and door guards.
  • Options
    justwatchingjustwatching Member Posts: 11
    Double checking because this sounds like a great price

2011 EX-L 4WD with Navi for $33,660?
  • Options
    got that price at two dealerships so I think you should have no problem getting the same deal. $33,660 is 3% below invoice plus freight. good luck.